It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God" Defined: The Search For Divinity (All Members Welcome)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
S E

Verry Gnostic Christian that view of access to God within each of us as compared to Christianity that says we must reach God through their hierarchy.

And pedophile protecting pope if you happen to be Catholic.

As to your view, I wrote this to try to express it. Not well perhaps but here it is.

Only I can judge God. I, is you, if you choose to be.

Using the term --- I am here means you. I do not mean me unless I am referring to myself and all I say applies to all of us. You are ( I ) to you as I am I to me. Only you then can judge the God construct that you see as you evaluate what you know of God.

Jesus said that at the end of days he would return. He meant in spirit only. Not a physical manifestation. He also said that the time of the end was at hand and that the temple of God was within each of us. The tern spirit represents, the spirit of the law, what is written in the hearts, ---- God in other words, ---- is defined as laws and rules and such as they are the only thing you can follow at all times, ---- and these are set by you and you are in effect ruling yourself in terms of following the God construct you have developed.

Jesus is telling you that you and your heart are the only things of importance in terms of leadership as it is the rules you have accepted as worthy of following. Jesus warned that at end times there would be a number of Jesus’ to choose from and morality is what you will have to choose from.

That is why I think it important to evaluate what Jesus said and determine if it is worthy and moral or not.

Jesus Christ. Madman or something worse.
www.youtube.com...

Below, Bishop Spong speaks of basically redefining Christianity. Going from a church or religious thinking, to a more spiritual or heart felt thinking. I also urge Christianity to change because it is now too immoral to ignore with today’s mentality. It’s overall policies are immoral in my view. The God of war must die and Jesus declared the full and only God that is required and that the noble lie of politics should be revoked to let all know that the God you likely know was always a myth. This may be a good time for you to contemplate such a move as many Christians haves rejected the O.T. God and only focus on Jesus and loving policies.

Bishop Spong speaks well to this issue.
www.youtube.com...

Apotheosis means just recognizing that you are on a journey of being your own God. Some few will have help from God on this through a real apotheosis but only the very few it seems. You cannot get away from that fact so you may as well forget about fantasy, miracles and magic. They were never real and you are the strongest force you will ever know. After all, who but you can make you want to do anything voluntarily? There is no other force that can do this and therefore you are God in the real sense of being master of yourself. If that does not compute with you then remember that A & E became as Gods, God’s own words, and yours is the same birth rite. Throw it away if you wish. You cannot reject the knowledge of good and evil so I cannot fathom why you would throw away the fact that you as well can become as Gods.

The moral of Jesus and his sacrifice is that we should accept being God, and ruling ourselves even against a government if needs be. Become archetypal Moses and face government and declare that it faces one as great as itself. That is what being a free man is all about.

The time of the end is when Jesus becomes your God on earth, ---- again this is you, --- who takes the place of the mythical heavenly God of war. Jesus/you, as the way, the man’s way of judging first, not some absentee God’s unknown standard. Your covenant with yourself is to be the new covenant. Man answering to man and himself. Not to some unknown God.

This clip from J. Haidt shows that we instinctively share God’s morals. In this we are truly Gods and children of God.

blog.ted.com...

I am God because I am the only one who is capable of judging the God I know.
You are a God in your own rite as you are the only one who is capable of judging the God you know.

The noble lie is firmly in place and manipulating your thinking. Discard it. In this day and age we do not need it the way we may have in the past.

The Noble Lie.
www.youtube.com...

As a Gnostic Christian, this theology/philosophy is quite natural to me and can be for all people.

Try thinking as the God that you are. Stop being a sheep and rise to your true inheritance as a shepherd. That is the message Jesus wants you to recognize.

Regards
DL

P.S.
Listen to Jesus and hear for the first time in your life.
Ps 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
Hosea 1:10 Ye are the sons of the living God.
Do you think that sons of God are destined to be sheep or shepherds?
Jesus was here to empower us. Not enslave us. Do not waste what he gave.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I see you have some good points, and demonstrate a fair understanding...I wish you hadn't restricted yourself to "chapter 1" of my OP, so to speak. I would have been interested to see how you grasped my other points as well.

You've overcomplicated matters and digressed on a tangent that is only related in the way a nephew is related to the main character of a story. It is still valuable, but it serves as a distraction from the message I am trying to share - unless the readers have a talent for making their own connections between your ramblings and the points I made in the OP. Unfortunately, more often than not, the connections have to be made for them because their understanding is limited.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I see you have some good points, and demonstrate a fair understanding...I wish you hadn't restricted yourself to "chapter 1" of my OP, so to speak. I would have been interested to see how you grasped my other points as well.

You've overcomplicated matters and digressed on a tangent that is only related in the way a nephew is related to the main character of a story. It is still valuable, but it serves as a distraction from the message I am trying to share - unless the readers have a talent for making their own connections between your ramblings and the points I made in the OP. Unfortunately, more often than not, the connections have to be made for them because their understanding is limited.

True. I was responding to you and not them.

If I did not speak to any of your other points it was likely because I agreed and would not argue against.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Gotta tell you, I loved your post. As heretical as it may have been. Not that we all are gods, but by saying that Jesus/God was incompetent. One lowly Nazarene's death echoes across countless lives every day, even now, 2000 years later. Two. Thousand. Years. Is Jesus's promise of a resurrection for all souls, the wicked and the righteous, a lie? I'd like to think not. If it is, then wow, what an asshole that guy was. But if it wasn't, then I'm pretty sure he did a good job by warning us of the coming judgement.

This question just popped into my head (somehow. This f***ing guy keeps doing that to me.) If Jesus was God, why didn't he solve all of the world's problems? The answer is simple. All of the world's problems are caused by humanistic views. Views that "I am" greater than all others. It leads to greedy, self important thinking which is exactly the thing Jesus warned us about. Sure, this life of flesh is short, and beautiful and you should live every day to its fullest. But you should be thankful to the one who created you. You should be ever mindful of His presence. If you can do that, and still not believe Jesus was the messiah, then it is amazing that you can see so much and yet still be blind.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

Years. Is Jesus's promise of a resurrection for all souls, the wicked and the righteous, a lie? I'd like to think not. If it is, then wow, what an asshole that guy was. But if it wasn't, then I'm pretty sure he did a good job by warning us of the coming judgement.

Let's just say that, if he did say it, you aren't seeing it the way he meant it.

If Jesus was God, why didn't he solve all of the world's problems? The answer is simple. All of the world's problems are caused by humanistic views.

Wait, what? No. The world's problems are caused by a species born of the same guy who created the world, but its still the fault of his creations? That's illogical. If he didn't intend for there to be problems, then he should have made us this way. And quite honestly, it becomes his responsibility. It doesn't change just because he's a god.

But that's beside the point. I'm not taking a literal view on this, and to do so is to derail the topic.

You should be ever mindful of His presence. If you can do that, and still not believe Jesus was the messiah, then it is amazing that you can see so much and yet still be blind.

Or perhaps I should be amazed that you can imitate so much understanding and yet be so arrogant. Now there's a thought.

You still don't understand that you're worshiping humankind, both its present form and its potential form. If you don't understand, then perhaps this wasn't meant for you. We'll give your soul a few hundred years to mature - if we have that long.

edit on 28-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

True, I have a tendency to forget my humility and arrogance bleeds through. I apologize for that. But why are you so determined to change my definition of God? I know who He is. I talk to Him every day. He talks to me every day. Just because I have immersed myself in His waters with the knowledge that I will float, you accuse me of being ignorant of truth.

You cannot blame God for man's wickedness, because he has tried since the very beginning to steer us on the right path. As far as why he didn't create us to be perfect, well he created us in His image, for better or worse. Imagine, God the all-knowing and omnipotent who has never had to answer to anybody in all of eternity, creates us to be like Him. And you expect us all to just listen to Him?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Very good thoughts Mr. Infinity. I enjoyed your post and your reasoning here. I agree that God is a search for divinity, or more simply, an ideal—a search for perfection as you call it.

Good work.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch

Gotta tell you, I loved your post. As heretical as it may have been. Not that we all are gods, but by saying that Jesus/God was incompetent. One lowly Nazarene's death echoes across countless lives every day, even now, 2000 years later. Two. Thousand. Years. Is Jesus's promise of a resurrection for all souls, the wicked and the righteous, a lie? I'd like to think not. If it is, then wow, what an asshole that guy was. But if it wasn't, then I'm pretty sure he did a good job by warning us of the coming judgement.

This question just popped into my head (somehow. This f***ing guy keeps doing that to me.) If Jesus was God, why didn't he solve all of the world's problems? The answer is simple. All of the world's problems are caused by humanistic views. Views that "I am" greater than all others. It leads to greedy, self important thinking which is exactly the thing Jesus warned us about. Sure, this life of flesh is short, and beautiful and you should live every day to its fullest. But you should be thankful to the one who created you. You should be ever mindful of His presence. If you can do that, and still not believe Jesus was the messiah, then it is amazing that you can see so much and yet still be blind.

Give God the credit for what is good and you ignore your fellow man who is working along with you to keep things good. Things are good here because of us, not some absentee super God.

But if you think it good morals to profit from God's murder of his own son and the notion that it is good justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, then I think those who crave heaven will recognize Satan waiting for them due to their poor morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I think it's morally questionable to assume you know better than God. That's all.

The Jews are the ones who killed Christ, the innocent. God didn't make them do it, they chose to because Jesus had shown the world how wicked they were. Their own fear blinded them from the truth of Christ. Jesus came preaching love and forgiveness, and you want to jump on the bandwagon to crucify his Holy Name? Now, tell me again, who has poor morals?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I think it's morally questionable to assume you know better than God. That's all.

The Jews are the ones who killed Christ, the innocent. God didn't make them do it, they chose to because Jesus had shown the world how wicked they were. Their own fear blinded them from the truth of Christ. Jesus came preaching love and forgiveness, and you want to jump on the bandwagon to crucify his Holy Name? Now, tell me again, who has poor morals?

I will not debate the reality of your imaginary hero but will argue against his policies and can prove that our morality has more depth than Jesus' or the bibles. Watch these, pick a policy you think is worthy and show what you can do.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Have you seen Part 2, linked in my signature? It goes into detail on some of the things I mentioned in this thread. Part 3 may become a reality as well, so keep your eyes peeled.

That is...if you enjoyed this particular thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ah, it's a beautiful truth admitting that God is ultimately the one responsible for everything that happens.

However, every man had many choices in their lives to not become the thing that they were. The wicked are blind to the truth when it casts light on their misdeeds. Your videos have not at all described the morality of God or Jesus. God says "Trust God." Jesus says "Trust God." You just can't. Just like Pilate and the Jews.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Have you seen Part 2, linked in my signature? It goes into detail on some of the things I mentioned in this thread. Part 3 may become a reality as well, so keep your eyes peeled.

That is...if you enjoyed this particular thread.

I did not mind it at all as I am all for self-empowerment.

Your link just goes to this O P though.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ah, it's a beautiful truth admitting that God is ultimately the one responsible for everything that happens.

However, every man had many choices in their lives to not become the thing that they were. The wicked are blind to the truth when it casts light on their misdeeds. Your videos have not at all described the morality of God or Jesus. God says "Trust God." Jesus says "Trust God." You just can't. Just like Pilate and the Jews.

What is there to trust when all you have is a bible showing a genocidal son murderer?
If you God wants my trust he must first show up but I think the Haig has first rights.

You go ahead and trust that pathetic excuse of a God. I already follow a better one.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

When you change your mind, He will be there. But if it is too late, do not expect any mercy.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

When you change your mind, He will be there. But if it is too late, do not expect any mercy.

Why are you even on my thread? You clearly don't share my views, and have obviously refused to even consider them You are wasting your time here. Don't you have a sheeple convention to attend?

Reading your posts is the equivalent of taking an atomic bomb to my brain cells. I can only imagine the horrors it's already done to yours. If this "God" exists, I don't want any of his mercy. He can't afford to spare any, not when he'll need every ounce for you.

Have a good day.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Guilt and fear tactics.
You have learned well from your genocidal God.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You and your friend AfterInfinity have both shown your true colors. Hating those that share the truth is the mark of the lost. I simply try to share the light I have found. Call me whatever you wish. It does not effect me. This started as a simple debate and you have turned to casting stones. And the worst part is, I still love both of you. But I dot think I can be the one to show you the light. If you are to see it, open your eyes. Stop living in hate of a God you don't understand.

I am sorry for offending either of you if I have done so. My conscience just does not allow me to keep this Truth to myself. But if you can't accept it, I guess there is nothing more I can do.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You and your friend AfterInfinity have both shown your true colors. Hating those that share the truth is the mark of the lost.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

You have not shown me the courtesy of even beginning to consider what I have shown you. Your truth has more holes in it than Scarface. I could point them out to you, but you wouldn't listen, just as you haven't listened so far. All you want to hear from me or anyone here is, "Yes, you are right," and "Amen, brother." But I won't give that to you, because that would make me a liar as well.

I simply try to share the light I have found. Call me whatever you wish. It does not effect me. This started as a simple debate and you have turned to casting stones.

I apologize if I have "cast stones" at you. However, you cannot frighten me with the 'anger of God' into believing something that I can disprove or show to be severely erroneous in under five minutes. And when the person attempting to convince me won't even hear me out, that is when I know the truth of the matter.

I have listened to you. I know what you want to say. And I know that your words are the words of a blind man parroting those around him. I have seen it happen before, and it sickens me. But if that is the fate you've chosen, I will not weep for you. Ignorance chosen is ignorance deserved.

Stop living in hate of a God you don't understand.

Stop living in adoration of a god you don't understand. Many times have I questioned followers of the faith, and every time, they have gotten angry with me or chosen to walk away instead of discuss the matter. Why? Because they can't answer my questions. They pretend to know so much, but when push comes to shove (intellectually) they are left with nothing to give me. I was discussing hell and the implications of it, and a Christian friend of mine actually rose from his seat and left the discussion when he had been discussing it for ten minutes before I had spoken. It was only after I began asking questions that he left.

You're not supposed to question it. Just accept it. That's the definition of faith. Well, I will gladly be damned if that's what I am asked to do, because I refuse to be a drone.

I am sorry for offending either of you if I have done so. My conscience just does not allow me to keep this Truth to myself. But if you can't accept it, I guess there is nothing more I can do.

You don't know the truth. You can't prove the truth. All you have is the words you have been given by other mindless drones, and that is worth less that the dirt between my toes.

If that's all you have to say, then go. I have made my case very clear, with logic and reasoning, and all you can do is make statements and judgments that beg the assumption that certain events and courses of action can be held as logical and true.

Unfortunately, if they are true, than the men who engaged in them were insane. If they were not true, then you ar insane. Either way, I have nothing more to say to you, because you are unwilling to listen.

I do not talk to brick walls, and so I will not discuss matters with you at this time. It is clearly a pointless exercise that is not worth the energy spent, in either of our cases. You will not be learning, and I will not be discussing, only blabbing to deaf ears. When you have unblocked your ears, I will be willing to explain my theories and answer whatever questions you may have. And should you, at that time, be able to logically prove my theories erroneous, I will be more than willing to rethink my ideas. Until then, adieu and good day.

edit on 31-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

God is real, Darwin proved it.
reply to post by Synarchy

while i believe that God is real, I can't help but laugh everytime i hear the name Darwin. hes been proven wrong many times over, you know that, right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join