It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Trillion people affected, 13 Bajillion dollars in damage, Hurricane Sandy and media hype

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
British media is really bashing this storm , and it`s got nothing at all to do with us.

Just seen clips of a "transformer exploding" ....... looked like the "earthquake lights" in Japan , HAARP is feeding this thing , Obama will call off the elections soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Gotta be HAARP, there were no natural disasters/phenomena before its creation. It's purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wow that is a lot of homes to be lost. So sad... But the title says over 12 homes and the story says at least 50. Which is right? I hope it is the story that is wrong. Even 12 homes is a lot of destroyed lives that have to be picked up and started over.

Firefighters battle blaze involving over a dozen houses in flooded NYC neighborhood

Officials are estimating at least 50 homes have been destroyed as a fire ravages a flooded neighborhood in the New York City borough of Queens.

The New York Fire Department tells WABC the six-alarm fire had destroyed 50 plus homes in the Breezy Point section, and a fire department spokesman says nearly 200 firefighters are currently fighting the blaze.

edit on 30-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

hmmm, trick question but i'll bite ... usually, can't you?
if i fail, i have a dozen felines and a plethora of fowl nearby to clue me in.
the winds are always telling, if you listen.
even the ground will moan, if you stop to hear it.

am i correct in such a prediction ?
usually enough to save my arse and those i love (at least for 1/2 century now) and, if all else fails, i have both an emergency radio and a direct connection with my local EOC, what more is necessary?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
12 pages ... I'm not reading it all ....
Question .. still think it's all 'hype' Beezzer??

The eye of Frankenstorm passed directly over us (Wilmington DE) at 11:00 PM last night. The storm is still going on (Tue 5:45 am). Our power went off and on about 6 or 7 times and I heard a transformer explode last night at 1:30 am (you can't miss it when they explode!!). It's a miracle that we have power.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Indeed... Light is breaking and we'll know soon enough. Another member is talking about damage in Ohio, of all places. Even if that's the most extreme tip of Easternmost Ohio...thats incredible for inland issues.. It's a beast!

I've also had the TV off for a couple days now. I don't GO by media. I've had alternate emergency dispatch centers playing in the background to listen to, on and off, since getting home from school last night. Radioreference.com is a wonderful resource and they were reporting fires out of control and out of REACH due to the flooring and extensive roadway damages everywhere. NYC didn't miss it this time, and they didn't even get the worst of it.

I got a bad feeling..... People made fun of Katrina ....AT first... then the scale became clear. This one is starting real bad for sign.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

* By the way.... I heard two different calls over the NYPD city-wide for residents trapped in attics with rising water. Never did catch the follow-ups in the mess of calls every which way...but I heard the calls out to initial dispatch of units to go. This ain't a game...by any stretch.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In Louisville, Ky which is around 700 miles away from the eye we are under a wind advisory ...

SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 TO 39 MPH OR WIND GUSTS FROM 40 TO 57 MPH ARE EXPECTED.

Wave 3 News

Needless, to say is pretty windy here and is caused directly by Sandy. We get remnants of hurricanes that come up from the gulf, like Katrina as thunderstorms days later. But strong wind gusts on the same day is amazing ...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Breaking News

^^ That is showing an advisory in Kentucky of possible 1-2 inches of snowfall per hour. This is amazing... Everything East of the Mississippi and North of I-40 seems to be set for some form of a real bad day.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Am just thankful it was only a category 1 the size of this thing is monstrous ...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
We should be getting rain from Sandy later today and the wind is supposed to increase ...

This one is a beast ...

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That is showing an advisory in Kentucky of possible 1-2 inches of snowfall per hour. This is amazing... Everything East of the Mississippi and North of I-40 seems to be set for some form of a real bad day.

Think the blue areas on this map is the snow ... hope it don't drift to the center of that map, hahaha
edit on 30-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What do U think would happen when the New Madrid fault in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi (((((activates))))) setting off the Ramapo))))) fault in NY, NJ and PA?
Some geologists are concerned they will join together and split the US in half.

Not too many crickets on the topic.
chirp!.....Chirp?
Or munCHy ?

edit on 30-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Looks like you're having to eat crow just like another regular ATS member here that had to eat his words earlier.Already things are devastating and with one more day to go--and the domino effect--things can only get worse.

Read THIS thread if you still hold that opinion: Hurricane Sandy:Live Coverage By ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
dont , dont, dont, believe the hype!!!!!!!

www.wave3.com...

www.federalnewsradio.com...

news.ninemsn.com.au...

there is alot more going on in America right now than this storm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think given shocking damage and number of deaths in the wake of this truly devastating Super-storm it is possible the media are under reporting the ruins left because they are still hunkering down and in hiding.

Perhaps it is well past time to relegate this "kind of nutty" thread to the HOAX section where it more appropriately belongs out of respect for the dead and protection of innocent by standers in the path of Sandy, who might heed this shockingly ill informed and inaccurate message.

I am truly fearful and awaiting news of my own family in NY who have lost power and all communication. This kind of reporting is not only unbelievable but quite uncharacteristic and truly surprising coming from source.

edit on 30-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Define Hype? There are people out there as we speak..right NOW...injured, dead and/or being rescued. Many more, no one can even get to and that can be heard by anyone at radioreference.com . That site connects into virtually any Emergency dispatch center in North America, including everything in the NYC and Mid Atlantic region.

Hype? 80 dead is the number one member is saying for NYC alone and I personally heard calls last night of people trapped in attics with rising water. Who knows what happened to them...I never heard followups.
That train derailment was yesterday and it's over. I really can't find the place to care about the zombie wargame B.S. in San Diego...and at least 5 nuke plants went offline before dawn. No idea what it's at now but 26 were to be impacted at some level but this storm.

It's not hype. This is a true disaster across 7 states and counting.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777
reply to post by beezzer

Looks like you're having to eat crow just like another regular ATS member here that had to eat his words earlier.Already things are devastating and with one more day to go--and the domino effect--things can only get worse.

Read THIS thread if you still hold that opinion: Hurricane Sandy:Live Coverage By ATS

Hey, people make mistakes. Beezer shouldn't have to eat crow...that's really just a rude thing to say. If anything Beezer might have been right about one thing, that being the "bajillion dollars in damage," in the title.....

It seems hype was appropriate in this situation or as far as people being affected. It does make me wonder how many more deaths there might have been if this wasn't hyped.

I want to add one more thought....I can also only hope that people who were in the path of this storm, and who glommed onto a thread like this (other members), didn't prepare, get to a safer places, etc...just because of what Beezer said. Those are the people that will need to be answered to.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I subscribe to Mitchell Coombes on Facebook. Last night very briefly I might add, he posted a very interesting post about we here in America have all been dooped. That Sandy was just a cover-up for a nasty virus origionating from a train derailment. People were saying that it reminded them of the movie Contagion. People were posting links to the story. I figured I'd just look at it tomorrow. That was a mistake! The story was taken down and I can't access his facebook page now! When I google it, nothing shows up! Michell's post must have been the catalyst for the internet cover up.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi there, well as a UK citizen, I can only watch the news and hope the truth is being told...however, I did watch a few live cams in New York and in particular, one by Lake Erie looked horrendous.

I suppose, only you people living there can tell how bad it is, although I just saw the news headlines on the BBC saying major disaster area www.bbc.co.uk...

....Also, have to add, that I have been in discussions all weekend with a client via Whatsapp (free mobile sms app) and suddenly she isnt reading her messages since last night, she is in Pennsylvania.

Have a friend on Facebook who says she is so scared she is going down to the basement until tomorrow, and she lives a fair way from New York.

All I can say is, it looks bad, it sounds bad, and I hope friends, family ATS members et al stay safe.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Urbanshadow because: Typo

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Im a lurker more than poster but I just wanna add that here in michigan the power is out to half my town. You would not believe the wind, its been going since last night.

The ice/rain/snow mix is horendous right now. So this is almost worst then what we around here thought as no one expected we would be dealing with it. I would prefer an over hyped storm versus what those poor people have experinced. Thoughts and prayers to all. May you stay safe and out of harms way.

Unfortunatly beezer it appears you were wrong. I wish you were right

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The reason it's such a big deal is because New York is a major economic area, and also as I far as I know New Jersey is a major manufacturing area. I have customers on the West Coast that need parts that only suppliers in the NJ and NY area make and I can't get them, NY + NJ are filled with subway systems which are now flooded, they are below sea level so there will be no receding water, they will have to pump it all out. That is the main mode of transportation in NY, besides cabs which as far as I know don't have "hover craft" mode, New Orleans has a population of about 360k people...New York 19 million, New Jersey 8 million. As far as I'm concerned, the U.S. needs these two areas to be operational 365 days a year, I do not fear monger but I'm tired of hearing that this storm is no big deal.

Sorry, New York CITY only has a population of 8-9 million.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Wheelindiehl because: correction

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join