It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's only about an hour away. Time to make your popcorn, get out your beverage of choice, get comfy, and prepare to yell at your TV or computer.

Yes, it Debate Time. Please try to be civil. At least more civil than the candidates....

I'll be passing out floor pillows and nerf balls to all who decide to stay for the event.

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I hope this Debate has an audience. It was a touch too quiet for me during the previous debate. I like to hear Americans response to things. And I think if there was an audience (especially an audience thats been paying attention) they would be able to respond when the candidates say something contrary to their stance previous in the campaigning season.

And I also hope Biden kicks Ryans ass
His budget has disastrous affects if rolled out, and it needs to be better understood by the American people if its going to come to fruition
edit on 11-10-2012 by SamLuv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

From what I've been seeing on MSM, this debate might well have a larger *viewing* audience than the Presidential debate. Due to everyone waiting to see if Biden can pull Obama's chestnuts out of the fire. I don't know if it will have a live audience. I'll go check....

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

From what Ive seen of practice shots, it seems the two men are sitting at a desk facing each other. My personal favorite way of debating. I dont like the sermon podium thing. Gives them too much of an opportunity to rant on the message, instead of answering the questions

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I am ready! I have a basket full of plastic Easter eggs to toss at the screen every time JB stutters. If the basket is empty by the end of the 3rd question the husband owes me special favors!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Im torn as a supporter of Obama.

I want Biden to help the Dem Cause, but not to good to think of a run in 2016.

He;s way to tuned in to the AIPAC for me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Found it. It will be hosted by Centre City College in Kentucky...here's some info and link.

DANVILLE, Ky. — Company’s coming, and residents of this central Kentucky hamlet can hardly wait.

On Thursday evening, Danville's cultural epicenter, private Centre College, enrollment 1,340, will be the setting for the country's only chance to see vice presidential candidates Paul Ryan and Joe Biden debate during the fall election season. People in this city of 16,000 are preparing for a phalanx of media, political operatives and spectators.

A small town with a small college...I like the fact it's being held in a small town setting, instead of Las Vegas or some place like that.

“We’re trying to clean everything up and make it look real pretty for our visitors,” said Corman.

Thursday's spotlight on Danville is sure to be especially intense as the undercard debate of presidential running mates attracts heightened interest.

That should come after Republican Mitt Romney's surprisingly assertive performance against a subdued President Barack Obama during last week's presidential candidate debate in Denver. National polls show Romney and Obama in a close race.

I

A lot of press for a small town...

Danville's visitors will include Secret Service agents who've rented an entire section of a local hotel, and the broadcast networks, expected in town Sunday and Monday.

Centre College expects 3,200 credentialed media, including 600 from 39 foreign countries.

Two national media outlets are negotiating to rent the Bluegrass Pizza and Pub downtown - one for a debate forum, the other to entertain VIP guests - though owner Colin Masters was reluctant to give specifics until details are final.

The Debate site...

Come Thursday evening nearly all of these visitors will converge on tiny but prestigious Centre College, a highly rated liberal arts college whose alumni include two Supreme Court justices (John Marshall Harlan and Fred M. Vinson); two vice presidents (John C. Breckenridge and Adlai Stevenson); and a passel of congressmen, senators and governors.

The college, just three blocks from downtown, hosted the 2000 vice presidential debate between Dick Cheney and Joe Lieberman. The Commission on Presidential Debates was so impressed, it chose Center, and Danville, again this year.

"It's a bigger show this time," said Dr. Clarence Wyatt, professor of history, who co-chaired the 2000 debate and has the same role this year. "It's more complex in every way. It's post 9/11, and there's an incumbent this time."

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This Breitbart link will be updating frequently......

LIVE Fact Check: The Joe Biden Lie Detector

There's already some action.....

Welcome to the Joe Biden Lie Detector - we'll be updating this post throughout the debate and the aftermath. You can also follow along on Twitter for updates and spin-off debates by searching for #BidenLieDetector.

5:00 p.m EDT

Long before the Vice Presidential debate began, the Obama campaign tried to smear Rep. Paul Ryan as a liar. It's a "low-rent" tactic, an attempt to avoid debate--and a lie in itself, since Ryan is one of the most honest politicians in America. It's also a classic case of psychological projection--since Vice President Biden has been a master of malarkey his whole life, and lied his way through the 2008 debate against Gov. Sarah Palin.

Tonight, Biden has promised to do better. He told reporters yesterday that he would not say "anything in the debate that's not completely accurate." So, we're going to hold Uncle Joe to that 100% standard. Stay tuned.......

AND...

So what’s the latest meme being promulgated in the Obama campaign’s “personal“ emails? For the moment, they have given up swearing, and now they’ve taken up the psychological condition known as projection; i.e. accusing someone else of behavior that you yourself exhibit. On the eve of the debate between Lyin’ Joe Biden (who has never been shy about making up stories) and Paul Ryan, the email accuses Ryan of lying.

Whatever happens at the vice presidential debate tonight, we need to respond quickly and forcefully.

With 26 days to go, we can't just sit and wait for someone else to set the record straight. That's how elections are lost.

On this point, they are correct; they can’t sit back and wait until the facts are known because all the facts point to Obama’s failure as president. They have to act and act now by attacking Romney and Ryan’s character. ...

Obama Campaign: Ryan’s the Liar, Not Biden

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Think people are underestimating Biden tonite.

Ryan needs to get his ducks in a row

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Okay, I'm actually watching this one.... Time to watch Ryan eat Bidens lunch then hand him the bill for it.

Let the great butt whoopin' commence!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If Joe manages to make it through the debate without dropping the f-bomb, or accidently suggesting he has seen Obama's johnson, it will be a win.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Think people are underestimating Biden tonite.

Ryan needs to get his ducks in a row

I agree...but, heard today on the news, David Axlerod and Obama were brought in at the last minute to coach Biden. Source said, they were worried about his being able to stay on point.

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Does anyone have a good link for streaming the debate?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Welcome to the Joe Biden Lie Detector -

Assuming they are going to be also calling Ryan out on his endless lies.

lol..kidding. I know BB are just fringe hacks working for koch. carry on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

This is what I predict zaps him. He'll be like a University student who spent a week up without sleep, cramming for finals.

How many people have been like that and..how good are ya on focus and effective depth to arguments?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well just throw a biker babe in front of Biden, then Ryan will win easily.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As the Pres. debates focused on Jobs, (ug) this one will use and counter Ryans favorite words, economy on track. Financial BS coming...

Target leaving the audience baffled and eyes rolling up into the backs of their eyes.

Edit to say anyone actually supporting any of the candidates should have their head examined.
edit on 11-10-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

This is what I predict zaps him. He'll be like a University student who spent a week up without sleep, cramming for finals.

How many people have been like that and..how good are ya on focus and effective depth to arguments?

He's probably washing down his ritalin with a scotch and water to calm his nerves right about now......

Des

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As I don't have a dog in this show...I'm watching it for the laughs and gaffes.

I wouldn't sell the old man short. Experience usually trumps the whipper snapper. In a fight of experience versus "enthusiasm"...the youth gets knocked out with one punch.

I don't think Biden is the "bumbling uncle" he likes to play himself as. Sometimes what has been called "gaffes" were just things that people needed to hear but didn't want to hear.

It will be interesting. I imagine it will have zero effect on the polls. I think most people have already made up their minds. If they have not made up their minds, they are probably not qualified to vote. They are either in a coma or clinically brain dead.

The polls...those things that only matter when your side is in the lead....down in the polls..."the polls mean nothing"...up in the polls..."woo-hoo! We win!"

It's stupid...but I'm going to at least try to watch part of it for the circus.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Thanks for joining us. We usually have a pretty good time in these debate threads. Some hilarious things get posted.

One thing I wonder...what did Obama say to Biden when he was coaching him. That's kinda like the blind leading the blind...know what I mean...

Des

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join