It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Troubled' Families Could Be Legally Banned From Spending Benefits On Alcohol And Tobacco

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

If they did implement this plan, just imagine all the millions and millions of dollars worth of benefits money which would be freed up to be used to do things like, oh I don't know, buy stuff which children need, like clothes, toothbrushes toothpaste, soap and shampoo, cold medicine, maybe even a toy or two here and there, and other such things their parents should put higher up on the priority list other than alcohol and cigarettes.

This is a new one.

So what you`re actually saying here is that people on benefits don`t even buy clothes,toothbrushes,toothpaste,soap shampoo, cold medicine, toys etc etc.

Wow.....they`ve really got to some of you people.
What a stupid remark to make.
How low in your books ARE these people ?

I`ve lived in a town nearly sixty years, where there`s always been high unemployment and what you`re presuming about how people on welfare treat their kids is diabolcal......dear me

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

If they did implement this plan, just imagine all the millions and millions of dollars worth of benefits money which would be freed up to be used to do things like, oh I don't know, buy stuff which children need, like clothes, toothbrushes toothpaste, soap and shampoo, cold medicine, maybe even a toy or two here and there, and other such things their parents should put higher up on the priority list other than alcohol and cigarettes.

Never take the government's word at face value-except when they tell you that they'll kill you.

A source in the Deutsche Bank claims that in 2008 our financial and monetary system completely collapsed and since that time the banking cartels have been “propping up the system” to make it appear as if everything was fine.
In reality our stock market and monetary systems are fake; meaning that there is nothing holding them in place except the illusion that they have stabilized since the Stock Market Crash nearly 5 years ago.
Sorry The Golden Eggs are running out Fast the Old & the Poor Are the first to feel the Burn

The Group that still throws all they have into a job for a pay check can only Feed there own..& not all of them can aford cold medicine & toys Just Gas& Food.,Power, Maybe a toy at Christmas
If they rely on the Government exspect Cut backs to feed the rich

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I appreciate the advice.

I contacted the State and they went through everything to take sure I was not lying. basically what they said was if I get 3 months behind, they will turn it over to my local enforcement (I live in another State than where I pay), and at that point it would be up the local Office to decide how to enforce. Overall they are being pretty cool about things.... but I also used my last paycheck to make sure the order was up to date. Hence why I been on the Ramen Noodle/Spam diet for a month now

So thus far I am only one month behind, soon to be two once this month is over.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

wrong dude sorry.
edit on 14-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

"If they did implement this plan, just imagine all the millions and millions of dollars worth of benefits money which would be freed up to be used to do things like"

Buy more military toys to kill innocent brown and black people is my guess!

Or mount even more CCTV cameras so they can keep tabs on what we are doing, like smoking and drinking! LoL

Take your pick pal. There are a multitude of things they could do, trust me it wont be anything good!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

If you were making 1100 per month or less then you would get 143 per week in benifits or 572 per month...

Sorry but this is incorrect as are most your calculations. Most States, if not all States, have a maximum benefit allowance. In my State it is $254 per week. In the State of Washington, as you use in your example, it is $454 per week. There is also no 143 weeks, in the State of Washington it is 26 weeks, much like it is for me here in Louisiana.

That was $143 per week for a total of $572 per month. $143 per week is minimum with over $600 as max per week.

Wifi? In my State it is illegal to simply use another's wifi connection for my own personal internet, and as of 2 years ago that little secret is out in the open as the local cable/internet provider began measuring people's usage. Connecting to someone's Wifi without permission in my State in considered stealing.

I ment like a laptop or tablet at a Starbucks type WiFi

How much were you making before you lost your job?

Roughly $2500 per month.

Then here you would be getting about 1000 to per month.
edit on 14-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wish they gave out welfare ID cards that were loaded with money that ONLY 1 person can use... So when they go to the store to make their grocery purchases they can't buy alcohol or Tobacco... The card just denies purchases like that immediately.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"I wish they gave out welfare ID cards that were loaded with money that ONLY 1 person can use... So when they go to the store to make their grocery purchases they can't buy alcohol or Tobacco... The card just denies purchases like that immediately."

LoL Be very careful what you wish for mate, you might just get it!

Here is a what if for you? You become unemployed, "they" give you a card telling you what you can and cannot purchase, your Mother, Child or Partner gets sick. But the medicine they need is on "There" prohibited list in your case because you are unemployed.

Your loved one dies in your arms!

What would you do then?

Coz the above horrible, evil, nasty scenario is coming to a town near you if this kind of atrocity ever comes to pass!

Its allready a postcode lottery for Cancer treatment here in the UK so it might not be that far away!

How would you like them apples?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

I appreciate the advice.

No problem.

So thus far I am only one month behind, soon to be two once this month is over.

If you tell me what State issued the order I can help you out - this is the point. Don't wait till you get 90 days in arrears. You have the right to petition to lower your obligation based on significant financial hardship or a change in circumstances.

Once you get in arrears you'll have that "deadbeat stigma" attached; it may well take 60-90 days to get on the docket and you can't pay so will end up in arrears regardless. However, in the meantime if they see you took proactive steps to reduce your obligations through the courts in the proper way you won't have to fight the deadbeat stigma. It is hard to fight the bias that comes with that status (90 days in arrears) in court. At least try and file it will show your intent with the court to do the right thing and that should help you overcome the bias. I've seen it work against people (men and women) in your situation too many times. Family court and child support enforcement are full of die hard activists with an agenda - their pay and benefits are direct linked to the amount of money they bring into the system "in trust" they make money off of every transaction you pay in and they pay out to whomever the recipient is.

That is why a lot of States took away even the option of having one parent pay support directly to the other - the system operates off the banking fees and filing fees...

They will say taking the direct payment option away takes away all the likelihood of non-payment and conflict between the parents and benefits the child. This is a BS lie. Seen plenty of instances in NC of people wanting to do the right thing and the system no allowing them to.

I am not a lawyer but have worked in support enforcement both for the system and for those fighting it as a private investigator.

I'd be glad to point you to the right forms and with whom to file them in family court - they will even waive the filing fees if you can prove your indigent status as your circumstance of being completely dependent on public assistance would indicate.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I wish they gave out welfare ID cards that were loaded with money that ONLY 1 person can use... So when they go to the store to make their grocery purchases they can't buy alcohol or Tobacco... The card just denies purchases like that immediately.

This just gets worse !

Do you work for the government or something cos you certainly sound like a politician ?
Why do you jump on the bandwagon demanding poor people aren't allowed to smoke or drink ?

I think some on here need to sit down and think what they're actually agreeing to.
Don't you think these governments have taken away enough of our freedoms ?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The amount of payabouts is very small potatoes when the unemployment rates are double digits......
Those lucky or connected enough to have jobs are taking it in the behind just to keep them, with wage cuts and freezes and part time hours so the company pays no fair share of the benefits like UI or holiday pay etc....
It should be illegal to hire somebody for one day short of the waiting period for the union, then lay them off only to call them in next week again to start the waiting period again from scratch....i worked half a year 29 days at a time and never did get in the union.....this kind of crap is patently anti people and corporate profits motivated....timeto make the corporations NON PEOPLE AGAIN!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Tokens? No drink or cigs?
Recall those bosnians? They had tokens for food and clothes. Guess what? All they had to do was to visit a local shop owned by an asian. Who would gladly swop the tokens, for any thing they wanted. I know this for a fact, as I stood in a shop and watched it happen in front of my eyes. Another day I was in a super market and a refugee type was at the front of the queue. He wanted to buy a 40 inch plasma with food tokens. The cashier said I cant do that, so she rang for the manager. He arrived and said its alright just get him to pay the rest in cash. He was about £50 short. The refugee pulled out an American express card to pay the remainder of the bill. I said wait a minute, those tokens are for starving kids and women refugees. If you sell him that telly then I will have you arrested for fraud. He left without the TV.
As some one already mentioned, what about the banksters? The Libor scandal? Biggest theft in history for trillions of pounds and no one gets arrrested. That muppet cameron even stood up in the house of parliment and said that no crime was committed.
No jobs no money, wife and kids screaming at you. Bills coming out of your ears and no way to cover it all. Scrimping to make ends meet. I`d need a drink just to calm me down because the way things are going. It wont be long before we are all out in the streets like the spanish/greeks/portuguese ect. A revolution is coming one way or the other. Either that or another war, which seems to be the govts answer to kick start the economy. Remember the past, this has all happened before.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm all for smart cards, and I'm a bleeding heart liberal

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

Originally posted by jhn7537

This just gets worse !

Do you work for the government or something cos you certainly sound like a politician ?
Why do you jump on the bandwagon demanding poor people aren't allowed to smoke or drink ?

I think some on here need to sit down and think what they're actually agreeing to.
Don't you think these governments have taken away enough of our freedoms ?

Well I'm the taxpayer paying for their welfare/unemployment so I should have a say in where the money is used... I also feel they should be drug tested to be able to collect... I'm NOT supporting an addiction.. When they secure employment they can have a drink or a smoke, but I WONT support their habits when they CANT support it themselves...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

"A revolution is coming one way or the other."

Maybe you have something there. Let them take away our fags and booze, i will give it a week and the revolution will be in full swing!

Im hanging me a banker(Joke)! LoL

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"Well I'm the taxpayer paying for their welfare/unemployment so I should have a say in where the money is used"

Should you really? Do you have a degree in Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, anything that would actually qualifi you to make such a decision? Maybe your David Cameron? You can see where im going with this im sure.

"I also feel they should be drug tested to be able to collect... I'm NOT supporting an addiction"

I think you might need some drug testing, im sure you would fit right in with the other lab rats.

"When they secure employment they can have a drink or a smoke, but I WONT support their habits when they CANT support it themselves"

Build a time machine and head for Germany, 30 January 1933. I think you will like the climate there!

P.S Tell Adolf, Andy says you dont need pants for a victory dance! LoL

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by jhn7537

"Well I'm the taxpayer paying for their welfare/unemployment so I should have a say in where the money is used"

Should you really? Do you have a degree in Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, anything that would actually qualifi you to make such a decision? Maybe your David Cameron? You can see where im going with this im sure.

"I also feel they should be drug tested to be able to collect... I'm NOT supporting an addiction"

I think you might need some drug testing, im sure you would fit right in with the other lab rats.

"When they secure employment they can have a drink or a smoke, but I WONT support their habits when they CANT support it themselves"

Build a time machine and head for Germany, 1938. I think you will like climate!

Very cute response!!!

First off, YES I should have say and you don't need to be a political figure to have an opinion. It's MY taxed dollars, the US Govt. is By the PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE... SO i better have a say...

Second, I'm not a degenerate drug addict and I also HOLD employment (earning a very decent living)...I'm not leaching off this Govt.

Comparing us to 1938 Germany because I don't want my tax money going to alcohol and cigarettes just PROVES how ridiculous you are... You obviously want LESS Govt... Fine, I can do less Govt. and by less Govt. they can stop taking my tax money to pay for the poor...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"Very cute response!!!"

Thank you very much, i try my best!

"First off, YES I should have say and you don't need to be a political figure to have an opinion. It's MY taxed dollars, the US Govt. is By the PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE... SO i better have a say..."

You do however require some degree of aptitude in the field to make the kind of judgment we are discussing. Im Scottish so our system of goverment is a little, shall we say less repellent(referring to the current U.S gov) depending on ones opinion.

"Second, I'm not a degenerate drug addict and I also HOLD employment (earning a very decent living)...I'm not leaching off this Govt."

Not yet, but what if? Could happen to anyone of us im afraid!

"Comparing us to 1938 Germany"

Have you seen what your mighty America is upto these days(Also my own country)??? Look out a window, read the news paper(Mostly lies though). Do i really need to spell out the similarities between America and Nazi germany?

"because I don't want my tax money going to alcohol and cigarettes just PROVES how ridiculous you are... You obviously want LESS Govt... Fine, I can do less Govt. and by less Govt. they can stop taking my tax money to pay for the poor"

How does it go again "Bring me your poor and weak" now whos ridiculous, eh?

God help America and also my own mighty nation! LoL

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

As Andy rightly said, it could always happen to you... Never take what you have for granted because someday, something, might bite you in the ass.
edit on 14-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by jhn7537

As Andy rightly said, it could always happen to you... Never take what you have for granted because someday, something, might bight you in the ass.

It could always happen, but it wont... And even if i was in a bad financial situation i would never want handouts from the Govt.... Too proud, I prefer to earn my own keep... i will NEVER be dependent on anyone else...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join