It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEHIND THE VEIL: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Your post shows a basic lack of knowledge and understanding of history and religion. You don't understand that there is the need to differentiate between denominations within the body of Christ and non-Christian cults. How is a cult defined? As groups claiming to be Christian but denying one or more of the essentials of the Christian faith. Islam and Buddhism are entirely separate religions. There is a difference.

The Trinity is considered as a fundamental belief by virtually every single main line Christian denomination.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
reply to post by TheMaverick

Being Christian, I find atheism ridiculous, but still agree the mormons are really weird

In my 60 year quest to find God and truth in religion - - Atheism was the result

I was Mormon for 5 years. They are not weird at all. Some of the most stable and real people I've ever met - - who live their religion 24/7.

Because YOU are ignorant makes Them weird? I don't think so.

Official LDS - - - not the off shoot fundamentalists like Warren Jeffs. That's like saying all Christians are like the Westboro church.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
You don't understand that there is the need to differentiate between denominations within the body of Christ and non-Christian cults. How is a cult defined? As groups claiming to be Christian but denying one or more of the essentials of the Christian faith. Islam and Buddhism are entirely separate religions. There is a difference.

The Trinity is considered as a fundamental belief by virtually every single main line Christian denomination.

It only matters to people like you.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Who is to say what the "real" definition is, when it is determined by a certain segment of Christianity? That is their opinion. I was born and raised Catholic, and went to Catholic school my entire life, and sat through daily Theology classes almost every day from kindergarten through 12th grade. What I learned, after all those years of being "told" what reality is and what religion is - is that this is only their opinion. Just because they said so, does not make it the truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

People.Like.Me.

So judgmental yet you don't even know me.

I am currently agnostic, but I know a great deal about this.

People like me indeed.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

There is this thing called history and historical truth. All the relativism in the world won't change that.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

People.Like.Me.

So judgmental yet you don't even know me.

I am currently agnostic, but I know a great deal about this.

People like me indeed.

Tsk Tsk. Are you denying you care?

You are presenting one specific way of believing. And claiming they are right. Why would you do that?

If I stated "all men have to walk on the north side of the street and all women have to walk on the south side of the street" - - does that mean only I am right? And you have to adhere to my way of thinking?

As far as I'm concerned - - any person who claims Jesus as their personal Savior and follows no other god - - is Christian. No one has the right to tell them they aren't.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Mormons and JW's are both cults! When they come to your door this is what you do.....

How are they cults?

Define cult.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well then by your own logic I am the pot and you are the kettle. I gave you the definition of a cult already on this page.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

There is this thing called history and historical truth. All the relativism in the world won't change that.

And who wrote these historical "truths"?

Man did.

"History goes to the victor" and when the victor changes hands - - history often gets rewritten.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well then by your own logic I am the pot and you are the kettle. I gave you the definition of a cult already on this page.

Did I ask you to define cult?

BTW - - Buddhism is not a religion.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Being a atheist, i find all religion ridiculous, but the mormons are really weird, and as seen as the world superpower may well have a Mormon Bishop as commander and chief soon, i though some of you should see some of the weird stuff they do, and how they take a secret oath, known as the "Law of Consecration" were by they consecrate there life, time, talents and everything they will ever be blessed with, to the Mormon church and it's goal to achieve a worldwide theocracy headed by Mormons.

wait wait........I thought the religion of the person who would be president didnt matter?

Wasnt that what everyone said about Obama , when people accused him of being a closet Muslim?

Funny how now the left goes on the attack with Mitts religion.......

The double standard and vitriol is sickening

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Being a atheist, i find all religion ridiculous, but the mormons are really weird, and as seen as the world superpower may well have a Mormon Bishop as commander and chief soon, i though some of you should see some of the weird stuff they do, and how they take a secret oath, known as the "Law of Consecration" were by they consecrate there life, time, talents and everything they will ever be blessed with, to the Mormon church and it's goal to achieve a worldwide theocracy headed by Mormons.

What I think is weird is your intolerance of people who believe in something other than you do. It's quite obvious you are an atheist.

Further more, how is being consecrated any different from being baptized, receiving communion, being Bar Mitzvah'ed, etc.......?????

It seems to me you are uncomfortable with rituals.

Instead of learning tolerance for other members of earth, you come to a conspiracy site to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Where you get worldwide theocracy out of members of a faith, when if you are not even allowed in a temple is beyond me.

Who's next on your witch hunt?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Akragon
Their book of Nephi has entire chapters that were taken verbatim from the KJV bible

Where was the KJV bible taken from?

It's not like its an original work someone can plagiarize.

Thats not the issue my dear...

They claim Jesus himself came to the nephites...

the issue is... jesus was obviously carrying his copy of the KJV bible when he came...

hardly a believable story....

The more likely story is that Mr. Smith took the story directly from the KJV, and lied about its origins to people that didn't know any better

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The more likely story is that Mr. Smith took the story directly from the KJV, and lied about its origins to people that didn't know any better

Anything's possible actually.

Joseph Smith was a "seer" (a medium) before he turned his vision of Christ and all that goes with it into a "new / old" god belief.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
dosnt look any more ridiculous than what chrsitians, jews, muslims do in their places of gathering.
plus all (thiest) religions want a future where the entire world follows their religion. so its really nothing strange going on in the video.

nice attempt at morman bashing by the OP though.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Anything's possible actually.

Joseph Smith was a "seer" (a medium) before he turned his vision of Christ and all that goes with it into a "new / old" god belief.

You're misunderstanding the contradiction -- the BoM was supposed to be on golden plates that had been buried prior to 500AD, so how did the text of a book from 1600AD show up in it? Time machines?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

wait wait........I thought the religion of the person who would be president didnt matter? Wasnt that what everyone said about Obama , when people accused him of being a closet Muslim? Funny how now the left goes on the attack with Mitts religion.......
The double standard and vitriol is sickening

Hang on i'm english, and have no stake in who runs america, and have never claimed to side with obama or romney(both are funded by the same corporate powers anyway it's just a big expensive entertainment show to make you believe in choice, but thats another thread ), i was posting this thread about the strange rituals these mormons do in private.

Anyway religion and politics always ends in tears.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

We will never have world peace while religion exist's..

I hate religion, it's brings out the worse in man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join