It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario what addiction are you going to be dealing with?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLiveSo what's your addiction you may be fighting during a SHTF scenario?

Cigarettes and probably the Internet. Although I really don't miss the Internet when I go camping.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

So you're the one in my scenario that is raiding the local market?
You're planning to be an entrepreneur even in the worst of times. Nothing wrong with improvising.

Listen... its the way you look at it. Really. Some see the end of something, I see the beginning of something else. Some see "chaos" I see "opportunity"...

Its a point of view

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Allergy meds.

Asthma control

Trying to control it with vitamin C a more plentiful resource. Never had Allergies before until about 2 years ago and now its ridiculous.

But yeah, that would be my hardship.

ive been using honey for my asthma and allergies lately...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
well you stated my addiction in your first sentence.

Coffee I can get over because I have literally ruined myself when it comes to coffee. I make the best coffee I have ever tasted and can never go back to American coffee. Most "espresso" places are crap and can't even come close to the coffee stains on my cup....so I am already used to not getting that when I cant make it myself.

cigarettes, would suck not to have, but I can roll cigarettes pretty well, being that I sometimes do that here, rolling tobacco is cheaper. I would be better off though if I didn't so, bring on the end of the world....I am ready.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I thought I did until I just searched.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Wondering if this is pertaining to "shmokin waheed-waheed", and if so why it is considered a T and C violation when it is legal in several states...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Good question~
because we all have addictions (things, food, sex, situation, thought, emotion):
although if "shtf" its because we have not acknowledged and accepted all together the addictions we must alter!

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Myself id have to get over using the internet when it comes around 7:00 pm because for some strange reason i feel the urge to soak up the updates on what is going on online..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I grow my own organic medicine (will this get deleted too? :/ )

First reply was about this too I guess, lol. It's true though, I don't drink coffee, I don't smoke tobacco,...

What I do like is what I can produce myself, fresh mint for a nice tea, herbs to use in the kitchen or to chew on (the best breath-fresheners are dried fennel seeds! Chewing gum with aspartame, yum, cancer in a convenient chewable package!),...

There will be things that I will miss, but there is nothing (besides below) that I can not live without. Even if we weren't facing a SHTF scenario I would prefer this lifestyle, stay as close to nature as you possibly can
I like technology (at times), I like modern conveniences,... but I don't NEED them, which is what's so wrong with today's society IMO. Kids who can't live without a cellphone and facebook anymore, etc, is what frightens me most... Those are the people that will literally go batsh*t crazy as soon as they lose everything, because for them it's the only reality they know...

Originally posted by Socrato
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

This probably sounds stupid but I feel like I'm addicted to loving my wife. I can imagine in a TSHTF scenario, we could easily get torn apart or one of us seriously hurt or killed or kidnapped. Living with her would be the hardest habit to break.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Socrato because: changed 'without' to 'with'

At first I was like "hah, none!", but then I came across your post and it hit me. I thought of this before, but I tend to get rid of the negativity asap, so I forgot.

Very true, and something that I think I wouldn't even be able to deal with, I don't know...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
To all the members who have mental health issues , I was at our local AA Intergroup office doing telephone answering service as a volunteer . It's pretty boring at times so we were watching recovery videos on youtube . We came across some vitamin therapy videos ( cant remember the scientific name ) but they claim that through vitamin therapy you can bring your hormones and brain chemistry back to normal . Some of us there do suffer from mental health issues and found this very interesting ! It would also be easier and cheaper to stock up on vitamins in a shtf scenario !

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Last year when our power was out for so long after a hurricane, I decided afterwards the kids were not going to drive me crazy due to the loss of their TV/games...

So I bought a real basketball hoop and ball, footballs, soccer balls etc....I bought a lot of board and card games, dice, and art supplies. We also have a ton and I mean a ton of books!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is a very interesting post for me. My beliefs in the shtf scenario and that it will happen sooner or later had a great deal to do with finally kicking my dependency on prescription pain meds. I feel so free for many reasons but especially knowing that all I need daily is food and water. I have been free of that demon for over a year now and am not ever going back.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have very little to say on this Topic. But I will say this. If I had any addictions I wouldn't air them on A Conspiracy website. There have been more then a few people asking odd questions of ATS members as of late. How does any information you gain help you?
edit on 8-10-2012 by Youareallschizophrenic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Er.. Peanut butter & nutella sandwish.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I take seizure medicine that, at the risk of sounding Hallmark-y, gave me my life back. I think all the time about what would happen if my supply ran out with no way of replenishing it. (And yes, I have tried vitamins before... a whole damn daily cocktail of them.)
What would I do? I have an extra full bottle as a nice surplus, and I happen to know that my medicine would be fatal in large doses. I'm sure I don't have to spell it out.

Wow, at all the people who would only have a sugar or chocolate shortage to deal with... If that's the worst you can think of, I wish I had your lives!
edit on 8-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahybrid

Wondering if this is pertaining to "shmokin waheed-waheed", and if so why it is considered a T and C violation when it is legal in several states...

stared your post because I agree with it, but it essentially because the owners don't want it being discussed (and they have the final say so)

but really, who gets addicted to that?

Originally posted by Youareallschizophrenic
I have very little to say on this Topic. But I will say this. If I had any addictions I wouldn't air them on A Conspiracy website. There have been more then a few people asking odd questions of ATS members as of late. How does any information you gain help you?

I don't care if TPTB know I am addicted to caffeine.
edit on 8-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by ahybrid

stared your post because I agree with it, but it essentially because the owners don't want it being discussed (and they have the final say so)

but really, who gets addicted to that?

Originally posted by Youareallschizophrenic

I don't care if TPTB know I am addicted to caffeine.
edit on 8-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Exactly! I practically do not care anymore any way....If TPTB are all so powerful, they know already anyway...Especially nowadays with electronic medical records linked into pharmacies!!! We all know how easy getting a hold of an electronic medical record is if you work for some of these lettered agencies.....They can also hear our phone conversations, read our email or facebook.....its probably too easy for them to check our IP addresses....anonymous on ATS to you and me but we are not to them!!!..........it is what it is.....and yes it sucks....

Like I said, I just dont give # any more!!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Mostly nicotine&coffee.. Tobacco is grown even in the North East...The Coffee can be found in Chicory root which has no caffeine but the flavor is there ...maybe mental over physical with the caffeine although guarana, is a substitute ...maybe stock of on a supplement to ween with?...I'm not too worried bout myself ..The Ciggs are Really going to SUCK but totally do-able. Cause if SHTF i'm not going to be concentrating on a tobacco addiction prob instead on saving myself and my family's Lives... Adrenaline with rid you of many physical ailments when necessary..So the Others who are on "Head" meds are a BIG Worry I believe...A Psychotic break is Something all in its "own" category...('
')
edit on 8-10-2012 by DjembeJedi because: Info change for content..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

were like two peas in a far out pod man, we should get together when shtf so we can share in our scrounging/agony!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dont let myself get addicted to things, Addiction is all in your head, and im not gonna let something like beer or cigarettes control me...I would Like to have Them, but Im not gonna freak out on people just because I dont have them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join