It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Does God not separate the believers from the unbelievers at the end of the world? I'm confused? Doesn't he do exactly that?
edit on 14-10-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by jhill76

Does God not separate the believers from the unbelievers at the end of the world? I'm confused? Doesn't he do exactly that?

Yes. But, your point was why would he do it at that point in time. You stated why would he want us to be around something we would be tempted by. Isn't man by many things he could be tempted by today. (Sex, status, money, etc).

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

People forget they have many senses to hear with. Some of those senses might be just gut feelings.

What if a person is deaf and they have never heard a voice? Sometimes people see things to get an answer, sometimes events are put right in front of their faces.

God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes what you seek is not something you can hear.

Everyone is open to answers, but they have to be open to receive them in any form.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

Yes. But, your point was why would he do it at that point in time. You stated why would he want us to be around something we would be tempted by. Isn't man by many things he could be tempted by today. (Sex, status, money, etc).

See the TROLL won.
He got you two to argue about his topic. Which was way off the thread topic.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by jhill76

People forget they have many senses to hear with. Some of those senses might be just gut feelings.

What if a person is deaf and they have never heard a voice? Sometimes people see things to get an answer, sometimes events are put right in front of their faces.

God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes what you seek is not something you can hear.

Everyone is open to answers, but they have to be open to receive them in any form.

Yes I agree.
God would communicate by means relevant to each individual.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

See the TROLL won. He got you two to argue about his topic. Which was way off the thread topic.

True. But, being on here so long, I tend to find out that many threads towards page 5 and on, is about other things than the OP, it seems to go that way. Guilty as charged.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Cause like I said I don't think the story is about real trees. It's not that God wanted us to be tempted by a tree. We just happened to get tempted by it, by the serpent. But the tree actually has an entirely different purpose.

The Garden story is just a small summary of the Bible as a whole in my opinion. That's all it is. Adam in Hebrew means man, as in mankind. It's mankind's story.

The story teaches us that knowledge of good and evil didn't save us in the end. It didn't make us like God. It actually leads to death. Eat from the Tree of Knowledge and you will die that day. Eat from the Tree of Life however and you'll have eternal life.

The knowledge of good and evil leads to stoning people for breaking the OT law. It leads to an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind. It leads to death. It leads to damnation. It saves no one. Knowing the difference between good and evil does not make our sin go away. Only Jesus can take our sin away.

However, the law does serve a purpose. God didn't make the tree for no reason. But what is that purpose? Well knowing good and evil does not make sin go away. But it does make us AWARE of it. All it does is make us realize we're sinners. It convicts us of our sin. It makes us realize we deserve death. But it is not a solution to a problem. It only makes us realize we have one.

So what do we do? We still need a solution. We still need a savior. We need a Tree of Life because we're sinners and cannot follow the law that has convicted us.

What it's really saying is that if you're rooted in the Tree of Life you don't even need the law anymore. Jesus will forgive you of your sin and the Holy Spirit will change your heart and you will do right just by your nature. You will be given eternal life.

But serpents keep trying to tempt us telling us we don't need the Tree of Life. We only need to know God's law. But it's a lie. Knowing you're a sinner does not make you not a sinner. It does not make you like God who knows no sin. It's not your brain that needs fixed. It's your heart.

Knowing and doing are two different things. Those who eat from the Tree of Knowledge will know the law, but will die because they do not follow the law. But those who eat from the Tree of Life will LIVE the law. They're the ones that will actually follow Jesus and what he commands because he will change their heart.

The Tree of Knowledge changes your brain. The Tree of Life changes the heart. What the Bible teaches is that it's our heart that's broke in relation to God and we've been barking up the wrong tree.

See, it's just a summary of the Bible itself.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

So, when the serpent entered the Garden of Eden, GOD KNEW IT. And because the serpent made it into the Garden of Eden, the ALL-POWERFUL god did nothing to STOP the Great Deceiver from entering. And before Adam and Eve sinned, this god already KNEW what they would do. Yet, this god did not intervene, did not protect his naive children from being tempted. So, what do we call a father that knows his kids are in trouble, but does nothing to help them?
reply to post by jiggerj

As far as God not helping us, in the over all picture I believe he gave us back our life. He did save us, otherwise we would not experience and just be void.

Hi MamaJ. Are we talking about the same story? The one where this god deliberately set up Adam and Eve to fail? He put up a special tree, told them not to eat the fruit of it when he shouldn't have put the tree there in the first place, and allowed Satan into the Garden to tempt god's naive children. He then condemned Adam and Eve to death for eating the fruit (For you shall surely die), and banished them from the Garden. Nowhere is it written that god said, "I am doing this for your own good," or, "You have learned a valuable lesson today."

If you compare it to how you raise your children, this story is the equivalent of you (as a god to your children) not locking up dangerous medicines, guns and tools, and then hiring a known killer to babysit them.

There is nothing good or logical about this story. Either it reveals an evil god with Satan as an accomplice, or the story isn't true at all. And, this is not how I see it, it's exactly what the story says. It is the religious who have blindly ignored this biblical account because they want to find a good in it that just isn't there.
edit on 10/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I haven't flip flopped on anything. The whole basis of the argument was on the hypothetical if it was true that logic would say this or that. I never claimed to you it was true. I just said if it was. But that's something you have to decide for yourself.

Also the gospels are written in a different style than the OT stories. They're written by the apostles in more of a news paper style. Reporting the events that happened. All the apostles and Paul were martyred for their belief that Jesus was real.

That's what the apostles claimed. That Jesus was the actual physical manifestation of the OT. That is why they say Jesus is the word made flesh. If it's true or not you'll have to decide for yourself.

Sooo, you're claiming the Adam and Eve story isn't true, but the Jesus story is true?
On the matter of deciding whether something is true or not, either something is factual, or it isn't.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
God spoke to me a few times when I was younger. I should be dead but God told me why I am alive. He comforted me at the most dire moments in my life. It wasn't my voice and it wasn't an auditory hallucination. (I've been trying to figure it out since it happened... I've spoken to psychiatrists, all types of doctors, etc) It was a calm, deep, all-knowing voice. I know it was God because it was also accompanied by a supernatural event that cannot be explained. My body physically changed instantly as well. I haven't told many people about this, but when I occasionally come across someone else who says they have heard God, we can relate to each other and the experience was so vivid and clear that we have no doubt what happened.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Sooo, you're claiming the Adam and Eve story isn't true, but the Jesus story is true?
On the matter of deciding whether something is true or not, either something is factual, or it isn't.

That is called "cherry picking," my friend. We all do it. What's you preference? Bings or Ranier? It only goes to show how silly the whole entire subject is, because it's subjective to each and every person.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

I'd like to ask in a non-aggressive manner: What part of the word 'God' don't any of you understand?

No, there is no god. Not in the way most people perceive him. He ( IT ) might be a natural force, without thought, but these biblical gods are nothing but ink on paper.

You derailed the whole thread to rag on others for having faith in God.

I was actually enjoying this whole discussion about people's different experiences about their communications with God.
So I'm guessing you haven't had any experiences like those we were talking about.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
God spoke to me a few times when I was younger. I should be dead but God told me why I am alive. He comforted me at the most dire moments in my life. It wasn't my voice and it wasn't an auditory hallucination. (I've been trying to figure it out since it happened... I've spoken to psychiatrists, all types of doctors, etc) It was a calm, deep, all-knowing voice. I know it was God because it was also accompanied by a supernatural event that cannot be explained. My body physically changed instantly as well. I haven't told many people about this, but when I occasionally come across someone else who says they have heard God, we can relate to each other and the experience was so vivid and clear that we have no doubt what happened.

When you said physically change did you mean like your chakras because I started feeling mine after my experience. It was like I could feel a universal energy.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BeenieWeenie

Yes. I speak to Father daily, and I hear him back clearly, like I would hold a conversation with another person. But, telling another this, and they will think you are crazy or speaking to Satan. So many push God further away and do not let him in.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by BeenieWeenie

Yes. I speak to Father daily, and I hear him back clearly, like I would hold a conversation with another person. But, telling another this, and they will think you are crazy or speaking to Satan. So many push God further away and do not let him in.

Really, do tell what your conversations are about? Does he tell you what undies to wear, or does he tell you what to eat? How to think? What on earth would you ever want to talk to God about? Like he hasn't heard it all, for like forever!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Really, do tell what your conversations are about? Does he tell you what undies to wear, or does he tell you what to eat? How to think? What on earth would you ever want to talk to God about? Like he hasn't heard it all, for like forever!

It depends if I am here or there. If I am here, we speak on things of tasks that deal with here. If up there, then we speak on different things, in which if I go there, many will doubt, so I'll leave it unsaid.

If it involves things like going places, etc. I do not ask, because those decisions have already been made beforehand.

But, it's more of updates, and new orders.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jhill76

why don't they just ask Father.

the question is, where is the mother ? when there is a father, there must be a mother, right ?

There is indeed a mother, but she doesn't come here like Father does.

She's probably too ashamed of us all to pay a visit, and Dad's gone deaf because he never listens to prayers anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

She's probably too ashamed of us all to pay a visit, and Dad's gone deaf because he never listens to prayers anymore.

He answers prayers more than you think, just not in the way many would expect. You say you want that new job, but are you ready for it? He will test you first, and if you fail that test, well, you will need more time to become ready. That is just one example.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It depends if I am here or there. If I am here, we speak on things of tasks that deal with here. If up there, then we speak on different things, in which if I go there, many will doubt, so I'll leave it unsaid.

I've been "up there," too. It's closer than people think and not really up.

If it involves things like going places, etc. I do not ask, because those decisions have already been made beforehand.

But, it's more of updates, and new orders.

Is that worse than a honey do list for ya, then?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I haven't flip flopped on anything. The whole basis of the argument was on the hypothetical if it was true that logic would say this or that. I never claimed to you it was true. I just said if it was. But that's something you have to decide for yourself.

Also the gospels are written in a different style than the OT stories. They're written by the apostles in more of a news paper style. Reporting the events that happened. All the apostles and Paul were martyred for their belief that Jesus was real.

That's what the apostles claimed. That Jesus was the actual physical manifestation of the OT. That is why they say Jesus is the word made flesh. If it's true or not you'll have to decide for yourself.

Don't know if it's a literal story or not. It still could have happened literally. I'm not saying it didn't. But the meaning that I take from the story is still there either way. The story helps explain the rest of the Bible to me and that's the most important thing. If it did also happen literally well that's just a plus on top of everything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join