It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEHIND THE VEIL: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
BEHIND THE VEIL: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

Being a atheist, i find all religion ridiculous, but the mormons are really weird, and as seen as the world superpower may well have a Mormon Bishop as commander and chief soon, i though some of you should see some of the weird stuff they do, and how they take a secret oath, known as the "Law of Consecration" were by they consecrate there life, time, talents and everything they will ever be blessed with, to the Mormon church and it's goal to achieve a worldwide theocracy headed by Mormons.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thank you for this. I was always curious what happened behind those amazing looking temples they have.

EDIT: This is amazing! It's like they still carry on child sacrifices but it's just pretend. I wonder if this video goes viral it could ruin Romney.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Socrato because: Added to post after watching vid.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Interesting, I am 20/Male Born a Mormon myself & find this interesting, I know i reaally shouldn't be watching this video but i couldn't help it, I am from a family of 4 brothers & 4 sisters including me, "youngest" all my brothers have served a full time mission expect me yet.. I KNOW sometimes religion goes on about certain things very strangely but iv come to know what this church is really about.. No i am not brain washed for i believe in their teachings of good moral standards truly brings everlasting happiness though, right now i am finding it hard to believe if the book of Mormon is true.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I know it would be 100% impossible for what the church teach's to ruin mitt Romney

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Funny.

I've been to a mormon wedding (of a friend) and the 'consecration' (baptism) of his 3 children, and none of this happened.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I personally don't believe the book of Mormon is true. I mean, I asked a friend of mine once where the so-called 'Holy' plates went, if there was any evidence of them, and he told me that they went up to Heaven.

Sure, it's in the book, but words mean nothing when it comes to hard-truth and proof.

However, I also think this video is just some strange concoction made to spread confusion.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Funny.

I've been to a mormon wedding (of a friend) and the 'consecration' (baptism) of his 3 children, and none of this happened.

You didn't do any of this in a temple though. Most likely just their church. If your not a member in good standing you aren't allowed into these temples.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Of course the book of Mormons is NOT true, it was written by a known con man, its absolutely ridiculous, its nothing more then a successful cult.

And why mormons were doing this crap in the vid and other religions doing the same kind of rubbish with secret oaths and missions from imaginary gods, science were sending back live feeds from mars soil samples, and redbull was dropping a man 24 miles up, from the edge of space.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Yes i kind of agree with hard proof, Each time i read an article about a new discovery with science, Atoms, Space etc etc i start to question things about the church, THOUGH as i said before i am a SOLID believer on the good standards they set for youth...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
reply to post by FeelingPure

I personally don't believe the book of Mormon is true. I mean, I asked a friend of mine once where the so-called 'Holy' plates went, if there was any evidence of them, and he told me that they went up to Heaven.

Sure, it's in the book, but words mean nothing when it comes to hard-truth and proof.

However, I also think this video is just some strange concoction made to spread confusion.

The mysterious plates that can only be read with seer stones (oh, and a hat). It's hard to swallow some of what the Latterdays say happened. Especially since no one besides Joseph Smith could supposedly read these tablets. If you can believe the beginning of the story then the rest of it becomes manageable as well. I too express doubt on it authenticity. Especially when it suggests black colored skin is from the curse of Cain. That never goes over to well.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

It seems Scientology is the most logical religion in our days, i guess, i don't know what do you think op?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
reply to post by Socrato

I know it would be 100% impossible for what the church teach's to ruin mitt Romney

I doubt is also. I will say that every Latterday Saint I have ever met was an outstanding individual. I attended their church for awhile out of curiosity and was well impressed with the way they held themselves and the community they have towards one another.
If it wasn't for the Book of Mormon being controversial more people would join or accept Latterday Saints due to their one big family organization.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Top 10 Mormon Problems Explained

Here in this vid it explains how smith was a con man and made all this mormon rubbish up, its just a cult that smith created to sleep with women and young girls.

edit on 21-10-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Iv actually all ready seen this video of Mitz Nelson, Its sad to see her go through what she went through, As a Mormon i would never want anyone to experience what she went through obviously she didn't want to be a Mormon with her situation it must have been hard having a partner like him not accepting what she wanted to do, Iv seen many religions that cause trouble within relationships even within our LDS Church! But you can't blame the church! everyone has free agency the ability to make your own decision, If you don't want to be in a church then don't! but don't call us EVIL , Satan followers because we do more good services then sad little break ups in family's occur in our church!!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't have anything against Mormons, had a couple of young men visit me often trying to convert me. I always welcomed them into my home to talk about religion in general and of Mormonism. They never did convert me, but I did enjoy the discussions and learning about Mormonism.

I just feel that Mormonism is a strange way to believe in God. I feel that Jehova Witnesses are even stranger, and even dangerous. But that's another story. (Not meaning to offend anyone.)

It's interesting to see what goes on behind closed doors. I never cared much for that baptizing deal, but I look at it this way: If I'm wrong and they're right, my butt is saved. If I'm right and their wrong, no harm done!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How is this weird?

People are so lame when they can't have something other people have.

Its just a re-enactment of God's creation of earth and man up until man dies then goes through the veil and is greeted on the other side by someone who has previously crossed over (in the way Mormon's believe it). Its really that simple.

They are Christians with a twist. They read and study the bible. The Book of Mormon is additional history they believe. It does not replace the bible.

As far as the baptism for the dead goes - - as Christians believe you have to be baptized to be with God.

The baptism is OFFERED - - - the person who is Posthumously baptized can reject the baptism. So NO - - no Jewish person is being baptized unless in the "afterworld" they choose to accept it.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're asking me how Mormonism is weird? Seriously? One weird thing, "Holy underwear". Another weird thing, "If you're not Mormon, you can't visit a Mormon wedding". Like lets say your son becomes Mormon but you don't. Forget about taking part in his wedding! And the fact that God supposedly sits on a throne on Kolob.

There's a ton more.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
But you can't blame the church! everyone has free agency the ability to make your own decision, If you don't want to be in a church then don't! but don't call us EVIL , Satan followers because we do more good services then sad little break ups in family's occur in our church!!

Its ridiculous. People (or ex Mormons) who make a big deal about leaving Mormonism and finding Christ through Christianity.

There are at least 3500 official "Christian" sects in the USA alone. Each has its own difference on the story of Christ and Christ is their savior.

Mormons are Christians too. Christ is their only Savior. Only in my experience Mormons feel insulted if you call them Christians.

Its just stupid. Just because Mormons believe something is sacred to devout believers - - - those who aren't a part of it make up all kinds of nefarious conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by Annee

You're asking me how Mormonism is weird? Seriously? One weird thing, "Holy underwear".

Sacred Garments. And they are not the only religion who wears Sacred Garments.

I really don't see it any different then Christians wearing a cross. Mormons don't wear a cross because it focuses on Christ's death - - rather then a living Christ.

Another weird thing, "If you're not Mormon, you can't visit a Mormon wedding".

Wrong. Mormons can get married in their local church (ward). Everyone can come to a wedding in the church.

Temple weddings are different. To go to Temple you have to have a "recommend" - - requirements of good standing. Mormons who do not have a "recommend" can not go to Temple either.

It is the choice of the bride and groom on where they want to marry. If they exclude family members - - its their doing - - not the churches.

Kolob.

Another planet. Worlds without number.

This part makes far more sense to me then some Omnipotent God deciding to create earth and humans. Was it a slow day for him?

I'd say about 99% of what you read on the internet about Mormons is garbage.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Jehovah and Elohim as two separate Gods ? That's a new one on me. I , wrongly it seems, assumed they were just different names for the same entity. Also, unless I am mistaken, isn't "Elohim" a plural word in Hebrew ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join