It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Interesting story, but why was this addressed to me?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It isn't in response to anything you put.

I thought it ran along the same idea as your thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Um, you answered the question without answering it.

He knew they would take the fruit, beause he's omniscient. All possibilities and all actualities are known, from the beginning of time until the end. That's what omniscient means. So he knew they would defy his orders, he knew the serpent would tempt them, he KNEW the tree would be too much of a temptation for them - he knew the result of every single variable in that garden.

I did this with a friend the other night. There was a wrapper on the ground, and I told him, "I'm going to kick that wrapper. Stop me if you want to, I will not resist." And I kicked the wrapper. He did not stop me. That was the same as him saying, "I don't care if you kick that wrapper." I recreated omniscience and omnipotence as best as I could in that scenario, and I made my point.

So in other words, everything that happened in that garden happened according to his will. If he had not wanted it to happen, he would have either created Adam and Eve accordingly, neglected to add the tree, or made damn sure that serpent wasn't in the garden. What happened, could not have happened any other way. And yet, oddly enough, all the required variables were in place.

He even KNEW they would be tempted. He told them NOT to take that fruit. He knew they would be tempted somehow. And yet, he let all the pieces fall into place in such a way that the odds were increasingly stacked against their chances of obeying him.

He was omniscient and omnipotent and omnipresent. There is no explanation other than, "He wanted it to happen." There is no excuse. And from your lack of addressing it directly, I'm going to assume that you don't have a good answer for it either.

He chose to let it happen. And in the court of law, that's called an "accomplice". "God" is just as guilty as anyone in the garden that day, because he had the power to stop it at any time, the power to prevent that situation from developing before the garden even existed, and he chose not to. That was his choice.

He has dealt with the consequences ever since. That's probably why he's so ticked.

Um.... No ..... I answered it just fine. So I thought anyway. If you have a difference in opinion then so be it.

It was/is pretty obvious that learning has everything to do with why we are here and WHY things happen to us that hurt or pain us in some way. Some of us learn the hard way as a mistake is never a mistake if we continue to make the same choices expecting different results. Understanding is key.

We are speaking opinions.... so here is mine.

He didn't KNOW anything, having a good idea is still not knowing. He was HOPING we would not take the "fruit". He was HOPING we would not be so rebellious. He was HOPING his creation would not just walk away thinking they could do it better WITHOUT HIM. He was HOPEFUL. In this creation we can see that there are many possibilities that exist. With each and every single choice there is an outcome related. Even the end has possibilities that DEPEND ON US.... each and every one of US.

Everyone loves to blame others instead of taking responsibility and this is what I see and hear from people all the time.

If God intervened all the time with each of us.... what would be the point of even experiencing an Earth-School? What would be the point if everything was decided for us. We would not have free will to make choices on our own.

God could have saved each and everyone of us a lot of pain and just wiped us off the planet to a non existence.

If that is what you want.... maybe you will get it someday.

If you would like to continue to learn the hard way.... just keep your chin up and hope that you make choices that go along with the good order of nature.
Know that God will guide you but don't go crying and blaming him when you do not heed a warning or do not listen to your gut.

God communicates with ME. I can only speak for me.... but I can say that I am nothing special.... so If he talks to me... he talks to you.

I listen. That may be the only difference. I trust.... that may be another difference.

I blame myself for MY misgivings and do not blame God because I am not perfect. I don't blame the creator for teaching HIS WAY. Just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by MrUncreated

She's probably too ashamed of us all to pay a visit, and Dad's gone deaf because he never listens to prayers anymore.

He answers prayers more than you think, just not in the way many would expect. You say you want that new job, but are you ready for it? He will test you first, and if you fail that test, well, you will need more time to become ready. That is just one example.

I would never pray for something so mundane as a job. The entire world is a mess, and only an all-powerful deity could clean it up now. And I was right about the mother, eh? I don't blame her.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That story is about as practical as a punch to the face. You learn to duck pretty quickly, but your mind isn't much better for it.

Using the logic in that story, I could say, "Hey, there's a magical stone that turns urine into wine." You would say, "No there isn't," and I would say "Prove it."

Argument from ignorance... what have I landed myself in?

edit on 15-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Using the logic in that story, I could say, "Hey, there's a magical stone that turns urine into wine." You would say, "No there isn't," and I would say "Prove it."

Actually I would say "drink it" since you want to put words in my mouth.
For your sake I would hope it was wine.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And since you want to put philosophies in my head, I would say Osama bin Laden was an expression of "God" because for some reason, "God" hates America.

Just like I couldn't prove that butterfly wasn't "God", you couldn't prove that a terrorist isn't either.

Disclaimer: this is JUST an example. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And since you want to put philosophies in my head, I would say Osama bin Laden was an expression of "God" because for some reason, "God" hates America.

Just like I couldn't prove that butterfly wasn't "God", you couldn't prove that a terrorist isn't either.

Disclaimer: this is JUST an example. Nothing more.

stop baiting
I wasn't "putting philosophies in your head"
it was just a story

If you are so intent on being argumentative and you have all the answers .... answer me this.
Why is it as soon as someone mentions God some people seem to think they have to attack people for their beliefs regardless of religion.
I am perfectly content leaving you to your own beliefs ... if you could possibly do me the same courtesy.
You could look back at the previous page and see that I said to you that I didn't disagree with what you posted.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yeah, sorry. I'm a little irritated by people consistently providing cute little proverbs that could be construed in a number of ways. It doesn't really point you in the right direction, it just offers you a way of making bullcrap sound good.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The entire world is a mess, and only an all-powerful deity could clean it up now.

It will be done, you will see changes soon. If nothing changes after that change, (mans way of doing things), then the end will come sooner than expected.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
Yes I agree with that.
People need more patience, let go of the instant gratification they expect.
I also think a lot of people tend to focus more on asking for specific "things".
People I knew would say they'd pray to God to win the lottery or something stupid like that.
They should've kept it simple like just asking to be blessed. And they also failed to thank and praise God.

You are so right about about giving God thanks and praise for what He does for us, gives us, etc, not just the big things, but also the little things we take for granted, e.g., another day, good friends, good health, and so on. I even thank Him for a great parking spot.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Two days ago I had this dream that was atypical for me. In my dream I saw the chosen ones rising into the sky. They were all Jewish. The 144,000. For some reason I was flying on some kind of apparatus watching them ascend.

From behind me I heard the sound of a machine gun firing on the ones ascending. In a very deep loud booming voice the word "STOP" was heard. It was God speaking just that one word.

The ones ascending continued on their journey unharmed from being shot. Except for one. One fell and hit the ocean. But the ocean was frozen over. He hit the ice but felt no pain and he was alright.

At that point I jolted out of my sleep. Let me point out that I am not religious. I have no idea why I had this dream at all. But I did hear the voice of God! Albeit in a dream. Strange, huh?

One other little strange factoid is that all the Jewish people that were ascending had a physical deformity. They all had one leg shorter than the other....by half! Guess I need a psychotherapist. Sorry if I was off topic. Just needed to share this.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The entire world is a mess, and only an all-powerful deity could clean it up now.

It will be done, you will see changes soon. If nothing changes after that change, (mans way of doing things), then the end will come sooner than expected.

"You will see changes soon."
If you add "Dear Ones" to the end of that statement, SaLuSa (aka Mike Quinsey) and his ilk have been spouting that rubbish for years and years.
Yes, I see changes. Just never for the better. And I am sick of being alive on this planet, and I am sick of being confused and clouded by its owners, and most of all I am sick of being alone and empty with absolutely no value, whatsoever. Ah, why do I bother. I can still choose to die. It's only a matter of time before I reach the bottom.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yesterdaysreality

Yes true.
People are very "gimme gimme" I want this or I want that.
Just sitting down to dinner I sometimes forget to say Grace. Good thing my son remembers.
Just simple thanks and being grateful for what you have.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
reply to post by jhill76

Two days ago I had this dream that was atypical for me. In my dream I saw the chosen ones rising into the sky. They were all Jewish. The 144,000. For some reason I was flying on some kind of apparatus watching them ascend.

From behind me I heard the sound of a machine gun firing on the ones ascending. In a very deep loud booming voice the word "STOP" was heard. It was God speaking just that one word.

The ones ascending continued on their journey unharmed from being shot. Except for one. One fell and hit the ocean. But the ocean was frozen over. He hit the ice but felt no pain and he was alright.

At that point I jolted out of my sleep. Let me point out that I am not religious. I have no idea why I had this dream at all. But I did hear the voice of God! Albeit in a dream. Strange, huh?

One other little strange factoid is that all the Jewish people that were ascending had a physical deformity. They all had one leg shorter than the other....by half! Guess I need a psychotherapist. Sorry if I was off topic. Just needed to share this.

That's not off topic at all.
You said you aren't religious but it is down as prophesy that many people will experience visions and messages before the end. I think it has to do with the fact that people "on the fence" have to be signaled to choose a side. That is just my opinion, though.
It does sound like a powerful dream. Did you "feel" any emotional energy? disappointment, anger, love?

edit on 10/16/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

There is indeed a mother, but she doesn't come here like Father does.

The Mother is already here, and has always been hear, for anyone seeking Her. I easily found Her, and everyone can, if they wish to.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

There is no him or her, it just IS. All of our attempts to define or label Source, and the closest we've come is a foggy glass mirror. We haven't a clue...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I ask most people if they need confirmation or want guidance, why don't they just ask Father. They respond, that they do indeed pray. But, why don't these same people, hold and wait for an answer back?

Most will tell you, either God doesn't speak, it will be your own voice, or that you will contact an evil spirit claiming to be God.

So, how does one actually hear God speak with words, and not just feelings? Is it even possible?

On two occasions in my life, no three, I've heard God speak, which came in a faint whisper.

on one occasion he said "thy will be done" on another "God is God" and on another "I'm proud of you son"

this was over the course of about 8 years, just three times, same faint whisper.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

There is no him or her, it just IS. All of our attempts to define or label Source, and the closest we've come is a foggy glass mirror. We haven't a clue...

Father Sky, Mother Earth. No simpler than that, my friend. It is all how we perceive the Divine. All have slightly different perceptions of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I ask most people if they need confirmation or want guidance, why don't they just ask Father. They respond, that they do indeed pray. But, why don't these same people, hold and wait for an answer back?

Most will tell you, either God doesn't speak, it will be your own voice, or that you will contact an evil spirit claiming to be God.

So, how does one actually hear God speak with words, and not just feelings? Is it even possible?

I believe God talks to us more than people realize. I believe I hear God every day, in my own head and in the words of others. It's pretty easy to hear Him if you consider that He knows everything, from every dark corner of our hearts and minds and has set things up to play out just as they are.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join