It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
crickets

and 30 flags.
send me your phone numbers.

shakes head

Look, maybe I'm just too smart for this, but I'm getting classic scam line readings on my scanners.

You're looking at the wrong pictures?
I'm only here to allow the flooding to be analyzed...
Send me your phone numbers (brilliant)
That's all the information I have in me...?

My husband tried to get the car (around 8 PM tonight) and a few minutes later he's swimming (didn't all this happen just before the storm?) Then the timeline changes to happening just this minute....okay here's MY phone number TOO. duh. You can't undo that.

Sometimes, this place is worth it. I'm guessing the OP was after one number, specifically...the usual first responder.

I'll tell you the truth....I have had to peruse this link at length, due to evangelism that has claimed a brain under this roof...

en.wikipedia.org...
(lots of stuff here)

I have to walk hours to use the phone....(who does that?)

edit on 3-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've seen this occurrence before. Looks like a water main break. Unless we have the municipal maps in front of us, we don't know what's running underneath that area.
The pulsing or fountain effect I'm seeing could be caused by storm surge.
edit on 3-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
crickets

and 30 flags.
send me your phone numbers.

shakes head

Look, maybe I'm just too smart for this, but I'm getting classic scam line readings on my scanners.

You're looking at the wrong pictures?
I'm only here to allow the flooding to be analyzed...
Send me your phone numbers (brilliant)
That's all the information I have in me...?

My husband tried to get the car (around 8 PM tonight) and a few minutes later he's swimming (didn't all this happen just before the storm?) Then the timeline changes to happening just this minute....okay here's MY phone number TOO. duh. You can't undo that.

I have to walk hours to use the phone....(who does that?)

You do make it sound iffy when you put it all together like that..
I thought she had a blackberry, why walk to a phone?
Here, this can add to your skepticism

! I am next in line for shower... lol, water is luxury here I will try to get something on my useless blackberry and see if I can add anything.... and also ask if these people will be ok with me using their internet, they also curious about the flood. The woman who is letting me use her internet was trying to save her car, by the time she walked 10 feet to her car from lobby water went from knee to chest area, she was holding to gates to get back home....

How fast would water be moving to get from knee to chest level tha fast? Wouldnt that be enough to evacuate for?
From the video it looked like an underwater pipe broke like others here stated. Can't tell if OP is exaggerating or not, I'm not there so I can't say. Hope the best for anyone in NY nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Not to mention that the new yorker now has the ID of a person who hopes to see, essentially, a sinking island. Smacking lips, you can almost hear the popcorn cracking.

Yeah, my husband is swimming in muck, trying to save the car, and I'm playing around on ats. Collecting phone numbers. I do wonder what sort of 'software' was uploaded in order for the video to be shown, and who supplied it?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I have the video on my verizon wireless pictures and video messaging. Does anyone know how I can get it uploaded here. I can't seam to figure it out

Des

Can you forward it to your personal mail ? or to an iphone ?
or connect your phone with a usb wire and try to upload it into your computer ?

good luck DES

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Yeah, my husband is swimming in muck, trying to save the car, and I'm playing around on ats. Collecting phone numbers.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

One time a guy threw some frisbees over his house and took pictures. Then he said he saw a ufo, and his dog got sick. He provided the vet bills, pictures of the dog. Pictures of the frisbees. Turns out he was in a rock band somewhere in Nashville, just having some fun.

After pages of hoaxing, everyone was calling him a liar, but he told the truth. Since he didn't know exactly what his friend tossed over the yard (pizza tin, frisbee etc...), he could call it a 'ufo'. And, his dog DID get sick. But what made the hoax possible was that he started the account a few months before the ufo thread.

Once a mark starts touting the con man as legit, positive reinforcement is no longer needed. The vehicle just runs on it's own energy. I just hope not too many bank accounts were affected.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The video seems to replicate what the poster is describing. Water is coming up through the ground, and welling. That would be expensive to replicate for a one person scam.
Also, the history of this poster is focused on weather and sky phenomena. Perhaps the poster felt comfortable posting her viewpoint here, as it's not showing in the mainstream media the conditions of where she is.
Deny Ignorance is the credo of this site. She's telling us that the view from the ground is different from what we are reading in news reports.We don't know if this is a site that she regularly peruses, and feels it's a good site to ask her question.
Why ATS and not family members? We don't know if she posted a mass email to her entire contact list before she brought us this news. She had a question about what she felt was an unusual phenomena, and came here.
Why search for a phone when she has a Blackberry. I've read somewhere else that the signal keeps cutting out on cell service, perhaps she is looking for a more reliable means of communication
I doubt this person began an account a few months early to pull legs about a disaster that many didn't see coming.
I will believe that she is posting honestly.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I thought she couldn't get service, that's why she had to walk two hours. I'd do that if i was in the situation she is describing.

The way I understand it is When she was talking about her husband getting the car she was talking about one time. At eight oclock when the water started coming up? Maybe I missed something?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

OK. But really, what would it take for you to send your personal phone number to a stranger, here at ats?

A compelling story.

Why would a person with a hookup require someone else's phone information?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If I give you my number right now, what can you do with it other than call me? Maybe give it out and have other people call me...Annoying, have to get my number changed.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I would have suggested an email, but then, I don't have a Blackberry, I have an iPad. I don't know if one can message another using email over a Blackberry.
Perhaps she didn't want to send the photo directly through someone else's computer. The film was on her Blackberry. I don't know how BB's sync with computers. Perhaps the borrowed computer wasn't compatible with her phone to download the film onto the base computer then send it here. You can ask her when she posts again.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The hoaxer was also telling folk that bogus fema and gov agents are running around robbing people, doing home invasions. Those are the subliminal bylines that got persons to send in their personal info. Watch the news sometime. The media are EXPERT at such deceptions. They use the lines to conceal a hidden blow. And it wasn't just an inch of water being described. It was several yards of water in buildings that never flooded in 50 years. Go back and re-read the lines that were handed out. Remember them next time the media roll out another 'pandemic'.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

No, I do believe it's coming from the ground that's why I was so interested in her situation from the get go. I do not believe she is lying, I was just acknowledging the oddness David pointed out. But like they say today is the day and age women update their status on the hospital bed in labor, people report accidents on Facebook before calling the cops, and anything you can think of, now floods. I think the point being made was if it was so bad how come be on ATS, but honestly I'd rather someone tell us here what MSM won't though, so we can decide for ourselves. I saw the video, but not up to chest level, but who could video in that anyways? I'm just confused as to why some places had mandatory evacuation and some didn't. Like I said, exaggeration or not, I hope everyone is alright up there, and I mean that.

Edit; I can't pretend like ATS wouldn't be the first place I'd go to to share a situation like that too. If I said I wouldn't I'd be lying.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

In the news story I read, it was persons dressing in CON ED workers outfits.
www.dailymail.co.uk... ns_campaign=1490

I still will believe the original poster's story and intent until proven otherwise. This will be enough of this conversation. This is a thread about a phenomena occurring in New York, not an article on paranoia and mistrust.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

I thought she couldn't get service, that's why she had to walk two hours. I'd do that if i was in the situation she is describing.

The way I understand it is When she was talking about her husband getting the car she was talking about one time. At eight oclock when the water started coming up? Maybe I missed something?

No, it is probably me missing something. Maybe she walked before the water got so high? I don't doubt her. Also I was mistaken I thought it was the lady she was staying with who the water started coming up on when she went to check her car? See I am all backwards. I will have to re-read it all obviously. Lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

If I give you my number right now, what can you do with it other than call me? Maybe give it out and have other people call me...Annoying, have to get my number changed.

I haven't thought about it, since I'm not a confidence trickster. However, I could read all about you, knowing that you are a first class chump with a good heart who rushes to be first to hand over a number based on a sob story.

Then I could play....nevermind

See earlier link I supplied from wikipedia. Good information there. At the very least, I could sell the numbers to scam artists who play on senile good hearted people. It's all in the link. When you dedicate your every neuron and nerve ending to defending against a brainwashed, malicious, religious, and foremost, control freak, you get inured against the obvious deceptions, such as government and media brainwashing. That is my life, see. It is as close to life/death as anything I have encountered from the 'sky'.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I agree, If I had a ten minutes on a computer id post here for sure.

Why isnt anyone replying to me?

To Dave, let's say your right? Why? What would she get out of it?

Ah I see you did reply

Yea tight now, I don't think it's made up. I don't know yet what to think about the whole thing though.
edit on 3-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

When you dedicate your every neuron and nerve ending to defending against a brainwashed, malicious religious freak, you get inured against the obvious deceptions, such as government and media brainwashing. That is my life, see. Nearly e-v-e-r-y year of it.

DUDE hold up! What in the heck are you saying here?? You have me confused?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Ask her when the smoke clears. Looks like a couple numbers and some 'software' were exchanged.

Please note that 'victim' is the word that shows up on the thread title. That is a giveaway. When looking for the browser tab, 'victim' is all I see, on my machine.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join