It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Troubled' Families Could Be Legally Banned From Spending Benefits On Alcohol And Tobacco

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The welfare state of Canada has ruined my people (First Nations) with 'compassion' money, they took away our culture to make us consumers. Free money meant addictions and contempt towards the Canadian majority who in turn look at us with hatred.

This rule should have been put in place decades ago but the well meaning liberals would have screamed racist when ultimately it would have saved my people from living on city streets, aimless and ruined.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Seems a few things need to be clarified..

Firstly, this is not about the USA. In fact, for those that posted such comments within the context of the USA, it just proves people don't read the OP or the article that goes with it.

Secondly, this will not be a blanket ban on anyone in receipt of benefits not being able to buy drink or fags. This is to specifically target known "problem" families that are already known to Social Services, the sort of families where the kids go to school hungry while Dad is down the bookies or buying White lightning or Mum is smoking 90 a day and can't be bothered to cook a proper meal.

We all know those sorts of families, the one's that are happy to send their kids to school in the winter without a coat, or shoes or even breakfast while making sure they have a few bottles of cheap Whisky lying about..

The genuine unemployed, poor or "needy" that aren't in this category will still be able to spend "their" money as they see fit...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

""problem" families that are already known to Social Services"

Should anyones family live really be privy to anyone other than immediate family and friends. Certainly not government agencies. If "They" take there fags and drink away they will just steal them IMHO of course.

Ile probably be tagged as a racist(My partner is Muslim by the way) for this, but i say stop the immigrants and asylum seekers coming and maybe we would still be able to pay for our benefits system!
edit on 15-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by jhn7537

"Then if thats the case, they don't deserve to collect any money.. If you don't follow the rules, you are immediately removed from the program... And if you're caught once, it all ends... No More HANDOUTS"

Do you want said people to screw your house, essentially steal the milk out your tea? Coz thats what would happen crime rates would rise by 100s of percent! Things like larceny, murder, rape, kidnaping will all become 100s of times more prevalent. Have you seem whats happening in Mexico???

Not a pritty picture eh?

I would not give in to violence or threats. If someone wants to come rob my house, they can feel free to try but when they enter without permission and I'm sitting there with a shotgun, then I will feel zero sadness when I take their lives...

I kind of relate it to a parent dealing with a kid throwing a temper-tantrum, do you just give them the toy or candy to make them stop crying? Or do you do the responsible thing, you allow them to throw their tantrum because you know ultimately it will end...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"I would not give in to violence or threats. If someone wants to come rob my house, they can feel free to try but when they enter without permission and I'm sitting there with a shotgun, then I will feel zero sadness when I take their lives"

Yeh coz you are pure hard, these people would eat you for breakfast mate. What you going to do stay in all the time or take your shotgun for a walk with you?

"I kind of relate it to a parent dealing with a kid throwing a temper-tantrum, do you just give them the toy or candy to make them stop crying? Or do you do the responsible thing, you allow them to throw their tantrum because you know ultimately it will end"

You give the masses what they want. Prime example is Julius Caesar and he was a Tyrant, but the people(Joe Public) loved him. When you dont give them what they want, well look up what happened to Marie-Antoinette(french revolution).

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I think you're painting a very unrealistic picture.. You act like order will just go away, like police won't be patrolling the streets anymore... I doubt any extreme would ever happen, i just that if that happened my Govt. would declare marshal law to bring order back... We're not Mexico, my friend.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"I think you're painting a very unrealistic picture.. You act like order will just go away"

Yeh coz we really have a firm grip on order right now.

"like police won't be patrolling the streets anymore... I doubt any extreme would ever happen, i just that if that happened my Govt. would declare marshal law to bring order back... We're not Mexico, my friend."

How short sighted are you? By the way we are discussing UK politics and policy implimentasion. Even so America would burn just like my own nation.

Police cant keep up the now, how do you think they will cope when there citys are burning and crime has skyrocketed 100s of percent?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

""problem" families that are already known to Social Services"

Should anyones family live really be privy to anyone other than immediate family and friends. Certainly not government agencies. If "They" take there fags and drink away they will just steal them IMHO of course.

Me thinks you are somewhat confused.

You do know what I mean by "known to Social Services", don't you? If you do and still believe that "anyone's family life should be private" then you must therefore support people like Baby P's parents being allowed to do as they pleased and murder a small child? That's the sort of family that is meant by "known to Social Services".

Originally posted by andy06shake[/i
Ile probably be tagged as a racist(My partner is Muslim by the way) for this, but i say stop the immigrants and asylum seekers coming and maybe we would still be able to pay for our benefits system!

While there is an issue with immigration, it is nowhere near the cost of our own, home cooked brand of muppet who milk the system. The fact you seem to want to blame the immigrant rather than addressing a dire social problem shows you certainly have a few bigoted bones in your body, despite protestations to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

"I think you're painting a very unrealistic picture.. You act like order will just go away, like police won't be patrolling the streets anymore... I doubt any extreme would ever happen, i just that if that happened my Govt. would declare marshal law to bring order back... We're not Mexico, my friend."

Police cant keep up the now, how do you think they will cope when there citys are burning and crime has skyrocketed 100s of percent?

Well, I feel that police in my area are doing a fine job. I've never felt unsafe, crime isn't soaring at all, maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones... The point I'm trying to make is that I doubt the Govt. would ever allow a city get to a point where it's burning down..

Question- How do you honestly feel about welfare and unemployment? Do you believe it's a good thing? Do you think people take advantage of the programs?

I'm guessing you know how I feel. I'm okay with taking my hard earned money to help others who are desperate, I just want a say in where the money goes. I honestly don't want my money pay for booze or cigarettes. I want it going to necessities for the person to live, like food, shelter, etc...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Stumason i dont want to blame anyone. I just want my civil liberties to remain as they are. If you don't think immigration is a problem in our fair nation then what can i say, come to Glasgow have a look around.

The baby P issue you raised does show the need for Social work(At some level), but trust me they ruin more lives than they save.

In a perfect world we would be able to live where ever we want. But its not perfect world by any means now is it?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And what reasoning leads you to believe that this would happen?

These "problem familes" are already responsible for a fair amount of crime themselves. We all know the types, the ones on the estate no-one messes with as they have 8 kids all ready to rough you up, or worse.

You seem to be totally unaware of what is actually up for discussion here and seem to be focussed on some bizarre little fantasy world instead..

Or maybe, you are in one of these "problem families" and feel threatened?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And how would your liberties be affected by this, exactly?

Unless you mean the liberty to not work, doss round the house drinking while the children wear dirty clothes, go hungry and are out all hours causing a nuisance because Mum and Dad don't give a fluck...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

"These "problem familes" are already responsible for a fair amount of crime themselves. We all know the types, the ones on the estate no-one messes with as they have 8 kids all ready to rough you up, or worse."

"The Types", i dont know what to say to that except we are all people. These poor sods were born on these estates, they had no hand in the creation of the wellfare state we now live in.

Take ther fags and booze, i dont see it ending well.

"Or maybe, you are in one of these "problem families" and feel threatened?"

I dont feel threatened, but i have been there and i do live on an estate.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

They may not have a hand in its' creation, but they are damn well happy enough to use it, so not sure what your point is.

The thing is, they know the system better than most, as it is ingrained in their family by generations all doing the same. Everyone has the same opportunity in life (after all do we not have compulsory education?) but many squander it then like to blame those that have succeeded for their own failings...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Drug use is nothing more than predictive programing. Nice try though. Noticed I said 'I do not' rather than 'I've never'.

edit on 15-10-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: face!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Seems Legit.

I do not drink nor do drugs, I do roll my own tobacco once in awhile, but people on assistance should not be able to use those funds for alcohol or tobacco and should also be drug tested randomly. Welfare is a privilege not a GD right...

edit on 14-10-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

Have you ever been on benefits ?
I should imagine you believe everything your government and media tell you about people on benefits.

Do you feel the same about the criminal bankers and the criminal government and politicians ?
The same about every person that cheats the tax system ?

Strange how all of the people on benefits or in low paid jobs are suddenly the scum of the earth who dont deserve to have any quality of life.
You`ve all been reeled in by the people who are actually taking every bit of dignity, rights and freedom away from us.

They`ve got us all in debt and then blame the people.
Not themselves or the bankers or industrialists.

No.....they blame us and tell us we have to do without to get the country back on it`s feet and in the meantime remind us that those at the bottom of the pile are more at fault because they can`t find work thats not there so lets not allow them to smoke or drink because they`re low life and don`t desreve NOTHING.

It just saddens me that all this crap we`re putting up with from criminal governments can be so easily turned on those in poverty.

And i know some people milk the system but to say people on benefits should only be allowed to spend their money on what a group of people have decided makes me worried about how brainwashed society is today.

Red Herring. Nice try.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

"They may not have a hand in its' creation, but they are damn well happy enough to use it, so not sure what your point is."

They are born into it, what else can they do? Monkey see Monkey do!

"The thing is, they know the system better than most, as it is ingrained in their family by generations all doing the same."

So how do we fix it, by taking away there right to freedom. Seem rather harsh.

"Everyone has the same opportunity in life (after all do we not have compulsory education?) but many squander it then like to blame those that have succeeded for their own failings"

If you seriously believe everyone has the same opportunity in life then your delusional. Now whos in a fantasy world?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

"Drug use is nothing more than predictive programing."

Predictive programing by who exactly?

"Nice try though. Noticed I said 'I do not 'I've never'."

Dont understand, please elaborate?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Why don't you just hit the quote button when you respond to one of us? It's MUCH easier to follow / read replies from you...haha

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"Why don't you just hit the quote button when you respond to one of us? It's MUCH easier to follow / read replies from you...haha"

Im sorry are you trying to take away my right to use my " key now!

I do it the way i allways have. HAHA!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join