It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children to be taught 'heterosexuality not the norm' in Australian schools project

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Instead of teaching sex, schools should focus on reading, writing, math, science.
The entire world is dumbing down. Focus on learning math and science and let's
raise the collective IQ of the planet. Sex education is something to be taught at home.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by mc4denmark

So we can justify one natural phenomena yet because the other is Homophobic, it doesn't count? What if I see the world as my territory? Does that give me the right to defend it against homsexuals?

I'm assuming that you're a teenager. In which case I don't think you have the mental capacity to deal with this debate properly and should probably go to another discussion.

But, as you're here right now...

Animals also kill and eat the young of other animals, so does that mean you can go out and start eating babies?

The difference between the animal world and the Human world is that we are supposedly enlightened and civilised. It's arguable. But this is what we have as a society. You cannot undo it, you cannot transform the Human race overnight and therefore justify everything bigoted within your head.

In Human society is not acceptable to physically harm others. Deal with it, and if you cant deal with that, perhaps you should be living in a cell somewhere for the protection of society?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by mikeone718
I hope you pro homos out there are happy with this news.

This crap should be kept away from our children. It goes to show how bad its gotten with this agenda.

Which blatantly means you are homophobic.

IMO the majority of homophobic people are usually one of the following:

- Closeted gay
- In denial
- Under educated
- Brainwashed
- Or generally just not very nice people

You forgot to add religiously insane.

I firmly believe that we should have classed our societies as being in a pandemic of religious insanity a long time ago and fought for a cure. It's just not normal or natural to believe in an invisible sky wizard and live your life following a book. It's definitely not normal to spend your life dictating to others how they should live theirs.

It's just not natural, and therefore I believe that the religious should be stripped of their right to vote.

In all seriousness, I think being under educated is one of the most predominant causes for bigotry of any kind. There have been a lot of studies to show that those who believe in God and hold such bigoted beliefs about others also have pretty low IQ levels.

It seems to make sense too. Look at the way racists and homophobes communicate. They rarely propose their ideas clearly and sensibly. They never have any real facts or statistics, no evidence to support their beliefs. It's basically completely without reason.

They resolutely ignore the facts and scientific evidence (perhaps they have difficulty reading and comprehending?) They use religious quotes to hide the fact that they are losing the debate, and eventually concede with the ultimate stubborn response that it's their opinion and nothing will change it.

It's quite remarkable to see them reaching that stage, it's like a light has almost gone on in their head and they know that what they are saying is basically insane and without any form of reason or logic, but the bigotry wins out because they are more comfortable with that than they are with the idea that they've been a complete tool for their entire life.

It's fascinating to watch them having that little meltdown. And it proves that facts will beat religious dogma every single time, whether they want to accept that or not

Well said! - Forgot to add 'by religion' after the word 'brainwashed'

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Instead of teaching sex, schools should focus on reading, writing, math, science.
The entire world is dumbing down. Focus on learning math and science and let's
raise the collective IQ of the planet. Sex education is something to be taught at home.

Except that it often isn't taught at home, or what kids are taught is incorrect, or religiously biased.

Like it or not, we need sex education in schools. Without it teen pregnancy will sky-rocket, ignorance and myth will spread, sexual diseases will increase, suicides amongst the young will also increase.

I believe we need a mixture of both home and school education. School is where the FACTS come from, home is where the spirituality and beliefs come from. That's fine and dandy and is how it should continue. People can teach their kids what they "believe" but it should be considered child abuse to deny children the FACTS and instead fill their brains with religious dogma.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Well come on.. you use the animal kingdom to justify homosexuality in humans.... Its natural and normal. You can't just take one example and deny the rest because the do not agree with your views. Animal do heaps of things that are natural that humans will not go near. Maybe Mothers should start eating the placentas of their new born babies as well because it is also a natural thing in the animal kingdom.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

How can it not be natural? Are you suggesting homosexuality was created in a lab by scientists?

People don't wake one day and think to themselves 'Hmm, today I think I'll be gay.'

This OP is utter nonsense, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the report turns out to be untrue. I don't think any council anywhere would teach that heterosexuality is not the norm. I bet all they're doing is teaching children that if they do happen to be gay then that's not something weird and freakish but just part of who they are. The source hardly appears unbiased. Is it possible that they're twisting the truth to support their own regressive, fundamentalist, right-wing agenda? God forbid that people should people be different from one another!

I'm sick and tired of people who say things like

I'm not homophobic in any way whatsoever, I know gay people, but it is wrong to promote the idea that homosexuality is normal.

That's how you're being homophobic. It's like saying 'I'm not racist but I do believe white people are superior to black people'. If you think homosexuality is not normal or unnatural the you are a homophobe. End of.

Pure ignorant, bigotry.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Well come on.. you use the animal kingdom to justify homosexuality in humans.... Its natural and normal. You can't just take one example and deny the rest because the do not agree with your views. Animal do heaps of things that are natural that humans will not go near. Maybe Mothers should start eating the placentas of their new born babies as well because it is also a natural thing in the animal kingdom.

Actually using the nature argument again easily dismisses your statement. To expand on the previous gentleman's post yes humans have developed their own laws but again in the animal kingdom you see pack animals having a system of law in order among them as well . Ours is only more developed. And ours punishes those who go around attacking others.

So again the natural order is in place. Further homosexuality is harmless whilst running around targeting a group for acts of violence is not.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you, many Human mothers do just that all around the world. It's highly nutritious and many medical professionals would actually recommend it for improved health after giving birth.

You're still ignoring the fact (see, another example of blatant ignorance) that we consider ourselves a civilized species. Violence is generally not excused, because we have the ability to comprehend our actions.

Fact - homophobia does not exist in the animal kingdom, because they are not brainwashed by ignorant parents to hate others based on that.
Fact - unjustified violence is not acceptable in the Human race because we have the ability to comprehend that we are EQUALS.

Again, I'm going to assume from your posts that you are a teenager, and again I would suggest that you're probably not informed enough for this debate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Well, its common knowlegde that the sexual orientation is defined by the DNA of the specific human, and it does not hurt anyone else, as opposed to the violence and killings of the animal kingdom. Thats where the ethics come in, the only ones who seems to get hurt over homosexuality is the ones against it.

As humans, we should be able to understand different in each other and accept it, as long as the nature of ones behavior does not hurt another.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I'm assuming that you're a teenager. In which case I don't think you have the mental capacity to deal with this debate properly and should probably go to another discussion.

I'm assuming your a homosexual...

In Human society is not acceptable to physically harm others. Deal with it, and if you cant deal with that, perhaps you should be living in a cell somewhere for the protection of society?

So the animal kingdom doesn't justify homosexuality like people are trying to push in this thread?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Except that it often isn't taught at home, or what kids are taught is incorrect, or religiously biased.

What you consider 'incorrect' or wrong due to being 'religiously biased' is what others consider to be correct. It's none of our business what parents decide to teach their kids about sexuality.

Example .. I favor 'marriage equality' (Gay Marriage Rights). My neighbor is conservative Catholic and teaches her children to respect those with same sex attraction but that, according to their religion, it's wrong. I am 'correct' to teach my daughter that being gay is fine and that woman is 'correct' to teach her children that being gay goes against their religion. I wouldn't want a school telling my daughter that gay people are 'evil' and that woman wouldn't want any school telling her children that being gay is 'okay with god'.

It is wrong for any school to teach over the heads of parents when it comes to sex.
They should just stay out of it. If bullying happens, then they have the power to step in.

And considering how lousy the test scores of American children are compared with other countries .. the schools are severely deficient when it comes to teaching math, reading, and science. The schools should stick with trying to teach those things and leave the 'sex stuff' to the parents. It isn't the job of the schools to teach sex ... it's the job of the schools to teach math, science and reading. Considering that they are failing in that area, they really shouldn't be branching out into other areas that they simply have no business in anways.

Stick to teaching math, science and reading. Leave the sex stuff for the parents.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

So the animal kingdom doesn't justify homosexuality like people are trying to push in this thread?

The animal kingdom does not care about homosexuality, because its a natural tendency in both humans an animals. The justification of homosexuality in humans, comes from understanding and knowledge, because we have a tendency to judge what we don't understand

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

If people want to be homosexuals, good on them. Push the subject on my children, then you are interferring in my life. Don't introduce homosexuality to my children and don't use their place of education to do it. People don't pay top dollar for their children to learn about homosexuals. If it was a university subject, then it may be different.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
OMG some many people say their not anti gay and then they go and bloody say its not natural. If it not natural why does nearly every animal species have its own gay community then?

Kinda of disgusting that the 2nd post on this site got so any stars, i don't bring up my kids to hate people for what comes natural to them (loving the same sex).

This site has really gone downhill.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you, many Human mothers do just that all around the world. It's highly nutritious and many medical professionals would actually recommend it for improved health after giving birth.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww .... I had to google that ....
(seriously .. I just had breakfast and I threw up a bit in my mouth!)

I regret eating my placenta

Huffington Post - Eating the Placenta, January Jones did it but not all moms onboard

Washington Post - Some Mothers See Health Benefits In Eating Their Placenta After Giving Birth

Okay .. wild stuff ... I had no idea. But still
to me. Self cannibalism.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

1. Yes, I am gay. You're quite the Dr Holmes aren't you?

2. No, read the thread again because I think you missed the part where the OP suggested that homosexuality is not natural.

Violence is natural, yes. It obviously is because it exists in nature all around us. To say it's not natural is an oxymoron.

But, violence is illegal, because it harms people. Like it or not, you are not permitted to physically harm others. What part of this are you not getting?

Homosexuality is a natural state of sexuality. There is even evidence to suggest that it is transient, altering over time (for instance those in prison or the military often experience same sex encounters). The sexuality of one person has absolutely no bearing on anyone else. The fact that I have relationships with men is of absolutely no consequence to you at all. It doesn't affect your life in any way.

Violence, on the other hand, does! The fact that I have relationships with men is nothing to do with you. But you claiming the right to physically harm others clearly does affect all those around you.

Let me try and put it this way for simplicity...

Homosexuality and violence toward others both exist in nature. Homosexuality doesn't harm or affect anyone. Violence against others obviously harms people, and therefore is illegal.

Do we finally get it? Have you worked out the difference between a person violently attacking another, and the act of loving the person you choose to love?

link   

If people want to be homosexuals, good on them. Push the subject on my children, then you are interferring in my life. Don't introduce homosexuality to my children and don't use their place of education to do it. People don't pay top dollar for their children to learn about homosexuals. If it was a university subject, then it may be different.

So you dont want them to have access to the knowledge about the subject. Please correct me, but is that not what they call to be ignorant?

link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by mikeone718
I hope you pro homos out there are happy with this news.

This crap should be kept away from our children. It goes to show how bad its gotten with this agenda.

Which blatantly means you are homophobic.

IMO the majority of homophobic people are usually one of the following:

- Closeted gay
- In denial
- Under educated
- Brainwashed
- Or generally just not very nice people

Or of the religious type? Not just any, I mean like the crazy american "god hates fags" Romney crowd.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'm sorry but what you said was quite idiotic.
No one is pushing ANYTHING on your children, the only person doing that is YOU.
I don't see what's wrong with children being taught that some people are gay, and that's okay. Because that's all this is about. Then people like you come along screaming "they're turnin our kids gayyy"
No you just don't like gay people.
Hate to break it to you but YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You could replace homosexuals with "black people" quite easily and sound like someone from decades past.

How is homosexuality being "introduced" to kids? Through education!? Oh, I feel someone is about to rush out to the village green and call for a book burning

Here's the deal... state education is out of your hands. You want your kids to be educated and you don't want to do it yourself? Then you better get used to the idea of your kids learning actual facts. Some of those facts you might not like.

Like it or not, sex is a part of life. And like it or not, homosexuality is a part of Human sexuality. These are FACTS, and that is what education is for.

If you don't like your kids being educated with real facts and data, then I would suggest you take your kids out of the state schools and send them to a religious brainwashing factory instead, where they can be lied to repeatedly until they are old enough to go out into the world and find that it is completely different to what they were told and are therefore ill-equipped to do anything or get anywhere.

Incidentally, those who raise their children refusing them facts and filling their head with voids or religious dogma are giving their kids a disadvantage.

What will happen when their kid is being fired from every job they have because they're racist, homophobic, sexist, preaching to others, or generally being a horrid person who doesn't function well in society?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join