It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal encounter with a UFO.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

I'd be interested to know how you could estimate the distance of a fireball. I've tried it, and unless you have some ancillary information, or witnesses at multiple locations, it's basically impossible.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I too just saw a UFO, the first one I have ever witnessed, I look forward to posting about it

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
I find my self only wishing for a experience like that but as for the repercussions
I don't think my mind could handle it. I know it would rock my world... then what do you do
just go on with life??? I don't think I could possibly do that. Haunting.

To be completely honest;

It just makes everything you do as a person seem pointless. Really, it does. You start to realize that working at a retail outlet is just stupid knowing that we should be exploring the cosmos instead.

Playing Video Games and Watching Movies just isn't the same either. It has a feeling of pointlessness to it. There are beings/things flying around in crafts throughout the universe and your sitting there watching Will Smith tell another unfunny joke.

It makes you see perspective. Collapses reality as we know it onto itself. You start to question what being "happy" really is.

Is it having comfortable money? If it is, then what do you do with your time?

Watch movies? Play Games? Read books? Jump out of a plane? Go to a nightclub? Drink? Have sex? Drive fast?

I mean -- what is the point.

Nothing we ever do as people in the "routine" actually amounts to anything.

This is what happens to you when you experience the truth. You realize we are trapped in an ignorant bubble -- and endless loop of grind to get money to spend money on entertainment.

I makes you shake your head and nothing is ever the same again.

I've had a few experiences with UFO. In two states, NY and FL. My first I was 5 years old. I didn't even know what an "Alien" was and never heard the term "UFO."

My latest was about a year ago. Spotted it with my eye as it followed my car to my house. I ran inside and grabbed my night vision binoculars and got a damn good look at it.

Other wordly to say the least.

I wish you would have this experience -- and everyone else for that matter.

If for nothing more than to break this stupid cycle of monotony and ignorance. Since my last experience, the only thing I find truly entertaining, is learning. Nothing else seems even remotely worth it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laykilla

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
I find my self only wishing for a experience like that but as for the repercussions
I don't think my mind could handle it. I know it would rock my world... then what do you do
just go on with life??? I don't think I could possibly do that. Haunting.

To be completely honest;

It just makes everything you do as a person seem pointless. Really, it does. You start to realize that working at a retail outlet is just stupid knowing that we should be exploring the cosmos instead.

Playing Video Games and Watching Movies just isn't the same either. It has a feeling of pointlessness to it. There are beings/things flying around in crafts throughout the universe and your sitting there watching Will Smith tell another unfunny joke.

It makes you see perspective. Collapses reality as we know it onto itself. You start to question what being "happy" really is.

If for nothing more than to break this stupid cycle of monotony and ignorance. Since my last experience, the only thing I find truly entertaining, is learning. Nothing else seems even remotely worth it.

Aint this the truth - I had a close range sighting about 15 years ago and my life changed drastically since that day and your right it has a way of making everything else seem a little pointless and out of place.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius
reply to post by Bilky

I can entirely relate. I did feel my life was over at one point. When it stopped dead my heart stopped with it. It gave off a menacing aura too.

Maybe the saucers give off a good vibe?

You have to think positive...dude. You'll have to convince yourself... that you will survive any encounter with the unknown --- if not --- you are quite possibly setting yourself up for a heart attack. Not to say: that you shouldn't have a healthy respect and fear of the unknown --- but you have to realize --- that the vast overwhelmiing majority of intelligent other-worldy visitations here on earth, have been of the peaceful variety.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 22-10-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 22-10-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaulDCarr
reply to post by Erno86

I'd be interested to know how you could estimate the distance of a fireball. I've tried it, and unless you have some ancillary information, or witnesses at multiple locations, it's basically impossible.

Welcome to ATS, Paul. Looking forward to any more of your posts or threads... on the subject of: are there or are there not --- alien starship vistations, here on our planet earth; or whatever.else you may have on your mind.

I'll try to give you some ancillary information, about distance perception, in relation to my fiery balled Foofighter sighting, that I witnessed, along with at least two other fellow employees --- that happened one night, in the month of November, 1976; approx 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

While heading home eastward, towards Baltimore Maryland, from a survey expedition, that had us staking out control for a railroad track to a coal strip mine in West Virginia --- we had a visual contact, of a bluish white light, on the eastern horizon, from the direction of Washington D.C. The fast moving light --- my guess --- approx. 5,000 - 15,000 mph, above a thin low-lying cloud cover; that blocked out any starlight.

I quickly turned my head to the left --- to see whether the UFO went over to or past the western horizon. As far to my knowledge the UFO did not, and I assumed that the foofighter made an instant stop, somewhere above the divided highway we were travelling on. Unless it was just a shot of adrenaline, I seemed to sense a highly intelligent presence above our heads.

Approx. one minute later: A huge fiery red- orahge ball of fusion plasma [approx. 700 - 1,000 feet in diameter] appeared below the low cloud cover in the eastern sky with no fiery tail. It made a slow [approx. 30 mph] perpendicular descent to earth. It lit up the whole easten sky, including the bottom low ceiling of the cloud cover; including the whole mountain side and valley in front of us. The fiery ball disapeared behind a high mountain ridge in front of us.
My assumption: that the lighted orb [while seen in its blusish-white highpower phase and its low power landing or defense phase --- reddish-orange] was under intelligent control; and about 1 mile away --- due to the low lying cloud cover.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 22-10-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 22-10-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

I don't have the right to doubt your experience nor shall I tell all that you tell no lie but I humbly would like to tell you that I believe the courage you presented to tell all others about your story that nonetheless would be perceived as mere imagination and pure manipulation.
I have no idea about the worsts of your experiences because I've never had the same as yours. But please let me tell you, fear not for you should not. You said that Christ have saved you, but then, have you allowed him to save you again from the fear you have long been bounded? Spread further the boundaries you have planted within yourself for I tell you that sooner you'll realize the inexistence of whatever boundaries in the infinity gifted to all men! You may have felt that that experience have ruined your life, if so then be it! For only destruction can uplift the meaning of a new creation! You may have felt awkward socially and be casted out by men of earthy morality, but then let me humbly tell you, you have escaped the illusion made by the ignorant society! Do not be dictated by the norms of the socials for those who stick with it are the in-born intelligent beings who denounce themselves to be ignorant and blinded by the unworthy laws and norms of the foolish society! For this I tell you my friend, you are one of the few who would not regret themselves believing in the existence of life other than this planet, with that let me again humbly congratulate you! For you have taken one step ahead of the billions of people in this planet who will continuously live in their illusion-bounded reality! Have no fear my friend, for the infinity of infinite never obligated its followers to walk with mere fear nor of with terrified spirit and self!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Could it be, after so much reading about aliens you brainwash yourself and start thinking any object in the sky you do not identify is an alien UFO? Too much reading about the topic is harmful. And then you get worried and sleep disorder about something you only think you saw, when it could have been quite ordinary.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

See that would be applicable if this thing wasn't right outside my house. Or a HUGE pyramid. I've never seen, until that guy sent me the link, a triangular UFO. And honestly, I don't look at UFO stuff often because, after seeing what I did, they all seem fake and not real.

This thing I saw, it did so many things, right in front of me. It LITERALLY disappeared and reappeared in front of my eyes, like a piece of paper folding, and it tumbled. I walked in the house numerous times to dispel my doubts, and at one point pinched myself as to ascertain weather I was dreaming. It was no hallucination and it was no mirage. It was a craft, a BIG one.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

"I was told that evil and war-faring races do not ever evolve or progress that far without destroying themselves."

You were "told"... by who (on all that stuff u posted)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

well if you've considered that i take it you also believe in a creator or God. maybe you should look to him, try praying. ask Jesus to come into your heart and become a part of your life. It's said that demons cringe at the sound of his name.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

just noticed your thread lol.

i have observed a similar 'mechanism' at work.
a point of light and then an object unfolds from it.
amazing to watch, however i have not seen a pyramid
shape do this. a rhombus diamond rotating clockwise
over heysham power station is about as near to your
description of an object (pyramids base to base) that
i have observed.

the unfolding when i first spotted it was quite
amazing. it seems there may be scope for physical
objects to travel without moving.

i've been observing uap's since i was a kid and it
rattled quite a lot of people around me. it got quite hairy
in my early/mid twenties but i put that down to a lack
of focus and concentration with the mind wandering.

whatever they are and wherever they come from i don't know
but i consider myself fortunate to see these forms when
they appear.

f(uk).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Many have stories about encounters, more than people know.

One time, 3 of us saw a flying disk type UFO hovering over a building in San Francisco. It was shining a cone shaped laser light down upon a building.

Another time, it's a long story I wrote about here on ATS somewhere, I was with my girlfriend. We both are pretty sure we were visited and I was possibly even abducted. I say *possibly abducted* because some kind of memory suppressant was placed on us and it took until the next day for us both to remember what little we remembered. We remembered enough to know that we were visited by somebody not human, that some device/machine was in the room for some time that we both saw and can describe, I left to the "bathroom" for over 2 hours even tho my girlfriend was freaking out telling me that somebody was in the room, and that my girlfriend saw them and tried to alert me but I just didn't care (like some mind control was on me). Anyhow, I could fill up the page with what I remember about that night......

There are periods we both still can't remember to this day.

Thanks for sharing and writing all the details you could remember. I wish more people would come out and let us know what they saw.

edit on 14-1-2013 by furono because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
if its haunted you for over 15 years

i am losing hope with disclosure ever happening if this is the reaction people have!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

awsome post my friend!

totally agree with everything here. i have had exactly the same thoughts

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i met someone last week who told me of his UFO sighting he had in 1990.

He described to me the typical cigar shaped craft, he said this thing was hovering over a factory, and that this thing was much larger than the factory itself!, he then said it just dissapeard right there without a trace.

It was very fascinating to hear this mans account first hand in person. from what i would describe as your average joe.

meeting people in real life who have had such encounters really makes such sightings seem so much incredible.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Before I saw this I didn't even care about UFO's.

Believe me when I tell you, once you've seen something like this, and it's as undeniable as it was for me it DESTROYS your life.

How do you talk about economics or football when you've seen something that defies physics itself? You can't.... It really does ruin you...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

From my perspective it is difficult for me to understand why you are allowing this knowledge of things outside of conventional physics to affect you so negatively. Do you not find any joy in knowing that there is much more to this universe than we are told? Do you not find any joy that there is existence beyond a mundane and linear go-to-work-everday-to-make-money one?

Do not allow an experience to hold you back, to "ruin" you, as you say. Experience is put before you to learn from, to grow and evovle from so that you may continue to experience existence in a way that leaves you with a greater sense of fulfillment.

From the negative comes the positive, from the positive comes the negative. You choose which aspect to give your attention to.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

we are a primitive species, what we know about space and physics etc is 0 nill we no nothing.

you just witnessed an alien race considerably more advanced than we are.

Their tech is so advanced your brain try's to justify it as something else.
edit on 17-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow! Your life is very similar to mine except I'm not religious. The first sleep paralysis I had was like something showing me lights in the sky; I was 16 then, and now I'm 26. I didn't even believe in UFO's at the time either; just a regular teen. Ever since, I've had strange dreams of greys and other beings. I still have slight insomnia to this day, also I'm very afraid to sleep in the pitch dark; a 26 year old man with a night light is kind of funny I guess (lol).

This is the first time I've posted about this after lurking on here for 10 years now. I've also had strange sightings in the sky back when I live in Philly (in Atlanta now). Just like you, I have become obsessed with UFO phenomenon and or alien activity. To this day, I don't know if I'm being repeatedly abducted or not. I did have a couple of times when I experienced missing time, strange vat like bumps as if something had taken my shot with a big needle, and even I time when I woke up with my clothes backwards. It's all very strange to me. I also find sleep paralysis very interesting. I really think it's something more to it. Hey I would say if humans are being abducted, wouldn't sleep be the best time to abducted them while they couldn't tell if they were dreaming or not? Or, even implant fake dreams and or memories?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join