It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
DO NOT CONSUME WATER FROM ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN WATER YOU HAVE FROM BEFORE THE STORM. FUEL IN WATER.

FUEL IN WATER, FUEL IN WATER.

WATER HAS BEEN MIXED NOW WITH SEWER AND FUEL.

YOU WILL GET VERY SICK IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BOIL THIS TYPE OF WATER AND CONSUME IT

Sealed containers only.

Sea water, sewage and all sorts of contaminants are now in the water distribution system

IF your water does still pour, DO NOT DRINK IT. DO NOT BOIL IT AND DRINK IT.

No matter what your pal or dad or neighbor says.

Sea water alone can make you sick

IF you get some sewage in your water and consume it, you will get a bad stomach and be peeing through your bum, you will get very dehydrated.

Be careful what you have touched, then put hand to mouth.

Dont panic, fresh potable water is on its way.

That said, sip dont guzzle.

I know its easy to guzzle when your under stress, just take it easy on your water.

Water is a must, eating can wait, drinking can not.
edit on 29-10-2012 by morethanyou because: do u think im stoopid?

edit on 29-10-2012 by morethanyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by morethanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by JacKatMtn

To be sure... I am just thinking ahead to tomorrow and the following days.

Reports are saying that there is an evacuation in progress at NYU hospital.
edit on 10/29/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Yes, backup generators have all failed... They are literally carrying NICU and PICU patients down 9 floors...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OOOOPPPPSSSS!

Could be serious?!!

America's oldest nuclear power plant is on alert after waters reached high levels. Oyster Creek in Lacey Township, New Jersey, was already offline for maintenance but declared "an unusual event" after storm waters increased. Two hours later, at 9pm ET, an "alert" was issued, the second-lowest in a four-tiered warning system. Officials say the water is likely to recede in a couple of hours.

Nuke plant

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Don't know if is just an update, but this story just popped up on CBS

NJ Nuclear Plant On Alert

ETA Damn your faster fingers RubberDuck!!!
edit on 29-10-2012 by FlyingSorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702
reply to post by intrptr

It's just fancy software. Notice how when you zoom, you lose focus. It's the webpage just allowing you to zoom and move around the larger picture, just like it can do with a jpg.

TY for that. Here I thought I was controlling it. What a control freak I must be. Times square seems pretty quiet. Interested in any other live cams that people have going on...

Some pics people are showing are amazing. I live on the west coast. Todays weather was warm and still. Unusual for this time of year. Earthquake and Tsunami stuff yesterday was insignificant compared to the weather you guys get back east.

"Remember, its not that the wind is blowin'...
it's what the wind is blowin'.
If you get hit with a Volvo..." ---Ron Satterwhite

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
ALERT AT OYSTER CREEK NUCLEAR PLANT NJ.

Also:
Confirmed:
NYU hospital NICU and PICU being evacuated as power down and back-up generators failed.

Unconfirmed:
Bellevue has 2 hours of back-up power left.

Coney island hospital third floor fire, NYFD unable to get there because of floodwater.

Horrifying.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Hefficide

To be sure... I am just thinking ahead to tomorrow and the following days.

Reports are saying that there is an evacuation in progress at NYU hospital.
edit on 10/29/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Yes, backup generators have all failed... They are literally carrying NICU and PICU patients down 9 floors...

I'm Listening now. I swear the FDNY are super human. These guys don't back down from anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
update from northeastern pa again- I just stepped outside for a minute, the rain has stopped here but still high winds. So far so good with power.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Im in montreal and , nothing but some strongish winds... but the radar seems to be pushing some yellow my way...keed u posted when it hits

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All my neighbors are dealing with the same 3-4 inches of water in the basement. (We're all linked via text).

#baltimore

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
DO NOT CONSUME WATER IN LONG BEACH - it's been contaminated. Do NOT try and boil it either, do not brush your teeth.

Get bottled water. This is what the reporters are now saying.

abclocal.go.com...

I wouldnt drink the water in long beach on a good night.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa

I believe he meant he was hoping it was not a nuke plant.
That's the way I read it.

Cool.. my bad, I thought Con Ed just distributed electricity and was out of the generation business.. hence the confusion..

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tegz_1
Im in montreal and , nothing but some strongish winds... but the radar seems to be pushing some yellow my way...keed u posted when it hits

Grab your VISA and get down to NYC area for tomorrow, people will need help.

Canadian military are getting the water makers ready as we speak.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Was just watching some old Katrina footage. Thank God this was only a Cat1, and with the size of Sandy and the other Weather Patterns feeding it, this could of been much worse.

I hope everyone stays clear of the standing Water considering the downed power lines and I hope when day breaks everything that is needed will be provided. Looking at those old videos of Katrina I highly doubt it. Hope all is well with you and your family!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I can't believe that ATS Forum would be serving distracting ZEDO.com pop-up commercials in an important thread like this! It's sad to see ATS succumb to the "money above life" greed that's leading to the world's overall deminse.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
CONFIRMED:

Dispatcher on scanner just confirmed a fuel leak contaminated water supply. Brooklyn.
DRINK ONLY BOTTLED WATER, boiling won't help..

Electrical fire in the area too, no fatalities.

These guys and girls are doing some seriously hard work under extreme conditions.
Utmost respect!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
To give everyone an idea of what Oyster Creek plant looks like... The little river spiraling around can probably be flooded quite easily... The plant probably doesn't stand a chance against the surge

The plant is 40 miles north of Atlantic City
edit on 29-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i dont know much about weather patterns but the storm comming in on the west coast looks like its gonna dissipate the sandy storm.... buuuuut what comming from the north doesnt look good

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I feel so bad for the poor people being transported out of hospitals. Pretty scary. I'm nervous about the nucleur power plants too. And all those people who can't drink the water even if they boil it. I wonder how many people really planned ahead and have safe water to drink? And all the rats being spoken of in New York. Deaths being reported...Yikes!

This is quite the nightmare.
My thoughts and prayers are with all the people who may need them right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
To give everyone an idea of what Oyster Creek plant looks like... The little river spiraling around can probably be flooded quite easily... The plant probably doesn't stand a chance against the surge

The plant is 40 miles north of Atlantic City
edit on 29-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Pray this is not another Fukushima. Kudos to all that are trying help on this thread.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join