It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEHIND THE VEIL: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Originally posted by Annee
I really don't see it any different then Christians wearing a cross. Mormons don't wear a cross because it focuses on Christ's death - - rather then a living Christ.

And that's where you're wrong. It's not about "his death" but rather the sacrifice he made to save mankind from evil. So when you wear a cross, you're showing that you remember what he did and are grateful for it.

But other then that, I could care less about the Mormon church. I added my reply and what I thought, what I read.

The Mormon's absolutely believe "his death" was made in sacrifice to mankind.

It is not where they choose to dwell on or focus. They choose to focus on a Living Christ. It's far more positive to focus on a Living Resurrected Christ.

Mormons do have pins/rings and such with the initials CTR. It means Choose the Right. Choose to live/act righteously.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
After the seremony me and my sister were asked to one room, we were sat down and male talked about their religion and what is sin etc, this took about hour and to me it was more like a brainwashing and i kept asking to permission to leave many times.

That is wrong.

They are supposed to ask your permission. If you asked to leave they should have honored that.

Just like any other religion - - some individuals get overzealous.

As far as receiving material - - - no different then other religions who believe they are supposed to prosthelytize.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Do Mormon's accept the fundamental Christian teaching of the Trinity?

Oh here we go again.

My Christ believe is right and yours is wrong.

"I'm more Christian then you are because I believe . . . . "

Whatever!

edit on 21-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's completely bogus -- the Horus comparison to Jesus is passed off as true, but almost all of it is incorrect. Here's a typical refutation -- scroll down about 1/2 way to see a point by point rebuttal to your graphic (look for red text.)

It's kinda ironic that in that web page you posted says "Zeitgeist's Bogus Sources" but yet in its own refutations of Zeitgeist, it links to blogs and opinion based theory's on horus itself, we could argue forever over certain details, and i could link you to a million facts to back my claim, but yet the simple glaring fact is, the similarities of both story's are amazing, no matter how much a christians try's to make out the bible is unique to them.

edit on 21-10-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

God is superior human but still flesh and blood.
Jesus is a brother of Satan, his crucifixion saved us from original sin.
There are countless Gods, every decent man can be raised as a God. Salvation is not in blood of Christ it is in polygamy.
There is no salvation outside their church, no female can be saved without a mormon husband.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
To an outsider, the rituals of many religions would appear "strange". To a non-Catholic, the Stations of the Cross, or many other rituals would seem odd. To a non-Jew, or a non-Muslim, I am sure many of their rituals would seem bizarre. To look at one video, and judge that something is wrong with a religion, based on their rituals, seems a bit extreme.

One of my son's best friends while growing up was a Mormon. I found their family to be marvelous, and their children to be among the most well-brought-up, well-balanced children of all of his friends. Their parenting was impressive. I never had qualms about allowing my son to visit or sleep over at their house, and his friend was always welcomed as part of our family as well. My son and I went to their church on occasion for sporting events, as they welcomed my son on their sports teams after our local team was dissolved. Although I did find it unusual when they called each other "brother" and "sister", etc., I fully realized the strangeness was just because I was not used to their custom. They never tried in any way to pressure my son or convert him, but did show him by good example how people should treat each other. Even their youth sporting events were more "Christian" in how competitors treated each other than any other leagues I have seen. They make an effort to teach their youth the true meaning of Christianity.

The Mormon church has faults, as most organized religion does, but I do not think that they in any way deserve to be singled out as any worse than other religion.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
the similarities of both story's are amazing, no matter how much a christians try's to make out the bible is unique to them.

Here's another example: The flood of Noah vs. the flood of Gilgamesh
www.icr.org...

Way too many similarities to ignore the fact that the biblical flood myth was drawn from the earlier Assyrian story..

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

MAN told you this.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

the similarities of both story's are amazing, no matter how much a christians try's to make out the bible is unique to them.

Here's another example: The flood of Noah vs. the flood of Gilgamesh
www.icr.org...

Way too many similarities to ignore the fact that the biblical flood myth was drawn from the earlier Assyrian story..

Oh yeah.

Not to mention there is Zero proof of any kind that "Mythical Biblical Jesus" existed.

I like to use the Johnny Appleseed myth. This happened in a time where there are real facts vs myth. There was a real Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman). The myth and the facts are just not the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway - - the Temple "ritual" is about the history of man's creation and death. Its that simple.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There are countless Gods, every decent man can be raised as a God. Salvation is not in blood of Christ it is in polygamy.
There is no salvation outside their church, no female can be saved without a mormon husband.

Exactly, none of that is Christian. They are NOT Christians.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah

The Mormon church has faults, as most organized religion does, but I do not think that they in any way deserve to be singled out as any worse than other religion.

I loved being Mormon. Except for the religious part and I officially resigned because of their involvement in Prop 8.

They are amazing people and have an amazing organization.

Romney being Mormon is the only reason I'd vote for him.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Top 10 Mormon Problems Explained

Here in this vid it explains how smith was a con man and made all this mormon rubbish up, its just a cult that smith created to sleep with women and young girls.

All religions are made up, and are essentially cults. Some more recently than others. It is a way of leading people and also a way to keep them in line.

Who knows though, they may have one thing right. Their god comes from near the planet kobo. If there ever was anyone godlike that visited earth it would have been an alien. Notice I said godlike...

So I can safely assume this video was created to damage Romney? Everyone in the US has the right to practice their own religion, without the fear of religous prosecution. So this really was a waste of their time. Irregardless of their temple practices, on a whole, they're usually very caring and moral people. And myself, I would trust a morman before most others.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So many ceremonies, so many man-made rituals; all of which mean nothing to the Lord. Jesus taught us:

John 14:6(KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Being Christian, I find atheism ridiculous, but still agree the mormons are really weird

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

Those are extraneous beliefs. Many churches have them. The more important question is does a church accept the fundamental doctrine which would define it as being Christian or not being Christian? There are just a few fundamentals and the Trinity is one of those.
edit on 21-10-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Do Mormon's accept the fundamental Christian teaching of the Trinity? The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons:

God is the Father
God is the Son
God is the Holy Spirit

The three are one in the same essence. According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire.

Do Mormon's fully accept this teaching?

This is a question that has a yes or a no answer.

No, they do not. There are an unknown number of gods, and if you are a good Mormon, and are married and sealed in a Temple ceremony when you die, you will become a god and be given your own planet to rule over. Well, if you're male, that is.

Fortunately, since 1978, you can even be a black male -- prior to that, blacks were considered a cursed race, descendants of Cain.

While I think it's silly and overblown, this cartoon lists a number of the wigged out claims of LDS over the years. Not all are still considered valid, but they were at one time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Those fundamental beliefs are subjective. One religion can not tell another religion what their fundamental beliefs should be. If the definition of Christianity varies between organized religions, one is no more superior than any other in determining what is false or what is the truth. Each religion determines their own truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It's kinda ironic that in that web page you posted says "Zeitgeist's Bogus Sources" but yet in its own refutations of Zeitgeist, it links to blogs and opinion based theory's on horus itself, we could argue forever over certain details, and i could link you to a million facts to back my claim, but yet the simple glaring fact is, the similarities of both story's are amazing, no matter how much a christians try's to make out the bible is unique to them.

The similarities of both stories are NOT amazing, because the so-called similarities are fiction, almost all of that stuff about Horus is made up. Historical documents demonstrate how Horus died, for example, and it wasn't by crucifixion. There is nothing to say that Horus was born on 25 December (and nothing to say that Jesus was, either, for that matter.)

Here's an atheist ripping it apart -- even though it would obviously be in his best interests to be correct.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
You're asking me how Mormonism is weird? Seriously? One weird thing, "Holy underwear". Another weird thing, "If you're not Mormon, you can't visit a Mormon wedding". Like lets say your son becomes Mormon but you don't. Forget about taking part in his wedding! And the fact that God supposedly sits on a throne on Kolob.

There's a ton more.

So is there ANY religion that is not weird?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join