It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets Deal with Iran!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by SLAYER69

a) They lived in a world with less tolerance than we enjoy today - more primtive overall

Less tolerance? Really it hasn't changed much. History will tell you that.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Nobody is saying that the model for a superior nation is slavery or tyranny. As I stated in the previous post, Nazi Germany got its technology right but failed socially (and in other ways I'm sure).

To socially advance freedom of information exchange must exist. But right now Iran has a firm hold on it and refuses to let their people speak and act freely as we can in the US.
edit on 19-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Amazing !!

What we are seeing here is many people actually believing this is true.

I think it may be a classic set up two ways.

1. Obama & Co. "create" the possibility and stay silent as all the tangents go in every direction, Then they "allow" people to speculate on the possibility and get their hopes up.

Then....

2. They either let the speculation become false hopes, or they actually announce that it's true and smooth over the denials when Iran (and maybe Israel) says it ain't so.

#2 is not easy as this seems to wild and even if they can somehow "prove" the validity, too many voters will still think it's BeeEss.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe it's a good time to review something like this:
www.heritage.org -
The Clinton Nuclear Deal with Pyongyang: Road Map to Progress or Dead End Street?...

"This U.S.-North Korean agreement will help to achieve a long-standing and vital American objective: an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean peninsula." -President Bill Clinton

"The new accord ... outlines an elaborate timetable for steps by each side.... But American officials acknowledge that the agreement ... will require enormous patience and perseverance .... [T]hey concede that it poses a risk for much of the next decade that North Korea could change its mind, cast aside the accord and have the basic fuel in hand to produce nuclear weapons." -The New York Times 2

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Nobody is saying that the model for a superior nation is slavery or tyranny. As I stated in the previous post, Nazi Germany got its technology right but failed socially (and in other ways I'm sure).

To socially advance freedom of information exchange must exist. But right now Iran has a firm hold on it and refuses to let their people speak and act freely as we can in the US.

I wasn't disagreeing with with anything else you posted. Just that one point.

Also I think that Iran will get some sanctions lifted then go back to their old ways and then BAM more sanctions.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thank you! this is what I was talking about. (or aboot, if you;re Canadian)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nazi Germany had the most advanced tech on the planet back in the late 30s and early 40s. Yup, bunch of nice fellas.

So nice they had plans to bomb the US from Europe, their ambitions much like Iran was their version of "empire".

2 so called different ambitions with the same goal that is where that religion part comes in to play the 12ers run Iran.

And have no quams bout using nuclear weapons to achieve their goals.

Clinton is why China and North Korea became nuclear in the first place there are no deals that can be made with the largest covert supplier and financer in the middle east.

Reminds one that once upon a time they thought they could appease Hitler.

Some people can fool themselves in to a false since of security as they did in ww1,ww2, and 9-11.

Your choice history has proven who has been right.

edit on 19-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What, The Great Satan looks good in bed?

sad_eyed_lady

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Obama gets Deal with Iran!

article.wn.com

Iranian and U.S. negotiators have reached an agreement that calls for Iran to halt part of its nuclear program in exchange for the lifting of many of the U.S. sanctions against the Islamic regime, according to a highly placed source. Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, expects a letter from President Obama in a few days...
(visit the link for the full news article)

this will never happen ! has he gotten permission from AIPAC ! I am sorry but I think this is something out of range of US leaders duties ! no matter Obama or anyone else !

edit on 19-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Nazi Germany had the most advanced tech on the planet back in the late 30s and early 40s. Yup, bunch of nice fellas.

So nice they had plans to bomb the US from Europe, their ambitions much like Iran was their version of "empire".

2 so called different ambitions with the same goal that is where that religion part comes in to play the 12ers run Iran.

And have no quams bout using nuclear weapons to achieve their goals.

Clinton is why China and North Korea became nuclear in the first place there are no deals that can be made with the largest covert supplier and financer in the middle east.

Reminds one that once upon a time they thought they could appease Hitler.

Some people can fool themselves in to a false since of security as they did in ww1,ww2, and 9-11.

Your choice history has proven who has been right.

edit on 19-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

China had the bomb loooong before Clinton. What are you even talking about? And how did this thread go from a sure thing deal to speculation to doubting it exists to Nazi Germany? Stay on topic for the love of God!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Yeah...it worked out just fine didn't it? Has N. Korea attacked anybody or caused any real problems for us lately?

Are you aware of which side started the whole Korean war by invading whom? Cross border bombardment of the South's Islands which killed South Koreans, Torpedoing the South's naval vessel Killing South Korean naval personnel. Launching missiles towards our Allie Japan. Developing missiles which are now capable of ranging in on Alaska and Hawaii which puts their development squarely in US interest.

I personally feel A LOT more comfortable with a nuclear Iran. If they have nukes then both the US and Israeli's will REALLY have to think twice before invading them or toppling their government for a fourth time in less than 70 years.

Saudi Arabia has already mentioned they would have to step up their game plan to counter Iran in that case. Have you done your historical research on the rivalry between Arabs and Persians or Sunni and Shiites?

Is North Korea really the best example of how you would like to see Iran become?

Bad JuJu
edit on 19-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

China had the bomb loooong before Clinton. What are you even talking about? And how did this thread go from a sure thing deal to speculation to doubting it exists to Nazi Germany? Stay on topic for the love of God!

Right if you say so:

Newly declassified documents show that President Bill Clinton personally approved the transfer to China of advanced space technology that can be used for nuclear combat.

archive.newsmax.com...

Read the thread to see how that was brought up.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Election ploy or not, this will surely get that arrogant psychopath Beebee Netanyahu's panties in a knot.

Hopefully a giant false flag will not come of this. It is always a great ploy, to appear as the peaceful nation just before invasion.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have a hard time buying this. Most Americans' over 35 remember the problems with Iran in the 70's and 80's, making a deal with enemy number 1, before an election. It could hurt Obama just as much as it could help him.

Second, the WH would be leaking this if they thought it would help the election, not Iran's leadership.

If it IS true, it might just provoke an Israeli' attack. They might just think that the US just stabbed them in the back cutting a deal (that likely can't be trusted)

They can't hit as many targets simultanously, or keep an air campaign going for more than two or three days without US support, but they can do substantial damage.

They can get about 70 to 90 of their advanced F15 and F16 "I" models up at one time. The rest of the IDFAF would be up guarding against a counterstrike from Syria/Lebanon. They have 2-3 submarines that can fire cruise missiles and (I don't think they would do this) but 3 missile corvettes that can carry helicopters which could hit coastal areas. They have ballistic missiles which can carry conventional or nuclear warheads as well. I don't think they would use them, but they do have them

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

if [Iran did indeed 'sell out' for technology or money or other usefull assets...

they will only be propping up the USD from either collapse or becoming a shunned currency....

Why would they do that when they are out to destroy the west & the USA in particular...

there ain't no 'offers you can't refuse"... with the Twelvers in charge,,,, this gotta be a hoax

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Are you aware of which side started the whole Korean war by invading whom? Cross border bombardment of the South's Islands which killed South Koreans, Torpedoing the South's naval vessel Killing South Korean naval personnel. Launching missiles towards our Allie Japan.

Ummm...yeah I'm pretty up to speed on the Korean War. Note the word "lately". My point is that SINCE N. Korea got their mitts on some Nukes it has forced both sides to behave towards one another...hasn't it?

Developing missiles which are now capable of ranging in on Alaska and Hawaii which puts their development squarely in US interest.

Exactly. Why do you think we haven't re-invaded them at some point. Granted...I wish our leaders were responsible enough to run around bombing everyone we don't see eye to eye with...but history tells us that this isn't very likely. What other method do you propose to rein in our own ridiculous Empire? Voting sure as hell doesn't work...does it?

Saudi Arabia has already mentioned they would have to step up their game plan to counter Iran in that case. Have you done your historical research on the rivalry between Arabs and Persians or Sunni and Shiites?

So what? It is simply not possible to stop the dissemination of technology. You can slow it down and maybe make it hard for your secrets to get out...but there is not a single example in the last 2000 years of a military technology that a nation tried to keep "secret" or tried to keep out of the hands of it's enemies successfully.

The question isn't if Saudi Arabia and Iran will get nuclear weapons...it's when will they do so? I would feel much more comfortable having them do it more overtly and in the open than find out that either one of them bought a nuke from Pakistan than hard way.

Check out this link...it's a listing off of fusor.net of all the Americans who have created nuclear FUSION reactions in their basements and garages with parts from Home Depot and science supply stores. There are a good number of high school kids and one girl that's only 13 yrs old.
www.fusor.net...

So what are we going to do? Level the whole damn country because they are enriching uranium? Are we going to back in 10 years to seize all of their hydrogen atoms so they can't build an H-bomb when the Iranian scientists finally catch up to our high school kids?

Christ...knowing full well that every country on planet earth will have nuclear weapons (or worse) sooner or later....I personally think the best policy is to not be complete a^^holes to anyone so they don't WANT to use them on us.

Just my thinking.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll believe this is true when it's promoted during a non-campaign-time frame. Until then, tomorrow's news.... Obama cures cancer, Obama rejects all lobbyist, Obama destroys AIDs single-handedly, Obama wins a Nobel Peace Prize...
edit on 19-10-2012 by PatriotAct because: typos

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotAct

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Right if you say so:

Newly declassified documents show that President Bill Clinton personally approved the transfer to China of advanced space technology that can be used for nuclear combat.

archive.newsmax.com...

Read the thread to see how that was brought up.

I do say so.
From wikipedia

The People's Republic of China has developed and possessed weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and nuclear weapons. China's first nuclear test took place in 1964 and first hydrogen bomb test occurred in 1967.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Republic_of_China_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Anyways, my point was more along the lines of this: I had read the thread earlier in the day, and sought an update on the status of this deal, or at least hoped to see who else was reporting it. Perhaps you can argue the merits of the deal in another topic, or one of the threads hypothesizing diplomatic solutions which surely must exist.
edit on 19-10-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by auto73912621

The Iranian leadership realises how weak the Obama administration is. So it would be in their best interests to do anything they could to keep Obama in office.

S&F

You are so freaking anti Obama that you even turn good news into something derogatory. You are what's wrong with the republican party my friend.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join