It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets Deal with Iran!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by auto73912621

Despite speculations of hidden agendas or political motivations, I actually find this promising, if true.

Would much rather any differences with Iran could be solved without the need for bloodshed.

i have to strongly agree. i'm not an obama fan but i have to give him this one, keeping us out of war despite nutanyahu pushing hard for it. i really believe bush would have gone in by now, salivating at the potential wealth to be plundered.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think Iran just realised that they got no chance against the USA. All the US needs is 3 aircraft carriers and They've got more air power than Iran lol.. I know the US is arrogant, but I must say the US would demolish Iran if they wanted too, along side with Israel and NATO.. I don't think Iran really has much options left, they might act like they're a tough nation but really..There Bark Doesn't Have Any Bite...It's like a puddle to a Pitbull lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The Iranian leadership realises how weak the Obama administration is. So it would be in their best interests to do anything they could to keep Obama in office.

S&F

And if he werent able to pull it off you'd say it's because he's weak and the Iranians don't respect him

Try not to be so predictable it makes you look stupid

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by beezzer

A good thing happens that possibly averts a hot conflict and you go all "ObamaBad!" ?

You have to be kidding me...

i have read a lot of your posts, and it seems to me that you post solely for the purpose of contradicting someone else. no real info to offer.

why is that?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The devaluation of the currency, plus the inability to print more Iranian currency, is likely to be putting a lot of pressure on the leadership:

"Western economic sanctions imposed on Iran over its disputed nuclear program have severely depressed the value of its national currency, the rial, causing higher inflation and forcing Iranians to carry ever-fatter wads of bank notes to buy everyday items. But the sanctions have also presented a new complication to Iran’s banking authorities: they may not be able to print enough money.

At least three European companies that have been providing currency production services to Iran say they have stopped doing business there. One of the companies, Koenig & Bauer AG of Würzburg, Germany, also says it has not responded to an Iranian request for bids to make presses to print new rials.

Koenig & Bauer’s disclosure was contained in a mailed response to a query by United Against Nuclear Iran, a New York-based sanctions advocacy group, which seized upon the 40 percent drop in the rial’s value this month to begin a campaign aimed at the currency itself."

Source:
www.iranfocus.com...:iran-sanctions-may-cut-supply-of-currency&catid=4:iran-general&Itemid=2 6

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What wonderful news.

For decent humans anyway. For those who love to call Obama weak and think that war is wondeful, this is awful news.

Of course just how much Iran is going to adhere to this deal has yet to be seen, but I have hope.

I am sick and tired of the US always being at war. Too many young men and women dying for no good reason.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
I think Iran just realised that they got no chance against the USA. All the US needs is 3 aircraft carriers and They've got more air power than Iran lol.. I know the US is arrogant, but I must say the US would demolish Iran if they wanted too, along side with Israel and NATO.. I don't think Iran really has much options left, they might act like they're a tough nation but really..There Bark Doesn't Have Any Bite...It's like a puddle to a Pitbull lol.

Seeing how long we were in Iraq and still in Afghanistan to think Iran will be easily defeated is just foolish. Iran could easily dominate the middle east if they wanted to. Their bark has plenty of bite if it didn't then why do you think Benny Nuttyahoo is begging America to do it's fighting for them?

OT I think the word you are looking for is poodle not puddle. Comparing a bunch of water to a pitbull makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Evildead

What is agreed to and what they actually do are two different things. I could agree not to kick you in the nads and at the same time punch you in the face.

Iran will not let another country dictate what they do. Sanctions only hurt the citizens not the government, look at N. Korea.

Your solution?

The solution is rather simple. Withdraw our carriers from the gulf close the bases surrounding Iran and leave them alone. They are no threat to America there is no hard evidence they are breaking the NPT. The NPT does not state how much uranium can be enriched as long as it's not used in a weapon they could go to 100% and still not be breaking the treaty. By all rights we should not have sanctions against Iran they have done nothing to deserve it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry to piss on the parade here, but this is a hoax. It appears in only two other places (and one of those places is simply a link on Free Republic). This reeks of Sorcha Faal. If this was real it would be everywhere and it's not.
edit on 19-10-2012 by antonia because: clarity

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Why would the leader of a strong nation bargain so with a known leader of world terrorism?

I can't fathom what Ahmadinejad was thinking.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I cannot stand Obama, but if this is indeed true, then kudos to him.. I do have my doubts however.

1) Iran doesn't really care and it's interesting this news comes out a day after the US and Israel start drills on how to deal with rocket and missile attacks...

2) Obama is faltering in the polls in some key battleground states, he NEEDS a miracle to get the voters firmly behind him again.. (Wag the Dog anyone?)

3) Even if Romney loses, and he very well may, I'm confident that Obama will not win by as much of a landslide as he would hope.. which would show that the population may not exactly be as 100% behind him as they once were. He could end up becoming a very lame duck president.

But for the sake of argument if it is true, then great, wars suck, being shot sucks (i've been a few times) dying sucks, and peace is a much better option.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If this had indeed happened, you should all be glad, ALL OF YOU.
Unless you're some kind of barbarian warmonger terrorist who wants to see the world die just so your survival fetish can come to life.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This isn't front page of CNN, NBC, CBC, CBS because?.....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
because it's fake. the source is world net news, it's neocon propaganda.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If they do not allow inspectors at every single plant, there is no deal. Every single plant they have must be inspected and consistently. If Obama does not ask that, then he is a fool and a moron.
edit on 19-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Lets hope nobody Jeopardize this deal . It will guarantee Obama's victory and long lasting world peace

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yours seems to be the only responsible position.

May I suggest keeping up the pressure through sanctions and other means until the Iranian people themselves replace the crazy government with one that's sane?

YES!
Your posts are always very insightful, and level-headed. I enjoy your work, bro.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This story is...wow. Very tricky. I'm 100% this is complete nonsense. First of all if some deal had been reached it would have been through Ahmadinejad, not Khomeini. Second of all though a deal with Iran would look good for Obama, the way it is written makes Obama look very weak. "If the letter is not received, we will speed up production"? Seriously? Iran maintains that they are not enriching Uranium high enough to weapons grade.

The article reinforces ultra right fears of a nuclear armed Iran and that Obama is so weak he would lift sanctions on a promise to behave.

Don't you guys ever get sick of being played for fools?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
If they do not allow inspectors at every single plant, there is no deal. Every single plant they have must be inspected and consistently. If Obama does not ask that, then he is a fool and a moron.
edit on 19-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

You're absolutely right, Obama should expect that from Israel. He should also expect them to sign the NPT and admit they have nuclear weapons and allow them to be counted. Fool if he doesn't.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The Iranian leadership realises how weak the Obama administration is. So it would be in their best interests to do anything they could to keep Obama in office.

S&F

And you think Romney, if elected would go to war with Iran in the first year of the first term? Keep dreaming bunny wabbit...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join