It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's count the crazies in the GOP...so far I have 20.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Incidentally, what most people in the United States and Canada, and likely, around the world do not realize is that the national budget of very many countries is already carved up and distributed long before election day, in promises made to the various political parties' campaign contributors.

Most newly elected representatives probably don't know, that when they attain elected office, they will be fighting for scraps of the national budget that are left over from the corrupt pre-election feeding frenzy that goes on among contractors, "pals of pals" etc.

This has crazy consequences. I have a more elaborate discussion of this phenomenon in another thread:Don't Vote in the Canadian Election, under the title Gubmint 101: A Primer for Cherries. You can find it on this page if you are interested. People should clue into this stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of the major discretionary spending decisions of political parties are decided by cigar smoking "pals of pals" in small cafes and smokey back rooms. That's the real political process.

edit on 10-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Double tap
edit on 10-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

Democrats get rid of their crazies, seriously? Kraid gets kicked out for male prostitutiona nd Franks gets rewarded with another comittiee. FOrget abouthe ehole "quam may tip into the ocean?" Or "the shoulder thing that goes up?"

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Double tap

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks for finding those. Some are still as infuriating today as they were then...like Pelosi and her 'pass it to see it' B.S.. I can't believe any intelligent adult stood for that. Congress should have been overwhelmed beyond capacity and nonstop that whole period...not just the highlight moments.

Then again... A few of those were funny as ever and still has me laughing. It's appreciated!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Many would claim that there are about 160 million crazies in the GOP. Many would claim that there are about 160 million crazies in the Democratic party.

Looking at our elected American politicians as a whole, I'd say we've got about 320 million crazies on our hands.

I agree 100% ! Maybe we don't deserve to continue on as a species and it seems that is exactly what we are trying to do in the long run is wipe out humanity as a whole along with all the other species that deserve to survive! I hear insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results! I see it's insane to
vote for either party but we keep doing it and arguing over which of these two parties is right or wrong when it's obvious that they are both moving in the same direction! If there is a God and i believe that to be a good possability, I am must be looking down at us and shaking it's head wondering how we can deny what's right in front of us!
The truth is never far from me
but still i have no eyes to see
just what's wrong with society!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Some things coming out of our politicians mouths these days is enough to make you stop and take notice. What drove me to compose the thread was when one of them suggested the world is better off without rebellious youngsters. Kill your troublesome teens, like it says in the Bible. It was a thread here on ATS. That was sort of my tipping point...(btw did you hear they are chipping kids in Texas now?) That's one grand 'ol party!

Shame there are still people out there who just let crazy stuff go right by them and let it roll like water off a ducks back. In fact I'm certain some of this was "news" to people chiming in on the thread. They are going..."So? What's so bad about saying that?" Right now they are trying to figure what parts aren't true.

You attribute far more grander ambitions than was actually my point...quoting myself here....

The position of the thread, which is simply: MANY in the GOP are batsh# crazy and do not deserve to be dog catchers much less public officials speaking for the State they hail from.

I do not say ALL the GOP.

I have some upstanding Republican friends myself and I would go to the mat for them.
There are Democrats I would not spit on if they were on fire.

I judge people by what I see them say and do. Not what others have told me about them. Including you and the Pelosi and Frank smear campaign earlier. You are going to have to give me even crazier than Maxine Waters

I'm not going to win over all the haters. I know that. I don't even try anymore.

edit on 10-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thanks for finding those. Some are still as infuriating today as they were then...like Pelosi and her 'pass it to see it' B.S.. I can't believe any intelligent adult stood for that. Congress should have been overwhelmed beyond capacity and nonstop that whole period...not just the highlight moments.

Then again... A few of those were funny as ever and still has me laughing. It's appreciated!

That's not what she said. What's BS is taking something, when you know what's actually meant and deliberately attaching the opposite meaning to it.

Produce the actual quote in context and you will see it wasn't to be taken literally.

You have to see it to really know how great it is and what it has to offer.
You have to see it to believe it. aka Wait'll you see it - You're going to love what the bill offers.

FAIL.
edit on 11-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
“If Mitt wins the nomination, I will try my hardest to support his candidacy. For my friends who are not sure, I'd just ask you to keep these things in mind:”

1. Justice Scalia just turned 78
2. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year
3. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
4. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago. In addition, Justice
Ginsburg is reportedly quite ill.
5. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 5 new Justices over the next four years.

This election is about much more than the ObamaCare Tax.

Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come."

If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt
Romney or Barack Obama, THINK AGAIN.

So, for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite
Republican didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:

*SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER.**

*After you have stopped gasping, kindly send this to your list of concerned
citizens.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Unfounded allegations and tripping over ones tongue are not signs of religious zealotry and fundamental fanaticism. These religious nuts are beginning to become an embarrassment for your party. Instead of trying to make excuses and justify them you should be denouncing them.

That you don't and won't for what ever reason - says quite a bit.

I don't care if they think the planet is 6000 years old, but when they start to show up at soldiers funerals with signs to burn in hell, when they talk about wanting to kill their own children because the bible tells them so, when they permit animal cruelty because people have it worse, when they force innocent women to carry and bear children of rapists... these people have carried their crazy too far and to the point where it hurts all of us.

You really should quit trying to defend these guys.
You are only embarrassing yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well I guess we all heard her a little differently on that. Personally, I don't see where there is much room to misunderstand her at all and I do recall listening to this at the time. It pissed me off then, too.

This was coupled with this same woman literally laughing..she actually LAUGHED at someone who asked her about the Constitutionality of Obamacare before the monster was passed. The jokes about 'reading the bill' were fast and flying all over....as the open joke that no one actually DID read the damn thing. I mean, it's not like we pay them and then give them a pension for life for little things like READING a bill they sign into law or anything.

So a lot of things were said by her and those close to her during that immediate period. On THIS whopper of a quote that shall live in infamy though, I'm real confident I understood FORMER Speaker Pelosi just fine. One thing that woman can't be accused of is being vague or easily misunderstood. She's clear as nails down a chalkboard.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes and what she meant is

you have to pass the bill before you... (see how wonderful it really is and all the good things that are in it)

She did not mean that she hadn't read it.
Democrats can read.

If as you say she was saying lets pass this bill so we know what it says,
and she actually did not read it...

I ask you, Why would Nancy Pelosi tell a roomful of people she hadn't read it?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You really don't have to explain her comment to anyone that does not already hate her.

Most people know exactly what she meant and only the Christian witch hunters looking for another presumed "witch" to burn are suggesting she said anything different.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'd like to throw in a "lifelong Democrat" into this Crazy Pool. You will be very surprised to discover who it is

edit on 11-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Presumed witch? We don't presume Nancy is a witch. We know she is a witch

Check this out. Proof is in the picture

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

She's actually kind of cute there! Have you ever seen Glenn Beck in Liderhosen? LMFAO!
And talk about a witch....Ann Coulter? Come on. Halloween is her birthday!

At least Nancy Pelosi has not recommended killing her own kids when they get disrespectful because it says so in her Bible!!!
What is that all about? Are we supporting the Christian Taliban in America now?

I think she knows where babies come from and how they get there.
I'll bet she believes the earth is quite a bit more than 6000 years old.

She is tolerant of gays and works for the people of her district who seem pleased with her accomplishments. The only people she seems to hate and speak out against are the Republicans and they are the only ones who slander, malign and misquote her - like the idiotic juvenile infants they are.

That doesn't make her bad does it?
Unless you support the insane and crazy as a sht house rat GOP too?

She must be a good witch!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by NavyDoc

start to show up at soldiers funerals with signs to burn in hell

UH, Westboro Baptist Church are DEMOCRATS! LOL. en.wikipedia.org...

Democratic PartyPhelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[33] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[34] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[35][36] and 1997.[37]

Support for Al GorePhelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.[37] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm".[38] Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[39] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[4] Gore spokesman Dag Vega declined to comment, saying "We are not dignifying those stories with a response."

I'm not defending wackos, just pointing out the hypocrisy of you for stating that only the GOP has wackos. Obviously you did not realize that the Phelps clan was comprised of Democrats so you assumed they were Republicans.

You should really try to quit trying to paint your opposition with a one sided broad brush, ignoring the same junk on your side. The intellectual dishonesty is getting embarassing.
edit on 11-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

she actually LAUGHED at someone who asked her about the Constitutionality of Obamacare before the monster was passed.

Is it possible the asker questioning the Constitutionality of Obamacare was themselves covered on the taxpayer dime being they're a politician, and she thought that double standard was as ludicrous as it genuinely is?

If it is Constitutionally appropriate to cover corrupt politicians and the thieves representing "the people" in Washington why is it NOT appropriate to cover the people themselves?

You ever consider that? I'd laugh at them too.

Ever hear of The Federal Employee Benefits Program?

That is government sponsored heath care
but you can't have any because it is only for useless thieving, corrupt and corruptible, do nothing politicians and stools in government.

We will pay for THEM to have insurance coverage but not the people they are there SUPPOSEDLY representing?
Yeah that's American.

What a great idea!
Who though of that?
Wait a minute let me guess...Politicians in Washington?

Yeah...I'd laugh too.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
“If Mitt wins the nomination, I will try my hardest to support his candidacy. For my friends who are not sure, I'd just ask you to keep these things in mind:”

5. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 5 new Justices over the next four years.

Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come."

Republican didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:

citizens.

^ Exactly.

As a former Democrat the point needs to be made that it is the Progressives that are the problem in this country. Want to see an example of what rampant Progressivism will do to America? Look at California. I love this state but it's close to collapse. Out of control spending, corrupt municipalities, severe immigration issues, exponentially increasing taxes, workers and businesses/jobs leaving in droves. Gasoline was over $5/gallon last week due to a combination of events and legislative restrictions/green initiatives.

I pay a ton of taxes and part of my mortgage goes to a city bond (called Mello-Roos) for schools and community improvements. My daughter was born and raised here and now I'm being told that she may have to be home schooled because the schools are too overcrowded....and get this - we were told privately by one of the principals that if she was listed as Hispanic and/or an immigrant they could place her right away. It's absolutely disgusting.

Because of my experience with this state I will never, EVER vote for any member of the Democrat party until they clean out the scum Progressives who are a cancer to their party, this state, and our nation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wills120

Originally posted by Propulsion

citizens.

^ Exactly.

As a former Democrat the point needs to be made that it is the Progressives that are the problem in this country. Want to see an example of what rampant Progressivism will do to America? Look at California. I love this state but it's close to collapse. Out of control spending, corrupt municipalities, severe immigration issues, exponentially increasing taxes, workers and businesses/jobs leaving in droves. Gasoline was over $5/gallon last week due to a combination of events and legislative restrictions/green initiatives.

I pay a ton of taxes and part of my mortgage goes to a city bond (called Mello-Roos) for schools and community improvements. My daughter was born and raised here and now I'm being told that she may have to be home schooled because the schools are too overcrowded....and get this - we were told privately by one of the principals that if she was listed as Hispanic and/or an immigrant they could place her right away. It's absolutely disgusting.

Because of my experience with this state I will never, EVER vote for any member of the Democrat party until they clean out the scum Progressives who are a cancer to their party, this state, and our nation.
I feel your pain. It isn’t any better here in Colorado.

There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is a family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog.

Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1.$1100.00 in food stamps a month for 7 kids (mother pregnant again).
2.Medicaid.
3.HUD housing.
4.Pal grant checks for school loans.
5.3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6.$40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” (in Spanish) bumper sticker on back.
7.$50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

I have argued with people about the food stamp amount allowed here in Adams County Colorado. When you have 20+ people living under the roof of a 4 bedroom home, they manage to find a way to get it. Here is how they get $1100.00 in food stamps each month. The illegal Mom tells Social services that she has 7 kids instead of 4, and instead of going out of the way to find proof, they go by hearsay. Many have been busted for doing this, but there are very little resources to follow thru on most of the accusations. I think they should require a paternity test(s) on the Mother and children to make sure they ARE who they say they are.

I have called Adams Social Services on numerous occasions about this family of 20+, and they more or less treat me like a racist. I have on one occasion gone in to complain about them; it took them 20 minutes to find someone who could speak English. When I went in, there was one (1) white family of three waiting in line to get help. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that 9 out of 10 people waiting in line to get help were illegal. There were a good 50 to 60 people waiting.

More people come in and out of their house than the local Wal-Mart. Police are there regularly for dog and rooster fights. All the illegal actions are blamed on the underage kids so the adults don’t receive jail time. The system is lenient on the kids because they are minors and illegal. They only get probation.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And of course, who IS paying for this? I can't help but want to throw-up in my mouth when I think about it...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by theconspirator

We started to address that issue in the 2010 midterms and have unfinished business to attend to in November.

To the OP
It's fun to label crazies on both sides of the aisle... all the more reason to get serious about strict term limits in The House and Senate. All of that power rots the brain equally... just look at the crap that oozes out of Pelosi's mouth and Barney Franks rear end... Detached and completely out of touch with reality and the average constituent.

This is far from fun. This is FRIGHT NIGHT. Pelosi and Frank have made some poor choices, granted but if I were on a deserted island I'd choose Pelosi and Frank over these folks who seem to have a hinge permanently unscrewed.

Barney Frank? The guy who had a prostitution ring, "no problem with Fanny or Freddie," contributions from Frannie and Freddie, opposition to housing reform, kickbacks to Reams, Barny Frank? Trustworthy? You have got to be kidding.

Are you so shocked that a liberal calling GOPers out as crazy, wants to share an island with Pelosi and Frank?
Nice way to derail one's own thread lol.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join