It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of "Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012??" ...a bit odd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Claim made by a tabloid website:
Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012!

Just saw this on a site. Now I can't say that I believe it, but this is what's trending for now

Three giant alien spaceships are again heading for Earth! Scientists predict the new ships will arrive in November of 2012.

UFO encounters continue to increase – as documented on WWN. And today scientists at SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), an independent non-commercial organization, made a major announcement:

“Three giant spaceships are heading toward Earth. The largest one of them is 200 miles wide. Two others are slightly smaller. At present, the objects are just moving past Jupiter. Judging by their speed, they should be on Earth by the fall of 2012,” said John Malley, the lead extraterrestrial expert at SETI.

Three similar giant ships landed in China and the Indonesia Sea in November, 2011. They were identified as alien spaceships from Planet Gootan. Three more giant Gootan ships are headed her for November, 2012.

ETA: I am not supportive of the article or the website, but do want to open up dialogue concerning the possibility of other life in the universe

edit on 4-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Are you trolling or joking? You can't be serious otherwise

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
as much as I'd really like to happen,
I just don't see it happening; was hoping more for December.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Judging by what was on your quoted website this story is nothing but a story.

With stories ranging from UFO V invasion to a Zombie US President its all just a laugh.

[EDIT]
Just went back and clicked on the hotlink Mutants only to find a 'professional' tabloid advert of the following...

Since when does a woman sit in a position like that on a professional tabloid newspaper ?
errrr - NEVER !!!!
edit on 4-11-2012 by Rapha because: added the sick advert.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Where exactly is Gootan and how we're they identified as such ?? Just curious !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Statement on SETI.org

NO Spaceships Headed for Earth
Has the SETI Institute discovered three objects en route to our world?

Alien spacecraft that will arrive in 2012? If you believe a widespread story now being circulated on the internet, you might think so. But it’s all nonsense – it’s a rumor, a hoax, and a fabrication that uncritical web sites have reprinted without checking.

...maybe there are spaceships on their way, maybe they're not - one thing is certain though, SETI aren't telling anyone that there are!

edit on 4-11-2012 by grainofsand because: their/they're error fixed lol

link   
Wow just wow

You should seriously take a break from the internet

how can you take this serious enough to even post it

+4 more 
link   
It would appear to be a double booking catastrophe as the same paper has a story where the earth collides with Niburu in November as well.

Dont you hate that? You wait millenia for an Apocalypse then 2 come along at once

link   
reply to post by Imtor

He can't be...he has so many stars and flags

Maybe it's true...Maybe the Gootans really are here. I just hope it's not the giant hairy insectoids from Tau, and no giant rat like aliens from D quadrant.

Engage.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Weekly World News also brought you this:

Dick Cheney is a robot.

~Morpheus

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This all started to make sense when I clicked on the link. Isn't this like one of those strange gossip magazines that you see in the line of the grocery store where it always has stories like "3 headed baby born in Antartica" and stuff like that?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
It would appear to be a double booking catastrophe as the same paper has a story where the earth collides with Niburu in November as well.

Dont you hate that? You wait millenia for an Apocalypse then 2 come along at once

Be right back.....gotta go get my popcorn. The suspense of which one will get here first is killing me. Hope I get a good seat.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Other headlines from WWN, appaering on the same page:

"Kim Kardashian's butt exploded"

"Megan Fox got married, but she is still a man"

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

This all started to make sense when I clicked on the link. Isn't this like one of those strange gossip magazines that you see in the line of the grocery store where it always has stories like "3 headed baby born in Antartica" and stuff like that?

"Best investigating journalism on the planet"

- according to Tommy Lee Jones in MIB

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The planet Gootan? What planet Gootan?

The new Gootan spaceships have been detected by HAARP search system.

And since when does HAARP have the capability of detecting and identifying space ships from undiscovered planets?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Judging by what was on your quoted website this story is nothing but a story.

With stories ranging from UFO V invasion to a Zombie US President its all just a laugh.

Just went back and clicked on the hotlink Mutants only to find a 'professional' tabloid advert of the following...

Since when does a woman sit in a position like that on a professional tabloid newspaper ?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

It makes perfect sense. It might be the last chance to lose the virginity.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As I stated in the OP, I don't believe it to be true, but it IS what's trending on the page.

I thought it may be of interest to some of the members here who are interested in that sort of thing and felt I should share it in case they had not seen it.

It doesn't hold much creedance with me, but I don't want to judge what others may hold a belief in as far as the proper forums for their ideas.

If this were in the science forum, I would be debunking it left and right, but I see where it may have it's place in the UFO forum.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012!

Now I can't say that I believe it, but this is what's trending for now

Trending for now? You're funny. Great contribution, saying that a weekly world magazine is trending for now.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Yes, it is, but apparently, those types of sources have their followings or they wouldn't exist.

Not my "cup of tea", but wanted to provide the link for those who do find it in their interest range.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

ROFLMAO that was grrrreaaat!

edit: the mature dating hoax ad, ICING ON THE CAKE!
edit on 4-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join