It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The wind sounds like C-13s flying ten feet over the roof of my house. It's incredible sounding. It's not letting up either. I'm hearing branches and trees fall all over the place. Sirens, etc.

Internet is still up surprisingly though. Hope it stays throughout the night.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberDuckGB
Water now flooding into Brooklyn. Pic here

Brooklyn Water Rushing In!

Wow that picture looks scary!
I tried to check the live webcam for a view of that, but the camera is shaking too hard:
aws1.earthcam.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
OK, so it is now 8:27 PM in brooklyn, ny, and i'm in around zone 2-3. brighton beach is absolutely under water and without power, and my lights have been flickering more and more since last night.

the stranges thing, however, is the teal colored bright as day lightning that flashes every couple of seconds, without noise o_o i'll keep you guys updated if it keeps happening. i have no way of capturing it, but anybody else in NY, can you guys confirm this for me? i swear i keep seeing the brightest flashes with NO noise whatsoever. what-is-happening?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

Power Transformers are blowing up

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I haven't read thru the whole thread and, with the flickering power, I wanted to update before I lose the ability.

the boom I heard was the breaking of the crane. it's still hanging and, swinging back and forth.

I went down to the street to see what was going on. the store on the corner lost its awning. it's lying on the street and the doorman keeps pulling it back to the store, only to have it blow away again.

the crane is visible from my front door and, per the fire dept., they're waiting for it to fall.

Stuyvesant town is being evacuated. there's a couple of feet of water on east 20th street.

downtown electric is being turned off to ensure rapid return of power. as of this posting, my parents haven't lost their power yet (they live downtown).

one building collapsed in queens. it was vacant.
another building, in Chelsea lost the façade. it isn't clear of anyone was home at the time.

there's tons of crap flying around on the street and there's lots of banging and clanging of things on the verge of breaking loose.

we can really hear the wind now. the storm is finally hitting us. the fun is just beginning.

news just showed footage of flooding in rockaway. cars floating down the street.

it's like new Orleans in some areas.

that's all for now,

crakeur, reporting live, from the comfort of my still electrified apartment.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I was going to try before, but it would need video to do it justice, and it is very dark so I'm not sure that would come out well.

I must say though, when I opened the door to the back deck to try, the door kind of had a "sucking" that made it feel like it was sticking, which it never does, and when it finally snapped open, I had to hang on hard to keep it from flying open hard. I stuck my head out to look around, and it is COLD out there. There is just a little rain, but the wind is loud and scary. Trees and gates and branches are blowing around. Luckily the neighbors were warned to take in anything that might fly around, and either they listened, or it all blew away already.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

BREAKING: Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office has confirmed at least five storm-related fatalities in New York.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by foursecondpin
reply to post by facedye

don't they make noise if they're blowing up? there's absolutely no noise accompanied by these flashes. not even a rumble. SPEAKING of rumbling, i can confirm that in starrett city as well as bensonhurst are experiencing shaking buildings.

in other news, two completely black undercover cars with blaring sirens just passed my house. it's a weird day to be in new york city.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by foursecondpin

just like this: www.youtube.com...
Not the transformer but still an electric fire. Just got posted.
edit on 29-10-2012 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Im in Newark, Nj....about 10 blocks have lost power....I am over a friend's house because they still have power...Wind is very heavy and the rain is coming....Police and emergency response crews are out everywhere. The traffic lights are out and some trees and branches have fallen. We are told it's suppose to get worse...i'm just going to hang on and hold tight for as long as the power over here stays up. Everybody be safe

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

A surreal moment: the storm is now flooding the Fire Department's headquarters in New York.

Would be funny in any other situation!

Telegraph

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Reading everyone's accounts about this storm from NE Indiana. We've got a wind advisory through tomorrow and we'll get getting rain and the first little bit of snow from the backside of Sandy. It's insane that she's that big. Listening to our 20-30 MPH wind blowing certainly puts one in a more emotionally connected place while reading what the East Coast is going through. This storm brings to mind a poem that I think of often as the world seems to get crazier and crazier. Even though it's the wrong ocean, I thought I'd share.

Once By The Pacific
Robert Frost

The shattered water made a misty din
Great waves looked over others coming in,
And thought of doing something to the shore
That water never did to land before.
The clouds were low and hairy in the skies,
Like locks blown forward in the gleam of eyes.
You could not tell, yet it looked as if
The shore was lucky in being backed by cliff,
The cliff in being backed by continent;
It looked as if a night of dark intent
Was coming, and not only a night, an age.
Someone had better prepare for rage.
There would be more than ocean-water broken
Before God's Put out the Light was spoken.

Stay safe everyone and remember, you can get through it. Just keep your head and remember you're Americans.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hudson river is overflowing per the news.
Hoboken NJ is getting flooded quickly.
If anyone is there, please move higher and stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedye

Originally posted by foursecondpin
reply to post by facedye

don't they make noise if they're blowing up? there's absolutely no noise accompanied by these flashes. not even a rumble. SPEAKING of rumbling, i can confirm that in starrett city as well as bensonhurst are experiencing shaking buildings.

in other news, two completely black undercover cars with blaring sirens just passed my house. it's a weird day to be in new york city.

You won't hear it probably because the wind is strong enough to blow the sound away from where you are.
Just guessing,cause I remember many blue flashes with no sound during a hurricane.
My thoughts are with you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
reply to post by foursecondpin

just like this: www.youtube.com...
Not the transformer but still an electric fire. Just got posted.
edit on 29-10-2012 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

seb that's definitely not what i'm seeing. they're few and far apart, some of them with a really slow start up. like lightning, but without sound. for all i know it actually could be blown generators, but what i'm seeing does not look like that. if it keeps happening i'll try and capture it somehow!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Weather channel is reporting that the subway tunnels are flooding in NY city

edit on 29-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seeing reports that flooding has started in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

thanks k-dog! i really hope that's what's happening. this whole day's been pretty off-putting. what really gets me wondering is what's shaking these buildings if they still maintain power. i'm stumped!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
URGENT! URGENT!

guys this just came in - if you're in HOBOKEN

the Mayor of Hoboken, New Jersey, is urging residents in ground floor apartments to go knock on their upstairs neighbours' doors and ask to stay for the night "because the Hudson river is flowing into both sides of the city

TELEGRAPH

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Horrible, horrible video, I know. But I tried to get the noise of the wind with my iPhone. Sorry for the horribleness.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join