It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Made a video earlier to capture the noise of the wind..
It kept blowing away my tarp which is nailed at the top with a piece of wood over it, the bottom was hard to keep down.. no amount of rocks or bricks could hold it down. I gave up. Just trying to keep the wood dry in case power goes out for heat and cooking

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
power is out for all of jersey city, NJ. i am powering down my computer (I am using a hotspot)

Hope to have power back soon!

link   
sandys hole stinks! lolz

Seriously run!

link   
Piers Morgan reported 5 deaths in NYC on CNN

I wish people would stay inside and not be curious to see it firsthand

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
News says it is sleeting in Pittsburgh as well as the snow in WV.

It sounds like this storm is doing everything they predicted.
I believe what the newscaster just said - that no one in 300 years has seen a storm like this.

Here - the wind won't stop, it has started raining harder again, and I'm tired of being anxious.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why do I think NYC will turn out that happen to New Orleans, I really have a bad feeling about this guys...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS, been lurking for a while but thought I would chime in on storm. I think the storm has been hyped up a bit. At least as far as the reach of the storm. I live about 20 miles south of Baltimore. Have been hearing for days how huge the storm is and its affects would be felt for hundreds of miles. It has been windy all day, a gusty at times, but no where near what we have been hearing. I am probably within 100 miles of center now and the wind gusts have been no where near predicted. From what I have been hearing, we should have had hurricane force winds hours and hours ago.

I am sure there are places that are being pretty hard hit, especially major flooding near the coast, but I am thinking the weather channel is blowing this a bit out of proportion as far as the large scope they have been predicting, or it is possible they just got it wrong. Our power usually goes off at the drop of a hat around here, but it has just flickered 3-4 times all day.

Maybe it will intensify a bit after it passes to the north, but I guess we will see. For those of you experiencing truly bad conditions, stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am in Trenton New Jersey and we are experiencing heavy rains and wind due to the storm. However, my family just saw something we've never seen before. You know how lightening illuminates the sky white? Well we just saw three flashes of bright green across the sky. No thunder noise just the whole sky turn bright green for a few seconds then it went away. Is this common in a storm like this? I wish I was fast enough to be able to video it or take a picture but by the time I got out of my bed to grab the phone for a pic it went away.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
9:20 pm

Lower Manhatten is coming under water and they're now in a complete blackout... even safety lights are gone.

SandyCam

(in case anyone has missed previous posts to this link)

Wow, the storm hasn't even fully hit yet and they've still got another day of this to battle through...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dyabolik

Probably flashes from transformers.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Phones.
Cellphones will not work eventually,but landline phones will.
The only problem is so many people got rid of they're landlines.
And if you still have a land line phone,well cordless phones don't work when the power is out.

If you only have a cell phone,texting will work better than voice.

Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here is a photo a friend of mine placed on Facebook. She is a police officer in Howard County, Maryland.

Link to my imsgeshack upload

Here is my attempt to post the image here on ATS. I don't have flash so I can't upload to this site (iPad).

I can't figure out why that won't work. But it is a good pic to share, I thought!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Piers Morgan reported 5 deaths in NYC on CNN

I wish people would stay inside and not be curious to see it firsthand

Hey

Got an email from one of the husbands friends and he forwarded it to me.. said their dept was trying to get the homeless folks informed and situated.. and out of the tunnels. Didnt have much luck.For some.. the outside is all they have.. and strangely enough, when they had gone down telling them, the folks hadnt even known a hurricane and nor'eastern frankenstorm was on the way.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
9:20 pm

Lower Manhatten is coming under water and they're now in a complete blackout... even safety lights are gone.

SandyCam

(in case anyone has missed previous posts to this link)

Wow, the storm hasn't even fully hit yet and they've still got another day of this to battle through...

Plus gotta factor in the storm is gonna turn back up north at some point.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
sandy is leaving baltimore, view from fells point shows declining wind and rain.
boat quit rocking like it was in the wake of a 45 Bertram. dover radar shows slight rotation about 40 miles NE of the north end of the chesapeake. center no longer defined...but moving NE.
time is 9 30... noaa stopped updating sandy position. time for a cup of soup

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well just watched a transformer explode. Smells like fire. Police everywhere. Starting to rain. No power. Have full battery on my phone and that's it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow 4 feet of water in tunnels.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Still expecting it to reach here, terrible terrible biting winds but I don't know of much rain yet, just tremendous winds. It's getting pretty dicey and Sandy will be here overhead of us soon. Probably within the next hour or so, maybe less. Gusts are getting more frequent and more powerful by the minute.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
Here is a photo a friend of mine placed on Facebook. She is a police officer in Howard County, Maryland.

Link to my imsgeshack upload

Here is my attempt to post the image here on ATS. I don't have flash so I can't upload to this site (iPad).

I can't figure out why that won't work. But it is a good pic to share, I thought!

Looks like a military takeover, with your friend flipping us all the bird!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join