It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Crackeur.. erm.. that crane is about to give way and hang tight:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

And I hope the insurance carrier takes them to court.. and I hope the co that decided not to take care of this thing isnt allowed to operate in the state again.. ever.

That dangly piece is blowing around like crazy at times.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Horrible, horrible video, I know. But I tried to get the noise of the wind with my iPhone. Sorry for the horribleness.

Haha people are gonna start thinking that is a UFO video...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberDuckGB

any one have any further on this or is in that area?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

Don't worry. I've been through a freak tropical storm before and I noticed the lightning like that. With little to no thunder. I don't know why you can't hear it. Distance? Or a vacuum created by the super low pressure? Either way, it's normal. No worries on the crazy lightning with no thunder.. unless.. it really is War of the Worlds?!
edit on 10/29/2012 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Just to help give a sense of Sandy's size:

I'm all the way down here on the South Carolina / Georgia state line, and we have cloud cover that is the very edge of Sandy. Winds are sustained at about 30 Mph with gusts up to 40 (and that wind is coming out of the NW and is COLD, brrrrrr).

Hope all those north of me stay safe.

Just to ad to that size - you're in Georgia and I'm in central Wisconsin and winds are coming in from the East. The outer edges of the storm are reaching this far in. Unbelievable. Be safe everyone!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Horrible, horrible video, I know. But I tried to get the noise of the wind with my iPhone. Sorry for the horribleness.

No apology for me! I've never been in a 'cane and am always curios how it sounds. Thank you and stay safe!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow! the entire eastide of Manhattan is in a black out, except for the Empire State.

instagram.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wow. Check this...

"A shark was spotted swimming in what was the front yard of someone’s home. The high surf that had inundated some homes in brigantine beach, NJ, also brought in sea life – including the shark."

Source

Craziness.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The stay puft marshmellow man has made his way from NY to Boston and is heading north, this situation escalated far too quickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Quite a large storm system. I can't believe it's actually SNOWING down south.

It's actually a lot warmer up here in northern CT now, was 10c in the morning now its up to 18c.. Usually goes down at night.

link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by facedye

Don't worry. I've been through a freak tropical storm before and I noticed the lightning like that. With little to know thunder. I don't know why you can't hear it. Distance? Or a vacuum created by the super low pressure? Either way, it's normal. No worries on the crazy lightning with no thunder.. unless.. it really is War of the Worlds?!

hahaha, i'm sure you're right, but war of the worlds is exactly what it feels like. thanks for the calming words! it's a pretty weird storm though. the rainfall i've been seeing is surprisingly minimal compared to how much flooding there is. it's mostly just ridiculously strong winds on my end.

link   
News just said NYC is under a lockdown. What's the chances this DOES turn out to be just as bad, if not worse, than Katrina and we see the same type of martial law implemented in the big apple. Just asking, cause the news is making it out that this is gonna be just epic, but we all know they like to fear monger.

link   
reply to post by LotusUprising

How being in a hurricane sounds?
Like God became a lion..is really pissed off and roaring at you...
The rest of the sounds are debris hitting your house, your house becoming debirs, things being snapped off, things exploding, spin off tornadoes,ripping sounds is the sideways rain being forced through brick mortar, the roof ripping off, .. and that screaming sound...well that is you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There are several emergency vehicles with sirens and flashing lights at the end of our street. I can't see what happened. But the wind is blowing and banging just as bad if not worse as it has been the last couple of hours.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yep, you described it just as I remember it! But I had many screams coming from inside, even from the grown men!

link   
Seawater is now rushing into NY tunnel, all bridges are closed.

link   

Originally posted by wondermost
News just said NYC is under a lockdown. What's the chances this DOES turn out to be just as bad, if not worse, than Katrina and we see the same type of martial law implemented in the big apple. Just asking, cause the news is making it out that this is gonna be just epic, but we all know they like to fear monger.

Perhaps. A while ago CBS reported that the robberies and break ins had already started.. and the thing hadnt even made landfall yet. Many people stayed at home knowing how bad this would get as last time they evacuated, they returned home to ransacked homes and destroyed possessions. In my experience, the bad voodoo happens after the hurricane... with people acting like idiots and desperate folks getting caught up in it.

link   
CNN just announced that the N.Y. Battery Tunnel is filling with water and that it's a possibly dire situation. What does that mean?

link   
Also, i'm not sure which poster it was, but it was quite a few pages back said they were in their basement. GET OUT OF YOUR BASEMENT if you are reading this. With flooding you go to the upper levels, and it sounds like a lot of flooding is going on.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Seawater is now rushing into NY tunnel, all bridges are closed.

Sorry, I didn't see your post!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join