It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think a ANY president could turn things around in America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Honestly I don't think that the problem is the President and getting a new one every 4 to 8 years is what the top wants people to believe in so the citizen can "feel" their opinion matters in the equation. You would think that Obama being black and or Muslim would do everything in his power to out the people who are keeping their boot on the neck of America like Big Oil, Big Auto, Big Pharm, and the like because he came from nothing. If I was in his shoes I would out everything that I could that would change things and still ride with the top down. Little do people know that Big Oil and Big Auto buy up technology that could potentially make the world "A solar planet" ie. almost every bit of energy we use could be harnessed from the Sun and renewables.

Back in the 70's and 80's when cars were gas hogs there were guys making cars get conservatively 50+ mpg and Big Auto and Oil would buy up the ideas and if the person refused to give it up they stole the idea and put someone elses name on it and patented it and called the creator a liar. This happens all the time. But if Obama was the guy he said he was he would out these people and let the citizens bathe in the reward. I mean even if he was killed for leaking this info he would go down in history and be remembered forever. Instead he is choosing to be the black guy that just messes things up more than the last guy. I had the highest hopes for Obama even though I knew he would never ever do the things he said he would do because he would be killed for doing them and if he did the things he said a lot of racial tension could have been solved. Now we will probably never have another non white male in the white house for decades because there will be so many people saying "We gave the black guy a shot and look at the mess he made"

Before anyone gives me heat for not liking Obama anymore and for those of you who thinks he was doing a good job. Name one thing that he has done for you that has made you feel more comfortable in the United States of America. I can't name one other than split up America so a black guy can get a chance. Don't act like it wasn't a White vs everyone else election in 2008. Just look at all the pandering that Obama did. Clinton was a good president and I would even let him be in office again. Just because he played around didn't mean he didn't do a hell of a lot of good for the world and America but if you ask anyone on the street who was in high school when he was in office no one would even remember him but you show a 7 year old a picture of Obama who has done nothing but play ping pong with the rest of the gov't the kid would call him a hero or a great president.

What happened to "Give me liberty or give me death"? What happened to people willing to die for the good team. The only people giving their lives for justice anymore are the soldiers and they just get spit on (literally my ex was spit on by a lady while she was in uniform because "soldiers are murderers") when they get back and then their benefits are cut once they "did their time" and get out.

But back to my point. I think the ONLY way for America to turn around is to have a president spill the beans then hope his people back him up. How corrupt is the top when the man selling hopes and dreams to Americans is just a puppet. I mean I understand a Potus coming out and saying "Hey this is how things work regardless of what you think" but come on he did all that talking and then nothing.

When he was running I was thinking to myself "I hope he isn't going to pull a Hitler" by that I mean take advantage of a country that is suffering by selling a brighter future only to put us farther behind.

So the question is. Do you think that a president could turn things around by himself? because no one in big gov't or the industries is going to back a free thinker.

I know I ramble. I have insomnia and haven't been to sleep in a while but I had to see what other people here really think about how a president can turn things around for us.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

There is no turning back for America or any other part of the world. What you are witnessing is the materialization of G-d's Will upon the world. There is no power in the universe that can augment that. The world is performing the parts allotted to them as it is written throughtout The Word.

From this point......................the world will begin to know HIM.

This may be hard to grasp..................but just give it time. HIS Will is perfect and HIS creation are appointed to come to the knowledge of the truth whether they want to or not.

There are no good presidents....................haven't been since Kennedy and he was murdered for wanting to expose 'them' and the agenda.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What we are seeing is about 300 years of planning starting to come to fruition. Not every single event mind you, but in the broad, yet fairly major point detailed scheme, we are on the horizon of a major event.

I like how we just condense all politics, ideals, thoughtforms, into one single solitary person. Not that the president isn't, arguably, the most powerful figurehead in the US, but all considered, we ignore the hundreds in congress and the senate, the president's staff pulling the strings for outside forces telling that one solitary figurehead what to say and do...

Our true problem isn't that we can't get away from the black and white, us vs. them fighting(while that is certainly a huge problem), it's that we can't see the country we live in is a nexus of lies, deceit and fabrication, not by a single individual, but by a generous group of people.

Even Ron Paul couldn't stop whatever it is that's coming. The election is simply social fodder.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We could elect Sandy, she really turned things around this week

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

In short, no but there's definately ones that could have made it less uncomfortable...one was Ron Paul, the other probably won't win because it's not going to be an easy crash, it's intended to be a hard freefall, that is the plan of TPTB.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

Why not just blow the whistle? I mean someone somewhere has to have the balls to call these people out. If I knew top secret info that could change the world for good I would out it and smile while they put me to death, I don't care. The saying is "Heros don't come home" No one seems to feel that pride anymore. America was created to be the back bone of global take over? I guess we will see.

And if America was the heart and brain so to speak of the TPTB then why would you piss off your arms and legs ie the citizens that do the heavy lifting. For instance the great pyramids were built using team work not one guy at the top shouting orders. There are probably 100-200 people worldwide that make up this top I think. What is 200 vs billions if you out them as lesser beings. To mean it goes against what it means to be alive goes against nature. Maybe that's why all the doom and gloom we need to get back to nature. In order for the new tree to sprout and grow the forest must burn first so the seedling has light

edit on 30-10-2012 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

For any person to remain uncorrupted and by the time they reached the level where they could become president is very difficult in our current system. And if they did manage to make it to that level without being bought and paid for, I don't believe they would be allowed to hold office. Or allowed to live very long if they somehow did make it into office.

If they somehow managed to get elected and not get taken out, I think they could enact real change. I know the president doesn't have the power to do everything, but simply having the leader of the country open the eyes of the people that only watch main stream news and are unaware of how corrupt everything has become - that could definitely spur major changes.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

USA has no morals anymore, just try to force yourself to watch t.v. for a whole evening. We deserve what we're going to get - we will reap what we have sown.

When half, or more, of our population just wants to cheat and collect - both welfare people and giant corporations - we stand no chance to sustain our "freedoms", or our "liberites".

We're just a bunch of criminals, stealing from eachother - lying criminals.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

If someone did out the corruption would the people even believe it. I mean look at what the gov't gets people to believe nowadays. John Smith gets elected. Smith outs the corrupt on publicly. 4 hours later "smith committed "suicide" and had mental illness" VP comes on to clear the air and cover the truth and say nothing to see here. PS reports will probably say Smith was high on pot and that's what caused his delirium haha.

What's sad is people will really believe this. I could understand people in the 1800's buying snake oil because they didn't know better but come on all the answers are a few clicks away but for some people that's too far. It's so sad.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'd have to imagine that either these people in control, these people who bend the world to their will, are

A-Somehow in complete control of all major facets of what we take to be reality, and can control those under at their will naturally

B-Use absolute fear to control information

C-The grand scheme is, in truth, the only acceptable outcome, thus acceptable to those in the know.

I don't know why nobody has blown that world wide wake up whistle. I have to assume many have, but have either been silenced or ignored.

What I do know is that the presidency, in modern times, is little more than a distraction and a scapegoat, and garners a million fold more attention than it's worth.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

People seem to forget what the role of the president is. He is the supposed to be the governments direct link to the people. He should speak about what the government is doing, to the people so they have to only look to one person for answers in stead of many. State of the Unions and what not. But now we look to him to be all the answers, in reality all we want from the potus is truth about whats going on and nothing more. I would love to be president. You wouldn't even have to pay me. I think that money is another big thing. I think that every acting member of government should only be paid what the average american income is for that year nothing more nothing less. Now people going into government for the money and not for being a government. The president should not be paid at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Do you truthfully believe that your elected official actually represents your interests?
Do you really believe that they are fighting for your concerns?

If so, you are truly fortunate.
And rare.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't mind paying politicians and paying them well. In theory they are supposed to work hard on our behalf and deserve to be rewarded for it. IMO the problem is that public service can become a lifetime career. POTUS is the worst in that regard. Four to eight years on the job and they are set for life.

How many of US can work four years and retire with a pension and full benefits for life?

Regarding the OP directly: I do not think that any POTUS can make a difference at all. They really lack not only the power to effect meaningful change - but also a motive to do so. Even if they are total outsiders to Washington, as Carter was, they quickly discover that to accomplish anything they have to kiss up to Congress - a den filled with career politicians who are jaded and flagrant about corruption. We have a system of of open bribery called "lobbying" that allows laws to be passed on behalf of those who can purchase them.

Thus, trying to change things via a POTUS is an illusion. We, as a people, have to demand a change to the system. Term limits not only for Congress, but for an entire political career... Something along the line of 24 years total in public service - in all offices. Period. We must also abolish lobbying, SuperPacs ( campaign finance - basically buying office ), and roll back Congressional "perks"... You want them to take the health care issue seriously? Make THEM ALL get whatever insurance options they provide us with. Having a bunch of people with 100% medical and dental decide whether or not we can see a doctor is simply ludicrous.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Sorry but the American public are fools. You think there is a difference between the two parties. THINK AGAIN. The same people control both parties. The federal reserve and the banks that control the federal reserve own the country. None of you even realize whats going on inside your own country and what the Federal reserve is doing to you. The Federal reserve is printing money out of thin air. About 40 billion a month and they are buying every mortgage document in the whole of the United States. If anyone of you have a Mortgage currently then the odds are that the federal reserve now owns your mortgage. They will soon own every mortgage on every peice of property, house, apartment, Commercial space, Shopping mall, Farm, Land everything in the entire US when they are done. 40 billion a month every month even toxic mortgages. They will soon hold the paper on everything. Get it. Ben Bernacke told you they were doing it.. They are doing it. You only have one way to get out of this and that is to vote but not for either one of the two party's. You have a third party. Its called the Green party.

By voteing for the Green Party you would be creating an obstacle against both other party's. Your vote would be a vote against big banks and big corporations and their rule against you. The people of America are running out of time and chances to put a stop to this freight train thats about to run over all of you. Wake up before its too late. Don't throw away this chance to send a clear message to the powers that be that enough is enough before its too late. Get it. I sure hope so. Otherwise it is all over.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's the one edge that only the Potus has. The ability to get Americans and further more the world to listen. All it would take is for old Barry to say is "I don't think that today's government will see us through the future in a prosperous way and it must be changed to level the field for a chance for EVERYONE to move forward one more step." and there would be no turning back. The people would demand it to be changed in millions once he grew the pair to say it. Like the joker said "madness is like gravity, all you need is a little push" the potus could push us into the madness to get the changes we needed. I'm not saying madness is a bad thing. the civil war was madness and it turned out all right.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I certainly don't think Romney and Ryan can turn things around when they stated they wanted to cut FEMA, what a blunder that is to the helping of one of the worst disasters in american history !

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Big money runs the show,

Not a man or woman.

If you honestly think the president can make the changes that this country needs, then you are fooling yourself.

Every single president got there because of money, mow he has to listen to the money.

Who do you think put Obama in the position to be heard in The first place?

It was money.

No money, no voice. Money and your voice has to serve the money.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

FEMA has a bad rap. Look at how they handle emergencies. I would rather spend that money funding national guardmens training so that at least we have an organized and orderly way of dealing with disasters instead of a group taking money in times of prosperous and then do nothing when something happens. As for Fema I say that make military OR college mandatory and take that money and train people that need the jobs and the training to better their future. Look at how many out of work people could be rallied up to help with disaster relief and could be funneled through "basic training" so that at least while you don't have a job you are taking part of something rather than sitting on their ass getting unemployment.. Just because you are in the military or you wear a uniform doesn't mean you signed up to be a killer. The problem is that there are way too many special interest groups trying to get money from uncle SAM. we need to start condensing these groups to effective and efficient units.

Maybe this is Romneys plan. Who knows anymore.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

It's not about how much you have... its what you do with it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by liejunkie01

It's not about how much you have... its what you do with it.

To be president it is exactly about how much you have.

what does the man that is going to be president raise these days. I believe it is in excess of 100 million. I would like to see someone with only a few million beat that. It is not going to happen. money= power= persuasion.

No one will listen to the broke man because he cannot afford to be on TV.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join