It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.3 EQ California

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Looks like a shaker.

Anyone down there to report?

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

24 minutes ago
Magnitude: 5.3
DateTime: Sunday October 21 2012, 06:55:09 UTC
Region: Central California
Depth: 9.4 km
Source: USGS Feed

And a 4.9 to boot.

edit on 21-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Breaking News: There has been an earthquake in a seismicly active area.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Smart Ass Alert!

NOT breaking news tho...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
yeah i used to live in ca(went through the loma preitta quake in 89) and 5.3 inst that high by most californians standards but still it seems like that area has been pretty active tonight so hopefully its just the fault blowing off steam

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
yeah i used to live in ca(went through the loma preitta quake in 89) and 5.3 inst that high by most californians standards but still it seems like that area has been pretty active tonight so hopefully its just the fault blowing off steam

Hopeful as well.

Hasn't been a 5.0+ for awhile tho. I also noticed the 4.9 just shortly afterwards.

Damn, I hate seeing the Big Red Dots down there.

Peace

edit on 21-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Info being updated here as it happens

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Everyday we get in CA is a blessing...lol...if I didn't Love my family so much would leave here tomorrow......have lived through two major earthquakes....scary as hell.....I Love CA....but we are on "borrowed" time....yikes......

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sunday October 21 2012, 07:37:47 UTC 4 minutes ago Central California 3.7 USGS

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Everyday we get in CA is a blessing...lol...if I didn't Love my family so much would leave here tomorrow......have lived through two major earthquakes....scary as hell.....I Love CA....but we are on "borrowed" time....yikes......

Yup,

It's the old "Not if but when" conundrum.

It WILL happen. WHEN?

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I lived in Chino Hills for a couple years when I was around 8-9 y/o. There were 4.0s all the way up to the 6.8 Northridge quake in '94

California didn't slide in to the Pacific then and it won't now

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I was on San Fran in 89 holidaying ....I will never forget it for the rest of my life.First quake and the last quake I have ever felt.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I didn't feel squat Jude ! I'm pretty far away tho, So. Calif, Apple Valley. I just hope it wasn't a meteor !

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Meteors cause earthquakes? I never heard of such a thing.

Anyways, is 5.3 a particularly large quake for that area? Just doesn't seem that worrisome to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Santa Maria Calif here and felt it as if it was 2.7 - 3. I lived 23 in Fremont so I do know what the different levels feel like. This one down here felt like a roller and I counted 12 seconds. There was no sudden jar just rolling. This is a good indication the it took place a distance away.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I live at China Lake in the high desert about 200 miles away and i felt the 5.3 just before midnight.

But i live in a class A motor home on jacks and its very sensitive to EQ shakng

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

I lived in Chino Hills for a couple years when I was around 8-9 y/o. There were 4.0s all the way up to the 6.8 Northridge quake in '94

Nice to have a fortune teller in our midst.

Every disaster in history has had the same naysayers. Those are usually the ones that perish because they just knew more than everyone else...without proof.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by randyvs

Meteors cause earthquakes? I never heard of such a thing.

Anyways, is 5.3 a particularly large quake for that area? Just doesn't seem that worrisome to me.

Never heard of the idea of meteor slamming into the earth and registering a magnitude either have ya ?
Well I wouldn't be worried if it were both an eathquake and a meteor.

So nah !

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

The other day i realized how that concept got embedded into my mind for so many years.
I watched superman again.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I felt it all the way in Fresno. it was definitely a roller, felt it roll across the house. Like someone rolled under my chair. havent felt one like that here in a long time.

Silver

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lots of people felt this one!!! earthquake-report.com...

Lot

Long Neck - Just felt a second tremor today. The whole house shook. I lived San Diego, and it's definitely nothing like what I'm used to, but this is weird. I grew up in Delaware and don't remember anything like this! Seaville, NJ - Heard a rumble and felt light shaking in house with rattling of doors and windows. Merced, ca - Sitting in living room at 11:49 pm. Large window started rattling and then I felt a stronger shaking and moving. Tulare, CA - outside watching foxnews on my laptop and for a second I thought somebody was messing with my chair, yet i'm out back alone. My room mates came running out back and asked me, confirming what I had thought. Seaside, California - Felt a quick jolt followed by a second jolt 8 seconds later Visalia, CA - 11:58 pm October 20 felt floor shaking. Windows, ceiling and walls were moving and you could hear the movement. Only lasted about 5 seconds San Luis Obispo - short perod of time Fresno, CA - sitting at computer, and felt brief movement Fresno, Californing - happened on Saturday, 10-20-2012 at 11:59 PM. I'm at my computer and the monitor started shaking then the desk and chair...trying to figure our if it's from up north or from down south. Georgette Bersani Fresno - Felt my bed rocking and then windows cracking. Sanger, CA - Felt the floor shake at about 11:55 pm. UNITED STATES - long Pismo beach, ca - Laying bed and whole bed was shaking!!! Fresno, Ca - I was sitting on my couch felt like something was pushing on my back from behind. The water in my fish tank was going crazy. Santa Maria, CA - Couple of light shakes and the lamp was swinging UNITED STATES - rumbled, rolled, rocked rolled away. los banos,ca - layin here on computer felt some shaking Arroyo Grande, California - Windows rattled and hanging items swung but nothing fell. Hanford - Bed shook a little but could definitely tell it was a quake. Santa Cruz - At around midnight, felt a long rolling earthquake. UNITED STATES - house swayed a bit and lamp shook on the night stand. Lemoore - Around 1200AM, sitting in my ottoman playing ps3, then flatscreen shaking, and felt it too. coalinga ca - was looking stuff up on laptop....then I felt my chair vibrating looked up and window coverings were shaking too San Jose - sitting in bed, light rolling, walls creaked Madera - Laying in bed reading, bed started to move and jewelry hanging in my room was swaying, freaked me out, got a little queasy but not sure from motion or scared someone was in my house! Never felt earthquake before Arroyo Grande, California - shook the chair I was in and made the fireplace tools sway on their holder..floor lamp was swaying. Fresno, CA - Felt the quake for about 10 seconds. Shook the bed and some of the things suspended on the wall, but not too bad Clovis CA - Watching TV..two big jerking quick movements Nipomo - watching TV...couch shook a little, saw curtains swaying. About 11:55pm Atascadero, CA - Lasted about 10 seconds - house shook, chair rocked FRESNO, CA - Was sitting in front of my computer and I felt my computer chair moving just slightly for a few seconds, and I asked my husband who's lying on the bed, he said he felt it too. santa margarita, ca - In bed and awoke to mild shaking a fe

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join