It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Trillion people affected, 13 Bajillion dollars in damage, Hurricane Sandy and media hype

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by denver22

i appreciate your contribution but we're not discussing 9/11 (especially since they had months advance warning yet allowed over 3000 and counting to die, UNnecessarily), we're discussing forewarning vs fear-mongering.
there is a solid difference between the two and how a potential threat is presented.

no one, including me has been downplaying the potential of this storm, but plenty of us are down with the msm perpetuating end time scenarios and fear fantasizing merely to spur sales/ratings more than anything else and in whatever manner they can git'r'dun.

never forgetting the possibility that this particular storm may be a direct result of their own weather manipulations.

I am sorry without the likes of media etc meterologists we/ you/ i/ will have had no knowledge
of the said storm .. That is my argument here my friend ..

Peace...

edit on 30-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Actually The Weather Channel pumps up the fear level as well. I personally do not consider them to be the authority or the go to for these types of situations.

I have posted this info before, and I will post it again and this time I hope people actually listen to my advise instead of assuming I am talking down to them...

I rely on Weather Underground. This site is my bible for hurricanes. The data is always there, far more accurate than the talking heads on The Weather Channel. Just choose the storm you want info on, click the button that says "discussion" and read the data for yourself. When I say this site is my bible, I have literally put my life in the hands of the information this site provides- and clearly I am still here, have never been injured, and have been shown to be correct in my assessments of these situations. I am not a "know it all", I am not a prophet, I am not an expert. I do however trust the experts and not the entertainers who are looking for ratings.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Great Site.

Bookmarked.

And Yes,the weather channel is hype also.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by sonnny1

Actually The Weather Channel pumps up the fear level as well. I personally do not consider them to be the authority or the go to for these types of situations.

I have posted this info before, and I will post it again and this time I hope people actually listen to my advise instead of assuming I am talking down to them...

I rely on Weather Underground. This site is my bible for hurricanes. The data is always there, far more accurate than the talking heads on The Weather Channel. Just choose the storm you want info on, click the button that says "discussion" and read the data for yourself. When I say this site is my bible, I have literally put my life in the hands of the information this site provides- and clearly I am still here, have never been injured, and have been shown to be correct in my assessments of these situations. I am not a "know it all", I am not a prophet, I am not an expert. I do however trust the experts and not the entertainers who are looking for ratings.
Courtesy of meterologists and the internet is classed as media too.
I trust the experts too my friend

However not everybody is like you or i and the best way to spread the word is by TV radio
etc..
edit on 30-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I am sorry without the likes of media etc meterologists we/ you/ i/ will have had no knowledge

Peace...
no argument needed, i can respect your opinion.
can you respect mine in disagreement ?

ppl know when storms are coming.
animals know when storms are coming and have for a time long before meteorologists existed.
sure, the mangnitude is a point, however, before 30yrs of weather manipulation, we never endured storms like this before.

point is, just because we have meteorology and persons reporting these events (which is a good thing), it doesn't justify the level of fear being delivered.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi beezzer,

Loved your post! Thank you!

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Peace...
no argument needed, i can respect your opinion.
can you respect mine in disagreement ?

ppl know when storms are coming.
animals know when storms are coming and have for a time long before meteorologists existed.
sure, the mangnitude is a point, however, before 30yrs of weather manipulation, we never endured storms like this before.

point is, just because we have meteorology and persons reporting these events (which is a good thing), it doesn't justify the level of fear being delivered.
My friend i hear you however not everyone has this ability to predict weather months
in advance and the only way is to use the media i.e radio tv internet social networks etc..

Forewarned is forearmed..

Just my english pounds worth..

Peace.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Hi bloodreviara,

I would watch a "real" news program. I have not watched the news for at least a good 10 years now.

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

not everyone has this ability to predict weather months in advance
apparently, neither do the meteorologists

are you aware a group of HAM operators simulated a storm scenario in 1997 for a drill that nearly replicates this one and even named it the same too ? ... Sandy

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

are you aware a group of HAM operators simulated a storm scenario in 1997 for a drill that nearly replicates this one and even named it the same too ? ... Sandy

Well they got this one right and it's better to be forewarned and forearmed

better to be safe than sorry .

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

If we all had the ability to predict the weather months years in advance meaning us all
then i would be inclined to believe we don't need the weather advice doctors.

However lifes not that simple and we need the media to tell us these things for example
Updates warnings on the current events.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Also we need the experts in the field to warn us and i don't care how loud they could shout
while standing on a mountain...

We need the "experts" to tell us not so experts what's what by using the "media"
To broadcast this danger for all the world to see - hear etc..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

never once disagreed the media available today was a good thing or the meteorologists for that matter but you are deflecting and that's not nice. if you don't wish to converse, fine ... please don't pretend this conversation or thread is about information/forwarnings being bad, that's misleading.

media hype and forewarnings are not synonymous and you seem bright enough to know that.
so what's with the deflection ?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by Honor93

Also we need the experts in the field to warn us and i don't care how loud they could shout

We need the "experts" to tell us not so experts what's what by using the "media"
hahahaha, yeah, ok ... you can have the 'experts'
... over the years, about the only thing they've proven themselves expert at is screwing up but you feel free to follow their lead all you want, deal ?
edit on 30-10-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Not everyone is skilled in meterorology my freind tell me without media
how do you personally know what where the storm would come or hit please tell me?.

You're right! The media has a responsibility to report the event.

Not to sell it.

I was watching the CNN coverage yesterday and I was almost waiting for hurricane sandy to come with its own corporate endorsement. The way it was being described as the Halloween hurricane, the Frankenstein hurricane. Brought to you in association with Heinze baked beans. The windiest bean on the market. From the CNN reports the anchors were almost concerned people weren't buying into their brand of hype.

I'm sure it is awful for those effected by the storms, but the American media coverage is way too dramatic. It's the same here in the UK when the BBC gets its knickers in a spin over an inch of snow.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

... over the years, about the only thing they've proven themselves expert at is screwing up but you feel free to follow their lead all you want, deal ?

Question my friend......can you predict the next storm yourself ?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

never once disagreed the media available today was a good thing or the meteorologists for that matter but you are deflecting and that's not nice. if you don't wish to converse, fine ... please don't pretend this conversation or thread is about information/forwarnings being bad, that's misleading.

media hype and forewarnings are not synonymous and you seem bright enough to know that.
so what's with the deflection ?

No deflection, i am just saying we need the media to get the message accross like them or not

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Tell me without radio tv internet how do you know personally what's going on i mean can you
predict the next storm ?

Yeah the media screws up and i am sure you or i have too however we need them
Sir/mam.

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It`s a bit premature to be calling this the storm of the century, there`s still 88 years left in this century and i`m sure we will see a bigger storm than this before those 88 years have past.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Maybe it was a century storm a century ago lol. Now these things are events are starting to be normal.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join