It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Party candidate Jill Stein arrested outside debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm still an undecided voter, but Jill and Rocky Anderson are looking pretty good to me right now. I like the idea of a New New Deal...and I need a job!

Too bad science hasn't caught up so we could clone FDR back from the dead (even if he would be a head in a jar like on Futurama) or even Teddy Roosevelt.

And speaking of cloning and science, I'm still waiting for my Andy Gibb....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Eh.. this was a publicity stunt for them to get attention. Although they deserve attention - i think it's indicative of the green party. They Green party is a hodge podge platform all unrealistic.

I saw Johnson turned away from just VIEWING the debate and he had gone through the necessary channels and had permission and the credentials to get in! That truly shows fear.

I will say that the third parties are kept out because the two big parties are corrupt and scared of third parties gaining support. I am not even saying that publicity stunts aren't necessary, but just that this was obviously a publicity stunt.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
You can either vote for corrupt person A, or corrupt person B. That's it.

It doesn't matter which one you vote for because either one will take instructions from the same corrupt 'government within the government', and either one will lie through their back teeth to you while robbing you blind. The ones who won't do things their way are not included on the poll list.

Same schit - different shovel.
edit on 17-10-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

QFT. But voting isnt the only thing you can do, you can seek to get actively involved, until legal means, through the control of the media isnt enough anymore to sway the voting public and a confrontation ensues, where those in power have either to resort to voting fraud, threatening candidates not under their control or outright violence to keep people not under their control out of government.

The blacks didnt stop trying to get into white areas because they are not allowed in anyway either.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I had never heard of her before, I am a Brit. I just watched her on RT news and she was a really good speaker and knew what she was talking about. She has links to the occupi movement and is against the banksters gang. She said romney is a wolf in a sheeps coat, as is obama. Bail outs to wall street, under obama. Trillions of dollars unaccounted for. Romney would do the exact same as they are two cheeks of the same ass. Hope people wake up and get to listen to her.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Johnson has said all the same things but his plans make sense. She supports taxing the rich more, and the poor less, but she supports government spending on tons of "green" initiatives. Libertarians generally support ending income tax and smaller government. Stein wouldn't have to tax rich people more (or anyone more) if she had intentions of shrinking the government. In reality she wants to shrink in one part and enlarge spending in another.

Gary Johnson all the way.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I am not an American so I dont know. Sounded good enough to me, better than the bs from the other 2 muppets running R/D partys. Dosnt matter who says it but things have got to change. 2 party politics is a load of cobblers IMO. Thats why it was set up that way. Time for a new system over there. 3rd party would be good if the 3rd party was not in bed with the other 2 partys. Never mind rich/poor ect. Its a modern world we should have gotten past that bs by now. We should all be working to geather to the betterment of every one. Guess thats why they keep us all devided. United we stand and devided we fall.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I agree, and I agree with the some of what she says, but a lot of her green party platform is crazy and will destroy jobs. Johnson believes the same about the system but he actually intends to shrink it.. unfortunately not as much as Dr. Paul, but it will do. We don't even have a real two party system they are so similar, but a third party candidate would really change the game soo much. It would force the others to work harder and the introduction would single handedly inject honesty into the campaign. I mean with a third party you won't have to worry about a candidate refusing to outline their plan and still expect half the vote. It just wouldn't fly anymore. So you are right on there.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't understand what the big deal is. If anyone wants to waste their vote, they can write-in their green, purple, blue, pink candidate on their ballot.

Hopefully one day they will wake up and realize there is only one candidate that can defeat Obama.

Yes, it is the lessor of two evils, but BO has got to go.

Grand agendas and principles don't mean JACK when we have a current administration like we do.

They must be defeated if you want any semblance of a free America to remain.

I am registered Independent BTW.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Lawsuits should be filed against the debate commission, and against the polling companies who neglect third parties, thus making it impossible(or at least difficult) for such parties to get the proper exposure. It is not possible to get 15% unless proper advertising is done and the media does its job properly.

We have had a rogue two party government for a long time. It reminds me of the banker governments in greece and italy....I mean literally banking heads taking over from democratically elected officials with unknown statues in place.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Johnson has said all the same things but his plans make sense. She supports taxing the rich more, and the poor less, but she supports government spending on tons of "green" initiatives. Libertarians generally support ending income tax and smaller government. Stein wouldn't have to tax rich people more (or anyone more) if she had intentions of shrinking the government. In reality she wants to shrink in one part and enlarge spending in another.

Gary Johnson all the way.

If we nationalise the federal reserve and cancel out all fraudulent debt(as should be done and has been done in the past by other nations) then small government would not only be unnecessary but a rather stupid idea as well.

I am not for a huge government, but it does need to be big enough to do what it is supposed to do. Industry should be nationalised as well as protectionist measures put into place to stop american companies from outsourcing labor and then importing stuff back to america tariff free with huge gains to show for their abrassive methods. Saving a few bucks in the price is no excuse to put millions of americans out of a job...it is evil/sick!

Gary Johnson and Ron Paul are anti-war and anti corruption to some extent and thus ok, but given a choice I would never vote libertarian, just as much as I would never vote republican.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
information iv for our consciousness :>

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I agree we should hang the cat and beat it with a broom

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Its all corrupt.

Our Govt now elects itself.

We have no voice.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda

Originally posted by doobydoll
You can either vote for corrupt person A, or corrupt person B. That's it.

It doesn't matter which one you vote for because either one will take instructions from the same corrupt 'government within the government', and either one will lie through their back teeth to you while robbing you blind. The ones who won't do things their way are not included on the poll list.

Same schit - different shovel.
edit on 17-10-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

QFT. But voting isnt the only thing you can do, you can seek to get actively involved, until legal means, through the control of the media isnt enough anymore to sway the voting public and a confrontation ensues, where those in power have either to resort to voting fraud, threatening candidates not under their control or outright violence to keep people not under their control out of government.

The blacks didnt stop trying to get into white areas because they are not allowed in anyway either.

Voting fraud is already happening and has been for years.

And the fact that some Presidents have been assassinated (or attempted), should tell you that those who don't 'tow the line' will be disposed of, and replaced by someone who will.

What does QFT mean?
edit on 18-10-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The Green party still exists? The media hasn't given them any press. They can't even get arrested in this town. Well almost..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am pretty sure people are afraid to vote for parties they have never heard of and don't have the time to research of either. When democrats and republicans get anywhere between 90% to 100% of the total airtime on most major news outlets, that in turn paints the picture that these small parties are extremist orientated.

People who voted in the past repeatedly are aware that there are more than two parties in each election, well at least in some states where the small parties have managed to accumulate enough popular support.

The msm(news and polls) purposefully ignore and/or try to paint them in a negative fashion. It directly helps the duopoly maintain its iron fist and most people are too ignorant to know these two parties have enormous vested interest everywhere.

I am not suprised independants and small parties are excluded from the debates on the pretense that you need at least 15% popular support to make sure the debate is not a waste of time. Sure there should be some minimums applied but at least give others a reasonable chance to push their product. If it wasn't for the internet many parties would not even register for the election, that is how narrow focused the media has become.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Call the sponsors of the presidential debate commission to pull their sponsorship.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join