It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Another member here is trying to help me get them up....

Des

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The media is still going strong for the agenda.
Can't dare allow anyone to think the administration can't fix everything with a magic wand.
They can hold a marathon but can't take care of the Sandy victims.

To the OP,
I'm sorry for your losses. Don't give up. It will get better.
I'm pretty much tapped out sending money and camping gear to friends but I know people are donating money and sending relief goods from Texas. We know what it's like to rebuild and start over so we don't take it lightly.

Hopefully the govt will get their stuff together even if the media is ignoring the worst of it.

Water out of the ground sounds like hydraulic pressure from upstream caused sewers/ drainage/ subway to burst out into the open. Water pressure can do some amazing things.

edit on 2-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I doubt the OP can respond (what with having to borrow a computer just to post this thread), but I would like to know how long has it been flooding? Did it just start today? Have you seen any people that are in dire need of immediate help (stranded, treading water, etc.)? If so, we can notify authorities.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would like to see evidence of this too, but lets assume it's true and not a case of a mistake in perception of any kind.

I would say that there is a LOT of infrastructure under NY that people don't see. It's an old city, and while you might think everything is shiny and modern there are century old pipes, tunnels and drains all over the place that have been covered up and forgotten.

When they install a new sewer they don't painstakingly take out the old one, especially not when it's under the lobby of a building.

IMO, it sounds to me as though the sewage systems and drainage failed, or that old underground voids filled up and breached.

There was no quake, there are no reports of one, no evidence, and it would be a remarkable coincidence to have that happen there at the same time as Sandy arriving.

Therefore, if you're correct in your report of water erupting from the ground, I would suggest this was at a lower point, with millions of gallons of flood water arriving from flooded areas or the incoming surge, and there was nowhere left for it to go but up.

It makes sense that this would happen. If you're at the lowest point of a pipe and water is pouring in from a higher point in the city, you would see exactly what seems to be being described here.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Guys,

Thank you sooooo much, I am on borrowed time, and trying to figure out how to get ats on my blackberry, thanks to these nice people who allowing me to use their home.... Des, thank you so much, please anyway possible post the video, use anything you need, you have my approval, youtube or anyone else helping you.... please note that this happened at 8pm, there was NO RAIN, RAIN and wind came around 11pm, little rain, nothing drastic, and also they said the tide will hit, us again in the morning it did NOT, just 8pm on Monday 10/29, it took minutes to have everything under water. I want your help ATS to figure this out and giving you all I have what would water be coming from underground, we have our subways over the ground on top, it only goes under when we get to downtown brooklyn and manhattan, we live next to water, NY Aquarium, Astronald Park, Surf Avenue, block from ocean, as far as I know we don't have anything underground nor even sure if we can having water so close..... please analyze the video, this does not seem right to me, maybe it is and I am not understanding something, but in my brain nothing adds up... I am thankful to everyone and Des, Bless you for responding! I am next in line for shower... lol, water is luxury here I will try to get something on my useless blackberry and see if I can add anything.... and also ask if these people will be ok with me using their internet, they also curious about the flood. The woman who is letting me use her internet was trying to save her car, by the time she walked 10 feet to her car from lobby water went from knee to chest area, she was holding to gates to get back home....

Thank you kind people!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I can't upload this video off my computer. don't have the proper software. If anyone wants to u2u me I can send it to your phone, free if verizon. Smartphone, I don't have, will probably do the trick. Also this is a u2u from the OP to me...am passing it along. So sorry I can't do it. It shows people startled by water starting to rush out of the middle of the street, from underground...a lot of water....

Des

I feel like homeless begger from this people I am using their shower for all kids and internet, do anything you want just please post it, I want people to see it, please tell them this was not rain, no RAIN, and also the name of the guy I spoke with at brooklyn channel 12 was Bill Zito. still no coverage, nothing... I am not asking for anything, just help me figure this out.... people donating money will never come to us, and personally we can do it without out, just don't want people thinking that victims actually get it... maybe i am wrong. trying to see how I can get abt on my blackberry....

edit on 2-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by Rocks123

Regarding ats on a blackberry; you could use the mobile site: m.abovetopsecret.com...

It is text only, no images or video but atleast you can read & post.

If you decide to go that route, please beware that the home page on that link is useless. Just use the 'board' link and you will be the recent posts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the update OP. TWC reluctantly agrees with you. They posted entire rainfall totals after the storm and the NY area only received .96 inches of rainfall!! Far below a hurricane without bands or a tropical storm.
The Hurricane Center couldn't even tell if or where the "eye" was. There was no surge when it came on shore according to them at about 6:30. They were still saying that would come with the "high tide" at 8pm.

That makes no sense. It sounds like what you experienced happened at a TIME to "coincide" with high tide to me.
But, then anyone who has read my posts about this can attest to my skepticism about what is being reported about this storm versus what really happened. And is happening.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Guys,

Just more info before I get kicked out, Surf Avenue, West 8th Street, Brooklyn NY, please use map to figure out location, nothing underground, NO Rain, we get alot of Rain in April, google information, we can get so much rain, but never flooded NEVER..... this occured around 7:50pm, my husband went down to save the car, around 8:03 lights went out, he came back around 8:10, he had to swim back, it took maximum of 25 minutes to flood parkings full of car up to roof top, he got scared when he saw on top of us the trainstaition and buildings lights going out and knew that I am probably going crazy worried about him so he realized that if he does not start swimming he wont make it back, he also mentioned that lights went with a sound of BOOM..... !!!!!! please use the address for information, please look at the video and let me know what I am missing.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Are you sure it was not rain hitting the ground that hard that it bounced up. I saw a hail storm like this one time and the hail looked like it was bursting from the ground.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
Guys,

Just more info before I get kicked out, Surf Avenue, West 8th Street, Brooklyn NY, please use map to figure out location, nothing underground, NO Rain, we get alot of Rain in April, google information, we can get so much rain, but never flooded NEVER..... this occured around 7:50pm, my husband went down to save the car, around 8:03 lights went out, he came back around 8:10, he had to swim back, it took maximum of 25 minutes to flood parkings full of car up to roof top, he got scared when he saw on top of us the trainstaition and buildings lights going out and knew that I am probably going crazy worried about him so he realized that if he does not start swimming he wont make it back, he also mentioned that lights went with a sound of BOOM..... !!!!!! please use the address for information, please look at the video and let me know what I am missing.

Fresh water, salt water or grey water?
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by judydawg
reply to post by Rocks123

Are you sure it was not rain hitting the ground that hard that it bounced up. I saw a hail storm like this one time and the hail looked like it was bursting from the ground.

Reread the OP! It clearly said NO RAIN!

There was NO RAIN until later.

Sigh.

edit on 2-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Someone, please help Des with Video, it shows clearly NO RAIN and water is from Ground, CLEAR at the time, please, help and we are one block from ocean, the water flood started 2 blocks from me and he couldnts move the car, its amazing he took the video because going further from ocean was not an option or a solution the water was higher going further from ocean... please someone get the video it will answer and show.. I really need to go.... I don't want people to hate me here, need to comeback here tomorrow....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I would think that could be sea water. Surf ave is pretty close to the shore.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just found a large amount of pics of the flooding in Lower Manhattan.

imgur.com...

Also up to the minute info here www.reddit.com...
edit on 11/2/12 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Rocks, so sorry for all your troubles. Sounds very strange about the water.

(Des, can you email the video to yourself, and then save in on your computer and post it on YouTube?)
edit on 11/2/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Rocks123, i sent you my # send me the video and i will up load it ASAP.

Much love
RangerClark29

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wiki on 8th and Surf Ave near New York Aquarium

It is an elevated subway track and station, but that doesn't mean it has always been that way. This location is very close to the water, its possible the barometric pressure change brought the water up. I'm looking for a barometric pressure chart for Monday night now.

Google Street View
edit on 2-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I would think that could be sea water. Surf ave is pretty close to the shore.

With that location, there will be thousands of old pipe lines under ground, disused and heading out to the shore. It's more plausible to me that the water pressure through an old pipeline (old sewer, bricked up basement etc) forced it out through the ground and created this impression of water erupting from the earth.

However you look at it, physics is the answer here. We know what happened, there was a massive storm surge, some rain, and a lot of flooding was the result. I don't think there is any mystery here, just incorrect perception of natural occurrences.

Almost everyone reporting on the storm that night said how surprised they were as the speed at which the water rose. It makes sense that under a city with so many millions of people there are also millions of miles of tunnels, pipes, sewers etc at various levels. All of this would have flooded in the areas hit, and I don't think what we are reading is a mystery at all.

Just my take on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There may be an old tunnel very near there.

The oldest, continually operating aquarium in the United States, the New York Aquarium first opened December 10, 1896 at Castle Garden, Battery Park, Manhattan. In October 1941, it was closed in anticipation of the construction of a tunnel from lower Manhattan to Brooklyn. The animals were temporarily houses at the Bronx Zoo until they are able to be relocated to the new address of the aquarium at Brooklyn's Coney Island boardwalk on June 6, 1957. 1

New York Aquarium

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join