It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to quit smoking with me?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So how is everyone doing? Everyone still on the bandwagon?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I just got a carton today

But, after this one is gone, I'm in!!!!!

Poor excuse huh?

Not quite ready yet but will be following this thread and join in on the quiting soon.

S&F!!! Good luck all!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I changed my start date from this Monday to next Monday. I have the Allen Carr book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, but my schedule this week leaves me no time to pick it up, and dedicate myself to the program it presents. I also have a script for Zyban, I start on Sunday. I'm still in, just running a little late....

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I changed my start date from this Monday to next Monday. I have the Allen Carr book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, but my schedule this week leaves me no time to pick it up, and dedicate myself to the program it presents. I also have a script for Zyban, I start on Sunday. I'm still in, just running a little late....

Des

I'm with you Des!

Next Monday will be my start date as well.

edit on 23-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Des

I'm with you Des!

Next Monday will be my start date as well.

edit on 23-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

Cool...then, we can beotch buddies...I'm going to be sooooooo cranky. I've quit before in the past...for 6 years.

I remember what a witch I was for a couple of weeks. I even had a close friend go out and buy a pack of smokes, toss them at me, and say "smoke, please, I can't stand this version of you"....

I have my time planned out for the first 2 weeks. I'm trying like hell to get all the important things I need to do, done this week.

We'll be happy once we kick this habit....we'll just be crappy for a short time....

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Des

Hi Des,

ETA: For any of you who are going to be taking Zyban/Wellbutrin/whatever the generic is, if there is one...

I am SO excited for you!!! Zyban was what finally worked for me. However, you may need to push the date back a few more days, NOT that I am discouraging you in any way, shape, or form - I totally want to help you succeed!

If I remember correctly, you need to take the Zyban for a certain amount of time (I don't recall the exact number of days, but the prescription comes with the instructions) first, before you quit, because it has to build up inside you, so that you won't have the cravings. I followed the timeline, and once I quit, I never started again.

I know how excited you are to be free, and NEVER EVER have to think about it again... It will happen, believe me, you even stop having dreams about it, after a while. Please don't short-change yourself and then end up caving in - it needs to build up to a certain level first, in order to combat the cravings...

YOU GO!!!!!

Hugs,
Gwynn

P.S. Please U2U me if you want to talk.
edit on 23-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Des

Hi Des,

ETA: For any of you who are going to be taking Zyban/Wellbutrin/whatever the generic is, if there is one...

I am SO excited for you!!! Zyban was what finally worked for me. However, you may need to push the date back a few more days, NOT that I am discouraging you in any way, shape, or form - I totally want to help you succeed!

If I remember correctly, you need to take the Zyban for a certain amount of time (I don't recall the exact number of days, but the prescription comes with the instructions) first, before you quit, because it has to build up inside you, so that you won't have the cravings. I followed the timeline, and once I quit, I never started again.

I know how excited you are to be free, and NEVER EVER have to think about it again... It will happen, believe me, you even stop having dreams about it, after a while. Please don't short-change yourself and then end up caving in - it needs to build up to a certain level first, in order to combat the cravings...

YOU GO!!!!!

Hugs,
Gwynn

P.S. Please U2U me if you want to talk.
edit on 23-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

Hi gwynn, I have some questions for you. I've heard of people having psychotic reactions on this stuff, so I haven't considered it a viable option to help me quit smoking.

I'm fairly certain I couldn't go cold turkey though, and I've tried the patch and gum in the past and they both failed me (in times of stress I'd just smoke anyways on top of the patch).

I was curious about the idea of perscription medication and considered trying it but I'd heard of some very negative side effects. Have you tried this option, and could you comment on it for me?

My biggest worry atm is that I am already an insomniac and I hear these medications can contribute to insomnia.

Feel free to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I personally had a fantastic experience with Zyban. I did not have any negative side effects at all, didn't gain any weight, and it actually helped my migraine headaches. Everybody is different though, so if you have concerns, talk to your doctor about it. For me, I desperately wanted to quit and I had been trying for years and each attempt I could only make it a couple of days before I would give in to the cravings. The Zyban made the cravings manageable and once I got past the first full week after I quit I knew I could go all the way. That was the big hurdle. I took the Zyban for the recommended number of days to let it build up in my system, first, per the instructions, and then quit on my quit date. I only took the Zyban for a month and never had to take it again.

Gwynnhwyfar

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Damned good. I'm on day twelve. Exhausted myself exercising, now taking a break and eating more than ever to rebuild and cycle back stronger.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I would hop on the bandwagon, but I quit smoking in August of 2007. Smoked a pack a day for nine years. Quit cold turkey, and haven't had a single cigarette in over five years.

Just wanted to offer encouragement to those who've decided to quit.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Please reply to this topic in the OPs thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join