It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was no good reason for dropping Nukes on Japan during WW II

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have yet to read one post other than my own that thinks killing of any kind unless in self-defense is completely ridiculous and never acceptable. All wars are stupid. What they did to Japan was no less deplorable than what Japan did to Pearl Harbor, it was all senseless BS. Every day someone somewhere kills someone with a gun, a car, a bomb, etc. Many innocent people die every day and it's disgusting no matter how or who, defending ones country from an invader is one thing, but to create a war under false pretenses is an entirely different matter. I would venture to say all wars have been created out of false pretenses and therefore not acceptable period. They have happened because of one thing GREED! Try living together in peace and prepare your self spiritually for the coming changes, do not create more problems. Do not live your life in fear, let Love guide you.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
I have yet to read one post other than my own that thinks killing of any kind unless in self-defense is completely ridiculous and never acceptable. All wars are stupid. What they did to Japan was no less deplorable than what Japan did to Pearl Harbor, it was all senseless BS. Every day someone somewhere kills someone with a gun, a car, a bomb, etc. Many innocent people die every day and it's disgusting no matter how or who, defending ones country from an invader is one thing, but to create a war under false pretenses is an entirely different matter. I would venture to say all wars have been created out of false pretenses and therefore not acceptable period. They have happened because of one thing GREED! Try living together in peace and prepare your self spiritually for the coming changes, do not create more problems. Do not live your life in fear, let Love guide you.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

Then you missed mine, although worded differently, and two other threads in regard to Hiroshima and Nagasaki where I voiced likewise. Just so you realize...you "are not alone."

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
america did not want the Soviets to gain any Japaneses land.
Like Germany.

No we didn't. North/South Korea, a war waiting to start up again. East/West Germany, a flashpoint in the Cold War that thankfully never happened. What would North/South Japan have wrought? Thankfully, we'll never know. The war had to end before the Sov's took possession of more than what they did. The bombs were part of that.

America the Only one to use TRUE weapons of mass destruction on Civilians.

Please. Save the hyperbole. Weapons of Mass Destruction...Chemicals, Biological, and Nuclear. All three have been used. Biological, and chemical weapons have been used many, many times down through history. Sieges in Europe and Asia featured the use of germ warfare. Chemical warfare was invented in the west by the Greeks. Granted, all were primitive...but used never the less. The United States is hardly unique in this area. ...and how is a horde of Mongol barbarians less destructive than an atomic bomb? May take a bit more time, but just as deadly in its own horrible fashion. Ask the citizens of Russia, and Asia back in the Middle Ages...

america dropt a great deal of incendiary bombs on jap city's.
not on two city's. they wanted a clean slate.
so they could see ALL the damaged a nuc dose.
they had planed it long before. Evil.

Evil? In a war such as the Second World War, all choices are evil. There is no good, save for its ending. The bombs, horrible as they were, and are; did just that. They ended a six year global blood bath, or helped to end it.

Yes, in the process, it was a clear warning to the Soviets, this is what we can do. Don't press your luck.

It's easy in hindsight to say this action was evil, or that action is evil... Less so when you are in the moment, living the times...

Not all choices are cut and dried, black and white. Some choices are bad, and less bad. Or, if you prefer, evil and less evil.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If lessons were learned, nukes would not be sitting in launchers and subs right now. This power should be used for powering cities not destroying them.

I heard about some of the strain it had put on "some" of those involved. And I can't even imagine the torture they must feel.

Yes I do things differently now to 20 yrs ago, but America still has nuke weapons. I'm not condemning just America today, there is no good use for a nuclear weapon, they should all be dismantled.

Roaming the planet with these wepons inder the guise of deterant, these nukes are a threat, nothing else.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

You'll get no argument from me that man is not morally mature. Nuclear weapons are stupid. We learned that because of Japan. We are technologically ahead of ourselves, which is not a very stable place to be.

In all likelihood we'll destroy ourselves before we gain the necessary wisdom to stop this madness.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Can't disagree with a word you wrote.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

You'll get no argument from me that man is not morally mature. Nuclear weapons are stupid. We learned that because of Japan. We are technologically ahead of ourselves, which is not a very stable place to be.

In all likelihood we'll destroy ourselves before we gain the necessary wisdom to stop this madness.

I agree. I like to think we will come into ourselves morally, but under the control of tptb it looks less than likely

if it were up to the people, nukes would be gone, hands down, it's like we the adults are being led by selfish little children.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

I apologize, it was overlooked. 8 pages of replies, and you are the only one. Take care.

ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I hate war, having lived through it.

That said, I believe if you have to go to war...than "Unconditional Surrender" should be the end goal.

Otherwise we see what we are seeing today.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
japan reaped what it sowed..you think the japanese gave 2 sh#ts about any human being other than the emporer..look up what japan was doing in china and look up camp 731..they made mengele look like mr rogers..im not for war its terrible and nothing fair about it and nukes are bad m'k no doubt about it but it was a different time and hopefully history has learned..japan was not about to surrender..get over it

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I never could understand why people celabrate this event. This was nothing to be proud of. This country literally vaporized innocent people. Women. Children. Babies. Glorify that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

No one celebrates it. The survivors gather to remember the dead.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

They shouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor.

They were lured into attacking. First they were provoked by sanctions (to a point necessary, but never the less with a predictable outcome).

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Maybe they should have thought about what they were doing to the Chinese, especially the women.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

They had kick arse submarines which could launch planes which were equipped with biological weapons. They were going to his the US with them, but didn't in the end. They instead destroyed their submarines, so the US would not find out.

They had some incredible projects but no feasible battle plans and the necessary resources and supply network to carry them off. They knew they were doomed the US knew they had lost, that is why the Soviets acted quickly to attempt to get something out of it. (Note that the Soviets relied much in help from the US, especially in food supplies).

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How ironic that it was a Democrat President that dropped those bombs. Oh wait. The Democrats gave us WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cuban debacle and more. Just don't vote for Democrats if you don't like war. I do agree with the dropping of the bombs on Japan however. It did save more lives than it cost. Plus it demonstrated how horrible the cost if more are used. Possibly saving 100's of millions of lives in the big picture.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

The issue regarding respect from human rights was and still is to a degree a problem with culture and social structure. Take for example how human rights are generally given very little consideration across Asia, then and now. Too many people also contribute to a decreased value from human life, since ultimately we are all competing with each-others for resources...

There is even a distinction if we compare Europe and the US, partly politics but ultimately based in root historic social structures. In the US a citizen is first regarded as a unit of production, it is all down to culture and mentality even to a point about religion influence in societies ( Protestantism vs Roman Catholicism ) ...

edit on 18-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

How is acknowledging that an event, even as horrific an event as this, celebrating it?

One can believe in the necessity of an event, and still wish it hadn't been necessary. That's hardly "celebrating" it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Too bad that the dropping of the bombs is what led to the Cold War

In my opinion, the dropping of the bombs should be considered as a war crime. But, when was the last time the USA got done on War Crimes

What is interesting though, is that Japan could have had the last laugh. They had their "super weapon" deployed at the time of the bomb dropping. They had kick arse submarines which could launch planes which were equipped with biological weapons. They were going to his the US with them, but didn't in the end. They instead destroyed their submarines, so the US would not find out.

Those submarines were captured by the American navy, then sunk so the Soviets would not learn their secrets.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
It was us or them and I'm glad it was them. They had numerous chances to surrender and they didn't. They brought it upon themselves with their stubborn attitude.

They shouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor. Perhaps we wouldn't have been so ruthless if they had thought twice about attacking us in such a fashion.

Older Americans have NOT FORGOTTEN.

My grandfather talks the same way, I guess brainwashing was just as good back then as it is today. Shouldn't of bombed peral harbor? No we SHOULD of warned pearl harbor of the attack since they knew about it before hand. Kinda strange how america moved all their good ships out of the docks before the attack and left the old crappy ones to burn.

Was us or them thats pathetic.
It was a navy battle the entire time...then the americans decided they were too lazy or too scared to go fight the japs face to face and instead of SIGNING A PEACE TREATY they demanded terms of surrender knowing that the japanese NEVER SURRENDER...kinda strange dont you think (of course not for you) So America sought out to be cowards and mass murderer's (not suprised) and dropped 2 nuclear warheads on them.

No one should use nuclear weapons on people at all plain and simple. They shouldn't even exist, but we all know how humans are obsessed with death and destruction. HAIL TO THE MASS MURDERER'S. Go say your pledge of allegiance.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join