It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Biden said he always means what he says?
"Their gonna put you all back in chains"

I'm surprised women are not appalled at the way Biden kept jabbing his pen in her direction.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

Originally posted by Insurrection
I'm still trying to figure out why an old man was barking and a young man was blowing a dog whistle on national TV. -Mags

Classic!
edit on 11-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When Biden reminded Ryan he asked for stimulas money; priceless.Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Really? So Biden was making a sexist gesture towards the moderator?

Here...take a few straws. It will be much easier to grab for em!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
If you want this guy to be your president (should something unfortunate happen to Romney), buy a gun and one bullet. Save yourself some pain.

edit on 11-10-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

The politcal trolling scent is coming
off the page hitting me in the face it wreaks
so bad. Because biden is a old looking fart
and ryan looks like he can atleast handle himself
in a bar fight makes me need a bullet and a gun?

Oooo no another four years with biden being second in command
scares the real living s*** out of me and most working men.
edit on 11-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by beezzer

The net effect will be all eyes on the actual presidential candidates next week.

Everyone will have fogotten about the two we saw tonight.

Next week's debate will be on foreign policy.

Romney could do a crossword puzzle and not say a word and still win against Obama.
(sorry, partisan-me
)

I oblige. Romney sounds like an utter moron when talking about foreign affairs. We need to be strong? Sure. Like, how? We are already fighting two wars and raining Hellfire missiles on Taliban worldwide. What else do you want? Romney stresses that North Korea is a problem and "we need to be strong". Like, how? Nuke North Korea? Romney and Ryan are playing for people who are only able to understand concepts like "strong" and "weak" and don't care to put further effort into analysis of the situation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Regarding the moderator...She didn't do too bad, she was clearly in Biden's camp though.
I don't have a problem with her interrupting and demanding specifics from Ryan. We know what Obama has to offer for the next 4 years, more of the same. But we don't know exactly what Romney will do differently. That is what the American people wanted to hear. Ryan's condemnation of Obama was too weak and his promotion of Ryan's plan was too vague.
Biden was just his usual abrasive self, repeating the tired lies and promises that the Obama administration has so far failed to deliver.

I think I have lost even more respect for both parties.
edit on 10/11/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

edit on 10/11/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Biden said he always means what he says?
"Their gonna put you all back in chains"

I'm surprised women are not appalled at the way Biden kept jabbing his pen in her direction.

That might be true, but what is a pen compared to the catholic church saying to millions of women "you don't have the right to your own bodies" and those millions upon millions are not catholic ! ?
edit on 11-10-2012 by thetiler because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
An earlier poster asked for anyone to give even one example of Biden's lies. I don't like the use of the word "lie," and reserve it for very special occasions. May I simply say that Biden was contradicted by other information?

Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It was very clear that Biden cleaned Ryan's clock tonight. It was clear, it was decisive and it was pronounced. It was like a grown man going up against a boy tonight.

Abortion, war and foreign policy were clearly, clearly spelled out by Biden tonight. No doubt at all.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Didn't medicare, and social security used to be protected "hands off" funds?

If so.. who put their hands on it?

Congress?

If so.. who created the doom scenario for both?

I am most likely wrong but that's the thought that came to mind.. can anyone set me straight on that?

Well, they are held in trust funds and are not altered as far as their principle, which is still only used for their respective programs and which isn't 'discretionary' budge since it isn't subject to an kind of budgeting other than what is determined by the amount who are eligible to receive benefits.

HOWEVER, as trust funds, they are investments and while the interest is off-limits, the interest is not. That interest is part of what we borrow each year to pay for the appropriations bills for the war(s) going on...it isn't all from China...some of it is borrowing on the trust fund interest. Which...if we didn't have to fund wars...could go back in as principle, or at least a portion of it...and that would solve any future shortages without any trouble at all.

Congress has dipped into the interest to pay for war(s) but no one has taken from the principle. And the amount spent into those trust funds comes from FICA not income tax so only those who actually get paychecks and work for someone pay this...as well as their employers, too, in a slightly larger than matching amount. So the 'working poor' fund the 'entitlement' programs the same as the those who work who aren't poor..if there are such souls...but someone like Romney who doesn't ever get a payroll type income does not pay into those programs.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

It's my honest opinion.

I'm not asking you to like it.

Nothing has changed in the past week about Romney or Obama. Nothing has changed about what they support or what their plans are.

So I'm sorry it took you so long to figure out what their positions are and what you support, but for most people they already know what they support.

It's not a partisan thing, it's a common sense thing.

I will continue to believe that "undecides" past the primaries are idiots, and it sucks that our country is at the mercy of these people that can't figure out what people stand for and what positions they support.

And you said it, politicians have to "woo" undecideds, not because they are smart people, but because they are easily swayed because they really are clueless about politics. That is why stupid things like "Obama is a muslim" influences these people.

Sorry, I will never buy that "undecideds" are deeply discerning people. I see them as easily swayed and easily manipulated, uninformed people who are have turned elections into American Idol.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

If you want this guy to be your president (should something unfortunate happen to Romney), buy a gun and one bullet. Save yourself some pain.

[pic]ki50778665.jpg[/pic

... Because biden is a old looking fart

Ah, thanks for making my point. R&R know full well that our nation have many citizens that consider bar brawl skills as a solution to many problems we are facing, and good enough qualification to hold a high office. Same idea behind Palin. A dumb chick who every day Joe can dig. And so they bend down backward to appeal to these elements. While they know better themselves.

I won't argue, Ryan would win a bar fight with Biden. But politics and leadership are not a bar fight, and Ryan was a miserable b!tch tonoght.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ryan won because his flag pin was bigger.

I jest, but really, that's not much different than allowing emotion to determine your stance.

Interesting that a lot of posts speak of appearance, attitude and supposition instead of relying on the answers both candidates provided and weighing them for factual content, specifics, and policy. Should the news outlets really boil this down to percentages? Doesn't that misplace the focus?

This party system detracts from the issues themselves. Everything then becomes politicized and the people who are hurt are the citizens. And once again, the real problems and concerns are pushed under the rug while everyone is distracted, battling for their "side".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I love this headline sums up the "debate" ,

Angry old man yells at Paul Ryan for 90 minutes; Update: CNN insta-poll of undecideds shows tie; Update: Ryan wins CNN insta-poll overall, 48/44

hotair.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

[pic]ki50778665.jpg[/pic

... Because biden is a old looking fart

Ah, thanks for making my point. R&R know full well that our nation have many citizens that consider bar brawl skills as a solution to many problems we are facing, and good enough qualification to hold a high office. Same idea behind Palin. A dumb chick who every day Joe can dig. And so they bend down backward to appeal to these elements. While they know better themselves.

I won't argue, Ryan would win a bar fight with Biden. But politics and leadership are not a bar fight, and Ryan was a miserable b!tch tonoght.

So you're saying that Ryan is more of a regular person and Biden and his ilk are not?

I would have to agree. Though I think a regular person would do a much better job than Washington elite.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Love the reference to the fall of Saigon.

I find it interesting that the "conservatives" are spending their time attempting to teach the "Obama lovers" economics 101, and the strategy of war.

Undecided women are the ones that go to the grocery store, pay the car insurance, and try to buy clothes for their kids for the school year. That's why they're listening to Ryan.

Ryan kicked Biden's ass for any of those that have an IQ over 93.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So you're saying that Ryan is more of a regular person and Biden and his ilk are not?

A "regular" person does not qualify for the highest office in the world. Sarah Palin was so regular she almost made me puke. Sometimes we need some talent up there, you know?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Budget? What is that? When was the last time we have had a budget?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

People fail to point out Ryan's little douchebag-ish head jerks, and funny smirks as well. Ryan seems to be talking right out of his anus. No filter. Using catch phrases, the same ones Obama used in 2008, and laying out vague solutions with no type of specifics.

Has Obama ever been pressed for specifics? Since his first four years have failed what is his NEW specific plan that he doesn't fail again? Did Biden say anything that wasn't attack on Romney? What did he specific say he was going to do in the next four years...

HE SAID NOTHING!! LOL

I got to hand it to him though he even tried to turn EVERY white house event into a Romney failure of some kind of like it was Romney in the WH and not Obama...geez

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join