It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

i was actually about to say the same thing. dont know if new york is like sydney, but all the storm water drains lead out to the ocean. so its plausable that the surge and water were coming back up the way the water usually runs out to the ocean. old pipes etc could have cracked and come through the road and sidewalks just like when a water pipe bursts and comes up through the ground.

just a thought...dont know if it helps.

good luck and thinking of you all from over here in sydney. xxx

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

When hurricane hunter aircraft measured its central pressure at 940 millibars -- 27.76 inches -- Monday afternoon, it was the lowest barometric reading ever recorded for an Atlantic storm to make landfall north of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. The previous record holder was the 1938 "Long Island Express" Hurricane, which dropped as low as 946 millibars.

Sandy's strength and angle of approach combined to produce a record storm surge of water into New York City. The surge level at Battery Park topped 13.88 feet at 9:24 p.m. Monday, surpassing the 10.02 feet record water level set by Hurricane Donna in 1960.

Super Storm Sandy breaks records

With the peak of the storm surge being at 9:24, it makes sense that the water would have started bubbling up around 8 p.m. The falling atmospheric pressure, and the push of the storm surge into the Harbor probably just flooded all the old underground storm drains, tunnels, subways, and utility corridors and the water started coming up through the ground.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Arrggghhhh...thanks to those who offered help via u2u. I've downloaded the software to try to upload it to youtube...still trying to get it posted here...

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This seems to show a good example of what I'm trying to explain.

We can assume that those metal covers were pushed up by the storm surge, and you can imagine that there are thousands of other voids beneath the city that are a century old and covered up. They basically just build on top of these things, they don't fill them all up with concrete.

Imagine if someone decided to build a hotel on that spot in ten years, and just covered up the tunnels, tiled the floors and carried on. Then the next storm surge would flood it and instead of metal covers being pushed up under the pressure the hotel floor would split open and create the impression that something else might be happening.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thank you ranger, I texted you the video, pictures you guys looking at are all wrong.... please view my video, this is all I have to show you, please note that I live in this building for 20 years and there are people who live here for over 50 years, this was VERY abnormal very different... I am trying to spread this for analization... nothing less nothing more.... I am leaving! hopefully I will get some phone service tomorrow... Just hoping I gave all information I had in me.....

Thank you

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

This was a first time in 108 year event. It was different for everyone! Not discounting your experience, but of course nobody has ever experienced it, it has never happened this bad before.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A little perspective.
A few years ago we had a very heavy rain ,huge amount in a very short time.
I saw man covers blown off and columns of water shooting out of the holes at least 4 to 5 foot high.

Our drainage system was over capacity to handle that amount of water.

With the storm surge that you experienced on top of the rain would ,I presume,do the same.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

When you build on land that's been filled and was once ocean this is what happens. The water table rises and comes up through the ground. Those of us who live/lived in the Bay Area are familiar with the phenomenon. You cover that land with asphalt and it'll find a way out ... through cracks.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
These are NOT the OP's video. Just some various videos of Manhole Covers being launched by water columns. This is just a couple, there are many, many more!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Holy crap,dude!!!!!
The ones I saw weren't that big,but still impressive.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ya, I didn't think those were real at first!

I've seen something similar to what you described, but I've never seen anything like those videos!

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here it is....thank you for your patience....I had to download all kinds of software to get it here...

Special Thanks to ATS member tworide for help that got this video up.....

Des

edit on 2-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

And Thank You for getting it up.

Pretty interesting. I just have to wonder what is under the ground...Pipes, sewers..etc

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Hmm appreciate you posting this Des.

However this shows nothing that the OP was talking about. All that looks like to me (and I could be wrong) is a water main break or some old sewer lines/pipes breaking. Much ado about nothing I'm afraid.

ETA : From the OP "and water was coming out like fountain. it took < 10 minutes to fill lobbies and cars over the roof..."

Okay..so where's the proof of this? It amazes me what people expect us to believe here without proof. Don't make claims you can't back up. That video certainly isn't proof water was coming out like a "fountain"
edit on 2-11-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

She, the OP said this is only the first of a lot of vids and pics. This is the only one she has sent...so far. I now have my computer set up to upload quickly, should she send more. Unfortunately, I required a lot of software I didn't have installed to do it fast. I should have thought of that before I volunteered to post it for her. It was like me volunteering to build a spaceship with a wooden spoon and rubberbands.....I'm set to go now....hope she does send more. When she sent this one, it didn't go to my phone, I got a message to pick it up online from the verizon video messaging center.....that's where the mess started. but, all is well in video uploading land now.....

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Thank you,Des,for helping out.

Looking forward to more vids!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Indeed she did say that but by her wording it's something other then the storm that caused this...I'm reserving my full thoughts until we see more pics/vids. As I said that video doesn't show much more then a water main break to me.I saw it 1000's of times when I lived in Philadelphia.Water comes out of every crack possible when a pipe underground breaks. Sounds like she's reading a bit much into it. Maybe I'm wrong though

edit on 2-11-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I too, am hoping to see the pics of water covering cars in ten minutes.

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I too, am hoping to see the pics of water covering cars in ten minutes.

Des

Oh my goodness, I hope you're wrong! I don't want to see that.

So far, the stories are just that, and I hope they're false.
edit on 2-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It takes less than 10 psi to bust seals and rupture sub development including old pipes some of which will be clay and concrete. There is no conspiracy here.

Millions and millions of gallons of water forced into tiny places that water has never been.

Something has gotta give.

What blows my mind is the amount of underground damage and foundation damage that will be revealed.

This is a very large catastrophe

Not as big a fukushima tsunami though so it needs to be kept in perspective.

Or the boxing day tsunami that killed 250 thousand people.

That's right 250 thousand people died in that event

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join