It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by jhill76

I'd like to ask in a non-aggressive manner: What part of the word 'God' don't any of you understand?

No, there is no god. Not in the way most people perceive him. He ( IT ) might be a natural force, without thought, but these biblical gods are nothing but ink on paper.

You derailed the whole thread to rag on others for having faith in God.

I was actually enjoying this whole discussion about people's different experiences about their communications with God.
So I'm guessing you haven't had any experiences like those we were talking about.

I'm not ragging on anyone. I'm questioning how the bible shows this god's clear communication with humans, but in real life people are vague, unsure, misconstrue the message, and don't even know if it's the devil talking to them. Doesn't that seem quite odd to you? Of course not, because since you believe in this god you will justify him no matter how illogical your argument is.

As for derailing the topic, I've done nothing of the sort. YOU are derailing it by turning this conversation into a personal assault because you can't come up with a logical argument. You just want to believe. You just want to believe that people hear this god no matter how ridiculous that message is. Did you believe that Jesus told Oral Roberts to collect more money from his followers? To build a city?

Pat Robertson claimed that Haiti was punished by this god. Do you believe he understands god?
How about AIDS? Ministers claimed this was a god's punishment for gay people. Do you believe that?

So, what powerful message has this god relayed to you? Is it something you couldn't possibly have thought up all on your own? I seriously doubt it.

edit on 10/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Did you believe that Jesus told Oral Roberts to collect more money from his followers? To build a city?

Father did not state this to him. Sometimes he was lead, other times, he was led by his own mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by jiggerj

Did you believe that Jesus told Oral Roberts to collect more money from his followers? To build a city?

Father did not state this to him. Sometimes he was lead, other times, he was led by his own mind.

If you can't trust a man who has spent a lifetime interpreting the word of this god, how can you trust your own mind?

Also, if you heard a voice telling you to kill people, would you believe this message is from your god? I'm going to say no. You would think that it is either a demon telling you this, or that you're going insane. But, if you hear a voice telling you to spread love and kindness throughout the world - it isn't a demon, and you're not going insane - it's from your god.

Only good messages come from your god, right? The god that told Abraham to kill his son. The god that told Noah He was going to flood the world and kill everything. The one that killed all the firstborn of Egypt.

I say this with the absolute best of intentions: the belief in this god is sick, wicked, and a waste of time. And, if you do hear voices, no matter the message, don't listen to it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

You can hear Him, but it takes practice. Go somewhere quiet, peaceful, ask God a question and expect to get an answer (you have to believe to receive). Sometimes the answer is immediate, sometimes it comes to you the next day or in a few days. The answer can come various ways. Sometimes it is a thought in your own head, sometimes on the radio, TV, a publication, a person, even in a post on ATS

. He always answers but you have to be listening, alert, and receptive. Blessings,

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yesterdaysreality
reply to post by proob4

You can hear Him, but it takes practice. Go somewhere quiet, peaceful, ask God a question and expect to get an answer (you have to believe to receive). Sometimes the answer is immediate, sometimes it comes to you the next day or in a few days. The answer can come various ways. Sometimes it is a thought in your own head, sometimes on the radio, TV, a publication, a person, even in a post on ATS

. He always answers but you have to be listening, alert, and receptive. Blessings,

Yes I agree with that.
People need more patience, let go of the instant gratification they expect.
I also think a lot of people tend to focus more on asking for specific "things".
People I knew would say they'd pray to God to win the lottery or something stupid like that.
They should've kept it simple like just asking to be blessed. And they also failed to thank and praise God.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Have you ever heard of the Law of Attraction? Unless you're willfully ignorant, I'd suggest you do your research. The Law of Attraction has been around a lot longer than this "God" dude...

And everything you just posted fits right in with the Law of Attraction. Google it, please.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am not going into the "Law of Attraction". I don't see it as a law because it doesn't occur all the time.
I do think that in certain situations if one focuses on negative they attract negative. But then there are some that focus on positive and will still attract negative. I think it is deeper, within ones heart, ones intent.

Yes and thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtfulness.

I HATE google.
I actually have real books and have read about that subject. I just don't always agree with everything I read.

edit on 10/15/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: add last 2 sentences

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am not going into the "Law of Attraction". I don't see it as a law because it doesn't occur all the time.

Just like "God" doesn't answer all the time?

I do think that in certain situations if one focuses on negative they attract negative. But then there are some that focus on positive and will still attract negative. I think it is deeper, within ones heart, ones intent.

But don't you know? It's all in how you look at it. I thought Judaics were all about looking at the blessings in life, instead of whatever those blessings fail to bring them?

People attract 'negative' because they are forever focusing on what they want instead of what they need. And then when they get what they need, they discard it because it isn't what they wanted. And you wonder why it's negative? Because we didn't use it properly.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Or, answer in the way you want him to, big difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

YOU are derailing it by turning this conversation into a personal assault because you can't come up with a logical argument.

The entire definition of these threads...

No logical argument = circles upon circles of irrational rhetoric and stonewalling.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Originally posted by jhill76

Or, answer in the way you want him to, big difference.

I rest my case.

And I predict that both of you will continue to argue because you are unwilling to view the matter objectively. Loosen your grip on what's familiar to you, or you will continue to close your minds when it is most necessary that they be open.
edit on 15-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And I predict that both of you will continue to argue because you are unwilling to view the matter objectively. Loosen your grip on what's familiar to you, or you will continue to close your minds when it is most necessary that they be open.

You can say this to others, but I have viewed this view from all angles, even yours. You assume, because of what I speak, that my mind is closed. You are drawing an assumption, on something you do not know of.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But don't you know? It's all in how you look at it. I thought Judaics were all about looking at the blessings in life, instead of whatever those blessings fail to bring them?

People attract 'negative' because they are forever focusing on what they want instead of what they need. And then when they get what they need, they discard it because it isn't what they wanted. And you wonder why it's negative? Because we didn't use it properly.

Yes I don't disagree with that at all.
It's perspective but people are limited in what they perceive. Just like they are limited in their understanding. I don't think we're supposed to comprehend everything, all neat and logical.
The perspective of time allows one to look back and see where things they thought were unfavorable inevitably ended up benefiting them in the long run.
For me personally I've been able to view most situations from many angles. I combine my intuition with reason and logic but have found more instances lately that defy logic. And so my views tend to evolve but my core belief in God doesn't change.
Thanks for the smile faces now it doesn't feel so condescending.

I don't really hate Google...strong dislike. I use Bing because less crap links come up.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I find that highly implausible. The study of noetics clearly supports the law of attraction, amongst numerous books written on the subject; you simply adhere to your theories because they have bigger and badder bullies advocating their veracity.

I just wish the human species wasn't so paradoxically idiotic for all of its potential. Guess it's simply too weak to handle the truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I never said I disagreed with jhill76

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

you simply adhere to your theories because they have bigger and badder bullies advocating their veracity.

Again, these are assumptions you are making of me. I will end it here, this is not of continuing.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My elders told me that God speaks in the Dreams .

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albioriix
My elders told me that God speaks in the Dreams .

Yes I've heard that.
It's just tough if you can't remember the dreams.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Albioriix

You call it "God", I call it "higher consciousness".

God = mind

Jesus = body

Holy Ghost = spirit

This trinity extends all the way back to the very beginning of what we today call the "occult". And in all honestly, it's only "occult" because we have hidden it away, due to our fear of it. And we have suffered more from our fear than anything else.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang. But the man did not hear. So the man yelled "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky. But the man did not listen. The man looked around and said, "God let me see you" and a star shined brightly. But the man did not notice. And the man shouted, "God show me a miracle" and a life was born. But the man did not know. So the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are there" Whereupon God reached down and touched the man. But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on. Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way that you expect.

This story illustrates it quite well.
edit on 10/15/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join