Crazy, Stupid...People

page: 5
24
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


Denver22,

People are comfortable seeing such a narrow scope of reality...they don't want our sense of curiosity and wonder to shake up their world......... I think its a total waste of life never wanting to know anything.....

You were given a brain to set out and possibly explore the only lifetime spent on earth....even in the end if it amounts to nothing, how are you going to use it?.....




posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


That family, are some sloppy freakin' people....my God...

People love anything that makes people of the south stupid an uneducated.......I hate shows like that...always stereotyping...



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
Denver22,

People are comfortable seeing such a narrow scope of reality...they don't want our sense of curiosity and wonder to shake up their world......... I think its a total waste of life never wanting to know anything.....

You were given a brain to set out and possibly explore the only lifetime spent on earth....even in the end if it amounts to nothing, how are you going to use it?.....



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
People are comfortable seeing such a narrow scope of reality...they don't want our sense of curiosity and wonder to shake up their world......... I think its a total waste of life never wanting to know anything.....


Indeed. Hate to bring up politics, into this thread, but it seems to me if you ask a majority (



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yubiaden
 


I agree completely....

I do believe that how the family traditionally votes, influences the belief structure of many...but race, appearence is also a huge factor as well.....

I hear anchors say "he looks presidential" as if its an acting class...and subconsciously people take that in and base votes on Romneys perfect, plastic smile.....or Obamas articulate teleprompter reading skills.....all of it is for show...

No one can think for themselves when pundits are selling the candidate like the home shopping network..



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by yubiaden
 


I agree completely....

I do believe that how the family traditionally votes, influences the belief structure of many...but race, appearence is also a huge factor as well.....

I hear anchors say "he looks presidential" as if its an acting class...and subconsciously people take that in and base votes on Romneys perfect, plastic smile.....or Obamas articulate teleprompter reading skills.....all of it is for show...

No one can think for themselves when pundits are selling the candidate like the home shopping network..


As we say in the kitchen... HEARD. It's all about looks in good ol' America.

I even asked my Mom as a child, "Why don't we just elect a scientist as president?" (I meant someone who is renowned for being really smart).

I don't remember what she said. It doesn't really matter.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by abeverage
 



Lmao.....I forgot to mention about that......

Yeah I'm a guy......my names Mark btw, I only look like that on the weekends.....

JK.......lol


Sweet! It's Friday! Off topic but it is crazy and stupid so maybe not!



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by kat2684



Garbage in Garbage out! I threw away the cable months and months ago nothing but junk worse then the Networks!

Nice avatar btw but I am betting your a dude! LOL


Trust me she's all woman i should know lol


That was riffing off another thread using female avatars for stars and flags. Not that even care. I have been on the innerwebs a long, long, very long time, and unless I see some one IRL do I believe anything.
That is why I try to remain ambiguous.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


I'm so glad I don't have cable. I never watched it and only got annoyed at what was on tv. I watch everything online via Netflix or Amazon. It's cheaper and i find lots of great documentaries to watch.

I have friends who post all the time about the shows mentioned on their FB and I just want to scream. Another one I forgot to mention is Toddles And Tiara's, that show is horrible! Parents pushing their lost dreams on their child. It's a form of abuse if you ask me!

People wonder why society is the way it is. Look at what is considered "cool" or "in." Dressing like a slut is ok and being a teen and pregnant is ok (Teen Mom MTV). I read People the other day and it was going on about one of the teen moms and it was so annoying to see and read. This girl is trash, sorry nothing but trash. She is "famous" for being irresponsible? Since when does that kind of behavior get rewarded. Kids shouldn't be having kids and it sure as hell shouldn't be broadcasted on TV because it gives teens the wrong impression. I read that there was a pregnancy pack at a HS because they wanted to be on the next season of the show! I mean WTF! People wonder why bullying is so bad, look at shows like Bad Girls Club where fighting is allowed and even encouraged. Jersey Shore is another one, it shows nothing but irresponsible partying and trashy behavior. I saw a news show a while back that had TEEN girls in a mall waiting for Snookie. They were dressed like her!!! I couldn't believe these girls and what they were saying, let alone that their parents allowed it! I wasn't allowed to watch 90210 as a teen cause my mom felt it inappropriate.These girls were dressed just as sleazy as Snookie and saying how she is their role model and they love how she parties and they want to be like her. SAD!!! There are tons of shows where wild and inappropriate behavior is accepted or promiscuity is considered cool!

Also look at music, it's gotten WORSE! I remember when I was younger and 2 Live Crew were the bad boys of music and were banned in the USA. Now you have worse rappers with even worse lyrics and messages. I am amazed at what is edited in songs and what isnt' compared to when I was a teen. All rap songs talk about are bitches, hoes, strippers, drugs, being a thug, crime and money. I remember when rap actually had a message! Music has gone down the toilet as has tv. There is no real educated thought out there anymore and it shows in society and how people act.

Sorry for the rant within the rant
This topic just drives me nuts because I see it everywhere I go and it boggles my mind. I'm only 33 and can't believe how much things have changed in just 10yrs. I'm scared to see what it will be like 10yrs from now, heck even 5!



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Totally agreed.

Can be frustrating at times, but I think somehow that's how it's suppose to be. That the world will never truly wake up else you'll disrupt the order of things. Like a machine that just keeps devouring everything in front of it.

You can blame the media, war, politics. . whatever. . . it's always been this way. Since the dawn of time people have always been the slaves to their own desires. . . vanity, greed. . . empires have fallen because of it and still, all through history, no one has learned one damn thing.

People just keeping pushing in the same direction in search of the unattainable. The ultimate high, perpetual bliss. . . and society. . . well society sets the rules. Tells you'll attain it this way or that way when in reality it just fuels those desires. . . never truly quenches them.

So, I dunno, maybe I'm cynical. But I don't think it'll change any time soon.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


Now I know why your location says Mars!I often think I'm from another planet too.
You're lucky you don't have The Only Way Is Essex in America,I don't think you'd like it!
I had to sit through two girls in their early twenties getting all excited speaking about it last week in the pub.I felt like an o.a.p. & I'm only a dozen years older than these girls.Little things amuse little minds I suppose.
Needless to say it encouraged my binge drinking of jagermeister!



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684
 



P.S. I mean no offense either Kat about being a dude just joking. But seriously get rid of your $100plus a month crap re-runs. If you still need some TV I built an antenna for $5 yes I said 5! That looks great and gets the 35 channels in my area (which is very small metro area). And get a lot of learning from 4 PBS channels.I get the rest from online.

So far I have banked $700 from this past year cable free!



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage
 


I have build something similar, however mine cost me $7. Perhaps Ohm matching transformers are cheaper in your area.

This is where that one hour of television per month comes in for me- when I randomly say, "Hmm, what's on Public Broadcast?" and find there is an interesting one hour documentary about dolphin intelligence next week, that I can't find online. Noted to calender.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
You have been abducted by zeta reticulans love, where your
other avatar go lol..

Yes i am in my 30s and i hear you i do.. I think that ..hey put that other avatar up i feel like you
are going to abduct me and take me to your leader lol.jk...

Back on topic - i think people have just gotten lazy and seeing to much sh!t on the tv
Throughout the last so many years and it moulds alot of them into role model seekers
whether it be soaps/music/movies/to them it feels good being bad and morals are going too.

P.s thanks for the post that was nicely written ..
edit on 2-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yubiaden
reply to post by abeverage
 


I have build something similar, however mine cost me $7. Perhaps Ohm matching transformers are cheaper in your area.

This is where that one hour of television per month comes in for me- when I randomly say, "Hmm, what's on Public Broadcast?" and find there is an interesting one hour documentary about dolphin intelligence next week, that I can't find online. Noted to calender.


I stand corrected. I had many of the parts already including some coat hangers LOL but I think it was actually closer to $7



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I'm so glad I don't have cable. I never watched it and only got annoyed at what was on tv. I watch everything online via Netflix or Amazon. It's cheaper and i find lots of great documentaries to watch.

I think kat could take a leaf out of you're book and abeverage and downgrade in price with either
abeverages 5dollar aerial or your package.


I have friends who post all the time about the shows mentioned on their FB and I just want to scream. Another one I forgot to mention is Toddles And Tiara's, that show is horrible! Parents pushing their lost dreams on their child. It's a form of abuse if you ask me!
You got that right i would never do that to a child
let them do their own thing i say... just show them at least then let them decide..



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage
 


Haha, very well. Oh, and-


That looks great and gets the 35 channels in my area..


I can relate as long as others will agree that things that-


look like you would use for battle with Norse Vikings
(as a friend of mine has put it)

are things that look great.



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


Now I know why your location says Mars!I often think I'm from another planet too.
You're lucky you don't have The Only Way Is Essex in America,I don't think you'd like it!
I had to sit through two girls in their early twenties getting all excited speaking about it last week in the pub.I felt like an o.a.p. & I'm only a dozen years older than these girls.Little things amuse little minds I suppose.
Needless to say it encouraged my binge drinking of jagermeister!


Lmao the only way is essex in america they doo have that too essex over there..
they all look like tin tins in that series i can't stand crap like that..

bring back the A team or something , give me anything but this crap on tv.
..lmao
edit on 2-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22
 


You should have heard them about how great towie is,using their language etc- " well gel"(jealous).
Typical women though,the claws were still out even when discussing common interests.The one that stuck in my head was "you look like such & such from towie," found out such & such was the fat one.Another was "you have you have such a pretty face" i.e. your fat!
Meow!Passive aggressive much.The other one was that thick this went totally over her head,i wondered if she was doing it to watch me try keep a straight face.
The thickest one even looked like she was on the show,fake hair,massive fake eyelashes,orange look etc.
The situations that jagermiester gets me in!



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's the same ole crazy world. Communication has gone through the roof. It's like Grandma said 50 years ago. Bad things have always happened, we just have TV now so people just think it's worse. Trust me, humans have not changed and bad people are always going to be with us.





new topics
 
24
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join