It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to quit smoking with me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As the subject suggests - I am giving up cigarettes as of today.

I've just thrown my almost full pack in the bin - I'm not going to use patches or gum, as I want to cold turkey.

Who wants to join me in this ride? We can help motivate ourselves.

... wish me luck!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm in!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

I've just thrown my almost full pack in the bin - I'm not going to use patches or gum, as I want to cold turkey.

... wish me luck!

Good luck! I wish I was as motivated as you

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbeefy
I'm in!

For real? Let's do it!

Legend !!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

... wish me luck!

Good luck! I wish I was as motivated as you

Come on ... I can't tempt you to give it a go as well?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

... wish me luck!

Yanno, I was just saying to myself, i have the flu badly and yeah, no smoking for me for a few more days; may as well attempt to quit. I was wanting someone to quit with and lo and behold, I saw this. Count me in. Also, I found a book that supposedly makes it easy to quit long as you read it. worth a shot and it's a free adobe reader download too.

www.jogasveikatai.lt...

I'm giving it a shot. What have I got to lose?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I would like to but you know how it is when you got a woman on you're case...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Wow I think what your doing is an awesome idea. This is a nice way for people to support one another in those weak moments. Sadly, I'm not quite there yet but truly hoping that day will come fast.

Good luck and stay strong!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I quit March 3rd cold turkey and I'm proud to say I havent had any nicotine in almost 8 months. And I am running an 11 mile tough muddder event in Kentucky Saturday! Set goals and try to acheive them. Good luck! It can be done, im proof. You have to sincerly want to quit though.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Are you serious? If you're serious I am too. I've been to jail and did without for that time. I could stop if I had the willpower but its hard. You post about not smoking and I will be right here with you.
Question. When do I stop? Today tomorrow right now? Its the only vice I have right now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Woman on my ass about it.

Sounds like my ex.

Let's kick this nasty habit!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That's for all the replies.

I think we make today the day!

Grab all the smoking sh*t you have in your house, and destroy it.

I grabbed my full packet, and lighters, and walked to the commercial bin downstairs and threw them out.

I've also told me staff that I've quit, and I need to put $50 into the kitty for each cigarette I have.

I'm super motivated to do this!

link   

Originally posted by 03Smoker
Are you serious? If you're serious I am too. I've been to jail and did without for that time. I could stop if I had the willpower but its hard. You post about not smoking and I will be right here with you.
Question. When do I stop? Today tomorrow right now? Its the only vice I have right now.

Better now than later right? Here are two facts:

1, the urge to light up DOES pass within 15 seconds to two minutes. Try deep breaths during that time.

2. You learned how to smoke; now you learn how not to smoke.

Now, little ideas to help do this:

Toss em away, get rid of all ashtrays, lighters, etc. And take it every 15 minutes: "I will not smoke for 15 more minutes." Once that time passes, "I will not smoke for 15 more minutes."

Try a placebo. Maybe a straw cut to the size of a cig to 'puff' on. Or a pen or pencil or stick.

Each time you want to smoke, just tell that invisible cig, "No way. I refuse."

link   
Damn that's awesome.
I've tried so many times.... I get so bitchy.
I feel sorry for the people around me when I quit.

Good for you, hope it goes well.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well cudos excom I was at 2 packs a day now at 1 but just cant kick it. I'm up to running 3 miles in 30 minutes, no coughing ( or dying) but just can't kick it, don't have the will power. Good luck and godspeed!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm trying to think of something to make this post on the front page of ATS - I'm sure there are a load of smokers out there, and I'm also sure we could get loads of people on board.

Any ideas / suggestions?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm trying to think of something to make this post on the front page of ATS - I'm sure there are a load of smokers out there, and I'm also sure we could get loads of people on board.

Any ideas / suggestions?

First, I am in. Though, I need one more tonight before I do this. I have quit so many times its not funny. I can go three or four days, no problem, then all of a sudden, something happens at work, and BOOM! Back at it.

As for getting it on front, its gonna take a following of lots of flags and stars.

I HATE SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

As a previous on/off smoker myself, I urge everyone to give it up.
I've been nicotine and smoke free since January 2012 and love every second of it.
There hasn't been a day where I wasn't thankful to quit.
It's just too unnatural and dirty.

Not only do I have more money to save/spend on other things...
(I have a few dozen expensive hobbies)
I have a great sense of smell again and can taste alot better too.
Plus my house doesn't stink and my pets are better off too.
Oh yeah and I have alot more wind in my sails.
When working out, it helps tons.

So. I quit cold turkey this year. Anyone can do it.
Just be strong and don't give-in.
It's much easier to just let go.
Be a fighter!
Say to yourself out loud and scream if you have to:
I refuse to let any substance control me!
Only I control me.

We are humans and able to control our thoughts.
Why let something control your health?
Plus if the S hits the fan...why let an addiction cause more suffering?

If any more advice is needed, just u2u me.
There are alot more reasons to quit than to keep smoking.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Can I please ask that everyone stars and flags each post - not for my own gain or kudos - but to spread the message.

Sometimes all it takes is a prompt to inspire radical change - imagine if 1 person quit smoking for good due to reading this post.

We could literally save a life.

Spread the word guys! Let's get this moving!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I quit for 6 months during 2011/2012 - even through the holidays! It was awesome. I worked out 6 days a week, twice on Tuesdays and felt awesome!

I went to a movie with my cousin who smoked the whole way there and all the way back, offering me a smoke. I folded and it was such a mistake. NO - you can not have just one. One quickly turned into 20-30.

I tried a few more times and couldn't get more than six days strung together. Then my phone rang in August with an offer I couldn't refuse. I have always said I would never be a part of medical experiments but big pharma has big bucks. They asked me to be part of smoking study which they would pay me 2k whether I quit or not! I have to take Chantix (which isn't right for me but isn't horrible) along with an anti-depressant (I hate all forms of these) and a nicotine patch. Unfortunately, the only placebo I'm receiving is the one I wanted the real of - the patch!

So I've been on these drugs for 3 weeks and it's time to pick a quit date. They told me not to push myself so early but I have a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning on Tuesday so I will join your movement at that time. Please don't judge me for the drugs

We can do this!

Edit to add: I have to see a doctor weekly as they increase the Chantix. This drug is so nasty that people have committed homicides & completed suicides while on it. He asked me if I was having any homicidal or suicidal thoughts and I replied "No more than usual." Bwahaha - his face!!!

edit on 10/18/2012 by Whisper67 because: Add-on ;P

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join