It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Need to Vote Romney! We Need Obama Out!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You think Obama is bad? Romney will be ten times worse, and I can guarantee that. I've already stated what will happen, and I am likely correct. Anytime the Obama administration pointed to Bush to explain any shortcomings or wanting of the economy, the republicans were having none of it. Yet I can GUARANTEE you that if Romney gets in office, when things get bad, his administration will blame Obama, and this explanation will openly be accepted. This is because Romney supporters are blind to all the facts except that Romney is a republican.

I cannot stand people like this, who choose their candidate based solely on what party they represent. I think that the majority are not dumb enough to fall for Romney's lies, which have been proven many, and all this talk that Obama is behind is pure garbage. I am not voting for Obama, but there is no way I would ever vote for someone like Romney.

So what right do you have to tell people not to vote for a 3rd party candidate? You are only doing this because you want Romney to win, and know that the "smart" people who do not choose from the two party system would never vote for someone like Romney. I am not telling people who to vote for, or who not to vote for, I am just telling what type of people do in fact choose a candidate like this. There are those who want to protect their interests as well, and republican doctrine is notorious for decreasing workers' rights, while increasing profit for executives and business owners. Republicans, in my personal experience, are the ones who hire illegal immigrants to work for them, while Democrats have higher moral standards. I don't know if this is widespread, but I have personally witnessed it time and time again.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't know why everyone is arguing back and forth over this. In the end, it doesn't matter because the world is going to end in December, right?

Also...I cannot STAND Romney. At all. I was unsure on Obama but I'm inching closer to liking him again.
edit on 11-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Our current president may have proven himself to be inept, but Romney's corporatism gives me concern for some reason. I have the impression that it's where he is most talented at and what gives him the most appeal. Who can set the economy straight, if not someone well-versed in the ways of corporations? Never mind all of the faux pas he's been making, that so previously put him on everyone's bad side before the debate shifted his and Obama's reputations practically in one night.

I wonder if a large 3rd party tally wouldn't send a message. Gary Johnson seems to be popular among those who see both candidates' similar shortcomings. When election time comes, I'll choose him and then see just how many other people did the same. Will it be a large enough number to send a message? I hope so.
edit on 11-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just don't see anyone winning but Obama.

I do worry though he will lose his life if re-elected. Why do I say such a thing? No idea.... just a feeling.

They are indeed both puppets however I am scared of Romney.... it just wont be good if he becomes president. He can't wait to get into a World War.

Too bad I can't vote for Ron Paul or Alex Jones.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Gary Johnson? Heh, no thank you.
- Wants immediate cut of $43 billion from medicare and medicaid.
- Has said he will sign legislation to eliminate the federal reserve.
- Wants to cut military spending by 43 percent in his first term as President.
- Wants to eliminate personal and corporate income tax and institute the FairTax system.
- Seems to think that eliminating federal corporate income tax would immediately create tens of millions of jobs.
- Believes the government should have no part in researching renewable energy sources.

Immediate cuts that large to medicare and medicaid would be disasterous - it needs to be trimmed, but not smashed in a single cut. Eliminating the federal reserve is not the fix-all that some think; auditing, reforming, and possibly repurposing it is the right thing to do, not eliminating it. An immediate cut of 43% of military spending would be catastrophic - this is another thing that needs to be done over time. The FairTax system does not work, and he's completely delusional if he thinks that zero federal corporate income tax would result in tens of millions of new jobs immediately. And wanting the government to have no part in renewable energy research is laughable.

This is not to say that Obama is a saint or that Romney is a saviour, but Gary Johnson sure as hell is not the right way to go.

edit on 11-10-2012 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
HILARITY ENSUES!

Willard The Rat Romney is the same guy only worse. I will not be voting for him to ride his white horse into the white house...

You think it is bad now... Wait for BUSH 2.0 to finish what was started! I am not a fan of Obama but they both need to go!
edit on 11-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Same hand different puppet.
Anyone who gets politically close to taking power is carefully permitted to. The only surprise TPTB didn't know ahead of time, over the last 50 years has been Governor Jesse Ventura. The CIA promptly had him in for a meeting. Wanting to know how he ran his campaign and ultimately won. They were blindsided once and prolly only once at least since that pesky JFK.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Essentially, this is the message from Romney.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Gas was a $1.75?...

Not in my neck of the woods it wasn't and it was much higher then that under Bush Jr.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All this thread proves is how ignorant the conservative base can be.

When Obama took office gas was 1.75 Now it's 3.71

The president doesn't dictate gas prices. It is an international commodity. Use common sense, if the President has a say over gas prices, you think he would let them be so high before an election?

People on welfare went from 31.9 million to 46.4 million

Do your homework instead of absorbing incorrect conservative talking points.

Welfare was established as a safety net after the depression, which is why we don't have bread lines during the great recession. This means that the system is working. What would of been a failure is if the system crashed under the strain.
Do you even know what the definition of welfare is? Technically it is only those who receive cash assistance. It is medicaid that tops out around 46 million. Same with food stamps.
The level of poverty, 15% of the population, has remained unchanged since the 1960s. What Obama did was ease the restrictions during the recession in order for more people to get assistance if they need it.

But Obama still doesn't win for adding people to food stamps. Bush does. Bush still added more people to the food stamp roll then Obama did.

Oil Drilling permits under Clinton rose 58%. Under Bush up 116%. Under Obama DOWN 36%

I see that as a good thing.

Americas credit rating downgraded for the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY. Lets not forget about that.

Which was specifically stated by the credit companies because of the republican refusal to cooperate with any budget plans.

Losing half a million dollars on Solyndra.

You can't even report this correctly. How embarrassing for you. Half a million dollars is nothing. The actual number is 535 million from the Dept. of Energy. What the right fails to mention is the other 27 companies that are doing just fine.

Losing how much else on failing 'green energy' companies?

If you can't say which companies and for how much, that is a very poor arguement.

We get about HALF of our energy from coal.

Are you going to get any facts straight in this thread?
Coal is only 22% of energy.

Not only are we closing plants down

Plants are closing down because they are facing a lot of competition from natural gas. Also, all the plants are getting old. Even if Romney were elected and placed less restrictions on coal, plants are still closing down no matter what.

Coal is an environmental nightmare from cradle to grave. It is also a non renewable resource.Other then abundance, there is no reason to keep supporting such a form of energy.

but Obama has said that if someone wants to open a new one they will "probably go bankrupt" because of his policies.

The exact quote is, which was said during his campaign in 2008:

“So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can,” Obama continued. “It’s just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted.”

It was not because of policies,he was referring to the carbon output of coal under a cap and trade system.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Oil Drilling permits under Clinton rose 58%. Under Bush up 116%. Under Obama DOWN 36% Americas credit rating downgraded for the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY. Lets not forget about that. Losing half a million dollars on Solyndra. Losing how much else on failing 'green energy' companies? We get about HALF of our energy from coal. Not only are we closing plants down but Obama has said that if someone wants to open a new one they will "probably go bankrupt" because of his policies.

Coal and any sort of non renewable energy is limited, you can deny it or close your eyes, but there is no way around this.

Alternative energy is a HUUUGE market, and if there is one way to boost an economy which is still dependent on oil/coal its is investing in new energy sources and alternative energy. This is one MAJOR thing in Europe and likely plays a huge role in the current success of Germany right now - BIIIG players when it comes to alternative energy R&D.

Any president in the US would be very smart to realize this, that it would make a lot of sense to gradually get away from oil/coal and start investing and research MUCH MORE into alternate energies - also and mainly because it would be one huge opportunity to get the economy up. The States has a lot to do in this regard (as compared to some countries in Europe) - drilling up for new oil in the Arctic or Alaska will NOT be the answer.

There is the reason for those policies. But some people can obviously not see the bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Alternative energy is a HUUUGE market, and if there is one way to boost an economy which is still dependent on oil/coal its is investing in new energy sources and alternative energy. This is one MAJOR thing in Europe and likely plays a huge role in the current success of Germany right now - BIIIG players when it comes to alternative energy R&D.

That's Europe and Germany, not America. In America big business rules the roost. Not politicians. You know who benefits the most from the renewable energy sources? Energy companies. Business practices and Governmental policies are in effect right now to where it isn't financially beneficial, or even realistic, for the average working Joe to power his own home with the sun or the wind. With all the strides that people have made in this field, why is that more homeowners aren't doing it for themselves? Big business has a lock on the market, and you would be delusional to believe otherwise. This is why it doesn't matter in the least who the next President is. He's not going to change the way things are.

Any president in the US would be very smart to realize this

And they do. They know damn well who butters their bread. That's why no real change is ever going to happen. Not with politics the way it is in America.

it would make a lot of sense to gradually get away from oil/coal and start investing and research MUCH MORE into alternate energies - also and mainly because it would be one huge opportunity to get the economy up.

No it won't. It will be one big opportunity for the fat cats to get fatter. And believe me, they are.

There is a reason for those policies.

You're damn right there is.

But some people can obviously not see the bigger picture.

Speak for yourself. Or more to the point, speak for Exxon Mobile, or BP, or any of the many utility conglomerates who probably paid you to write that garbage. ( I'm sorry....promo piece.)

edit on 11-10-2012 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I agree with you completely. I'm a Ron Paul guy myself but the need to replace Obama outweighs the differences between RP & Romney. The prospect of another 4 years of the Obama administration seems to me to be the most dangerous political decision Amercia has ever faced.

Also - Edit your original post to say "half a Billion" wasted on Solyndra not half a million.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think this is a topic that needs to be addressed.

I'm not voting for Romney.

Why?

He's Mormon. There. I said it.

Would you vote for a Scientologist? No? Then why would you place a man that believes that Jesus came to America and hung out with the Native Americans (who are considered a "lost tribe of Israel").

One might as well vote in a member of the Urantia "religion".

URANTIA

The man may be a smooth buisness man, but the POTUS also is has to make moral decisions for the people of the USA on occasion.

Anyone that can honestly believe Joseph Smith was lead to golden plates only he could read in the woods, which "mysteriously disapeared" -- I don't trust with the nuclear football. This wasn't written 2000+ years ago (ie; Christianity/Judaism/Abrahamic monotheism) This was was in 1827!

Sorry, I had to say it since no one else has/will.
edit on 11-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Hmmm as in this?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I dare to 2 or 3 people that this post might sway to Romney to vote for him. Otherwise you know what we all know, he doesnt care about and you are reading this post for kicks. Romney is a shining example of why the world hates us and why Netanyahu loves him. All u have to ask is, what would Romney do for me? And answer that truly if u dont know anyone that has made money from that federal aid package. BTW how much do u think it cost to continue supporting the pre-existing war and the cost to move all that equipment back to home. Does the Op factor in All of Geaorge W. Bush's terrible, skull and bones, Halliburton and Rand, NWO lame ass policies that almost destroyed America, and really think Republican philosophy or ideaology will continue? ROFL Most of America thinks Romney will increase the tax break to the very ones that created the economic mess we are slowly crawling out off.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

He stands for 0% of the American people but stands so proudly for 100% of his corporate masters

Exactly, how anyone could possibly support Romney is beyond me. If you think Obama bankrupted America what do you thing another Republican war will do?

Why don't you explain..I support neither candidate. But just like with Obama, I'd really like to hear someone with a solid argument say what's going to happen. Obama was suppose to close down Gitmo, didn't happen. How much does it take the run that? Obama said he was going to end the corruption in the banking system, didn't happen. How many CEO's and bankers went to jail? Most of them, responsible for the collapse, still hold their same positions. Bush era tax cuts were suppose to be long gone, yep, didn't happen. Taxing the businesses that run America were suppose to fix the jobs situation...wait, the jobs report came out and we are sitting at 7.8% unemployment you say? Talk to any small, medium, big business owner and they will tell you they have expanded ONLY when they needed to because they are unsure of the taxes from Obamacare and everything else. That tells me the rate could be even lower, and at a fast rate than 4 years, had Obama said which way he was going. You see his number 1 complaint since the debate has been Romney not showing what he was going to do in detail...up until about a year ago we didn't get to look at United Healthcare did we? We don't know what taxes will change because not only did Obama NOT change the Bush tax cuts, but he hasn't laid out in detail either what his raising taxes were going to exactly effect.

So I ask, please tell me how these things above are looked over when Obama's ENTIRE CAMPAIGN was run based off this and he won due to these?? Go ahead, I'll be waiting to hear something EDUCATIONAL come from liberals and racists...yes that's right, there is no such thing as reverse racism, it's all the same thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

While I am not Obama's biggest fan, the vilification of him is beyond crazy. To sit there an insinuate that voting for Magic Pants Romney would be better is ridiculous!.

For one, he panders more than most policiians I have seen. Can't make up his mind about what his true position is. That means whoever is the highest bidder he will do their beck and call. That is NOT a Democracy.

I am disappointed in Obama but because he didn't hold up to many of his promises.

But there could be FAR WORSE Leaders out there.

But to cut to the chase... it is our TWO PARTY SYSTEM STUPID.... always has been.

I get a feeling more and more that there are a TON OF TROLLS ON ATS. You certainly sound like a Troll, probably a Romney campaigner and are trying to wrangle in the right wingers on this board...

Personally we DO need a better system. First off, instant runoff voting would help.

We need to also wrest the power away from the REP/DEM conglomerate. It is criminal that 3rd parties are so marginalized and censored in our political debates. I am tired of being bashed for voting my conscience and being threatened by my Liberal friends (and I am sure the Ron Paul Supporters get this from their Right Wing friends) for "throwing the election". I always believed it was important to discuss our political system as that i sth eonly way we can evolve in our awareness and consciousness but I am becoming more and more disgusted with the masses.... they just piss me off and annoy me. Everyone is so rock solid in their beliefs there is no room for growth.

This country is definately dying and it is due to an electorate that is so dumbed down and manipulated into this farcical political system .

I actually spoke out against Obama due to some law he signed that allowed for the waiver of penalties to countries who engage in Child soldiers. I find that saddening and I question why he got the Nobel Peace prize... but I am not going to vote for Romney ever because he CERTAINLY would NOT be an improvement.

We need a "revolution" of thought and action. People need to start waking up!!!! SERIOUSLY waking up and quit being manipulated by this stupid 2 party system!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sxt004

Originally posted by CB328

He stands for 0% of the American people but stands so proudly for 100% of his corporate masters

Obama was suppose to close down Gitmo, didn't happen. How much does it take the run that? Obama said he was going to end the corruption in the banking system, didn't happen. How many CEO's and bankers went to jail? Most of them, responsible for the collapse, still hold their same positions. Bush era tax cuts were suppose to be long gone, yep, didn't happen. Taxing the businesses that run America were suppose to fix the jobs situation...wait, the jobs report came out and we are sitting at 7.8% unemployment you say?

So I ask, please tell me how these things above are looked over when Obama's ENTIRE CAMPAIGN was run based off this and he won due to these?? Go ahead, I'll be waiting to hear something EDUCATIONAL come from liberals and racists...yes that's right, there is no such thing as reverse racism, it's all the same thing.

Yup.. you are right.. Obama failed on those VERY IMPORTANT ISSUES and many Liberals I have heard are disappointed. I am Liberal and I am currently disappointed with my Liberal friends who know have Obama posters all over the place. I would have hoped there would have been more dialogue about these key points but alas.. just "vote Obama".. blah blah and of course now we have another far right wacko running against him (But looks better than Cain) so ..... here we go again.. can't have Romney so we must vote Obama.

What a choice? What a world.

I am obviously not racist and i do believe a lot of the irrational attacks on Obama (and trust me they are irrational.. such as "He is a Muslim, He isn't an US Citizen etc.. ) are very racist. If you want to call Obama on his failures do it on his failures not on some made up knee jerk BS.

Truth is.. he is much a part of the system as Romney is, as Ryan is, as Bush was... etc. etc. etc ... that is why things haven't changed...

I am probably going to write in my vote but I am not saying for who.....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I say don't vote for either of them, they are both puppets to the bankers anyway, they dont make the big decisions at all. whats the point in voting if both options are #e surely that is a wasted vote. all elections are, are a theater performance for the masses to distract them and make them believe they have choice when really it does not matter. They should be held to contract so that by law they have to do what they say they are going to do. Obama has allready admitted that the promises he made before being elected, were just campaign politics, We are nothing to them. look at the state of the world. either they have doing a terrible job, so they have to go. or they have done it on purpose.......so they have to go. we are capable of doing things for ourselves. they are not even needed.
Check out this bog people
Click Here For NWO Evidence
youtube channel CLICK HERE

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join