It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I do not want strangers teaching my children about sexuality.

Biology ... Yes.... Human sexuality no.

And that is my god dam free right

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You just ostracized Billy's parents and Billy, and made them seem evil to your daughter and the school, because you do not see it as "normal", or "moral".
No. I would say the same thing if she said "Dad, the other girls say Billy is really good in bed." I have a real problem with my daughter engaging in any sexual activity at all. I have no problem with anything consenting adults do.

Now you have pointed out my issue with this sort of teaching in the schools. Too much of the "sex ed" teaching is assuming that these KIDS will be having sex, instead of teaching them that they are not ready. I don't think kids in school should be taught about ANY sexual preferences. They aren't ready emotionally, often not even physically. They have no clue how badly things could go wrong, or even how their actions will affect them emotionally or spiritually. This sort of thing goes hand in hand with the disturbing trend these days to sexualize our children. Clothing that I would not have worn as a young, single woman. Little girls dancing like strippers, and/or singing lyrics that I would never allow my kids to hear. Even toddlers are made up as "tiny adults" on horrible pageant programs. It isn't simply homosexuality being promoted in the schools (and the media, etc.), but promiscuous behavior, and our children are being made prime targets for pedophiles as well. How does a child that is dressed as a young woman, and encouraged to behave like one, know how to resist the advances of a predator? Quite simply, they don't. It's past time that all this sexual teaching is removed from the schools, and they are returned to the purported purpose of actual education.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Personally I think its great...

Australia has gorgeous women... so well... you do the math.
lol.

how many you want???

link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

this might be my favourite post yet!
are you genuinely implying that urinating on someone for mutual sexual pleasure is morally corrupt?

.....moreover, am i to take it that if your daughter goes to some kid that isn't Billy's party and he attempts to emulate his [exclusively vanilla missionary position] parent's behaviour by forcing himself on her that would be acceptable? because Good Old Fashioned Red Blooded Heterosexual Sexy Sex is morally superior?

Yep..I am implying that it would be morally corrupt, and disgusting as well.

yes..
..that is so what I said in my post.. because I condoned sexually forcing yourself on someone so explicitly..didn't I ?

Now you're just trying to show us what a fool you are without even playing the drinking game..

edit on 22-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

link   
It wont be long before heterosexuality is considered a discriminatory hate-crime.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Oh Yeah....I have a pretty good idea.....and think it has been spelled out pretty well in this thread already by several others. I agree this is about a much more sinister agenda then just a campaign against bullying.

I read a story recently about a UK celeberty named Fabar I believe....but what really stood out to me was that he was very popular with the Royal Family, often a guest to the palace, he rubbed elbows with politicians and other elites and celeberties...what did a two bit entertainer have that would make him soo popular with these folks?

According to his Nephew he provided children for them to sexually abuse, and was a real "freak" himself. I have heard this theme occur more and more these days concerning powerful people and pedophilla...Same thing here in the US...so I have very big concerns about why there is such a big agenda to sexualize kids through schools and the media.

My research into these subjects and my "gut" Mommy instincts tell me this is wrong.

edit on 22-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

So do I & I dont want strangers teaching my children about homosexuality either.
How about the other kids at school? The ones that harass the queers...or the pigs...or the nerds...or the uglies. Because those kids are there and those kids will be teaching yours.

They won't be teaching my kids because my children have been brought up with respect. My kids do not need strangers teaching them about tolerating homosexuals. As for the others, if they are degenerates, that aint my problem. They will find themselves spending a lot of time in a 6x4 room.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by caladonea

Subjecting children (or anyone) to just one way of thinking is very narrow minded. Present all the choices and as the child grows up; allow them to make their own choices.

Expecting others to think as you do could also be construed as narrow minded.

I can just see Jesus now, talking to all the little children, presenting to them all their sexual choices , and telling them they are free to be whatever they want sexually, and they are free to choose whatever.

Even true Buddhists respect sexuality more than the "anything goes" motto.

Last I checked Jesus was big on tolerance...so if he really existed it would make sense to say he'd support this program...because it promotes tolerance
you are incorrect sir.
jesus taught forgiveness not tolerance.
tolerance is a virtue of cowards.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Now you have pointed out my issue with this sort of teaching in the schools.
You think kids are being taught about that "sort" of thing? Do you have any personal knowledge of this?

Too much of the "sex ed" teaching is assuming that these KIDS will be having sex, instead of teaching them that they are not ready.
It seems that you are assuming what is being taught but guess what? Some kids will be having sex no matter what they are told. Some will do so specifically because they have been told how bad it is.

It isn't simply homosexuality being promoted in the schools
I was with you up to this point. Why do you say homosexuality is being promoted in the schools? You have personal knowledge of this?

It's past time that all this sexual teaching is removed from the schools, and they are returned to the purported purpose of actual education.
Really? Oh wait, I forgot that you think biology and sexuality are two entirely separate things. I suppose you think that emotion has nothing to do with either of them too.
edit on 10/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
What do I think? I think it's sick, and that some schools are more concerned with programming the kids than teaching them anything useful. Since when should that topic be in schools at all?? How about basic biology, lessons on puberty, and leave the rest to the parents? The more they teach kids about sex ed, the more kids are having sex, and the higher the teen pregnancy rates. When I was in school, we didn't have all that, and pregnancies were something you never really saw. Most were not promiscuous, either. Sure, some were, but it was far from the norm. What did we learn? A bit about VD in HS, puberty lessons in Jr high. Enough, but not lessons on what we should or should not be doing. These days, many assume that most kids will be having sex, and that they should be given free condoms, driven to abortion clinics, and now this; teach them to be gay? Wow.....

No, you aren't homophobic for thinking this is wrong. It isn't a phobia to believe something is a bad idea, or immoral.

I love this post, and agree with you so much..that I had to post it.. Giving you one measly star just didn't suffice.

Appreciated! You have gotten quite a few as well. It is always nice to see some intelligent debate on such a topic, and there has been a decent amount of that in this thread, despite all the "anti-bigot" bigotry that is also being seen!

On topic, really wish people would wake up and understand what a threat to the children this all is. The way things are going, children will end up being seen as either "small adults" (just ask the UN...), or as a nuisance, as some already view them. I have seen some truly horrible commentary in other places, when people were discussing whether or not families with children should be "allowed" to fly on airplanes, eat in restaurants with other adults, etc. This world is becoming a seriously twisted place.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

They won't be teaching my kids because my children have been brought up with respect. My kids do not need strangers teaching them about tolerating homosexuals.
Good. Your kids are well girded against the evils of homosexuality then. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ihavenoaccount

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
The more they teach kids about sex ed, the more kids are having sex, and the higher the teen pregnancy rates.

www.teachersmedia.co.uk...

www.spiegel.de...

I'm not convinced on that one. In the UK, our sex ed programs aren't as robust as others on the continent, but our teen pregnancy and STI rates are astronomical in comparison. Not to mention the fact that we also have a higher age of consent threshold, (16 here, generally between 13-15 EU-wide.)

Looking at the stats here in the US, it seems pretty clear. The more "open-minded" people became about teen sex, and the more it was taught in schools, the higher the rates of teen sex and pregnancy. I am not familiar with the UK programs, though. Do you know what they actually teach? How long they have been doing so? What changes have come, and when? It's certainly worth a serious study, I believe, to see what affects such programs have. Of course, attention would have to be paid to other factors as well, such as economic status, cultural norms, and so forth. I do like the higher age of consent there. 13-15 in most of Europe? WOW! I didn't know that! I know a few places here, it is lower (decided state by state), but I wasn't aware of the European range.

Anyway, on the rates there; do you have any sources for a breakdown on those? Meaning by economics, ethnicity, religion, or whatever? If the rates are that high, there has to be a reason.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Well, its good to know that was not implied. I apologize in that manner. I just don't see I guess why a child being of different orientation should be treated differently. Those kinds of things are actually make pedophiliacs become what they are due to being made to feel inferior due to society treating them as less than others. Its a vicious cycle.

First off, I strongly don't think children should be labeled as being of any sexual orientation, until they become mature enough to really understand sexuality a bit better.

If one of your daughters decided to play a kissing game with her school friend at the age of 8 or 9, would you honestly sit her down Rubicant, and start explaining to her that she was gay ?

Children both boys and girls get curious, and sometimes act out on things (especially what they see on TV and in movies , or hear in songs)

They are too young to barely understand the what, who, or why they are acting out on such curiosities , and certainly too young to be groomed into thinking they are of a certain sexual orientation.

I disagree with you on what makes a pedophile, and I think many pedos, were young souls who were lured into sexuality much too early, and were victims themselves, which has nothing to do with repressed sexual feelings of orientation...if that is what you were trying to say..

I think I need to take a break from this thread...my head is starting to spin.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

They won't be teaching my kids because my children have been brought up with respect. My kids do not need strangers teaching them about tolerating homosexuals.
Good. Your kids are well girded against the evils of homosexuality then. Nothing to worry about.
so tell me why atheists have a problem with prayers in public schools??

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Recently there has been a huge push for gay rights in this country. Australia is a young country socially and in the last 12 months we have seen attempts at legislation for gay marriage etc.

I believe in equality. Pure and simple.

In this case I believe the way this has been presented is wrong.

Bullying is also about the guy who has old socks or the girl with a faded uniform. To use the gay card as an argument is political suicide. I am sure that all of this is a test for acceptance. Clearly they will need to change their marketing to push it through.

It does show as trial run the intentions and the underlying agenda though

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

My children can be who ever they want to be, whether it homsexual, religious, uni graduate, I don't care. The thing I do care about is certain topics being force fed to them which could also influence the people they become down the track because they simply heard about it from a Stranger... My youngest loves religion damn it, again that has been forced upon the children and is wrong...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

My daughters I would love no matter what their orientation is, that's the point. I sure as hell would not make them feel in any way inferior in any regard for being so. My daughters are my world - nothing about any aspect of them will ever change that. I apologized to you because I didn't understand how you were tieing in pedophiles with people that are gay and their sexual orientation and how that has anything to do with this threads content as referenced in the opening article. Because it doesn't and bringing it up is absurd in my eyes. Maybe that tonight is beyond your comprehension for some reason? Think on this a moment. It may stop your head from spinning.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

My children can be who ever they want to be, whether it homsexual, religious, uni graduate, I don't care. The thing I do care about is certain topics being force fed to them which could also influence the people they become down the track because they simply heard about it from a Stranger... My youngest loves religion damn it, again that has been forced upon the children and is wrong...

Does your child attend a separate school, because if she/he does, it is your choice to not send them to a school that obviously has religion in its curriculum.

You say you want your children to be free and not force fed, yet you curse because she freely loves religion ?

They do not teach religion in schools unless it is a religious school..that is a CHOICE made by the parent..who is not a stranger.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You judged Billy [actually.... you judged Billy's parents] based, not on the consent or context of their actions, but entirely on the fact that those actions are 'different'. SO yes, you're kind of saying that if he was to perform acceptably vanilla sexacts it would be fine. Maybe not explicitly, but i've gone back and re-read your post over and over [in a variety of foolish voices, as befits one like me] and i still can't think of any other way to take it.
i'm sure that's hardly what you meant, but it's definitely what you said.
and your stance that things you personally find disgusting is the same as morally corrupt is just too abhorrent for me not to reply in that vein...... it's disgusting! that means you're morally corrupt!
.....aww, i'm too poor to start my drinking game today. rematch after payday?

lucideyes; perhaps one day in the far flung future we can hope that discriminatory hate-crime will be called discriminatory hate-crime.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Teach basic human biology, not sexual preference (or anything related to that). Teach them about VD, and how unreliable birth control can be.
You really think you can separate the two? You think that children don't notice differences? What about the children who are gay? What do you tell them?

Teach that ANY bullying is wrong
That is what is being taught.

Yes, you can teach them that way. That is how we were taught when I was in school (about 30 years back). You don't tell one that might be gay anything. Leave that in private. Bullying can be taught to be wrong without bringing sexual orientation into it. Simply teach that ANY bullying is wrong. back in my school days, we didn't learn all that in class, and we all knew the basics. We knew what birth control was, and how to avoid STDs. Most that I knew were NOT sexually active (and we had pretty open discussions on the topic), and no one talked about sexual preference at all. It just didn't come up. This is a generation that really didn't think about the band name "Queen" as anything other than "just another one word band name". Seriously. None of my contemporaries ever thought about whether they might be gay. They didn't talk about it, and it didn't matter. Sex lives were private, or at most, discussed between close friends, if there was a reason. If there was a sex life. Yes, I knew gay people then. We had a lesbian couple two doors down. Friendly people, didn't push anything on anyone (and didn't, for the record, claim they were born that way...). Found out later a couple of guys in the school were, but no one cared, or noticed, at the time. It's only when such things are forced into the public eye that they become issues.

As for "that is what is being taught", that isn't always true. I posted a link (maybe page 15...?) with a video of a gay fellow actually bullying Christian students, while supposedly giving an anti-bullying lecture. No, not kidding; wish I was! What is taught in most cases is that you are evil, hateful, etc if you don't approve and agree. Not if you bully, simply if you disagree. That isn't tolerance. That is, in fact, bullying.

We do not have to approve of something a person does to treat them fairly. Not even to love them. Don't we all know someone that isn't very lovable in their actions, yet we still care about them? I have a close family member like that. No, not gay. This person is seriously nasty in most conversation (considering it a "gift" to turn anything dirty...), steals from friends and family members, doesn't want to work for anything, assumes everything is owed to them, and that if they don't get ahead it is the fault of others, has abused drugs, is an alcoholic, has abominable hygiene, and so forth. They are family, and I love them, but I really don't want them anywhere near me. Does that make me bigoted against them? Most of the homosexual people I have known are less abrasive. Doesn't mean I have to approve of that particular behavior to call them friend, any more than I would approve of a friend that cheated on a spouse. Known some like that, too. I didn't stop being a friend, just because I disagreed with that behavior.

More on topic, though, I don't think children should be thinking about sex AT ALL. Not under a certain age. I know in Jr. High, most of us weren't concerned about it. High school kids, will, of course, be aware, and that is the age in which you teach, but even then, we should not teach them that they should be having sex, if any kind. They should be learning, growing up, and not getting into behavior that is for adults, and that even some adults don't cope with well. Is there really anything wrong with teaching kids to wait, and have self respect? We can love people when they fail, without condoning the failure itself.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join