It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I ask most people if they need confirmation or want guidance, why don't they just ask Father. They respond, that they do indeed pray. But, why don't these same people, hold and wait for an answer back?

Most will tell you, either God doesn't speak, it will be your own voice, or that you will contact an evil spirit claiming to be God.

So, how does one actually hear God speak with words, and not just feelings? Is it even possible?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

People believe what they want to believe. And then their belief becomes their reality, and they're afraid of letting go because they think nothing will seem real anymore. And in the end, you can be sure of nothing except the existence of your own mind.

End of story.
edit on 12-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And then their belief becomes their reality, and they're afraid of letting go because they think nothing will seem real anymore.

Interesting. I have heard many say they don't know what is real or isn't real, it becomes blurred.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

why don't they just ask Father.

the question is, where is the mother ? when there is a father, there must be a mother, right ?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jhill76

the question is, where is the mother ? when there is a father, there must be a mother, right ?

There is indeed a mother, but she doesn't come here like Father does.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That's because we've become so used to redefining the world to suit our own purposes that we've forgotten what the world really is...and we recognize how fake everything has become. And when we also realize it all happened because we wanted so much for it to be this way, we wonder exactly how much of what we take for granted IS fake because we wanted it so badly it became real to us.

And that, my friends, is the meaning of the phrase "confusing fantasy for reality".

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

And how do you know this? This is personal opinion, right? A matter of faith and perspective?
edit on 12-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

And how do you know this?

These types of questions need to be addressed in private message.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Feel free to message me. Before you do, please be warned that I have a low tolerance for insubstantial stigma.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This is personal opinion, right? A matter of faith and perspective?

No, this if of fact. I do not speak on opinions. This can be verified many different ways.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When I was a child (around 4 or 5) I would 'pray' to God every night as I laid in bed (I always had a hard time falling asleep, so He was good to talk to.) I wouldn't pray the way I had been 'taught' by church or tradition. I simply just talked to God as if He were my best friend sitting next to me.
And, yes, God would 'talk' back.
It wasn't like a separate voice as if someone were in the room with me...it was more of just a 'knowing'....an answer would come to me in the form of a thought, but i didn't have to 'think' about it. They would be very clear.

I remember specifically asking one time, 'What am I here for?'
Very clearly the answer came back, 'To save lives.'
I had no idea what this meant at the time. I thought it meant I was suppose to be a doctor or an EMT or a firefighter...which I never wanted to be. So how would I save lives?

It took me a long time to realize how I could/am doing that. I have helped 3 people as they tried to commit suicide (one of which I literally had to wrestle the razor blade out of his hands.) I also have found that I can 'save lives' by just being there for people and by trying to 'lead by example.' I will always always help someone as long as I feasibly can. I will always reach out in love to others. I would give away my last nickle if it would help someone else more. I've also recently had more than one person thank me for being me and literally said, 'you helped save my life.'
I don't mean this to talk myself up. I know it may sound like I'm ego stroking here. But all I'm really trying to do is to show examples of how God can live through each and every one of us. All we have to do is reach out to people with love and you too can 'save lives.'

And yes, I did go through a rather dark time during my teenage up to early 20's, during which I did not speak to God or give God much thought at all. We have since been reunited, and He has again started talking to me.

The thing is...people have to give up their expectations of 'how' God is going to 'talk' to you. Most likely, it's not going to sound like Morgan Freeman speaking through a megaphone. It can come in the form of a though, a song, a sign, a stranger, or a million other ways. You just have to be open.
Yeah, some will claim that people are just making it up and will believe whatever they want to believe...which definitely holds some truth (what we believe WILL become our reality.) But for those who know the difference between listening to the Ego and listening to a more divine voice, you will know the difference.

Cheers!
edit on 12-10-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Thanks for the reply, very interesting read.

I also have found that I can 'save lives' by just being their for people and by trying to 'lead by example.'

Yes, many people would think this would mean life and death at that exact moment.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I ask most people if they need confirmation or want guidance, why don't they just ask Father. They respond, that they do indeed pray. But, why don't these same people, hold and wait for an answer back?

Most will tell you, either God doesn't speak, it will be your own voice, or that you will contact an evil spirit claiming to be God.

So, how does one actually hear God speak with words, and not just feelings? Is it even possible?

I once heard something in my mind that was as taken from the bible and it is the only time in my life where I had ever experianced something like this and you know it is not externaly heard. The other side is only making them known like this when they want to prove a point in a way that makes you completly sure what is real and not real. It also helps when you get a proof that does not dissapear and is physical in nature. Other times they just use your unconcious to make you think thoughts.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Become a schizophrenic?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I see you didn't take advantage of my offer. I'm curious as to what kind of proof you can offer of this "Father". But first, you must define Father to me...then, if you like, give me some evidence of his presence. Conclusive, empirical evidence, mind you. Nothing interpretive.

I have to be specific here because I know how extrapolative people can be. They would make terrible trackers. "According to this blade of grass, a Jeep Liberty bearing four passengers and a dog traveling as 20 mph adjust their course 22.5 degrees north-east. And...the radio was playing Def Leppard. Looks like a cracked windshield, too."

Extrapolating.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Compare it with scripture.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jhill76

If you are Mormon then yes...

if not why does there have to be either? Could God being almighty be both or neither?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I don't think I have ever heard god in my head, but I do feel him in my heart.
I am going through very, very difficult times at the moment and I believe God will help guide me through it.
Bless you all.
edit on 12-10-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

From my limited understanding I was under the impression that as people in physical form design we can't handle it. Or we aren't vibrating the proper frequency to "hear" it.
God uses different methods - signs, symbols, and messengers.
Wasn't that the reason that Moses was selected for the interaction with God because the people said they couldn't handle it. It was overwhelming.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

From my limited understanding I was under the impression that as people in physical form design we can't handle it.

Yes, most cannot handle it. Some can't handle even speaking/seeing their guardian angel, so imagine speaking to Father.

When Father comes to speak down here, it feels as if the body is going to break, it feels almost like massive weights and shortness of breath bearing down on you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join