It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor? Or...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Pretty much. It could be a large difference in temperature, or something of that nature.
And, by the way, ducting is a form of tropospheric propagation, and it was brought up a few times here when those sounds in the sky were being heard.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by CLPrime

So basically this thing is picking up weather in the troposphere?

I would think other variables like Aurora, or anything that can be traced on VHF bands, could cause Tropospheric changes.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
hey man! i found other new theread about colorado misterius rocket..maybe its a meteor strike??
This the theread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

If it truly is a lift. Which I do believe. Why is it centered in one spot? The blue obviously would be the baseline. And the baseline is wide. So I assume that it has a large radius in a specific spot of the troposphere. However it's only picking it up on one specific spot.

Is it like a jet stream?
edit on 23-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
TextText Orange hey everybody =) newbie here, costa rica has had a 6.6mag quake in the past 2 hours, i mention this because another member mentioned costa rica in the thread and i thought it may be relevant to know. earthquake.usgs.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

That it's along a line means it's a single frequency. This is the source signal that Meteorscan sends out to reflect off meteors. It's being reflected back by the Troposphere.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Orionid meteor shower

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by foursecondpin

Meteor showers show spikes over frequency ranges, not a single constant return over a single frequency.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It just detected one!

I can't post from this iPad!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Spiking a lot...please tell me what I am looking at?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

What's weird is there is spikes...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Do you expect the Troposphere to reflect uniformly over time?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Hey man! get to your computer imediataly then upload it plaese..Move! wee need fresh information... commong man!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's like our planet is passing through a debris field, or...

THE ALIENS ARE ABOUT TO LAND!

Perhaps, their vessels are disguised as meteors.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

we dont know that..but its really weird! i am from indonesia and nothing in my sky..maybe to far from the obsevatory..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

No because I assume it's kinda like a Jet stream.. But I would think the band wouldn't be such a skinny line. I feel it would have more width on the graph compared to length..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I'll explain it once more, just for you.

Meteorscan detects meteors by sending out a VHF signal which then reflects off the ionization caused by meteors traveling through the atmosphere. This anomalous signal is what happens when the Troposphere becomes more reflective than normal and reflects that original signal back at the detectors. No meteors, no death, no imminent doom...just weather.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

The line is skinny because it's a single frequency (width on the graph is a measure of frequency). And it's a single frequency because it's the source signal being reflected back at Meteorscan.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Thank you for posting that...it just did four different ones while I was watching the last 5 to 10 minutes in different spots on that graph.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I can't get to it!

Wish I could and I never saw this scan before....I don't even understand it yet!

Help!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join