It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama keeps gaining more and more electoral votes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yeah. Probably no one is going to comment on this Bain Capital information too.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I work for General Electric in Louisville, Ky. I see the thousands of people being hired. I see the products that once was made in China and Mexico being brought back to the United States to be made here by American workers, I see The millions being invested into these old buildings to be modernized. I see the billions being invested in new product lines across the nation and 15,000 people being put to work.

In Louisville alone GE has hired around 2500 and Ford has hired 1500, I see the housing market coming back here. Whats happening here hasn't happened in over ten years. GE alone has not hired like this since the 80s.

You want to take us back to 2008 now that we are getting through the tunnel ...

I see the recovery here ... You obviously bathe in that kool aid.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
The hospital I work at is under severe financial distress DIRECTLY due to Obama policies which he put into place in 2010. I haven't had raises, Doctors were forced to take a 30% pay cut, and we are way under water. Can't blame Bush, Obama directly did this.

They will always find some excuse to blame Bush for that too. If Obama wins again it will be a big step back in the economy. And the country will lose even more influence in the world.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've been looking at different electoral maps each day for a month or two.
They continually change. Sometimes Obama is way ahead and other times it's Romney.

The TRUTH is that the race in the swing states are way too close to be able to tell
who is going to win. Today Romney is up by 2 in Florida. A few weeks back Obama was.
Today Romney is up by 2 in Ohio. Last week Obama was. A few weeks before that Romney was.

The ONLY poll that will matter is next Tuesday.
Until then .. any celebrating by the O-Bots or Rom-Bots is way too premature.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Sorry, but one town in one state does not a nation make.

The more than 2.7 million jobs lost or displaced in all sectors include 662,100 jobs from 2008 to 2011 alone

www.epi.org...
We have record trade deficits with China right now. Bush screwed that one big time, Obama has carried the torch. Only one of us is drinking kool aid and thinks one town is indicative of an entire nation.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

What does your answer have to do with Obama saying the cost for medication was too high and he would allow the importation of cheap generic drugs from Canada, and then Obama making backroom deals with Big Pharm companies ensuring he would break his promise if they backed the ACA?

Instead, the drug industry will pay billions of dollars annually in new fees beginning in 2012, and brand-name drug makers will provide a 50 percent discount on prescriptions filled through the Medicare Part D coverage gap beginning in 2011. Such concessions will undoubtedly aid American consumers' pocketbooks -- perhaps even more than a new re-importation rule would have.

What does this have to do with the people who are only off the unemployment books because they quit looking for work, and are still not employed?

And just how many people is that? Oh that’s right its like Mitt Romney’s plan to save America, no one has the details so we will just pick a number at a later date.

What does this have to do with the fact MOST of the jobs gained under Obama have been low wage part time jobs?

A US President does not determine the wages or benefits provided by private industry.

How about you do some research and tell me what group has benefited under Obama. I don't think I mentioned Darden Foods, nice deflection and obfuscation. It won't work. Please answer my question, which had nothing to do with Darden Foods.

US Military; I’ve done pretty damned well and will have a nice fat retirement check in a few months. And yes, your statement does have something to do with Darden Foods. They are part of the scumbags that are using Obama’s policies as an excuse to cut back workers hours (but you knew that ‘cause you’re a thinker!). To me, any excuse to cut back hours is BS. Companies are simply looking for ways to improve profits at the workers expense.

ETA: How long does their waiver last for by the way? And why give a waiver at all unless it's an admission this is a hardship on businesses?

It supposed to end in 2014; I suspect that congress will approve an extension. It was originally meant to apply only to small busineses which honestly might have had a hardship initially. No idea why it was expanded. Don't really care, doesn't affect me one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I am sure there are other towns across the nation with similar stories, I am not naive enough to believe its only Louisville.

So where did those jobs go? No one seems to know.

But hey, China now has the largest middle class in the world.

HMMMMMM ....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

One country does not make a point for the whole country. And these are big companies. What about the smaller business?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Of course they have there 1 billion people there, and their parameters are diferent.

One question, have you ever been in China?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
The hospital I work at is under severe financial distress DIRECTLY due to Obama policies which he put into place in 2010. I haven't had raises, Doctors were forced to take a 30% pay cut, and we are way under water. Can't blame Bush, Obama directly did this.

They will always find some excuse to blame Bush for that too. If Obama wins again it will be a big step back in the economy. And the country will lose even more influence in the world.

They can try, but Bush had nothing to do with it. Obama did it in 2010 when he slashed reimbursements, and then flat out lied saying it would not affect level of care. That's like me telling people the landscaper will still mow their entire lawn, even though I am only going to reimburse them for half the lawn work they do. The contractor very quickly is going to
a) stop mowing anyones lawn (which we see all across the country with Dr. refusing new patients)
or
b) only mow the part of the lawn they are getting paid to do, which means a reduction in services.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Sam Wang from the Princeton University Election Consortium has the probability of an Obama win at 97%

This has been the case in past elections. In statistics this is called a “Bayesian prior,” as in prior assumption. Today, including that prior gives President Obama a win probability of 97%.

Source

Also keep in mind that Nate Silver and Sam Wang are not pundits, and their reputation is on the line.
edit on 10/31/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

I am sure there are other towns across the nation with similar stories, I am not naive enough to believe its only Louisville.

So where did those jobs go? No one seems to know.

But hey, China now has the largest middle class in the world.

HMMMMMM ....

You are relying on hearsay and what you wish to be true. I am telling you actual facts that can be verified. You tell me who should be believed. FACT, trade deficit with China is the highest it has ever been. FACT, Obama has created 125,000 NEW jobs since he took office.

What Obama did not say, however, was that the nation shed 4.3 million jobs during the early days of his term, and that the net gain since he took the oath of office in January 2009 is just 125,000 jobs.

www.cnn.com...

What we have is MILLIONS of good jobs gone, replaced by low wage part time jobs.
New jobs report shows growth, but in low-skill, part-time jobs

ETA: Middle class in China is $10,000 a year. Cost of living in China is comparable to the US. You think $10,000 is middle class?
edit on 31-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Sam Wang the Taiwanese star or the neurocientist?lol

If it's the neurocientist he does that as hobby and his metods are not the best ones for political polls.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
OP, I am still waiting for you to tell me who it is good news for if Obama really is winning? You seem to be having trouble answering that question. As long as your team is "winning" though right!?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
RAND

American Life Panel poll showing Obama leading Romney 49% to 45%

American Life Panel

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Sam Wang is a neuroscientist from Princeton University

link   
hey muse, since you are touting nate silver and sam wang's prediction so much. why don't you amuse us by putting money on Obama and taking a screen shot of it and posting it here?

Originally posted by muse7
Lets see how biased Nate Silver really is

Nate Silver gives Obama a 77% chance of Winning

BetFair gives Obama a 68% chance of winning

and..

InTrade Gives him a 64% chance of winning

yup! really skewed his numbers are! he must be a shill

link   
hey muse, since you are touting nate silver and sam wang's prediction so much. why don't you amuse us by putting money on Obama and taking a screen shot of it and posting it here?

Originally posted by muse7
Lets see how biased Nate Silver really is

Nate Silver gives Obama a 77% chance of Winning

BetFair gives Obama a 68% chance of winning

and..

InTrade Gives him a 64% chance of winning

yup! really skewed his numbers are! he must be a shill

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

American life panel? I will stay with Gallup.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Already got $5 on Obama

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join