It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that 911 in NYC is getting 10,000 911 calls every 30 mins.

Cars now blocking access routes for fire/rescue

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
After 3 days of rain and now the wind I am taking in rain leaking down into my apartment from the upstairs apartment coming in directly over there back windows into my apartment. No one lives up there and I'm guessing
the windows up there can't handle the rain. This didn't start until the winds picked up. Also about an hour ago something hit the side of this building and rolled off of the roof. I have no idea what it was. I live in Niagara Falls we have enough water here don't need anymore. One good thing the Niagara won't over flow because of the falls, don't have to worry about flooding. Just worry about everything else.

I still want to know what hit this building and rolled off of the roof, I guess I'll find out tomorrow, maybe.

link   
I had been watching a local site which was giving regular updates on downed wires, trees down, roofs blowing off, and tons of wind damage.

I guess they gave up keeping up, because this was their latest post:

10:27 p.m.
Reports are too numerous to track at this hour for wires down and trees into homes and cars across the region.

link   
My sister lives in Conshohoken, PA, very near Philadelphia, and we have been text messaging. She told me the power JUST went out for them.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
reply to post by Night Star

Are you along the coast?

I heard quite a few places are out of power.

My husband was down in Wickford helping a friend who owns a building.
He came back drenched. I asked him to get pics but he didn't want his phone getting wet.

At least my baby is a bit older this time - last year sucked because she was only 3 months old when we had last years storm.

I'm safe where I am, not on the coast. I don't hear the wind anymore, seems to have calmed down, but it's too dark out to see anything. I know, a lot of Rhode Islanders are without power. We just had power flicker a few times throughout the day. Yeah, I bet it's rough in Wickford.

link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I wish I could sleep too

I even tried Sleepytime Tea.

But, the wind and house shaking won't stop, and my phone keeps ringing and texts keep coming in from family and friends. Of course I initiated some of those checking on people. Our power keeps blinking off for a few moments, so waiting for it to go down. My brother is having a fit because shingles blew off his house and hit his car. Boss called to say she does not have power and I might need to post the closed notice on the news site tomorrow, because I'm one of the few left with power. My parents don't have power. etc. etc. But all-in-all, every one of our issues can't compare to what is going on in NJ and NY. I feel so much for what those people must be going through... that it has curbed my anxiety here.

Hang in there BlueAjah. Clear heads prevail in situations like this.

link   
Not going to keep posting, just want to say stay safe, and big love from Blighty.

xx

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
abclocal.go.com...

A firefighter has just died.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It's just fancy software. Notice how when you zoom, you lose focus. It's the webpage just allowing you to zoom and move around the larger picture, just like it can do with a jpg.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't think I've seen this footage posted yet.

9:40 p.m.: Dramatic video of the facade of Manhattan building being ripped off (skip to about 45 seconds in)

Source: click here

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
NYPD seem to be working from under water and the rising isnt close to stopping

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

Fill water jugs to drink,fill your bathtub to flush the toilet using a bucket to dip it out.

Grab any sleeping bags you have,comforters or whatever,so you can coccoon up grandma if the power goes out.

Drag her bed into a hallway near the center of the house and close the doors to all the rooms in case the windows blow out.

This isn't such a big deal unless you keep panicking like it sounds you are from your post.

Calm down.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dispatch from NYC.

Link

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Well,it's good they still have lights in their building I guess....

2nd

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Was watching the 'series' and I wondered; WoW! there must be alot of RATS crawling around with all of the flooding. Just make sure you close the door behind you on the way out. There are millions upon milliOwn-es of Rats the size of cats in NY. Been there, seen tis n tat at least 6 times now. It was an amazing Xperience in many ways. Usually went to various weddings, once on vacation, once on a mission. Anyhow, thought I'd chime in bout da rats. L8ter folks and hope you invited a relative, friend, neighbor over in the time of need.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey everyone havnt checked in for awhile but its been almost impossible to get service or internet on the phone and tghe powers been out since 2, trees are blowin everywhere if you step outside for a smoke its like being in a massive wind tunnel, the rain hasn't been too bad but the wind is overwhelming. I was able to find and old radio and rig it with a coat hanger to get any station so I have no idea what's been goin on in the city and everywhere else I'm in upstate ny

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

I was talking to a buddy of mine earlier today about this, he asked, "what do you think will happen to all the rats?"...I had zero answer for him, he said maybe they will all migrate out of the city limits into the suburbs away from the storm water... Could you imagine that???

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Essential Info.

Here are some Essential Links to help you keep updated on the progress of Hurricane Sandy and find other useful information.

Covers United States, Canada and State by State.

BBC - Sandy Essential Links

Hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Going to have to turn off my phone soon to save the battery until tomorrow. Still high winds here and some rain. Really cold too.

And I'd like to say its situations like these that show that ATS members, more than most other sites really are like a big family. I've enjoyed hanging out with you all to get updates and well wishes from. Sleep well, everyone. Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
reply to post by wwe9112

Fill water jugs to drink,fill your bathtub to flush the toilet using a bucket to dip it out.

Grab any sleeping bags you have,comforters or whatever,so you can coccoon up grandma if the power goes out.

Drag her bed into a hallway near the center of the house and close the doors to all the rooms in case the windows blow out.

This isn't such a big deal unless you keep panicking like it sounds you are from your post.

Calm down.

^^^ This is sage advice!

And, again, take care ATSers in the effected areas. Our thoughts are with all of you,

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join