It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There has definitely been a change in the storm here. For the last hour the wind is howling, trees are bending, windows are rattling. The rain just keeps going, but the wind has not been this bad all day.

And our power just went of for about a minute.

(southeast PA)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
fox8.com...

I wanna give these people parking to stare at waves Darwin awards. The barrier by that lake park right there is really just some rocks. I sure hope those people are smart enough to not get out of their car.

edit on 29-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Are people pulling into the car park in their cars just to watch the waves?

Any chance a wave could take away a car into the lake?

Lake Erie

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Can only imagine what people there are doing now

The Fed is probably stealing all the gold from their banks so Germany and France can't recollect.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Asheville North Carolina here very windy rainy cold and waiting for snow. anywhere from 2-6 inches. I think where we are at we may only be looking at 2-4 inches.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
south central pa, on the mason dixon line

50 gal. water in storage

45 gal. gasoline in storage, treated with stabil

5500 watt generator ready to crank

5 gal. kerosene in storage

aa, d, 14500, 18650 and other various batteries, flashlights, and rechargeable lights ready

16+ cord split firewood, oak, maple, cherry, locust, ash, walnut

jotul cast iron radiant wood stove, no electric needed

ample dry goods, canned, food supply

large turnip patch in the event things get real rough

fine selection of firearms and ammo

over 500 gal. diesel and home heating oil

3.1 inches of rain so far, some small stream flooding

wind gusts estimated to 50+ mph

lighters, candles, matches, oil lanterns, and did I mention flashlights?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

LIVE VIDEO: Massive Lake Erie Waves

fox8.com...

Great view. Thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.ustream.tv...

starting to pick up again. quality is horrible but you can still see the signs blowing back and forth.

(This is my live feed from my bedroom window. jersey city, NJ.) far away from the center of this but still stormy.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberDuckGB

I don't think they could ever take a car, but it would be very easy to fall in if they tried to get out of the car and walk around.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Another update from an hour west of Harrisburg. Wind is getting terribly frightening and I understand that this thing JUST touched down along the coast and it's slow moving? I mean, just the backlash from the outer parts of this storm are way too powerful. This is my first full fledged hurricane and I'm having a hard time staying calm. This is just horrifying.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I hope everyone has gotten their animals in the house. My dog was shaking like crazy form the cold after just going outside to pee for a moment.

edit on 29-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Nixie reporting from baltimore.

It is looking Hairy,more water in the closet (seeping up from the ground) and power is flickering.

Off tomorrow, going to have beer with the neighbor.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It is already very blustery here in Toronto. The mayor has been on the radio talking about preparedness, particularly with hydro issues. He says that the linemen can't do much if the winds are high so that if there are power outages, people should be prepared to wait if that's how things turn out. A caller to the program I was listening to said that there are whitecaps on the water in a canal near Thorold, Ontario.

The storm is far away but we are feeling it already here. Stay safe everyone, especially if you have to go out in strong winds. Be ready to duck.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not sure if this has already been posted but I have been following from the CBS live UStream for a few hours now, I am not sure about other feeds but there reporters have been doing a good job. CBS Live Ustream

link   
Watching what has happened so far has made me very glad that I have stocked up supplies. The power is almost guaranteed to be out of service here for at least a few days. A back up generator is nice to have but it's really bad when it comes time to actually use it. My thoughts are with the people who are being flooded due to refusing to evacuate. I know what it's like to not want to evacuate but it was for their own good. Certainly there will be a high death toll.

link   
FYI The Telegraph news paper (UK) is giving a minute by minute update guys

Telegraph

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

We are forgetting everyone who is getting a snowstorm. Keep us updated please.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Latest track of Sandy--for those of you who DON'T live in New York City. Good to know where it's headed. Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Another update from an hour west of Harrisburg. Wind is getting terribly frightening and I understand that this thing JUST touched down along the coast and it's slow moving? I mean, just the backlash from the outer parts of this storm are way too powerful. This is my first full fledged hurricane and I'm having a hard time staying calm. This is just horrifying.

Right across the river from Harrisburg, so an hour east from you about. Our power is flickering intermittently and winds are starting to pick up. This thing is supposedly just getting started.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
According to CBS.. the robberies have already started.
Never let a good crisis go to waste I guess... for some.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join