It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 19
150
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
any live streaming working? I lost my weather channel feed.




posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Another update from an hour west of Harrisburg. Wind is getting terribly frightening and I understand that this thing JUST touched down along the coast and it's slow moving? I mean, just the backlash from the outer parts of this storm are way too powerful. This is my first full fledged hurricane and I'm having a hard time staying calm. This is just horrifying.


Yes,it's scary. Remain calm,if possible and keep yourself busy.
You are in for a long night.

There is a reason for hurricane parties.

Playing cards and drinking goes a long way in getting through it.

Be safe,stay inside.
edit on 29-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indecent
 


Yep, us Pennsylvanians have a long long long night ahead of us. No light flickering here yet but the wind is just awful. And I really am terrified to know this is only the beginning. That within only a few hours we'll be in the worst of it and it'll be ten times worse than this or more. I really hope all that are closer to the coast actually evacuated instead of being dumb. The tv keeps going in and out as I try to watch news coverage so I assume the power will be gone not long after. Time to charge my phone again one last time even though I just took it off of the charger about an hour ago. Can't be too careful.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
any live streaming working? I lost my weather channel feed.


www.ustream.tv...
www.netnewsledger.com...
www.thenorthwestern.com...|mostpopular|text|OSH0403

There are a bunch. Just google Live Stream hurricane Sandy



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The streaming video from the Statue of Liberty sucks, but the audio alone is worth it.

aws1.earthcam.com...

Also note the camera shake.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Lots of debris going down the street here. Fences and trash and just...random wood I guess...? The wind is back on a strengthening flow. I came upstairs for a little bit (to light hookah coals since I have power) and it's definitely a lot worse than the last time I posted.

Lights are flickering now.

#baltimore
edit on 29-10-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The live stream from the Statue of Liberty just stopped. Don't know if that's normal or not. I push "play" but nothing happens.

It's back on now. It looks like the rain may have let up a little in NY but it's still very windy in the harbor.
edit on 29-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
General Tips on Pet Protection During the Hurricane
-Bring pets inside -large animals see below-

-Travel cages handy for evacuations as well as;

-Identification-collars, tags, pictures of your pet/s on hand in case they are lost.

-At least 3 days worth of food, water, litter, newspaper/pads,...as well as your pets medication if needed, etc.

-Emergency shelter/hotels that are pet friendly, veterinary lists on hand.

-Pet first aid handbook/ first aid kit.


Emergency Plans-Humane Society
ASPCA
Large Animals/Farm Animals- ASPCA


edit on 29-10-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I can not even imagine how something like this impacts me if it would happen the part of the world were I live.But does it have two kind of feelings,like excitement and fear at the same time? Ill hope nobody gets hurt. It sometimes looks if the hurricanes are getting more heavier every year in the US ?



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
been in the uk i hardly heard a thing about Hurricane Katrina but this time with weeks away from a election its allover the news and hyped the high hell. tbh they struggling live upto the hype atm.

guess what im saying its nice timing for a election for it get this hyped

but ofcores for all them involved keep safe while it happens



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Some outages in my area... lights have flickered a few times. I'm hunkered down in the basement with a bottle of wine. Expecting power to be out by morning. The wind gusts are extremely strong and are only supposed to get stronger.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
The streaming video from the Statue of Liberty sucks, but the audio alone is worth it.

aws1.earthcam.com...

Also note the camera shake.


Looks like most of these locations still have power, with the exception of maybe Wall Street - all I see are police lights.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1
 


The Harbor Cam was shaking pretty bad 5 minutes ago when I looked... maybe it couldn't take the wind anymore... definitely a strong storm...



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
reply to post by Indecent
 


Yep, us Pennsylvanians have a long long long night ahead of us. No light flickering here yet but the wind is just awful. And I really am terrified to know this is only the beginning. That within only a few hours we'll be in the worst of it and it'll be ten times worse than this or more. I really hope all that are closer to the coast actually evacuated instead of being dumb. The tv keeps going in and out as I try to watch news coverage so I assume the power will be gone not long after. Time to charge my phone again one last time even though I just took it off of the charger about an hour ago. Can't be too careful.


Get your phone fully charged. Turn it off, but turn it on every 30 minutes or so to check for messages and what not. Conserve your battery. A lot of the big stores offer AA battery cell phone chargers that don't need an outlet. Grab that stuff if it's not too late.
edit on 29-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why are you people anywhere near this thing ? you should have left yesterday .

I wold have been on the west coast by now



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The national hurricaine center has downgraded Sandy to a post tropical cyclone.

It appears the Hurricaine has merged with the classic Nor'easter and has lost it's tropical characteristics, meaning the core has moved from warm air to cold air.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

She'll still pack wind and rain



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeZeus
Why are you people anywhere near this thing ? you should have left yesterday .

I wold have been on the west coast by now


This is the East Coast. Evacuations aren't so simple.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Starting to get worse here. Power is flickering as I type this. Gonna be a long night...



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
The national hurricaine center has downgraded Sandy to a post tropical cyclone.

It appears the Hurricaine has merged with the classic Nor'easter and has lost it's tropical characteristics, meaning the core has moved from warm air to cold air.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

She'll still pack wind and rain




Good news.



posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And with all the starbucks locations in NYC closed, evacuation becomes impossible! No caffeine, no evac.

You know it's serious when New York is in caffeine withdrawal.



new topics

top topics



 
150
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join