It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Biden talked circles around Ryan.

I have to agree, the first debate I thought Obama was too easy on Romney, trying not too sound undignified
I think with Romney it just doesn't work that way. Obama has to really push the facts with Romney.

I really and honestly thought Biden did a terrific job, he is a master speaker, I really think that can't be denied.

I totally agree. Obama will bring his game next debate, I'm positive!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
With Ryan I kept getting the impression that I was listening to Dylan Avery of 9/11 Loose Change fame..!

link   
reply to post by charles1952

On technical points, I think you pretty much cover it and do it well. I'd lean more toward a straight draw for win/lose but I found Fox's people interesting to listen to on analysis.

The Radio crowd went strong toward Biden... TV more toward Ryan and transcript slightly favoring Biden. I guess appearance made all the difference and the coaching on both of them was definitely well done and solid. Not a bad thing meant there, just a statement of what happened.

I suppose they both accomplished their personal goals to the extent they had them for their own bases.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by loam
Five minutes after the debate and its clear many were were put off by Biden's approach.

Biden didn't close the deal with the undecideds, imo.

That's the key point, right there!

Both sides will say their guy won.

But those in the middle?

I watched most of the debate. Both did a good job, Ryan, imho, did a better job. Did it sway the undecideds though?

If it were a wash, then the Romney/Ryan team still won the night.

That is not true about both sides will say their guy won, that is what I love about Chris Mathews of MSNBC, he was pi$$ed about how Obama was too milk-toast. But with Biden, he thought he won three points against very little with Ryan. That is tax, medicare and abortion.

Again Chris Mathews was down on Obama and that really upset the democratic radio news stations.

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Well, guess we will know in the next few days how the undecided took this debate (and the undecided are not morons, as one person suggested)

Undecideds at this point of the game are morons, I'm sorry but it's true.

If they can't figure out what and who they support by now, then I'm sorry but they are uninformed morons.

Unfortunetly, our elections are decided by these morons and that is why campaings are so ridiculous. You can't win these "undecided" (can I just call them morons?) with facts or policy. You have to win them with antics and attacks on the other person.

Undecideds are responsible for our campaign system being focused on stupid crap instead of policy and position.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would say Biden turned off more undecideds than Ryan moved them.

Neither accomplished the true objective.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
Reposting alternateuniverse's cnbc poll link:

www.cnbc.com...

I voted neither

Paul Ryan
53%

Joe Biden
41%

Neither
6%

Total Votes: 28531

link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
FoxNews is now attacking the moderator for Ryan's bad performance.

Is this news, or comedy?

This was a complete hit job facilitated by the moderator. Biden was allowed to ramble on, make faces, snicker, he interrupted NUMEROUS times, lie, disrupt, etc. The mod watched as Biden ran the show.

Anybody with any intellectual honesty will admit that this biotch was in the tank AS I POINTED OUT SHE MIGHT BE in THIS THREAD that I was flamed in.

Eat crow!! You KNOW Ryan got double teamed!

I disagree. The moderator cut Biden off many times to allow Ryan to speak. Ryan got beat, not on time, but in articulating the message he was trying to send.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Isn't it facinating how some posters *cough* sound just like Biden in this thread?

edit on 11-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I'm trying to understand why people are only pointing out Biden's smirks. I laughed every time smirked because I knew in his head he was saying: "What the hell is this guy yapping about?"

People fail to point out Ryan's little douchebag-ish head jerks, and funny smirks as well. Ryan seems to be talking right out of his anus. No filter. Using catch phrases, the same ones Obama used in 2008, and laying out vague solutions with no type of specifics.

And when he is pressed for these specifics, he continues to give more vague phrases to or evades the question with attacks on the Obama administration. He would either do that, or try to appeal to the emotions of the masses by telling some heartwarming story about so and so.

We don't want to hear about so and so. We want you to lay down specifics like real leaders do, and do it with conviction.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by popcornmafia

Biden is the empty suit Obama the empty chair....Hand over fist
this man just lost his job.. Biden has no style at all.

Biden lied about social security, the wars, and made up
stuff as he went... He is a shell, we can't allow this man
to be second in command.....

Too bad, he's already second in command and will remain there for 4 more years

Keep dreaming, after the way biden acted tonight he
would not be elected dog catcher.

The water he was carrying for Obama was to much weight for him..

Joe blow biden tried to act like Ryan wanted to kill his multi millionaire parents
hopes and dreams of their social security, when his solution is to just pass it on
to the next folks, and the next, and the next... He had no substance,,, Ryan out jabbed,
punched, upper cutted biden all night..

Hand over his mouth and the nose touching gave away how much biden was
lying,,, His favorite term tonight was forcible rape

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
One thing that stuck out was when they were answering the questions asked by a military veteran. Biden answered his questions to the point. Ryan started out nice, answered a couple then turned it out into bad policies of the current administration. Misdirection doesn't always work out in your favor.

I also noticed how many times Ryan pointed out how Russia circumvents everything, making Russia out to be the only thing stopping anything from getting done.

We will be out by 2014. Loved it each time Biden said it. Sometimes you have to repeat yourself over and over before some people get it.

Yes we are bringing troops home. They are being replaced with Afghan troops as it should be. Its not putting American soldiers at more risk with less assets. We are training new assets to replace soldiers brought home. We can't be there forever and throwing more money to train Afghan troops when some have resorted to attacking our troops. Conditional withdrawal is not a bad thing Ryan.

I loved the debate.

PS

Throat parched much Paul Ryan?

Made me smile every time he took a drink. He was obviously nervous. I think Biden took this one.

Can't wait for the foreign policy debate. I wonder how Romney will sell how we need more military while the funding could help out in many different areas.

edit on 11-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

link   
Biden was real smooth................

He IS a professional BeeEss'er.

He sneaked in as much as possible.

10:23 p.m. EDT

Given an opportunity to rise above the negativity of the campaign, Biden merely repeats the Obama machine's attack line--including the lie that Romney and Ryan would not ask the rich to pay their fair share. In fact, the rich already pay a disproportionate amount of tax--disproportionate even to their disproportionate wealth--and yet Romney and Ryan are not lowering their taxes.

10:27 p.m. EDT

Biden attacks Ryan's budgets with a series of lies about the programs and funding that will be cut, as well as tax cuts that he proposes. Ryan points out that his budget does not actually cut government spending, but slows the rate of growth to 3%. He adds that not raising taxes is not the same thing as cutting taxes. Biden uses the line about voting for wars that were not paid for--and Ryan points out, amidst the crosstalk, that Biden voted for those wars.

10:29 p.m. EDT

Biden has complained--for the third or fourth time--that he is not receiving as much time to speak as Ryan. In fact, as CNN's debate clock shows, Biden has had more time--over a minute more, in fact, and he has never had less time than Ryan throughout the debate.

10:34 p.m. EDT

Biden has, once again, lied through a debate--and he has also managed to smirk through it, betraying a contempt for his opponent that is almost disqualifying and that managed to outrage even friendly media.

10:50 p.m. EDT

The media commentary is focusing on two major Biden lies: one, that the Obama administration was never asked for more security in Benghazi (it was, as we now know from testimony to Congress this week); and two, that Obamacare's cuts to Medicare do not cut benefits (they do, as Ryan pointed out in his response).

LIVE Fact Check: The Joe Biden Lie Detector

Is there any "Ryan check" links ??

link   
Haha Biden sounded like a mob boss and was snarling and frothing, it was all good comedy, and Ryan just seemed timid. Biden had him dead to rights, it was over from the start, though I still wouldn't vote either candidate, it was entertaining tv, more interesting than the football game that was on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Biden is the empty suit Obama the empty chair....Hand over fist
this man just lost his job.. Biden has no style at all.

Biden lied about social security, the wars, and made up
stuff as he went... He is a shell, we can't allow this man
to be second in command.....

Too bad, he's already second in command and will remain there for 4 more years

Keep dreaming, after the way biden acted tonight he
would not be elected dog catcher.

The water he was carrying for Obama was to much weight for him..

Joe blow biden tried to act like Ryan wanted to kill his multi millionaire parents
hopes and dreams of their social security, when his solution is to just pass it on
to the next folks, and the next, and the next... He had no substance,,, Ryan out jabbed,
punched, upper cutted biden all night..

Hand over his mouth and the nose touching gave away how much biden was
lying,,, His favorite term tonight was forcible rape

In your dreams perhaps, but here in reality, he IS the Vice President ... whether you like it or not

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
in a nut shell just a couple of clowns...

all this bullcrap over afganistan, has nothing to do with them in America...

they are not out there...

they can just talk about it, like it is a damn ornament on a tree...

If I had to give respect to the idiots, I give a slight....

I very slight salute to ryan...

He is the same pedigree thou, as the idiot biden...

in 4 years he will sound like him as well if he won..

Its just a wreck....

they both sound the same, comparing to the past, present and future....

to the men, and women, who are intellectual...

lets leave it at this..

they are both the same...

we are going to get the same in the next 4 years...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Biden did run the show, because Ryan has to defend Romney's flip flopping temporary policies.

75% of Biden’s assertions and claims were the same BS you spew every day, so of course you agree!

We’ll see the stats tomorrow when the fact checkers do their work.

Biden did win tonight. He did good and was aggressive….his “facts” were all BS…but he was good tonight. He was allowed more time, allowed to disrupt, allowed to talk over Ryan, and given every opportunity to respond while Ryan was cut off; all because the moderator was a friend of Obama. Why Romney agreed to this BullSpit is beyond me…but its Romney’s bad.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
One thing that stuck out was when they were answering the questions asked by a military veteran. Biden answered his questions to the point. Ryan started out nice, answered a couple then turned it out into bad policies of the current administration.

I also noticed how many times Ryan pointed out how Russia circumvents everything, making Russia out to be the only thing stopping anything from getting done.

We will be out by 2014. Loved it each time Biden said it. Sometimes you have to repeat yourself over and over before some people get it.

Yes we are bringing troops home. They are being replaced with Afghan troops as it should be. Its not putting American soldiers at more risk with less assets. We are training new assets to replace soldiers brought home. We can't be there forever and throwing more money to train Afghan troops when some have resorted to attacking our troops. Conditional withdrawal is not a bad thing Ryan.

I loved the debate.

PS

Throat parched much Paul Ryan?

Made me smile every time he took a drink. He was obviously nervous. I think Biden took this one.

Can't wait for the foreign policy debate. I wonder how Romney will sell how we need more military while the funding could help out in many different areas.

I honestly agree, and so did Chris Mathews and he was actually favoring Romney with that first debate. It is just that Obama has to get in the trenches and not in a lounge chair.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator

Biden did run the show, because Ryan has to defend Romney's flip flopping temporary policies.

75% of Biden’s assertions and claims were the same BS you spew every day, so of course you agree!

We’ll see the stats tomorrow when the fact checkers do their work.

Biden did win tonight. He did good and was aggressive….his “facts” were all BS…but he was good tonight. He was allowed more time, allowed to disrupt, allowed to talk over Ryan, and given every opportunity to respond while Ryan was cut off; all because the moderator was a friend of Obama. Why Romney agreed to this BullSpit is beyond me…but its Romney’s bad.

The moderator had her dog in the fight
and that was biden... It truly did show.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Paul Ryan is a soulless, emotionless robot who spit out lie after lie. I can't believe he had the nerve to go after Biden's immediate family (the death of his wife in a car accident) in hope of causing Biden to lose focus.

Yes, Biden interrupted him and laughed a bunch of times - I would have too, Ryan was full of malarkey!! (BS)

(and yes, he really was - look up the facts for yourself)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join