It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Trillion people affected, 13 Bajillion dollars in damage, Hurricane Sandy and media hype

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This touched me from a very special american in my life..

hey baby, I hope you
have been checking your emails since I can't communicate any other
way. I wanted to tell you that the wind is over, but the flooding is
severe. We spent the day getting as much stuff to out upstairs
baracading the doors to block water. When we got rescued by the guard
the water was starting to come in and we were waste deep in water.
Trees are toppled over, my home is ruined and the tide is going to
rise 8ft tonight. I'm gonna try and get home to assess the damage
tomarrow so far we have no power so I'm spending some battery life
letting you know whats the matter..

Using her last battery just to tell me this ..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What about the people who took shelter?? Then their shelter caught on fire and they cant be rescued because the fire department cant get to them because of flooding....??? And even if they could how do you put the fire out with no utilites?

What about the towns that are flooding because the dam was breeched and now thousands have to be evacuated???

What about the trees that blew over onto peoples homes and crushed them? They took shelter.
Do these people deserve to be taken out of the gene pool? Do those kids deserve to lose parents or vice versa?

Have compassion friend, its to soon to make this into a polarized cover up political conspiracy. I umderstand this is Ats but come on man this is a tragedy for our country.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Dang, that sounds rough ... No wonder you haven't slept. I am sure she is OK, hang in there bro

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I just want to say on behalf of some who have no electrical power to say it themselves...and at least one friend I'm hoping to hear from today outside NYC...your sentiments mean a lot. Thanks and I've caught many of your posts across the evening. It's been good to know folks outside the U.S. have their thoughts focused on people here making it through this.

No problem my friend after all we are all family with the same first language. We do care in the uk
You will be surprised how many do..

I am not going to sleep untill i know you guys get over the worst of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

My viewpoint:

It is a hurricane. If people need to be warned to take shelter and/or evacuate during a hurricane, then our gene pool might need cleansing.

My feeling is that people who make comments like this need to be taken out of the gene pool.

Part of the problem with the world today is people lacking compassion and caring. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

My viewpoint:

It is a hurricane. If people need to be warned to take shelter and/or evacuate during a hurricane, then our gene pool might need cleansing.

My feeling is that people who make comments like this need to be taken out of the gene pool.

Part of the problem with the world today is people lacking compassion and caring. Think about it.

I have compassion. And I care. Read the post I am referring to for context.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What about the people who took shelter?? Then their shelter caught on fire and they cant be rescued because the fire department cant get to them because of flooding....??? And even if they could how do you put the fire out with no utilites?

What about the towns that are flooding because the dam was breeched and now thousands have to be evacuated???

What about the trees that blew over onto peoples homes and crushed them? They took shelter.
Do these people deserve to be taken out of the gene pool? Do those kids deserve to lose parents or vice versa?

Have compassion friend, its to soon to make this into a polarized cover up political conspiracy. I umderstand this is Ats but come on man this is a tragedy for our country.

Read the post I am referring to for context.

For the love of God, people. Cut out the knee jerking.

The person said, "If it weren't for all the hype, how many would more would be dead?"

My answer: "If people need hype to be warned to take shelter (or evacuate), then they likely are candidates for Darwinsim". How long ago was Katrina? Do people really forget things so quickly? Who says, "Oh, theres a hurricane coming? Ho hum...."???? So it needs to be screamed in their faces over and over? To an extent that news about other things are forgotten while we watch Al Roker struggle to stay standing out in a hurricane?

It has nothing to do with compassion. It is a comment regarding the amount of press coverage and hype is dedicated to the storm, and how it displaces other news like Benghazigate and BBC sex xcandal.
edit on 30-10-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Dang, that sounds rough ... No wonder you haven't slept. I am sure she is OK, hang in there bro

Well i am going to stay up tonight and converse with you guys and listen
for updates about all you're towns city's etc and peoples well being.

Peace to you all my colonial cousins from accross the pond.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
ahhh....i see the problem.....

.....silly me. I was commenting in relation to the TOPIC. I was not aware that this thread had become a support thread/update thread.

Silly me for being topical.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan[/i

I have compassion. And I care. Read the post I am referring to for context.

I did my friend. Many people have never been exposed to hurricanes, so yes, they need warning. Prior to my being in some, I never knew what to expect. I was happy to be around other people that knew exactly what to do, because they came up with preparations I never would have thought of.

I fully admit due to my lack of knowledge on it, that it needed to spelled out to me.

I also know that it's not my right to say who lives or dies, and to say the gene pool needs cleansing is rather obtuse for this reason.

The person who said the quote you edited in was me. I grew up in the Chicago area, and while we certainly can have weather there, I in no way knew anything about what to expect when confronted with a hurricane. I did go through Katrina and Rita, and some other ones.

Just saying. And this thread has evolved into what it is, with people arguing against what it was intended for.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

My viewpoint:

yes elderly and children need to be warned, sorry for them getting in the way of evolution.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

That is a total fallacy. No one is saying who lives and dies here, except for they themselves.

Yes. It was obtuse. i tend to be that way. Not because of a lack of compassion, but because of a lack of social skills

I am was trying to discuss the topic: how the media tends to hype storms. The thread, apparently, is more a support thread for people grieving.

I don't live anywhere near a coast line. And I know that when a hurricane approaches, you take shelter, or evacuate. With how much the nation politicized katrina, I am incredulous at the thought that people don't know how dangerous a hurricane can be.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

My answer: "If people need hype to be warned to take shelter (or evacuate), then they likely are candidates for Darwinsim". How long ago was Katrina? Do people really forget things so quickly? Who says, "Oh, theres a hurricane coming? Ho hum...."???? So it needs to be screamed in their faces over and over? To an extent that news about other things are forgotten while we watch Al Roker struggle to stay standing out in a hurricane?

It has nothing to do with compassion. It is a comment regarding the amount of press coverage and hype is dedicated to the storm,

Listen my furry freind, people need to know and be updated constantly.. maybe people have
family without power and need updates on the condition of the storm or whether it has been
to their loved ones area how things are progressing etc...

Look we guys have family over there you know and would like to know and be updated etc for
god sakes sir/mam..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

My viewpoint:

yes elderly and children need to be warned, sorry for them getting in the way of evolution.

So because someone is old, you are saying that they are not intelligent enough to know that a hurricane can kill them? All those years on this earth, and they have never seen the damage of a hurricane?

And those children....they watch the news? So they will see the warnings? I guess their parents will not be there for them? So you have children running amok without parenting on the East Coast?

Your arguement is so full of pleas to emotion that I just cannot answer any part of it with seriousness.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So I guess hundreds of people in the water last night is just msm BS right?

Just another little storm, no biggie.

You people make me sick! If it were YOU in the water last night it wouldn't be "A little storm".

Thousands died during Katrina and you morons downplay that as some insignificant event not worthy of your compassion. Get over yourself. When something happens to you it will be a BIG DEAL.

Billions of dollars in damage might be a little storm to you, but that is because YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I understand you want updates.

So make an update thread.

Or use this one.

But when someone comes along and starts commening ON TOPIC it is your turn for understanding that you have hijacked a thread and others want to still comment ON TOPIC.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

edit on 30-10-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: nevermind. this is an emotionally filled room. extra DIV

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Maybe it was hype backlash. They saw how mainstream media inflates things (I assume it does, anyway-- I don't watch television except for pre-programmed sci-fi), and thus decided not to take this one seriously. It sucks that they ended up in a disaster.
I agree with the sentiment that this is far from being a little storm. I take it that the effects were sporadic, but really, one can do better than say, 'I can't see the storm from my house' or whatever.
edit on 30-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeZeus
British media is really bashing this storm , and it`s got nothing at all to do with us.

Just seen clips of a "transformer exploding" ....... looked like the "earthquake lights" in Japan , HAARP is feeding this thing , Obama will call off the elections soon.

Stop listening to Alex Jones.

Stop reading the crazy dome threads.

Fact.. today is Tuesday October 30th

Fact: The election is scheduled for November 6th

Fact: That is 7 days away

Have you ever been to the Northeast? I can tell you for a fact they have the best crews that I have seen anywhere in the US. If your gonna lose power, do it in the Northeast USA, cause these guys will get you up and running fast. Even the media in the fear induced hyped said to expect to be without power for 5 days. Do I need to do the simple math for you?

Also, there is 7 million without power. That's it, 7 million over 13 states. That is far cry away from the 60 million + the media was babbling about prior to the storm.

This election will not be cancelled.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay, I get it. It's a big storm. But we've had big storms before.

well, if it annoys you so much, maybe assign someone you trust the task of alerting you when a real news story comes on

then turn off all your devices - and tune out

don't worry beezzer - they'll probably stop covering this stuff when it becomes so common it's barely worth mentioning anymore

edit on 10/30/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: need to use real English

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join