It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy, Stupid...People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

My first reaction is to agree with you, AccessDenied: Yes, it seems that the lot are as intellectual as a rock.

But, at the same time...

You also must realize that there are people with intellectual capacities far greater than yours - and that they would, in comparison to you, make you seem as intelligent as a rock.

Do you feel you are any less intelligent knowing there are "smarter" people out there than you?

I know I don't.

The day somebody has to "dumb themselves down" in order to talk to YOU, only then will you fully realize why things are the way they are.

Peace

edit on 2-11-2012 by Dan001 because: grammatical error

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
"I am so sick of dealing with stupid people!"

After five years of working food/customer service, I can tell you that I think these very words to myself after every working day. Gladly this occupation of mine is finally coming to an end.

I can sooo relate with OP on this one.

Not to hate on sheep of course, but the "less intelligent" the sheeple, the easier they are to control. And control is everything of course, religion, government, etc. all are perfect examples. Mass media, as it somewhat influences the lives of 99% of people, definitely plays a HUGE role.

Maybe "less focused" would be better terminology, and by being "less focused" on things that "matter" you could be considered "less intelligent". For example, people come up to me throughout the day asking, "Did you see what happened on [insert unimportant, superfluous TV show here] last night? It was [insert overused, overenthusiastic adjective here]!"-

I just want to shake the brainless, puppetized zombie, and scream, "HOW CAN THAT BE THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU."

When the majority becomes this, we lose the power we could have had as a conglomerate. It's frustrating, and sickening. It's life, as LadySkadi's father was aware.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
As a female I've been told that my intellect is intimidating to others, especially men. My cousin brought this to my attention some years ago and I was at a loss. I refuse to dumb myself down for anyone. I used to be really talkative but I stopped doing that for awhile... Then I was told that I was coming off as aloof. Apparently you have to talk about the mind numbing crap like Honey Boo Boo to be socially accepted. I reject that completely. I'm so tired of people pretending to be everything they aren't just to be accepted. It's ridiculous IMO and if that's what society dictates then I say society can kiss my you-know-what. I truly long for a paradigm shift toward individuality, knowledge, acceptance, freedom and LOVE. Sadly, I doubt that I will ever see it happen. For now I'll keep quiet, searching the skies for wonderment and awe, meanwhile keeping a keen eye on the crumbling humanity that surrounds me at every turn...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I totally agree with OP post, even when i go to my mates house, majority of the time ill be sitting there watching everyone check their Facebook or chive on their phones, wondering why i even bothered to leave the house.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
At first I read the title and thought oh crap this thread must be about me, THEY'RE ON TO ME!
Whew.

Now everyone, make an offering to the glowing screen before your eyes. It loves you and needs your worship.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan001

My first reaction is to agree with you, AccessDenied: Yes, it seems that the lot are as intellectual as a rock.

But, at the same time...

You also must realize that there are people with intellectual capacities far greater than yours - and that they would, in comparison to you, make you seem as intelligent as a rock.

Do you feel you are any less intelligent knowing there are "smarter" people out there than you?

I know I don't.

The day somebody has to "dumb themselves down" in order to talk to YOU, only then will you fully realize why things are the way they are.

Peace

edit on 2-11-2012 by Dan001 because: grammatical error

Well, this thread exploded unexpectedly.Thanks for all the insight. Dan..I chose your post to reply to, because I'm sure my OP gave the impression that I have an ego the size of the moon.
Iam fully aware that there are many people with a far higher intellect than myself. But the difference to me, is that I still seek knowledge, whereas it seems that a majority no longer do. If it doesn't immediately involve, work, family, or home life...or their fav TV show..they don't care. That to me..is stupid and crazy.I can't carry on a conversation with someone who constantly quotes Shows or movies or " I saw that on TV last week!" I remember once on these very boards..being told if I turned off the TV and gave my kids a book to read that I was making them "socially retarded". I see a lot of socially retarded people (and I despise using that term because I was raised to see it as derogatory)...and it's for a lack of reading and sitting in front of a zombie tube.
As for the member who posted that social media was the detrimental factor...I hope you see the irony of your post. Just sayin'.
edit on 2-11-2012 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Television virtual saviour,
it's a vision for all man kind,
They found a new drug that might just save ya,
Stops you thinking,
Well never mind.
This is the lyrics to a James song called stand.
Fitting I think!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
being a hermit has its advantages!
when i do go out,i try not to look those people in the eye!
try not to feed them,lest they start talking to you!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
Calling other people stupid or crazy does not mean it's true.

It also does nothing to display your own intelligence or sanity.

Perhaps you should look in the mirror and then tell us what makes you so smart?

But what the OP is saying is entirely true and something I have noticed for years as well. The average person cant even talk about anything but celebrities, gossip "news" and whatever crap they saw on TV, which is mostly brain dead "reality" tv.
The memory issues that some people here mentioned is very real as well. This is often seen in politics as well. By next election people have completely forgotten about the lies from last election and again believe whatever they promise this time, which is usually the same as last.

I dont see how you can even suggest that these people are smart.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

There is a problem with IQ tests.. It only tests one part of your cognition. There are plenty of people with very high IQ out there who are extremely naive and stupid in other areas.
High IQ does not always mean you are smart.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

If you do have to talk to them start talking about ATS style topics and watch their eyes glaze over,it's addictive.I do it often especially in the pub,safe in the knowledge they won't talk to me next time.
Mission accomplished!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
TV may be a bit to blame, but I put most of it on advertising! With a little nudging you can get someone to remember advertisements from years before. Can you imagine how much of this crap we have stored in our brains all for no reason at all! These companies are pushing the boundaries of our memory capacity by filling it with these advertisements of things that we do not need!

The govt has been pushing us to be dependent on them in so many ways it's pitiful, I could go on and on about that. You can lose your farm in Wisconsin if they catch you with fresh milk from your owns cows in the fridge. We are being taught in so many ways by our culture to not think for ourselves. It's a runaway train and in just a couple of generations from now, when the oil starts running out and global warming is hitting full force, our children will be totally helpless...

One can only hope that something will come along and kick us in the pants and light a fire under our /\SS while we still have a enough of a wherewithal to dig ourselves out of the mess.

My advise on all this, something that I work on every day is building up my fortitude. Keep your neighbors in check. Don't lose the opportunity to set someone straight when they are defending the status quo. Sometimes an idiot needs to be told he's an idiot in order to jump start the clear thinking process. Dont back down from the fight. All of the future generations are counting on us to pull together and be strong. We have to stop accepting anything less than the best. It's time to start promoting the truly great minds out there and elevating them into the positions of power. We have to take responsibility for our future an take the power away from those who abuse it!

Sorry, but this thread is in the rant section right?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Handy tip,see my above post!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cultureboxes
Maybe you're just boring. I hear this all the time. People being stupid. People being sheep. What are you doing but complaining? What makes everyone but you so stupid? Did you crawl out of a different hole than the rest? Wait. Do they have different opinions? Oh my. Then - you may be just like them!

(whispers) they all think they are so different and fun.

At least with that comment your proved that you are one of them.
Since when did the OP claim that everyone but her/him is stupid??

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would have to blame it on technology, not many people know how to sit down and have a conversation w/o whipping out an iphone or tablet. I'm not one to sit down and have a conversation either but that's simply because I just don't care what anyone has to say or maybe like you say, people are just dumbed down and I can't relate to them.

Peace.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Wheelindiehl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The blame could be put in many places. I'm guilty myself of falling into the trap of watching something that I'm sure reduced my brain activity by half, but that is usually because I feel I need a break from thinking too much and I don't want to think at all for a bit. Entertainment does have a purpose.
I think this might sum up a lot...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by abeverage

Honey boo boo.....the fast food of the televison world...

We are consuming empty calorie foods, while our brains are consuming empty calorie television....is all junk!!

I miss educational programing...

I use to have respect for the History Channel, now I have to wait for November 13th to see the "History of Mankind".....until then reruns of Pawn Stars and everyone from that show...with a show....

Garbage in Garbage out! I threw away the cable months and months ago nothing but junk worse then the Networks!

Nice avatar btw but I am betting your a dude! LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

ya i tried that! you know how many people do not know about haarp or cern! 99%!
its like talking to a wall! so i chose not to talk!
don't get me started on religion,because most people(99%!) have no idea about their own self proclaimed faith!
i always feel like i'm alone in a room full of people!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
It's not just me. I KNOW it's not just me. It's not just a matter of perspective.
There must be, has to be, ARE...more crazy stupid people in the world.
So what gives? Economic decline...overpopulation, GMO Foods, CIA mind control..solar flares frying brains...WHAT?
Sometimes I feel like I might as well ask a tree why the sky is blue and I'd get a more intellectual response.
It's all over the media in "entertainment" and I use that term loosely. It's in our reality with some we have to interact with on a daily basis. It wasn't always this way. You see it too, don't you?
It's driving ME crazy!
Doesn't anyone else feel like they have to dumb themselves down to talk to most people nowadays or else they look at you like you just vomited a quantum mechanical equation?

/Rant off
do you know that an intelligent mind breeds judgement which leads to delusion???

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join