It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's count the crazies in the GOP...so far I have 20.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh you're right on that. Politics can get pretty hateful around here from both sides. It would be nice to think it was a political game, but Akin truly believes what he said, imo.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Now here is something that is scary to me.

I live in Missouri. The state of Todd Akin - rape victims can't get pregnant.

Even after he said those things, he has major support in Missouri. You can't walk out your front door without tripping over an Akin sign. He is basically neck and neck with his opponent Claire McCaskill in the polls.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he wins.

Heck there are even local news anchors telling people to back off of him because he apologized for the comment.

It is hard to expect any less from Missouri. Everyone I know is strictly conservative and hates that Muslim that wasn't born in 'Merica. And it is worse next door in Kansas, home of the Westboro Baptist Church.

That is scary. Thanks for posting. I am seeing the same thing with Allen West here in FL. He is leading by 12 points! I saw the same fervor after the 2008 elections when people were so angry they voted in Rick Scott for Governor and I think a lot of people are suffering buyers remorse there. I just hope people listen to facts and not fantasy and place their votes accordingly no matter who they vote for. If you are a hater and a bully I think you have no place in government and if you failed science miserably...ditto. You should have a basic understanding of human life and how it got here. You should know where babies come from.
edit on 10-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is not about the senate or house, but imo, still important to those who live in Kansas as it is about the education of their children.

Here is a little bit of crazy from Kansas. Jack Wu is seeking a seat on the Kansas Board of Education.

Here are a few of his beliefs:

Topeka is evil. Harry Potter promotes witchcraft. Christmas trees are pagan idols. Cancer is a judgment from God. And the teaching of evolution should be rooted out of Kansas schools because it’s a satanic lie.

He also believes that America’s public schools are cultivating a culture of “liars, thieves, murderers and perverts.”

Source

There are a few gems in the article. This guy is a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. A lobbyist for the Board of Education warned that even though many don't believe in what this guy stands for, he may be voted in anyway. He worries people will be more concerned with the presidential race and not bother about the local races and will vote straight republican, as many do.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

What's shameful and deceitful is our taxpayer dollars going to companies that cover up criminal acts using arbitration.

So yes, voting against this Amendment does make them pro gang rape. Just in the same way that anyone who is pro choice is pro abortion, just in the same way that anyone wanting any sort of gun control in this country is anti gun.

All I am doing is using the exact same logic the GOP has been using on the left. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Why should a single taxpayer dollar be used to cover up criminal acts?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
First off...
One note to rzing-- if you would do a little checking into what has been called the "republican's southern stratigy" from the 1960's, you will find the reason the southern democrates became republicans.
With the passage of the Civil Rights Act, no white man would want to be in the same political party as a black man.
When they changed parties they took their attitudes with them and passed them on to their childern.

I was also surprised to see this many replies to this post without any mention of Michele Bachman.

She is on the intelligence commitee and, amoung other things, she recently chided a lunchroom worker for serving falafel because it is a "jehadi" food.
I guess she is afraid Islam is contagious even through the food.
edit on 10-10-2012 by seriousskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by NavyDoc

What's shameful and deceitful is our taxpayer dollars going to companies that cover up criminal acts using arbitration.

So yes, voting against this Amendment does make them pro gang rape. Just in the same way that anyone who is pro choice is pro abortion, just in the same way that anyone wanting any sort of gun control in this country is anti gun.

All I am doing is using the exact same logic the GOP has been using on the left. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Why should a single taxpayer dollar be used to cover up criminal acts?

Because it is not and the entire premise is a dishonest one. Typical leftist Saul ALinsky type tactics...put in a broad reaching bill that is not on topic, untenable, unweildy, and just a bad piece of legislation and then accuse support for something horrendous that really has nothing to do with why the person voted the awful piece of legislation down and then claim some sort of moral victory. Meh. It is so old and obvious at this point. Frankin is a liar and that website lies and anyone who bothers to read the legislation, can easily see the lies going on.

The funny thing is, that you pretty much admitted it in the your last few posts with "they do it too" and "what is good for the goose is good for the gander". It is pretty obvious that you also know this is just a bit of disingenuous slander for political gain.

edit on 10-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by badgerprints

That is not really true. It is a lie designed to make people lose hope in the system and not support their heroes.
When you want to stop an enemy from fighting you take out their leaders.

No. It's not a lie. Look into the lobbyist trade and you will get a rude awakening. There are 435 congressmen and senators and over TEN THOUSAND lobbyists in DC. They have billions at their disposal to get our elected officials to do what they want. They are VERY successful at it.

You might want to read this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

It was very on topic, those that support our military have to be held accountable for each and every dime they receive from us tax payers. Our tax dollars should not be spent on covering up criminal activity, employees of companies who receive taxpayer dollars should not have to be forced into arbitration instead of being able to go to through the courts to receive compensation for criminal acts done to their persons.

The Republican agenda lately has been very anti woman, and thus the pro rape argument is quite valid, as evidenced by the GOP brand's wholesale endorsement of rape as a viable conception medium.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This thread shoudl be titled " I hate conservative beliefs and a also spin wildly everything someone says on the republican side without ever asking republicans good questions." Evolutionist are mad in the head over science.No one understands the origin of life. Absolutely absurd how evolutionist continue to get away with teaching evolution as absolute facts.
Evolutionist need to be grilled with hardcore questions because they have become arrogant with science.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Or you can make the thread title "How to spot liberal agenda miles away."
edit on 10-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by NavyDoc

It was very on topic, those that support our military have to be held accountable for each and every dime they receive from us tax payers. Our tax dollars should not be spent on covering up criminal activity, employees of companies who receive taxpayer dollars should not have to be forced into arbitration instead of being able to go to through the courts to receive compensation for criminal acts done to their persons.

The Republican agenda lately has been very anti woman, and thus the pro rape argument is quite valid, as evidenced by the GOP brand's wholesale endorsement of rape as a viable conception medium.

LOL. I love it. You mess up, the agenda is exposed so you deflect, ignore thepoint, obfuscate, and then get right back on the talking points! LOL. You even were able to slip in the phrase "war on women" in there. Bravo! Alinsky wold be proud. (of course I find WOW to be a bit Ironic since the two greatest Dem heroes were sexual harrassers extrordinare Clinton and Kennedy. Hell, Kennedy left a young woman to die but he is still seen as a champion of women by all of the useful idiots.)

To say that someone votnig against this amendment is somehow for rape, is an outright lie. Simple. This amendment is for limiting arbitration in an employment agreement by any contractor for any reason. Only a simpleton would see this as a good piece of legislation because it is so extremely broad and all encompassing.

No, it is Frankin trying to A). make political hay and B). make the contracting process as untenable as possible. The "covering up for rape" is an outright lie because that amendment is not "anti rape" it is "anti arbitration."

It is disgusting how some political animals will try to gain political ground off the backs rape victims. This is not surprising, it is typical of someone without a moral compass. Sort of like every time there is a shooting, the same assholes rush to bathe their hands in the blood of the dead and use the tragety to further thier political agenda.

"Let no crisis go to waste," eh?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

It is disgusting how some political animals will try to gain political ground off the backs rape victims.

Using rape victims???

No offense to your comments but, be truthful.

According to the bold political statements of not just some, but many,

You do not know what a rape victim is.

You do not know rape results in pregnancy.

This definitely deserves some critical thinking and public scrutiny.

It is not "capitalizing" to red flag a huge judgement error

and question an incomprehensible, biologically ignorant blunder.

It is significant. If you don't know where babies come from,

you have no business in politics
, making important decisions on behalf of women,

or men, for that matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Using rape victims???

No offense to your comments but, be truthful.

According to the comments of not just some but many -

you not only... do not know what a rape victim is -

you do not know that they might become pregnant as a result of it.

This definitely deserves some critical thinking and scrutiny.

It is not "capitalizing" to red flag a huge judgement error

and question an incomprehensible, biologically ignorant blunder.

It is significant. If you don't know where babies come from,

you have no business making important decisions on behalf of women,

or men, for that matter.

WTF are you talking about? My discussion involved voting down a bad piece of legislation that was against arbitration in employment contracts and foolish people were using that to accuse someone of being for rape...an inane accusation and a disgusting attempt to use a horrible act promote political agendas.

Have you been drinking? It's a bit early don't you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Typically attacking and rude. You can't even defend or recognize your own comments?

It is disgusting how some political animals will try to gain political ground off the backs rape victims. This is not surprising, it is typical of someone without a moral compass.

What is actually "disgusting" is how this rudeness you display remains the "go-to mode" of most GOP defenders when they are criticized. Kind of just goes to prove the point of the thread. There is nothing reasonable about anyone in this party. IMO. If I am drinking, you're drinking, smoking dope and shooting heroin between your toes. I know you are simply making up lies to get your point across and deflect from the facts. How's that working for ya?

Like I said in an earlier post, this is the way you guys roll. Romney is doing the same thing.
People might like him (all of a sudden) because he LIED. He adopted a "NEW and IMPROVED" moderate stance he either hid from his base or flip -flopped on.

The truth not only hurts - it is ugly and festering, rotting out in the open, for everyone to see.

Re-read the post doc, I even said "no offense" to your comments. This was a lie. I was offended by your comments but in the interest of civil discourse I said that. You do not seem interested in CIVIL discourse.
Either that or you don't know what IT is either.

I do not resent YOU at all but I DO RESENT the suggestions you are trying to make.
I cannot really respect some of your comments.
By the same logic, I don't expect you to respect mine.
I do expect you to respect ME.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Typical attacking and rude. If I am drinking I am sure you are drinking, smoking dope and shooting heroin between your toes. I know you are simply making up lies to get your point across. Like I said in an earlier post. This is the way you guys roll. Romney is doing the same thing. People like him all of a sudden, because he has adopted a "NEW and IMPROVED" moderate stance he either hid from his base or flip flopped on.

The truth not only hurts - it is ugly and festering, right out in the open, for everyone to see.

You were the one who started with this "you don't know what rape is" nonsense. LOL. You start off being rude and stupid and then get snippy when called upon it? Hypocrite much?

The fact of the matter is that the Franklin amendment was about banning arbitration in DOD employment contracts and the fact of the matter it is stupid to call someone "pro-rape" for voting against it. The side exploiting rape for political expediency in that matter if Frankin.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Not sure we are on the same thread here. You read the OP?
You seem to be veering off topic and on to a personal attack.
Let's keep it peaceful as I am aware of your clever little tricks and know this is just another one.

If you stay here long enough and inflame enough people with your "sprinkling of leaflets" and bombarding the thread with off topic posts and ad hock attacks it will be closed by the moderators.

I know that is what you are trying to accomplish. Because when it comes right down to it, you really are defenseless when it comes to the accusations made in the ORIGINAL POST. You can't argue them so try and de-rail the thread. I wasn't born yesterday doc.

You people are just a one trick pony. We've already seen what this horse can do.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Not sure we are on the same thread here. You read the OP?
You seem to be veering off topic and on to a personal attack.
Let's keep it peaceful as I am aware of your clever little tricks and know this is just another one.

If you stay here long enough and inflame enough people with your "sprinkling of leaflets" and bombarding the thread with off topic posts and ad hock attacks it will be closed by the moderators.

I know that is what you are trying to accomplish. Because when it comes right down to it, you really are defenseless when it comes to the accusations made in the ORIGINAL POST. You can't argue them so try and de-rail the thread. I wasn't born yesterday doc.

You people are just a one trick pony. We've already seen what this horse can do.

LOL Bull# and a nice try to deflect with a bit of untruth. Again, you like lying about people. Read the thread. HauntWok jumped in and called Republicans "gang rape supporters" for not supporting this amendment. I've been calling him on it and showing just what nonsense such accusations are. You are the one who jumped in to the rape conversation. Read the thread, and you will see that I didn't jump in first but was responding to an accusation. But of course it seems the truth and you and not closely related, are they?

"Typical republican mean spirited" are you serious. In this thread we ahve had leftists saying that Repubs support gang rape, poisining the environment, wanting grandmother to eat dog food--all the typical cruel and obnoxious accusations and then y'all get upset when someone points out the disingenuousness of the positions? Hypocrisy is a progressive value of the left obviously.
edit on 10-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
(I felt "possessed" to do this...call this an half automatic writing if you will)

It's time to take our country out of the hands of the socially conservative. This is the election to do it. This is the time to strike a critical blow to their (once our) movement.

Imagine if in the early 2000s if there was no ban upon stem cell research

www.newscientist.com...

What if....ten years ago...we actually invested in this instead of arguing about it? I weep for the stagnation that this mentality inflicts upon the son of man. It is time to take our country back, promote our science, and realize that we don't have to be at war with one another. This could be the last battle, if we fight it well. We simply need a win, and the ideology will consume itself from within.

Imagine a world in which science, technology, and moral progression reigned. Imagine a world where we did not consider humans as innately evil, and build an entire criminal justice and moral structure from that premise. Imagine a world where we saw potential in this plane of existence rather than thinking it a testing ground for the next. Imagine if we treated every other person like a God instead of ourselves and our imaginations. Imagine....a world full of potential.

"I am alone, I look at the heavens and think them empty. And if not empty, I find worshiping whatever dwells there obscene...If there is nothing but what we make in this world, brothers...let us make good."
Beta Ray Bill (yes, even comic book writers know better)

We need to stop thinking about old books and foreign gods as our teachers. We need to stop "interpreting" words of old tyrants to justify our deeds. We need only to look at those who suffer, those who cry out in need. There we will find our selves, there we will find our future, and there we will find the essence of what is to be truly worshiped. If you praise anything in this existence, praise and pray to yourself. Treat everyone as self. Serve every man, woman, and child as if they are the Lord incarnate. There, you will find the second coming of the Christ Yeshua. There you will find the wisdom of the Bodhisattva Siddhartha. There you will discover the true essence and meaning of existence.

We have a chance, and I mean to display no form of histrionic and show. I simply mean to open the eyes of those too jaded to make the last push forward. We are close, the shackles that bind us are loosening. I know it, you know it, they know it, we=me=I=am knows it. Rise, push forward, end the nonsense. Help make the human condition one of grace, and not one derived from a "fall".

We can win this right here and now, setting us on a path of promised prosperity (generations out, mind you) or we can slack now and allow the future to be filled with potential rot of yesterday. It's our choice, our decision...it always has been. We control our destiny.

(filthy liberal spirits infecting my fingers and typing obscene messages on my keyboard)
edit on 10-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
(I felt "possessed" to do this...call this an half automatic writing if you will)

It's time to take our country out of the hands of the socially conservative. This is the election to do it. This is the time to strike a critical blow to their (once our) movement.

Imagine if in the early 2000s if there was no ban upon stem cell research

www.newscientist.com...

What if....ten years ago...we actually invested in this instead of arguing about it? I weep for the stagnation that this mentality inflicts upon the son of man. It is time to take our country back, promote our science, and realize that we don't have to be at war with one another. This could be the last battle, if we fight it well. We simply need a win, and the ideology will consume itself from within.

Imagine a world in which science, technology, and moral progression reigned. Imagine a world where we did not consider humans as innately evil, and build an entire criminal justice and moral structure from that premise. Imagine a world where we saw potential in this plane of existence rather than thinking it a testing ground for the next. Imagine if we treated every other person like a God instead of ourselves and our imaginations. Imagine....a world full of potential.

"I am alone, I look at the heavens and think them empty. And if not empty, I find worshiping whatever dwells there obscene...If there is nothing but what we make in this world, brothers...let us make good."
Beta Ray Bill (yes, even comic book writers know better)

We need to stop thinking about old books and foreign gods as our teachers. We need to stop "interpreting" words of old tyrants to justify our deeds. We need only to look at those who suffer, those who cry out in need. There we will find our selves, there we will find our future, and there we will find the essence of what is to be truly worshiped. If you praise anything in this existence, praise and pray to yourself. Treat everyone as self. Serve every man, woman, and child as if they are the Lord incarnate. There, you will find the second coming of the Christ Yeshua. There you will find the wisdom of the Bodhisattva Siddhartha. There you will discover the true essence and meaning of existence.

We have a chance, and I mean to display no form of histrionic and show. I simply mean to open the eyes of those too jaded to make the last push forward. We are close, the shackles that bind us are loosening. I know it, you know it, they know it, we=me=I=am knows it. Rise, push forward, end the nonsense. Help make the human condition one of grace, and not one derived from a "fall".

We can win this right here and now, setting us on a path of promised prosperity (generations out, mind you) or we can slack now and allow the future to be filled with potential rot of yesterday. It's our choice, our decision...it always has been. We control our destiny.

(filthy liberal spirits infecting my fingers and typing obscene messages on my keyboard)
edit on 10-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

Except there was no ban on stem cell research.

The first bill that forbid federal taxpayer funding of stem cell reasearch in 1996 (Clinton Presidency IIR) but no band on private stem fetal stem cell research and no ban at all on cord blood stem cells, adult stem cells, amniotic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells research at all. Stem cell research was still going on throughout this period and has produced some great results. Why this morning I injected adult stem cells into a knee to repair destroyed cartilage.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting... Shills come in all colors OP - thanks for demonstrating that.

While focusing on relatively innocuous and obsolete seat holders in the Congress, you'll willing ignore the real "CRAZY" going on at the top of the Dem food chain right now.

Obama and Hillary are now working together how to explain their very real LIE about Libya and how they got their own "ambassador" killed....

To me, crazy isn't beliefs or opinions that you disagree with, even if those opinions go against MOUNTAINS of evidence (i.e. evolution).

Crazy is someone who's willing to fabricate an event in an effort to create a false sense of victory and letting people die in the process.

Bush/Cheney did it.. and now Obama/Clinton did it too...

We'll leave out Biden because obviously he's not "crazy" like your list.. he's just a f'ing idiot.
edit on 10-10-2012 by gncnew because: I R SPELL GUD

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Never did claim administration, just stated that there was a ban...to be specific: on federal funding
www.nytimes.com...
Born of social conservatism, no?

I surely remember it to be so.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join