It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The National Hurricaine Center indicates the post tropical cylcone Sandy's center has yet to make landfall.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just to help give a sense of Sandy's size:

I'm all the way down here on the South Carolina / Georgia state line, and we have cloud cover that is the very edge of Sandy. Winds are sustained at about 30 Mph with gusts up to 40 (and that wind is coming out of the NW and is COLD, brrrrrr).

Hope all those north of me stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

First of all: take care all of you in the harms way!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey y'all, I hate to keep postin', but the wind's so bad here that there's whitecaps in the toilet

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
video from local station about Narragansett Bay
Yeahhh I still got power.

www2.turnto10.com...

edit on 10/29/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

It is very cold. Coldest hurricane I have ever been in. It is miserable.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Shall we start the: who has power game?

I say that the ones who are last to go get 500 pts. XD

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
The national hurricaine center has downgraded Sandy to a post tropical cyclone.

It appears the Hurricaine has merged with the classic Nor'easter and has lost it's tropical characteristics, meaning the core has moved from warm air to cold air.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

She'll still pack wind and rain

It's actually not a downgrade, but I'm sure you knew that. =)

link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

definitely right about that!but how far can this hurricane travel land inwards ?

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Shall we start the: who has power game?

I say that the ones who are last to go get 500 pts. XD

I'm in!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Madcotto

It is because this involves MAJOR USA flight hubs. NYC is shut down, this storm is dirupting major international flight hubs in NYC, BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, and DC.

Hours ago, the number of flights canceled was 9,000. I don't know what it is now. But that is really going to screw up international flights.

That is why they are letting you know.

link   
rain easing in fells point, baltimore, at 7 38. radar indicates it may stop. landfall must have been around cape may, sandy now likely going up the delaware. sailboat rocking port and starboard, indicating a wind shift to the west.
lights flickered. could be trouble.

link   
reply to post by NordicNeoShaman

The site admin (Crakuer) said the servers and ATS will be/are fine. I have no idea about the rest of your post.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hanging in there.

The scariest thing is hearing the trees break and snap and not knowing where they are. Something big just fell.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A quick update from Boston ma here, thought at first it was pretty straightforward cat 1 storm, still do so far, tho the wind has been shaking my house litterally nonstop all day, its not like there aren't people still walking the streets tho lol people around my neighborhood are usually so drunk it's always that hard to walk around.

And just now there was this incredibly weird noise and loud vibration ive never heard before like an underground explosion or giant shard of metal bending with imediate power outage? Next the power goes back on for about 1 minute and then the same weird occuranve only I'd say 3x more intense with power outage imediately after again...whatever made the sound was deff underground, ive seen transformers explode on 3 occasions that was fully different...power has been out for last 15 mins with looks like 4 fire engines and unknown amount of cruisers and ambulance right down the street. Weird ill tell you lol. From just outside Boston ma here.
edit on 29-10-2012 by pryed -eyed-one because: Describe deference in occurrence to transformer explosion

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by eriktheawful

It is very cold. Coldest hurricane I have ever been in. It is miserable.

I rode out Hugo in a US naval destroyer that couldn't go out to sea because we had a huge hole in the side of our hull. I watched as the pier we were still tied to disappear under water.

when it was all over, I went out to my car parked out in the north 40 gravel parking lot. It (and many others), looked like a .50 machine gun and shot them apart.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
The national hurricaine center has downgraded Sandy to a post tropical cyclone.

It appears the Hurricaine has merged with the classic Nor'easter and has lost it's tropical characteristics, meaning the core has moved from warm air to cold air.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

She'll still pack wind and rain

It's actually not a downgrade, but I'm sure you knew that. =)

right, right, downgrade is the wrong term, more like "transformed".

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the weather channel indicates a peak wind of 50 from wnw right now in baltimore, which agrees with what i see at fells point..
prediction is declining wind for next 48 hours. this indicates the center of the storm is just passing to the NE, in delaware bay. time is 7 48 pm

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Should my whole house be shaking?
There is lots of banging out there and the doors keep sounding like they are going to bang open.

In other areas - CNN is showing a building in Manhattan where the wind tore the front off of a building. I can't find a link, but they are showing it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

id be fine with letting us know its defo news afterall but what im saying is what we got here is almost 60% of the news devoted to it and tbh a few people missing a flight aint world news

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join