It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Be smart and think ahead. You may be without power for days NY. Keep blankets dry. Food,shelter and battery power for phones will be most important for the next few days.Don't keep opening the fridge or freezer!

In the morning when you go out scouting around the area be safe and don't trek to far from your home. Those who don't have essentials will start to freak out and will go into survival of the fittest mode.

I was without power for a week after Hurricane Ivan and it was like Mad Max in my neighborhood after 2 days.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Okay, they are saying the NYSE is NOT taking on water. It was unconfirmed and now it's confirmed that it isn't flooding. For now, anyway...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
According to a reporter on TWC, NYSE is high and dry...for now.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Prayers and thoughts go out to all involved and hope Time proves to be a Friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Stay as safe as you can everyone who is effected and come out whole the other side of the storm ... thinking of you.

Woody )O(

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
From The Peoples Republic of Takoma Park. Windy as hell,rain going sideways. Was out during the day and it was just another windy rainy fall day.Not so much now,gusts are very strong and I pray for the continued health and well being of my neighbors huge decrepit poplar that hangs over my house.My real worry though is Chincoteague.The causeway has been closed several times today and the pictures posted at Chincoteague.com on facebook show overall flooding.I know the woman who owns the Viking and her part of Ridge Road was under water earlier today.I am worried about a tree,y'all are worried about a day of work,4000+ people are trying to find their hip waders so they can get family picture ect to the second floor,if they have one.Media here shows washed out boardwalks and giant waves at Rehobeth Beach. I have to agree with several posts here.The Media sometimes blow stuff way up,but not this time.High winds,leaves still on the trees and tons of rain=lots of miserable people.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
check out the camera shake in Times Square - aws1.earthcam.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
ConEd explosion caught on camera... this will explain a lot of the bright lights seen by so many (goes boom at about 18 seconds in)

EDIT TO ADD: I am sure that is just lens flare (to the top right of the explosion) before anyone crys HAARP

edit on 29-10-2012 by FlyingSorcerer because: eta time of boom

edit on 29-10-2012 by FlyingSorcerer because: adding about lens flare

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Update

My basement now has ankle deep water throughout. Winds are giving a good beating up top.

downtown #baltimore

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ground Zero!

You have to scroll, sorry.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm just sitting in the window watching now. Not much left to do at this point. I have a crank radio which I haven't bothered to touch. Enough suppors and candles. Now it's even more of a waiting game until morning.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I'm just sitting in the window watching now. Not much left to do at this point. I have a crank radio which I haven't bothered to touch. Enough suppors and candles. Now it's even more of a waiting game until morning.

Better sleep now. Tomorrow will be a long day.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just received a text from friends in Bowie, MD.

They said it is bad, very, very bad.

Sent text back but havent received a reply.

Stay safe all out there! Prayers for all!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
they just lit the building red and blue???? me thinks wtf???

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I wish I could sleep too

I even tried Sleepytime Tea.

But, the wind and house shaking won't stop, and my phone keeps ringing and texts keep coming in from family and friends. Of course I initiated some of those checking on people. Our power keeps blinking off for a few moments, so waiting for it to go down. My brother is having a fit because shingles blew off his house and hit his car. Boss called to say she does not have power and I might need to post the closed notice on the news site tomorrow, because I'm one of the few left with power. My parents don't have power. etc. etc. But all-in-all, every one of our issues can't compare to what is going on in NJ and NY. I feel so much for what those people must be going through... that it has curbed my anxiety here.

link   

Originally posted by facedye
the stranges thing, however, is the teal colored bright as day lightning that flashes every couple of seconds, without noise o_o i'll keep you guys updated if it keeps happening. i have no way of capturing it, but anybody else in NY, can you guys confirm this for me? i swear i keep seeing the brightest flashes with NO noise whatsoever. what-is-happening?

It's likely that you are seeing the flashes from transformers as they blow.

Edit to add: I just saw one go up in full view of a live web-cam (this one here)

Edit to add: FlyingSorcerer posted the footage here. I saw the footage on my partner's laptop, and thought it was a live webcam, as she had mentioned one a little earlier.

Here's the embed:

edit on 29-10-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by AnonLover
they just lit the building red and blue???? me thinks wtf???

Explain please?

Who did?

What building?

link   

Originally posted by thor1066
.My real worry though is Chincoteague.The causeway has been closed several times today and the pictures posted at Chincoteague.com on facebook show overall flooding.

I hope the horses are ok. Do they all drown and die when the island floods?n

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
check out the camera shake in Times Square - aws1.earthcam.com...

Wow. Thanks for the link. You can hear the wind buffeting it too (right now). Am I really controlling that camera or just manipulating software to tilt, pan and zoom?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
10 confirmed deaths

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join