It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Good because it's not the "norm". Check any study, poll or scientific speculation and you will find the percentage of homosexual people is a very tiny percentage of people. I myself was shocked to find this because they are soooo vocal but at the end of the day I think "American Indians" outnumber them 3 to 1. So yeah, good for Australia, cause it's not the norm, it's just a fad and we all need to keep sh#t real......

Oh wait, I thought this was saying they were going to teach homosexuality is not the norm. Hmm, Nm, you suck Australia?
edit on 22-10-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

So let me see now.its ok to be gay, but its not ok to be a gay slut? Who has the right to judge that now ? Someone who is oppressing sexual freedom ? (just making the argument) Its not ok to be a slut in school in whatever gender you prefer, but once you are an adult, I don't care what you do?
I thought we agreed that children should not be having sex. It doesn't matter if it's homosexual or heterosexual sex.

Yes..we both agree on that , as well as other issues I'm sure..but if you agree that children shouldn't be having sex, because they are really too young to understand it fully, why are you agreeing with teaching them about it in school, and going to the point of of deciding what should be considered normal , natural ,and morally acceptable.?
edit on 22-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I don't think its fair to label any child as having a sexual preference before they are fully mature enough to actually understand what sex is about...and I would really hope that an adult wouldn't do that.
So you think that kids don't hear about gays even though they don't have the slightest idea about what it means? You're kidding. I first heard about "homos" when I was eleven and that was a long time ago. One of the big kids had to explain it to me. See, that's when the bullying starts. A quiet kid gets labeled as a queer. A kid who likes the wrong kind of music gets labeled as a queer. It doesn't even matter if they are or not, it's just something "different".

Of course, people like the writer of the article in the OP would have you believe that educating children about what gayness is involves going into great detail about instead of just saying that some boys like boys and some girls like girls.

edit on 10/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Perhaps the thought that because you are not of the most common sexual orientation, you are not worthy to be around other kids that have a different sexual orientation than you?

In a democratic society, things don't work that way. DEAL with it.

It's either you tolerate that kids have the right to not tolerate the image of two boys kissing at recess, or, you put your kid/teenager in a school that would accommodate those libertine values.

What you're suggesting is patently undemocratic. Programming children to see things in Unchristian, or Unjewish ways, thereby undermining the child's (and families) personal beliefs, is an infringement on free thinking.

If bullying exists, solve it in other ways, such as the way that I suggested: establish schools for such children.

It's obviously not so strange an idea since it's being debated right now in Toronto city halls.

How is that any different from separating children into different schools due to their color?

Reread what I wrote. Try a little harder this time to understand the difference in logic between segregation on grounds of skin color - which is superficial - and segregation in terms of sexual orientation - which is a matter of ethics. The former issue, racial discrimination, cannot in anyway shape or form be morally justified. In fact, it was never tolerated, since in Judaism, for example, there are Arab Jews, Black Jews etc. The latter issue challenges basic religious beliefs of millions of people. Beliefs which have a justifiable grounding in natural law.

The jury is still out on whether homosexuality is 'permanent' or a temporary state which could be overcome through therapy/medication. All the evidence seems to suggest that the brain is malleable; that thoughts can control emotions, which in turn control brain chemistry and so genetic predilection.

But even outside whether homosexuality can be reoriented to heterosexuality, this doesn't discount the fact that other people think differently and they are not morally required to abide by the moral beliefs of others.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
reply to post by SerialVelocity

YOU ARE WRONG

I have never bullied anyone in my life and tolerate gays and treat them equally as human beings, but I do not agree with teaching school children going through PUBERTY that 'HETROSEXISM FEEDS HOMOPHOBIA."

How can you educate children that homsexuality is normal?

I'm wrong it your eyes, not mine and not in the eyes of many of the other people around the world who accept people for who they are and realise that homosexuality is just as normal as heterosexuality. What makes you say it isn't normal by the way? Oh, and thanks for 'tolerating' the gay community, I am sure they appreciate it.

Homsexuality is normal?

How would the human race exist if this was the case? It is not the natural way.

Some people are born gay, they do not make a choice and I appreciate that. I think people have the right to be whatever they are, as long as they consent to it, but children going through puberty should not be told homsexuality is normal and a part of what is normal, because it almost certainly is not.

Yes it is normal as it is no choices, despite what YOU appear to think. It also occurs in other animals not just the human ones. QES it is normal. Please engage your brain before trying to debat this,

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There are going to be people in this world, who you just can not relate with, nor will you ever get them to see another point of view, other than their narrow minded, bigoted view of this world.

When they are not even reading the report correctly! lol laughable really.

However, its nice to know plenty of ignorant people outed themselves in this thread alone.

Its always good to see peoples true colors, and get a peak at their sick and twisted little worlds that they have boxed themselves into.

Nothing I say will change their minds.
But I can note which people are hateful, homophobic, narrow minded and more over so blind to the world around them, that they can not even see how they make themselves appear in this manifested reality.

And I can then, avoid them at all costs, as they have nothing to offer other than ad hominem, and trying to convince themselves and others they are not intolerant to gay people. Yet their very posts are full of nothing but ignorance and hate.

Keep on telling yourselves this.. over and over again. We see you for who you really are.

Thanks for outing yourselves here!

edit on 22-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

At the end of the day it is not the job of the education department to instill these values into children.
The "value" is that it is not right to persecute anyone because they are different. That's just a terrible thing to teach, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
*snip*
I do understand why though. They are bigots and are desperately trying to pretend their bigoted views are "mainstream". Luckily that's slowly changing and they're a dying race, just like religious fundamentalist nutjobs.

"Religious fundamentalist nutjobs"? ....and you are talking about other people being bigots? Wow.....

I guess tolerance only applies to certain groups these days.....

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

After reading this post I think we suck as well. I was raised to believe that homosexuality was not the norm in the early 70's which was fine by me as I am straight, but my 17 year old daughter has multiple gay friends male and female and I have had a difficult time accepting this.
It seems the do - gooders in the education system in an attempt to make gay kids accepted are taking things a little too far.
I am all for equality and for whatever floats your boat, but to say it is normal I believe takes it too far.
I don't think I am homophobic but the fact I don't have gay friends and I have struggled with the fact my kid does
makes me wonder.
I think full acceptance is still a ways off as people of my age (late 40"s) were not raised to accept and have deep seated resentment's, but I am trying for my kid's sake.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

Why do you assume I'd be in favour of the reverse?

So then, you don't have a problem with people thinking differently, and therefore, you're against this project to teach kids in school that 'sexual' preference is immaterial? Such a curriculum would undermine the beliefs of Christian, Jewish and Muslim children. You would have to forgo democratic principles to reshape society in the image you desire.

Using the state to affect a political agenda, if not 'patriarchal', fine, I will dub it a "matriarchal" nanny state that shovels contempt on the religious views of others they disagree with.

The dogmatic "Im right, youre wrong!" is still there.

So, I'm curious to see how sincere you were when you said

Why are we dealing in absolutes when there are so many nuances involved? See, that's generally what's involved in patriarchal structures - absolutes and hierarchies abound. Contempt and adversity is necessary for a patriarchal society to thrive, as is competition and conquest.

edit on 22-10-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What makes gays so special?
Not a thing. Except they are frequent targets of bullying.

What bothers me a little is that roughly 2% or 3% of the population are dictating the rules to the other 98% of the population (tail wagging the dog) and they are using extortion (hate crime propaganda and laws) to do it, isn't that bullying?
What rules?

If they want to stop bullying, which I agree with, stop it unilaterally.
Good idea. That's the main drive of the program.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Hmm... I guess you missed the part I posted about how it may affect you if you were one of these homosexual children and you were put in a different school based on sexual orientation. If you do not see the resemblance in thinking that segregation due to color is the same as segregation due to sexual preference is the same, that is your thing. I however, can see it is as what it is. It's only an argument in semantics in trying to justify one over the other at the end of the day. Perhaps we should tell these children that it doesn't matter if it makes them feel inferior to the heterosexual children that they are kept from, because it's just the way it is and should be.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Original article

Australian school children are to be told that heterosexuality is not the norm, according to a new education department pilot program called “Proud Schools.”

This is the orginal opener for the news report.

In thinking about this and reading all of the responses to the thread, once again the orginal intent has been misconstrued.

Heterosexuality is not the norm?

Utter Garbage. Of course it is the norm. Dare I say it but there is a gay agenda here.

My children will know the difference in sexuality, but they will not be getting it from the education departments "Program" they will not tell me when it is the right time, in fact they will serve me to educate my child in the frame work that is accepted.
edit on 22-10-2012 by magma because: spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

So based just on this, "despite the fact that there is no evidence that homophobic bullying is a big problem in NSW schools and despite the fact anti-homophobia elements are already incorporated in the existing PDHPE syllabus." ,more should be done and taught that bullying is wrong, full stop,which I would fully back.
Maybe you should read the facts from a less biased source:

Mr Piccoli defended the Proud Schools pilot currently running in 12 state schools.

But he said the steering committee material "will not be approved by the Department of Education for use in NSW classrooms".

"Proud Schools is a pilot which aims to assist schools to provide a safe and supportive environment for all students," Mr Piccoli said in a statement.

"No teaching and learning curriculum materials have been developed that are specific to the Proud Schools pilot but professional learning is being developed to assist schools to provide a safe and supportive environment for all students."

Mr Piccoli said the government would take all steps necessary to rid our schools of bullying.

"The coroner has made mention of homophobic bullying in cases of teenage suicide - this should serve as a reminder of the tragic consequences of bullying," Mr Piccoli said.

www.newstalkzb.co.nz...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yes..we both agree on that , as well as other issues I'm sure..but if you agree that children shouldn't be having sex, because they are really too young to understand it fully, why are you agreeing with teaching them about it in school, and going to the point of of deciding what should be considered normal , natural ,and morally acceptable.?
Why are you assuming they are being taught anything other than the fact that homosexuals exist and should not be treated differently because of it?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity
*snip*Do me a favour...so you're telling me you chose to be straight and could decide to change tomorrow if you wanted to?

It isn't that simple. Something can be both "not a choice" and "not normal" at the same time. Schizophrenics, for example, don't choose to be that way, but they are not considered "normal". Someone with a mental compulsion to steal isn't "normal", either, but they might have no conscious choice in their actions. Assuming that if one can't choose, then their actions must be normal, isn't a valid scientific point of view.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Heterosexuality is not the norm?

Utter Garbage. Of course it is the norm.
Yes. It is. Can you provide the actual document which is supposed to have said that is part of the program to tell children otherwise?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

At the end of the day it is not the job of the education department to instill these values into children.
The "value" is that it is not right to persecute anyone because they are different. That's just a terrible thing to teach, isn't it?

That is NOT what they are teaching phage , and you know it. They are teaching that it is as natural in life to be homosexual as it is to be heterosexual.

So by those words we shouldn't persecute or prosecute pedophiles, because they are different?

Many scientists already argue that they were just wired differently at birth, and can't help that they are attracted to children...much the same as the "scientific" logic they have used to promote and endorse homosexuality.

By the very same argument of people being "wired" differently , and not being persecuted for it, there will perhaps come a time where we will be taught not to judge pedophilia as well, because people did not choose to be born with that sexual preference, and should not be persecuted for it.

You will argue that it is different because it involves children , yet those who argue for freedom ,and non persecution of sexual orientation from birth may see it very differently...after all it is just an issue of "morality" when it comes to children, and many believe there is no such thing as real morality.

As someone already stated in this thread..many believe there is no right or wrong..everything is subjective to what you have been taught.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

That is NOT what they are teaching phage , and you know it. They are teaching that it is as natural in life to be homosexual as it is to be heterosexual.
And you know this, how? Have you been to the program? Have you seen the curriculum?

As someone already stated in this thread..many believe there is no right or wrong..everything is subjective to what you have been taught.
I don't believe that. But I don't believe it's wrong to be homosexual.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Yes it is.

But without a gay agenda. Otherwise it is not equality it is bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join