It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario what addiction are you going to be dealing with?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hmm, I'd have to say working out at the gym. Once you stop you start to shrink
lol

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Cigarettes would be the hardest one for me as far as being addictive, but without my medical marijuana I would be in a lot of pain :/ guess I should start growing some..
edit on 8-10-2012 by MDG420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oblivietto

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

You know, this is actually the single most frightening thing for me when I think about what will happen if all hell breaks loose. I've thought about it for years now. I take quite a bit of medication for lupus. It affects primarily my kidneys and central nervous system, and involves significant pain. As such, I take prescription pain meds, and have done for over a decade. I'm in deep water if my pharmacy is suddenly out of commission. I guess I'd try to go isolate myself somewhere and ride it out until the screaming jeebies were over, but I'm not sure I'd make it. Very scary thought.

Google: 'Natural Dentistry + Tooth Meridians' ... read as much as you can about 'Tooth Meridians'.

There's a definite connection between illnesses/diseases with bacteria in the gum-line or bone surrounding the teeth, known as a 'cavitation' (not the same as a cavity which is decay in the actual tooth) even if you have no symptoms. You mentioned your Kidneys ... there is a connection between the Kidneys and Tooth # 7. I had a problem with Tooth # 29 for example, which is directly related to the breasts.

I cured my breast cancer years ago w/o surgery, radiation or chemo. I had a root canal removed AND all the mercury/amalgams removed from a few teeth and a few ozone gum-injection in the cavitations by a Biological Dentist (almost 2-hours away) PLUS I had to give up all foods containing additives, gluten, white flour, wheat and all sugar.

If you eat a diet of fresh foods -- no processed foods and avoid alcohol, sugar, gluten, wheat and MSG and other additives, etc., AND you have the mercury and root canals removed and ozone injections in your gum-line, you may not need the meds that may not be available if the SHTF. You shouldn't have to needlessly suffer.

Also, avoid farm-raised fish and bottom-feeders. Bottom-feeders have high mercury levels that aggravate Lupus and other conditions, and all farm-raised fish contain an artificial-dye in it that's really nasty and highly toxic. Wild-Caught Alaskan Salmon is one of the healthiest foods we can eat.

A Biological Dentist once told a friend of mine who had Lupus this -- " The level of such toxic related porphyrins in the urine of people with chronic conditions including Parkinson's have been found to decline in some patients after cavitation treatment (or mercury/amalgam removal). This is also been found for many cases of Lupus and MS. Lupus symptoms are often associated with blockage and resulting high levels in urine of Uriporphyrin."

A mainstream Dentist will NOT help you -- don't even ask them.

You would need to find a Biological/Holistic Dentist who can safely remove the mercury and give you the proper ozone (gum) injections. There are usually only a handful of these Dentists in any given State or Province. Not sure if you live in the US/Canada. It can be costly and you may have to travel a few hours if you can't find a good Biological Dentist locally.

Pay attention to the few days prior to and also the day of both the Full Moon and New Moon. Symptoms are most likely to act up at these times and you want to be aware of this. I can't make this stuff up -- it's real.

If you can get yourself healthy it can reduce your anxiety and your chances of having to rely on meds that may not be available if the SHTF.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Some of us are on medication which would have DIRE effects were it cut off too quickly.

I genuinely fear this kind of thing.

It's about 4th-5th on the list after direct nuclear, chemical, or bio-weaponry exposure.

I'd *almost* rather be rounded into a FEMA camp. At least *maybe* they would have meds..

I don't think the meds that the deranged FEMA "officials" would offer would be the ones you'd want to take. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Unfortunatley, I'll be a crazy psycho bitch when I run out of cigarettes. I'm not sure how well that will go over when I don't have ice either. The frozen water kind, NOT the drug! I think I'm equally addicted to the two. I can't drink things that are not nice and cold especially since the climate here is freaking HOT!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

This probably sounds stupid but I feel like I'm addicted to loving my wife. I can imagine in a TSHTF scenario, we could easily get torn apart or one of us seriously hurt or killed or kidnapped. Living with her would be the hardest habit to break.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Socrato because: changed 'without' to 'with'

That was really inspiring and beautifull. My heart and soul says that is the way it should be between two souls no matter what difficulties arise or come between two hearts that love.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I have a nasty little addiction to my F******G FREEDOM that is going to be a MOTHER F ER to come down from!!!!!
edit on 8-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Videogames.
Unless I prioritize making something solar powered. People have done gameboys.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Bite me not, erudite clown. There is the star you needed not seek,
and a bump too. This thread should go a great distance...
I have several bad habits, the worst is belief that something out there
will make ANY SHTF scenario better. There is no doubt we're all going
to run out of some kind of creature comfort (or crutches) sooner or later--
I know of no person in our modern society who hasn't grown accustomed.
This deprivation you describe will probably be the first test of us.
My personal gorilla is nicotine.. two days without and I'm a polar bear with
shingles. The prospect of ramping off is scarier than irregular wall current.
One of my ex bosses nailed it, and the prime justification for employment:
"I've tried forever and I can't shake that habit called EATING." Amen, Big Al.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've been brewing my own beer for some time now so I'm good there. I don't smoke or do drugs, so no problems there either. I'm not on prescription meds and I'm relatively healthy. The only thing I can think of would be chocolate. I'd be pretty cranky without that fix.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Salt & Iodine or Iodized Salt
Sometimes hard to find in nature, depending on where you live.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Actually, in prep for this VERY thing, I've been cutting out my pain meds and caffine and watching the alcohol.

I've been exercising more and that helps with the pain. I have to exercise (somewhat) every single day. If I don't I lock up. And I'm down to 2 small cups of coffee per day.

I figure if NOTHING happens, I will have at least done some things to get a healthier body.

Mook

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The very worst part for me will be listening to my wife and her son whine and complain. They don't like doing anything that is more difficult than pushing a button, and sometimes even THAT is too much of an inconvenience. We were without power last spring for a few days during a freak storm that knocked out power in the area. I had wood to keep in the fireplace, melted snow for water. I've learned for myself that all *I* need is my body protected from the elements, food & water (not even GOOD food!), and paper and pen to express my creativity. Oh, and a room away from the whining and bitching!

When I am fully enlightened, I'll be able to rise above the bitching, also!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Peanut butter. I know I can make it if I have access to peanuts, but let's face it, that's not going to be a priority. I'm thinking if the SHTF in 10 years or more, a good portion of the populace will be busy sleeping most of the time because they don't have their "ADD" meds, so getting an upperhand on the script-zombies should be fairly easy.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
While I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day, I could easily do without. If the SHTF I would not have any addictions. I would miss my caffeine for sure, but that's about all. I don't take anything else other than occasional motrin or excedrine for headaches.

No addictions here thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My biggest vice is alcohol and I have drinking various liquids that contain alcohol but are not meant for consumption (when I was younger my problem was a lot worse). Nowadays however, I can go just fine without alcohol as I don't start binge drinking... it usually takes me a day or two for to recoup my bearings. As far as medications are concerned, I have one prescription to help my insomnia/anxiety/depression but I only use it sparingly, using it when I can't sleep and it's 3 AM. I think a serious problem for me is not having any music to listen to; I can go without watching TV or playing video games but I need music, even if it's just background noise. Another addiction that I have is enjoying spicy foods! Always in the fridge is a big bottle of Tapatio amongst various other hot sauces. I don't really have many other addictions and whenever I get sick I just stick it out (I have no insurance so I can't afford to be sick). Occasionally I smoke cigarettes but not often enough to buy a pack, unless I'm drinking with a buddy and we're staying up all night. Coffee gives me diarrhea (yet I have no problem soaking my food in hot sauce) so I don't have to worry about that. As far as illegal vices, I have none as alcohol is cheaper to come by and well within my income bracket.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Coffee, sugar, the internet, my earl grey!!

Minecraft,Dexter, chocolate, and pajama bottoms.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
as a recovering alcoholic this is something i actually use to worry about. i thought about stocking up on vodka "in case of emergency". LOL. lets say i was for sure sick. any who...........i've got that out of the way. addiction free!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

I used to and still do think about stockpiling vodka
but unfortunately whenever I have to money to purchase the supplies, I always end up drinking it!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No my content is hardly controversial. Mostly its off topic. Like this post which I fully expect to get a little u2u over. LOL.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join